Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 10.3.3 + 10.3.4

[DE]Megan

• Added a profile setting to enable/disable runtime tessellation for DirectX 11. We encourage players to give us feedback whether disabling this option results in performance improvement on mid-to-low-end video cards when playing Orokin Derelicts.

The results are nothing short of amazing.  I frequently play on my laptop, and parts of the derelicts would dip down to about 4FPS.  I didn't benchmark it, but by eyeball estimation, I jumped up to 30-40FPS after disabling tessellation.

This option to turn off tessellation works great with my system. Certain areas in the void with a lot the white trees would drop frames like crazy. The derelict mission also were worst when there were lots of roots and trees. Now with that off it runs perfectly smooth. Good job DE.

hi there ....well i have a wish ...becasue in the latest update you guys made it possible to deactivate tesselation ...but i cant find the difference between tesselation on and off ...could you guys perhaps make a comparisim between tesselation on and off ?
or maybe someone of the community ....because i would really like to know the difference

The camera still makes my eyes hurt every time it gets caught on my sentinel and vibrates back and forwards. I'm just glad that I don't have epilepsy...

Sentinel, sydianas, teammates... CAMERA HATES THINGS BEHIND YOUR HEAD.

Really annoying for me, too...

Glen" post="1395092" timestamp="1381586835"]

Have you tried turning off tessellation? My guess is it will help with your frame rate issues *AND* fix your crashes.

Maybe you could give us an option to disable tile texture animating, like in that one grineer galleon room with the green beam shooting beneath the platform. REALLY drops FPS.

Also, is tesselation even available for dx10? Or is it something in dx10 that makes rendering those plants from OD so goddamn hard?

Plants (probably the sprites, somehow), Animations, Water - this is what making me lag.

Edited by GTG3000

I chased a weird driver crash all day because people were screaming that OD crashed a lot on some hardware (particularly with older driver versions). We slammed a hotfix so people might better enjoy the new content this weekend -- I don't feel this was pointless effort and hope that people experiencing the crashes would agree with me.

a bit late but THANK YOU i had repeated crashes with the vault runs hoperfully i won't now. your efforts are appreciated by at least somebody

edited for grammar and spelling

Edited by Girador

So the tessellation was the issue. Does this mean the map is being changed? I would like to re-enable tessellation at some point soon, given that the other maps work fine with it on.

Im pretty sure Tessellation only affects organic stuff in the derelicts. It's the main reason why performance goes down. The other maps make no use of it.