Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please bring back self damage

I just came back to Warframe after a few months off and the most annoying thing is "teammates" constantly spamming primary weapons with huge blinding particle effects in annoying and obtrusive energy colors.  I seem to get one at least every third mission.  In addition to killing half the squad every time they get nicked by a radiation proc it is just annoying.  Also using self damage weapons used to be fun because there was actually potential consequence to not aiming your shots or paying attention.  I know vocal members of the community who don't think that firing a rocket launcher at point blank should have a negative repercussion but this is honestly testing my suspension of disbelief in a game about space ninjas. 
Sidebar, I'm sure that I could adjust my display settings to lower the particle effects or something along those lines but they are cool and an enjoyable part of the game.  Just not when the jack@** running behind you is bombarding everything they can see with them as fast as they can left click.  

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Beer-The-Reaper said:

Also using self damage weapons used to be fun because there was actually potential consequence to not aiming your shots or paying attention.  I know vocal members of the community who don't think that firing a rocket launcher at point blank should have a negative repercussion but this is honestly testing my suspension of disbelief in a game about space ninjas. 

The Consequence of using Explosive Weapons now is still pretty bad... The Duration of a full knock down is extremely long... Trust me... nobody is Lining up to use The Lenz and Staticor just because it doesn't kill you anymore... But atleast we don't die... that was definitely needed change.

• Like 10

Just now, Beer-The-Reaper said:

Have your Tonkor, just shoot it at the mobs.

You've not played missions with dense enemy spawns (like ESO), have you? I shoot at enemies, but since there's so many, it'll detonate pretty close and blow me up with them.

• Like 4

Yeah I have, and I can respect you wanting to use those in that situation.  For me that's a reason to have other weapons.  Lots of mobs in your face, use a pistol or melee.  Have some breathing room, melt the piles with some well place grenade blasts.  IMO its a more rewarding and fun way to play.  Just my opinion.

• Like 2

Well, if you want non op weapons and lame weapons, Destiny 2 is the right game for you. Also, the stagger it's pretty bad by itself, no way I'm gonna want to revert to self damage tho.

Edited by SaiTatter
  • Like 5

The meta almost seems to be that we need one weapon to do everything... this is probably partially because of focus lenses... which is another issue but having different equipped weapons being good at different things is great for the diversity of the game.

I would dislike self damage, but only because of how Kulstar and Glaive are screwy to work with. Glaive has gotten better though. I just wish I didn't need to use Mirage to make Kulstar feel more like a carpet bomb weapon than a weak squirt of tiny explosives. With everything about the game in it's current state though, I could go either way. 

6 minutes ago, SaiTatter said:

It's just the way damage works in this game. I think they are working on the damage 2.0 or whatever it was called. I hope we'll see mandatory mods changed.

I thought they already did that a few weeks ago :O ?

Hmm good question. Not sure if that's what they were referring too. Aside melee mods, mandatories for primaries/secondaries remains unchanged. I still agree, they should buff old weapons, because newer weapons just wipe with them, more damage, more aoe, more everything.

The issue with self damage has always been the insane amount of self damage it did. Essentially one shotting yourself every single time if a squad member walked infront of you. Cautious Shot didn't even prevent that in most cases.

I'm pretty sure they'll nerf certain weapons in a few months once they see the usage percentages though, like they did with the Catchmoon.

People who say the knockdown is a great downside apparently forget that there are things like mods and straight up abilities that make you status/knockdown immune and since knockdown counts as status effect this downside can be easily mitigatet or negated.

Some weapons are stupid strong right now if paired with the above, that's right, but self damage (the way it was anyways) needed to go.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem
  • Like 3

Self damage doesnt need to come back but nerfs should happen to a certain weapon. That weapon would clearly be Bramma. And similarly to the old Rhino + Boltor combo I see literally nothing but Wukong + Brammas. So clearly nerf Bramma. We dont need a Wukong coming in with a Bramma deal maximum damage to like 20-30 enemies and see his damage % through the roof in progress and think he helped the team that all got 500+ kills.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Beer-The-Reaper:

Don't disagree with that, potentially making self inflected knock down bypass resistances or capping self damage at 50% of health.  Although based on the sample in this thread any reintroduction of self damage would be wildly unpopular.  

I was always in the camp of capping self damage at 20-25% of your max health personally before it was changed, but oh well. We have what we have now. Not a fan of the bypass idea since I wouldn't use any of the weapons anymore which would be like in the old self damage days for me.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

49 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

No. Tonkor is back to being fun again. I'd rather Bramma get nerfed, cause watching the forums melt will be amazing, but don't take away my Tonkor.

You can use tonkor, but you cant use staticor, opticor, shedu and many more

Worth it KEKW

2 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

You've not played missions with dense enemy spawns (like ESO), have you? I shoot at enemies, but since there's so many, it'll detonate pretty close and blow me up with them.

You've not attempted creating distance in dense enemy spawn missions have you?