Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] "Botanist" Helios mod

Dr_Shadox

Hello , it was for suggest a Helios precept mod allowing it to continue scan plants event if the codex have the full entry.

It's all , i don't have to explain much i think.

It may be sold by Simaris or as a rare drop somewhere.

Sorry for my english.

Edited by Dr_Shadox
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Chesa_Kubrow

"This Kubrow breed is able to "retrieve" plant extract, even with no scanners equipped in the player's gear wheel. Each extract retrieved will also count as a scan."

Supposedly also picks up already scanned ones but i never seen it work. They need to have a deep look into pets overall.

We have Vacuum & Fetch, why not this?

• Like 2

Watched my son do a few missions the other day and he was using Helios. Standing right in front of a Sunlight plant, I asked him what reason he doesn't scan it. He says he doesn't care about doing the Silver Grove or scanning

Most players do not have a reason to scan plants and taking that away from being the one thing players actually HAVE to do is another step towards just having us stand in one place while everything is done by our companions.

What is needed is for the Codex stuff to have more bearing on the gameplay. Make it that scanned enemies can be marked by the scanners and when attacked, give better drop chances and/or damage resistance to their attacks.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dr_Shadox said:

Hello , it was for suggest a Helios precept mod allowing it to continue scan plants event if the codex have the full entry.

It's all , i don't have to explain much i think.

It may be sold by Simaris or as a rare drop somewhere.

Sorry for my english.

Yes, i will love a mod that do this thing! 

Maybe insert this feuture with some new BP of consumables based on plant and various vegetables

I remember this being suggested before. Would be nice to scan plants passively! It's not much of a hassle though, to get those extracts the old school way. Since the Silver Grove quest came out, I've been scanning plants whenever I don't have to hurry anywhere and see one. There are even extraction zones with scannable plants visible, and while waiting for my teammates, I can as well as scan a few Frostleaves or Ruk's Claws. As @(PS4)Dishinshoryuken suggested, you just have to take that 2 seconds to take what's literally before you.

• Like 1

I, instead, want to be really positive and hope they stop releasing bandaid mods.

Instead I hope they realize they cant keep piling outdated systems on top of each other, with a bazilion different resources and requirements for each different thing. many of them used for just a single item/frame in the game. Just making things painful for people that already played a ton, and hella confusing for new players 

Too many things are "done and forget it now", im fine as long as its limited to open maps with their own separate economy, im not fine having so many things sitting in my inventory with no use

In the very specific case of silver grove, they should just drop the thing and make it open like they did for hydroid.

Edited by JohnKable

On 2020-04-15 at 12:36 AM, Marine027 said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Chesa_Kubrow

"This Kubrow breed is able to "retrieve" plant extract, even with no scanners equipped in the player's gear wheel. Each extract retrieved will also count as a scan."

Supposedly also picks up already scanned ones but i never seen it work. They need to have a deep look into pets overall.

Judging from the comments on that wiki page, this does not work at all.

• Like 1