The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why penalize people that pass MR tests?

Just now, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Why is this a bad thing tho?Why shouldn’t I be able to just blow through the levels if I have the time and money to do so?

When the game first started, no.  Now that we're so close to MR30, I don't see an issue with it.  

• Like 3

Just now, (NSW)JJA209 said:

I’m not sure what you are trying to say here but what happened when the game first started to make this a bad idea?

Oh, when I joined the game, the highest MR attainable was 13.  The longer the game has been around, the more MR items have been added.  So having the 24 hour lock was a way to create retention and time gate player progression.

Now that MR 30 is so close, it will take people much longer to hit max MR and start complaining, so keeping that time gate isn't as relevant as it was half a dozen years ago.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Oh, when I joined the game, the highest MR attainable was 13.  The longer the game has been around, the more MR items have been added.  So having the 24 hour lock was a way to create retention and time gate player progression.

Now that MR 30 is so close, it will take people much longer to hit max MR and start complaining, so keeping that time gate isn't as relevant as it was half a dozen years ago.

Oh ok. Huh I’ve always thought that the cap for mr was 29 or 30 never knew it was that low before that’s cool to know.Seems to make sense to have it back then.Yeah it’s not a big deal I think. It’s just a nuisances I think to wait to get to the next mr when you already beat the previous one. I hope DE changes that portion of the mr 24 waiting period but at the same time it’s not the end of the world either.

Edited by (NSW)JJA209
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Atsia said:

If DE was gonna change anything about MR tests lockout, it would be the lockout on a failure, not a success.

The problem is that their is a lock out on success is my point. You can only pass a test one day at a time and my point is that it undermines the people that are successful at the test.

Edited by (NSW)JJA209
  • Like 5

The answer is to prevent trading throwaway accounts and dirty platinum scammers.  Because many weapons and rivens mods are MR locked ( Syndicate and Prisma weapons trading locked with weapon required MR and  Riven Mods can only be traded if both trading players have a Mastery Rank of at least 8 ) then you cannot create new account and start trading ! it will take many days to get the required MR which serve as way to deterring bad traders.

• Like 12

Like people are saying, to prevent day 1-3 burnout and making throwaway trade scam accounts.

Also unless you are pouring an unhealthy amount of money into the game there is no feasible way to circumvent craft times there is no way you could do more than maybe the first couple of tests in one day.

10 hours ago, MagPrime said:

So you don't somehow manage to blow through all available MR levels.

As if that brand new player is going to level up all 500 some odd weapons, companions, warframes, K-drives, Archwings, grind all avionics to 10 on day 1 to blow through all the MR tests. Boy, that MR test lockout really stops those guys...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Like people are saying, to prevent day 1-3 burnout and making throwaway trade scam accounts.

Also unless you are pouring an unhealthy amount of money into the game there is no feasible way to circumvent craft times there is no way you could do more than maybe the first couple of tests in one day.

I’m rich G. I got enough money to buy almost all the items in the game lol

Edited by (NSW)JJA209

I mean as much as they want you playing the game, there's a number of "don't play an excessive amount" limitations, like the Mastery Rank, daily caps, events like Scarlet Spear and Eidolons running on a timer, and the optional chat message to tell you to take a break.

7 minutes ago, nslay said:

As if that brand new player is going to level up all 500 some odd weapons, companions, warframes, K-drives, Archwings, grind all avionics to 10 on day 1 to blow through all the MR tests. Boy, that MR test lockout really stops those guys...

Can’t always judge a book by its cover tho people live different lifestyles.

27 minutes ago, Laxmibai said:

It also feels epic like a personal achievement of time and investment and good reflex.
It wouldn't feel like an achievement if its something you can blow through to MR20 in 10 minutes.

I kinda get what your saying here. I guess it dose make leveling your mr more meaningful like your training for a lost art.

It’s to more, or less to save you from yourself. The game preys on patience. The 24 hour lockouts can help to remind you that there’s more to the game than MR. it’s really not important. All it provides are small QOL improvements. You can’t even obtain every item available if you just started, so what’s the big rush?

10 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

I can understand as to why you would put a 24 timer on failing mr tests but why do I have to wait 24 hours for the next  test? If you guys have any reasons as to why it’s like that then I would love to here your veiws.

30 ranks, 24 hours apart, 30 days to do it and they're complaining that's so much time? Just because you're rushing everything with plat doesn't mean that a 24h between mastery rank tests is too much.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Can’t always judge a book by its cover tho people live different lifestyles.

It's not about lifestyle. It's about all the other time gates the game puts you through to even acquire all those 500 some odd weapons, companions, warframes, K-drives, Archwings, grind all avionics to 10. It's not possible to do just blow through all the MR levels on day 1.

In the grand scheme of things, what does the MR test lockout actually do? It forces you to take at least 1 month to reach MR 30 (1 MR test for each day). At some point, it would be near impossible to have 1 MR test each day on month 1 of your Warframe experience! And that's owing to all the other timegates already in the game to slow you down.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

30 ranks, 24 hours apart, 30 days to do it and they're complaining that's so much time? Just because you're rushing everything with plat doesn't mean that a 24h between mastery rank tests is too much.

I think it’s too much time  but that’s just my veiw on it tho and I respect your opinion.I mean if your excelling in something then you should be able to progress to the next challenge i think instead of  being held back.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Try rushing the Railjack with plat, grinding all those Avionics with plat, bypassing the trade restrictions with plat (was something like N trades for MR N per day), buying credits for trade tax with plat (genuinely curious, can you even buy credits?). I believe you can rush quite a bit of the early MR levels with a lot of plat... I don't think it's feasible to do that for the later ones (MR 20+). I mean, there are some weapons you can't even get without waiting for daily tribute or an Event (e.g. can't trade Dex weapons for plat... they have potatoes installed).

9 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

I think it’s too much time  but that’s just my veiw on it tho and I respect your opinion.I mean if your excelling in something then you should be able to progress to the next challenge i think instead of  being held back.

Lol, excelling at something now means hydron camping and leeching xp, cos that's the only way you could lvl stuff fast enough for this to be an issue.

Have you cleared the star chart, completed quests, ranked up syndicates, done rj etc etc ?   Or do you think being high mr makes you a good player?   Gotta tell you tenno, that ain't true.   Hydron campers are some of the most useless players in wf.