Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream: 142 Overview

24 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

mhm thats nice to know but has no actual bearing for me ,  hope you catchup on your devstream videos also 

I'm just saying, when the devs put out the official 141 in a few months, you'll have been expecting "but wait, wasn't this 152?"

But either way, thanks for letting me know I missed 140

3 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Nothing to look forward to except for Ash Deluxe ? Great !

And I hate to be the one to point out the elephant in the room but... Why isn't New War on the road map ? 😅

The Pandemic. 

DE is on a halt to be honest. They have to be on their work space but you know how it goes. 

6 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Nothing to look forward to except for Ash Deluxe ? Great !

And I hate to be the one to point out the elephant in the room but... Why isn't New War on the road map ? 😅

They've said that New War isn't a single event anymore. More than once. This is straight-up old news.

In other words, if it's not a singular thing, then it can't really be put on the roadmap as a singular thing. Especially since it's already started - both Erra and Scarlet Spear were parts of it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

They've said that New War isn't a single event anymore. More than once. This is straight-up old news.

In other words, if it's not a singular thing, then it can't really be put on the roadmap as a singular thing. Especially since it's already started - both Erra and Scarlet Spear were parts of it.

New War is an upcoming quest though. They've clarified that as well. Scarlet Spear is just the lead up. I think when they say the New War is not a singular thing, I think its more in reference the games progression, like its not going to be a one-off quest where we kill the Sentients and Ballas and go back to our monotonous killing spree of Grineer and Corpus..

24 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

New War is an upcoming quest though. They've clarified that as well. Scarlet Spear is just the lead up. I think when they say the New War is not a singular thing, I think its more in reference the games progression, like its not going to be a one-off quest where we kill the Sentients and Ballas and go back to our monotonous killing spree of Grineer and Corpus..

When The New War was first announced, Digital Extremes expected it to take the form of one of Warframe’s 'cinematic quests' that have slowly been added to the shooter over time to flesh out its world and characters. Typically, a cinematic quest can be finished in a few hours or days, but as Digital Extremes chief operating officer Sheldon Carter tells me, the team quickly realised the story they wanted to tell was just too big. 

"The way we look at it now is that this entire year we’re launching the war," Carter explains. "It’s not like the way we released Fortuna or the Plains of Eidolon where it’s like, boom, here’s all the content right away. This is us being as much of a 'live game' as we can be where over this next month, you’re going to start building a ship while we give you the backstory behind that, and then we’re going to start launching that first offensive. And as the war progresses—as things get more and more intense—the technology will change and ideas will change. We really want Empyrean to be the start of a whole new way to play Warframe, but also a whole new way of how we’re going to roll out content." The result, Carter hopes, is a story that naturally evolves over time throughout most of 2020, with the stakes getting higher as more is discovered about Natah and her Sentient family. What that actually means is anyone’s guess—and I’m not even sure Digital Extremes has a concrete plan either. 

This is also why the roadmaps are just for a month or so ahead now as well, as opposed to 2019's infamous whiteboard.

It's from this article, although it had been mentioned before then:https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/how-warframes-most-ambitious-update-ever-is-launched-a-new-era-of-unprecedented-conflict/

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

-snip-

This doesn't necessarily mean what I said was incorrect. We're still going to have cinematic quests, those will never be going away, its just that they've now expanded their method of storytelling so instead of waiting a year a piece for a quest that can be completed in a hour, we're taking part in the story as it unfolds. But we still have the now traditional cinematic quests as well.

24 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

This doesn't necessarily mean what I said was incorrect. We're still going to have cinematic quests, those will never be going away, its just that they've now expanded their method of storytelling so instead of waiting a year a piece for a quest that can be completed in a hour, we're taking part in the story as it unfolds. But we still have the now traditional cinematic quests as well.

True, but according to what DE has said, the New War isn't a part of that.

I don't want to say this but right now War Frame is on a total halt. Even thinking about War Frame makes me say meh. The excitement is not there anymore other than the same activities what we are familiar with. No this tiny game is not bad, it tried and with few assets the game arrived at seven years of life more than any other game. I'm glad that it traveled long but I don't feel more enthusiasm for it other than a big pile of meh. 

Yes, even when I stick to the War Frames I'm just not into it anymore. The same levels, the same tile sets, the same grinds and the old gibberish of mods, builds and pageant accessory  routines. The game is not losing steam or gaining either. I think that the life behind it requires a bigger infrastructure to keep it going. I'm not saying that such game is bad. But all that energy of discovery are just pending. 

On 2020-05-08 at 10:02 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

-more railjack content/gamemodes 

Yes please. Also AI/NPC crew please. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Star Chart hardmode

Very yes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Khora 

Urgh. Okay. ( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)

On 2020-05-09 at 8:34 AM, Aldain said:

I mean yeah.

But at the same time it just depresses me that people here are going to use hard mode for "casual" bashing rather than the intended purpose.

It has the potential to replay star chart from zero to complete again. Right now there is no point in doing Earth or Venus missions at all, they are just too easy. When hard mode is delivered i personally would love to go through starchart again.

4 hours ago, White_Matter said:

My guess is because railjack has to be in a good shape for New War to work as intended.

Edited by 32768

17 hours ago, Loza03 said:

We all know that is a cop out but let me rephrase it then.

Where are the other phases of New War, including the Cinematic Quest we were supposed to get in december ? Not anywhere near  in the foreseeable future I guess. 

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

Where are the other phases of New War, including the Cinematic Quest we were supposed to get in december ? Not anywhere near  in the foreseeable future I guess. 

Probably divided into mini-cinematic videos

2 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

We all know that is a cop out but let me rephrase it then.

There is no cinematic quest anymore. They have explicitly said this much. They have changed their plans.

They've also said in the article I linked that they're only doing roadmaps for at most what's immediately available down the line, having not liked where 2019 went with its own roadmap, so that's another reason - the next New War segment is not coming out today or being a major component of Deadlock. But also consider that the first part of the New War (Erra) came with Empyrean with no advertisement whatsoever.

In other words, don't expect  to see TNW on any roadmaps unless it is the main focus of the next update.

Loza, seems like we posted at the same time! I'd like to modify my above statement.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

There is no cinematic quest anymore. They have explicitly said this much. They have changed their plans.

Well, that is super disappointing 😩

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Well that would be super disappointing 😞

Depends on what happens around those mini-cinematics, IMO.

Erra? Pretty cool. Whilst the timegating got annoying eventually, it was a pretty nice way to hide it and ramp up tension that something was happening.

Scarlet Spear? "Hey, new cutscene, take it or leave it, it has nothing to do with the event."

Just now, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Loza, seems like we posted at the same time! I'd like to modify my above statement.

Well, that is super disappointing 😩

And now I have to edit mine XD.

Again, it would be, but it kind of depends. What makes the Cinematic quests interesting is the story. So long as tidbits are released in interesting ways, I'm honestly all for it, and quite frankly, they're 50/50 right now on that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

And now I have to edit mine XD.

Again, it would be, but it kind of depends. What makes the Cinematic quests interesting is the story. So long as tidbits are released in interesting ways, I'm honestly all for it, and quite frankly, they're 50/50 right now on that.

Sorry 😅

Yes, the mini cinematics are interesting, I just don't feel included, and I miss that. Quests are involving the players, make them feel they're part of the story, and that just creates a whole new meaning to the story on an emotional level. All the cinematic quests are written in such a genius way, every one of them caused a real rush of emotions while I played. So the cinematics are cool, interesting lore-wise, but that's about it. I so hoped for a quest, it has been such a long time since the last one.

21 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

They've also said in the article I linked that they're only doing roadmaps for at most what's immediately available down the line, having not liked where 2019 went with its own roadmap, so that's another reason - the next New War segment is not coming out today or being a major component of Deadlock. But also consider that the first part of the New War (Erra) came with Empyrean with no advertisement whatsoever.

In other words, don't expect  to see TNW on any roadmaps unless it is the main focus of the next update.

My only hope is that they'll reveal something on Tennocon, some big plans for the Fall. Otherwise it is pretty much another lost year for warframe.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Sorry 😅

Yes, the mini cinematics are interesting, I just don't feel included, and I miss that. Quests are involving the players, make them feel they're part of the story, and that just creates a whole new meaning to the story on an emotional level. All the cinematic quests are written in such a genius way, every one of them caused a real rush of emotions while I played. So the cinematics are cool, interesting lore-wise, but that's about it. I so hoped for a quest, it has been such a long time since the last one.

Well, Apostasy, Chimera and Erra at least still included us, and they weren't just cinematics, they had gameplay as well. Honestly, it's the most recent one (which... I can't for the life of me remember the name) that's disappointing for me. DE have indicated that they're capable of this kind of 'quest' design in the past.

I'm sure that as things move on, we'll get something more familiar. Like I said, the way that Erra itself was presented was a really fun and interesting event in my opinion, keeping it a real secret for much of Empyrean's early launch. And I'm not going to lie, Ropalolyst's lore dump caught me completely off-guard. I'm personally hoping for more Revenant-level mini-quests as time goes on though. Quests that aren't necessarily sectioned off as such, and not as long, but nevertheless use that framework. If we assume that they're taking what was the cinematic quest, and sectioning it out through the various expansions to the New War, presumably at some point there'll be some real gameplay sections to it that we just have to stumble across to access. 

Just now, White_Matter said:

My only hope is that they'll reveal something on Tennocon, some big plans for the Fall. Otherwise it is pretty much another lost year for warframe.

I'm honestly more worried for what they'll reveal at Tennocon.

According to that Leyou report, Empyrean (and Fortuna) was a big time and effort sink, and it's likely the whole thing was straight-up development hell for DE if we consider that the core gameplay underwent multiple revisions. That's honestly a much more likely candidate for a 'root cause' for any lost years - dividing their attention for something eating away in the background. Whatever they reveal at Tennocon could wind up doing the same thing if it's a big plan.

I honestly feel like a slightly less ambitious year without some big new thing would make this year a lot less lost than 2018 or 19. They've DONE that, it didn't work. They've got Empyrean, they've got the canvas they need to make some great new content. They just need to sit down and do it, instead of getting lost in another new big project.