Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finishing melee re-work

(PSN)thegarada

29 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Bro...I'm not sure how to tell you this, but it looks like its done at the moment. Really the only thing I think needs tweaking is exalted weapons, they are a bit...bunk.

I am pretty certain Exilus for melee was confirmed on dev stream. 

58 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

In a different way than it was, yes. But I think they changed the name to something I can't really recall.

Presumably this, from the melee revision notes back in October:

THE FUTURE

14. Lastly: Channeling 2.0 AKA “Rage Mode”
There has been a lot of discussion around this addition, and while it will not be included in the Phase 2 update, there is a lot of work being put into its application. This system is very special and we want to make sure that it is not just a cool addition, but that it has roots in Warframes lore, and a story behind it. This is something we want to implement with a lot of in-game fanfare and details will become available as progress is made.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

It was being reworked to something else, but they haven't talked about it much yet. It's still in the works AFAIK though.

It ended up being reworked into dedicated heavy attacks which deal bonus damage and extra effects based on your combo meter. Channeling as it existed before is not coming back, and I've seen nothing to suggest that's being worked on.

2 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I am pretty certain Exilus for melee was confirmed on dev stream. 

It has never been confirmed to the best of my knowledge. They simply haven't discounted it. The official line on Melee 3.0 was that no further changes would be made to it for the foreseeable future. Once melee metas settle down and enough metrics can be had, Melee Exilus might be revisited.

32 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

It ended up being reworked into dedicated heavy attacks which deal bonus damage and extra effects based on your combo meter. Channeling as it existed before is not coming back, and I've seen nothing to suggest that's being worked on.

Literally above you, sourced 😛 Granted it can be confusing, since it's not Channeling 2.0 and it's a new system entirely, but this is what's supposed to replace it 🙂

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Presumably this, from the melee revision notes back in October:

THE FUTURE

14. Lastly: Channeling 2.0 AKA “Rage Mode”
There has been a lot of discussion around this addition, and while it will not be included in the Phase 2 update, there is a lot of work being put into its application. This system is very special and we want to make sure that it is not just a cool addition, but that it has roots in Warframes lore, and a story behind it. This is something we want to implement with a lot of in-game fanfare and details will become available as progress is made.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was referring to 😄