The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst mechanics In Warframe

il y a 18 minutes, EDM774 a dit :

I don't know maybe some masochists out there like firing marshmallows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean not everything is in the numbers, alot of weapons and especially warframes, have more complex mechanic than just firing a projectile that deals damage.
There are some things you only learn by testing your gear again and again. But if you keep joining public battles, and everytime a nuker join the mission (which as you described, there's a high probability people would do it as it's the fastest way to grind, and hopefully the funniest way to them).

if it keeps happening over and over again, your gear gets rank 30 without having to use it. For a new player it can be frustrating, since without the weapon slots he has to sell his current one to get a new one. He crafted a weapon, farmed ressources for it, he intended to sell it once max ranked, but he probably didn't expect to not even use it.

Of course, some other players will hate the weapon they had and be glad to skip to the next. But what does a new player should do then, should he avoid fissures, play solo, if he wants to experience the game without meeting high ranked nukers ? You think firing marshmallows isn't fun, it's still lot funnier than limiting your 10 minute plays to one button only, at least the guy firing marshmallows is learning how his weapon work, the recoil, the magazine capacity, the reload time, the accuracy, the sound design, there are many aspects to appreciate even in just a weapon.

It's even miore interesting when they start playing with status effect, which one do they prefer ? As they keep playing, their brain keep thinking and come up with plans. On the other hand when I'm in a party with a nuker, I'm just wondering what drink I should grab, better that than try to grab at least one enemy to test something, because he'd just die from the nuker, it just ruins the experiments. I'm far better off just waiting for the next game to have my fun.

Edited by STUVash
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, STUVash said:

I mean not everything is in the numbers, alot of weapons and especially warframes, have more complex mechanic than just firing a projectile that deals damage.
There are some things you only learn by testing your gear again and again. But if you keep joining public battles, and everytime a nuker join the mission (which as you described, there's a high probability people would do it as it's the fastest way to grind, and hopefully the funniest way to them).

if it keeps happening over and over again, your gear gets rank 30 without having to use it. For a new player it can be frustrating, since without the weapon slots he has to sell his current one to get a new one. He crafted a weapon, farmed ressources for it, he intended to sell it once max ranked, but he probably didn't expect to not even use it.

Of course, some other players will hate the weapon they had and be glad to skip to the next. But what does a new player should do then, should he avoid fissures, play solo, if he wants to experience the game without meeting high ranked nukers ? You think firing marshmallows isn't fun, it's still lot funnier than limiting your 10 minute plays to one button only.

like you said in your previous post "all Ninjas play free".

To each their own. There are all flavors of players from casual to hardcore to no-lifer-DPS-calculator-in-hand. I'd put myself between the first two personally while to some others it might seem I'm close to the last one, but fact of the matter is I'd rather rank my gun/warframe even without firing/using an ability once, so then I can mod the ever loving bajebus out of it and go do a solo survival/ exterminate and GO HAM.

Warframe is a power fantasy game as stated by the devs countless times. And to me and many others that means big numbers. you can't get big numbers out of an unmodded formaless thing, any mod slot that's not filled out means it can go even higher than that. Once you're done with the mundane task of getting everything filled out with whatever you need then you can get to the power fantasy part of the game and that's the fun, seeing those big numbers make me [REDACTED]!

Edited by EDM774
  • Like 2

il y a 1 minute, EDM774 a dit :

like you said in your previous post "all Ninjas play free".

To each their own. There are all flavors of players from casual to hardcore to no-lifer-DPS-calculator-in-hand. I'd put myself between the first two personally while to some others it might seem I'm close to the last one, but fact of the matter is I'd rather rank my gun/warframe even without firing/using an ability once, so then I can mod the ever loving bajebus out of it and go do a solo survival/ exterminate and GO HAM.

And I agree with you, at end game, you can totally play like that. You're also right when you say the true potential of the weapons and warframes can be explored only at max rank and sometimes after more forma.
But if you put yourself in the shoes of a beginner, nuker isn't fun, at all. In this game or another. At first it's impressive of course, you wonder how can one player do so much, you admire the future possibilities and have lot of questions mainly "How the #*!%, is he crazy ?".

But after witnessing it time and time again, you realise that the nuker is giving free xp sure, but he's also the only one playing.

Thank you seriously Digital Extremes for adding the shawzin in this game, I finally have something to do when a nuker gets in my party blasting his Energy Restore gear items and spamming his abilities.

• Like 5

Just now, STUVash said:

But if you put yourself in the shoes of a beginner, nuker isn't fun, at all.

I think you've forgotten everyone was a beginner at some point even myself.
And personally I never thought of nukers in my beginner days as "This guy is ruining my fun" I thought of them more along the lines of "Oh boy I sure hope I get to be able to do that too some day, it looks hella fun!" and I sat trough and grinded, met some nice friends, joined a supportive clan, ended up seeing that clan slowly dry up and shrink to a few dedicated players after which we just came together and made a separate ghost clan so we don't have to deal with the 1000 people clan research being handled by 10 people. And here I am today in the shoes of that one nuker I met back in 2012. It's like a fairytale really. (to me at least) Today I just look at recruit chat and scout out new players needing help like most bored vets do, and I try to pass along the legacy.

Man typing all that made me tear up and remember some great times I had in the game... THANK YOU!

• Like 5

il y a 7 minutes, EDM774 a dit :

"Oh boy I sure hope I get to be able to do that too some day, it looks hella fun!"

Yes that's actually what I said, first impression is actually impressive and mesmerizing. But if you see it too often, it's not as wonderful as the first time.
I'm fine with people nuking the map when I join public, I'm prepared for that. I don't expect the plays to be splitted equally among the squad anymore.

Say for fissures, I get in there, I need to open my relics. If a nuker shows up and decide to do everything. It's fine.If I want to try stuff with my gear, I just go solo or with friends.
But when I began to play Warframe, of course I expected the squad, team, to play as a group. Seeing one doing all the job was impressive but not always welcomed, we're supposed to be a team not just sheeps following one guy.

Once Thorham realise he has to accept nukers if he goes public, and that he just has to not go public if he wants to be able to play more on his own, he'll be fine aswell.

Edited by STUVash
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Worse, ephemera.

Oh I just remembered a piece of info from Wikipedia. If you're farming ephemera, you've probably read about this already, but I wanted to share anyway, maybe it's worth anything.

"The Warframe that created the Kuva Lich will determine the elemental damage bonus the Kuva Lich weapon will have, as well as the type of Ephemera should they spawn with one."

There's a list on Wikipedia containing each element and which warframes they're tied to:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich/Main

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Oh I just remembered a piece of info from Wikipedia. If you're farming ephemera, you've probably read about this already, but I wanted to share anyway, maybe it's worth anything.

"The Warframe that created the Kuva Lich will determine the elemental damage bonus the Kuva Lich weapon will have, as well as the type of Ephemera should they spawn with one."

There's a list on Wikipedia containing each element and which warframes they're tied to:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich/Main

Thanks, I'm already aware. My issue is simply that RNGesus hates me for some reason. So anything RNG related in any game ever, I get the crap end of the stick.

• Like 4

vor 48 Minuten schrieb (NSW)FlameDivinity:

Thanks, I'm already aware. My issue is simply that RNGesus hates me for some reason. So anything RNG related in any game ever, I get the crap end of the stick.

Don't think that you get the crap, if you don't know everyone. Me as an example needed one year to get the Loki prime systems.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, STUVash said:

In the end Thorham all you really need to do is either solo or make your own squad to get the experience you want.

Anyone can do whatever they want, I'm not sure if nuking with saryn is the healthiest way to play the game either. I mean sure, duh, you clean the map ultra fast, affinity and all that good stuff. But getting carried so heavily by someone means you also don't experience much with the gear you're leveling.

Which again, is anyone's decision, I'm not gonna say it's the funniest way either. If someone out there is forcing himself to play saryn to get xp faster, I hope he's at least having a good time or else it's just sad really. I hope no one is taking the grind in Warframe that seriously.

But all Ninjas play free.

You're aware that there are many builds for Saryn that dont involve range right? 

• Like 1

This is easy, the marking mechanic on Ash blade storm, this mechanic imo should be for cc abilities (example Inaros` 4th ability) not damaging abilities EVER. This mechanic for Wukong and Venari makes sense and is useful however on Ash it makes sense but in practise is terrible and if I have to choose between an ability to make sense or making it work in gameplay I will always choose the 2nd since after all gameplay is important and wf defies making sense. (hydroids 2nd ability)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

Don't think that you get the crap, if you don't know everyone. Me as an example needed one year to get the Loki prime systems.

I wish it took me a year. But tbh, it was 2 months during unvaulting where it was stuck in the void since elitists complained how "It was too easy to get in bounties." More like, "We don't get to exploit the market with our excessive free time to get as much plat on this." Iirc his systems were stuck 40 minutes into Mot or whatever the defense was, at a 2% chance that rotation. 

However, let us lament in our pain together, for RNGesus has turned his face away from us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thorham said:

Because I play for the action, and not to stand around doing nothing while waiting for the mission to finish.

way to  single out one phrase of my reply and latch onto that ignoring everything else from it 👍

• Like 1

Small inconvenient things in this game like:

-chat with no link option

-certain items cannot be bought multiple times

-unbalanced mods

Larger inconvenient things like:

-host migration

-archwing in general

-map holes

-unchecked hitboxes

-non efficient ammo usage / ammo wasting (certain weapons just waste clips)

• Like 6

archgun deployer...this is so fking bad
I load to profit spider public just so someone else could deal with this sh1t - there is always lag when I deploy it, always something bugs it out and I have to do it 2-3 times before it works and after when I want to go back to my regular loadout it's the same thing.
It's mega annoying to work the way it is now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EDM774 said:

way to  single out one phrase of my reply and latch onto that ignoring everything else from it 👍

Fair enough. If someone plays a nuke frame to speed things up, then why aren't they doing it solo? It's not as if they're getting much benefit from the other players anyway.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Thorham said:

Fair enough. If someone plays a nuke frame to speed things up, then why aren't they doing it solo? It's not as if they're getting much benefit from the other players anyway.

Well, if DE improves solo spawn rates to that of squads (basically 2-4x more spawns) then they'll probably do that. And those of us who play solo will probably play excavators/survival more often, since solo those kind of suck without lootframes (survival) and others to get the power cells (excavator) since everything gets stuck because bad AI pathing.

• Like 2