Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to synthesize a Simaris target without taking damage nor using abilities?

Andikki

Question

How are we intended to complete a riven challenge that requires to synthesize a Simaris target without taking damage, using traps or using abilities?

I know that the game doesn't begin tracking the challenge before Simaris pops up with his message at the start of the mission, and this allows to cast Rhino's Iron Skin once and do it, but that seems to be an oversight rather than the intended solution, How are we "legitimately" supposed to do it?

zSy0GNY.png

9 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Andikki said:

and this allows to cast Rhino's Iron Skin once and do it,

Ivara's Prowl is a nice option too.

If you wanna do it legitimately tho, you're in for a pretty annoying time. The worst part about this challenge is the "no damage" part. Even an explosive barrel will fail the challenge, and good luck avoiding every single hitscan weapon damage and barely visible AoE effects (like, certain Eximus' auras).

I think you can:

- Take a stealth approach to the mission.

- Use your operator. Transferring in or out counts as an ability, for some reason, so use your operator as soon as you load in and use energy pads or void dash through groups of enemies to maintain void mode. Dash through the target to CC it and give you time to scan it.

- Abuse melee ground slams to scan the target.

- Use non-ability effects to make things easier (Parazon mods, Arcanes, Warframe and weapon passives, Mod sets' effects (there's one set that can put enemies to sleep))

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum
  • Like 1

Best trick High Armor and Power Strength for Rhino's Iron skin 10k. Cast at beginning of mission. Bring your Penta with the Tether Grenade mod, no damage needed, also if you have one of the Aero mod sets you can make them go to sleep max 9 seconds. Good luck tenno

• Like 2

Here's another trick, Do a bullet jump while directly next to them. That will knock them down with minor damage, so you can use the stun time to scan them.

There's also the Jumpkick, which is crouching while in the air with a direction.

Edited by Teliko_Freedman
Autocorrect became autowrong
  • Like 1

On 2020-05-02 at 10:49 PM, Marine027 said:

You can use abilitys always, just not near the target.

Ooooh, damn, that changes everything. I thought I failed a challenge by casting before, but maybe I was too close to the target.

Thank you!

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XB1)ZDragonLord X:

I had a friend synth the target while I stayed at spawn. Got the rep and credit for doing nothing. XD

Can't promise repeated success though...

got to say.. that is what i was thinking about. It doesnt say that you have to do it solo (just like the "dont get seen" things... just join a mission where you have to clear anything while having a scan target for the enemys that spawn there