Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do I do if Nora detects Cephalite Resonance?

MetalGrayFox

Question

Loaded a couple missions since the update where Nora says she has detected this resonance, but I don't see anything (I am running Cassini for a larvling). What are we meant to do to obtain this resource?

EDIT: Thanks all, it seems it's just a little inconsistent atm, will lure enemies to their glass doom soon 🙂

Edited by MetalGrayFox
Answered
  • Like 3

Alright, I read through most of this forum page and will consolidate the info into one post here, plus some personal experience. Here goes:

In any mission, there is a chance that a weird blue orb will spawn, though it seems to have some sway towards a more common spawn in open world scenarios (personal speculation is that it needs a certain amount of non-alerted enemies in a group, outside of the player's view, to spawn). The spawning of the orb will be matched with Nora saying a voice line about it's presence (And from my experience, it also seems she has some voice lines to indicate an orb disappearing or something, would need more info on that), which means you have to go look for it. Once the orb is found, either kill the glassed enemies nearby it or get enemies to get close enough for the orb to glass them. To kill them you must target their crystal weak point, which basically is  a cropping of crystals on them, pretty easy to see thanks to the monochrome glass coating enemies get in this state. I see a lot of people saying that void damage is needed, but it is not. The use of void blast may simply hit the crystals, since from my experience piercing shots work to get them. Guessing that, at least for now, the crystal counts as its own entity attached to the model, and not necessarily like a piece of it. After that, the enemy will either lose the armor and you can kill it, or it will go into frozen state like a synthesis target (That second half is my experience, may require some compounding). You will then get some Glassmaker points and a cephalite resonance.

To finish this info pile, a small suggestion from me on farming it: The Orb Vallis seems like a good place to farm it (A lot of people are going there currently, your choice in the end). It is A) Not randomly generated, which goes into B) The enemies are in set spots. If my little theory is correct (Which it must partly since, if an orb can spawn anywhere, that would make getting the resonance WAY to rng based), then knowing where your little crystal farms are helps. C) Being in the open world zones helps to find them. Get on an archwing or high place, and you should easily see the orb after it spawns, since it renders at about the same distance enemies do (Again, needs compounding). The real choice of your open world you want is up to you, both have upsides and downside fundamentally, visually, etc. Pick your poison.

(Final bit, if any knowledge is found en mass that goes against what I am saying, do qoute the wrong bit and post the right info. We all need to know how this little mechanic works okbye)

• Like 3

... Do you guys remember those Saturn Six prisoners equipped with Karaks?

... What about those Zealots equpped with Viral Torids?

Remember how those actually happened?

Spoiler

What do those have in common with Cephalites?

What we know so far:
- You need 10 cephalite to start a try
- You get cephalite form random "glass fissures" in missions
- The fissures don't spawn enemies you need to lure them in
- It isn't marked, please mark it with a waypoint for the other players
- Enemies converted need to be killed/stripped by the operator
- Affected by Ressource Drop Chance Booster and enhancing Warframes (Nekros/Hydroid/Khora; Up to eight drops per fissure)
- Clues are different for everybody, you need to figure out your own riddle. -> the solution are the objectes found at the crime scene
- You have 60 seconds for solving everything.
- There are 5 Questions and you need to make it to the sixth platform
- Don't fall off.
- DO NOT REPLAY YOU DO NOT GET ANYTHING, YOU WILL LOSE 10 CEPHALITE (make a screenshot of the last part you may need or not need it)
- If you finish part 1 you'll get 7000 additional Nightwave standing

Edited by -IrishJ-
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, -IrishJ- said:

What we know so far:

- Don't fall off.

finally got 10 cephalite and promptly fell off. no worries i though. nowhere  in warframe is falling off platform punished. not a big deal. Booted out.  gg DE

7 hours ago, -IrishJ- said:

What we know so far:
- Affected by Ressource Drop Chance Booster and enhancing Warframes (Nekros/Hydroid/Khora; Up to eight drops per fissure)
- Clues are different for everybody, you need to figure out your own riddle. -> the solution are the objectes found at the crime scene
- Don't fall off.
- DO NOT REPLAY YOU DO NOT GET ANYTHING, YOU WILL LOSE 10 CEPHALITE (make a screenshot of the last part you may need or not need it)

Can we use Warframes' abilities in this thing ?

13 hours ago, xXx_D0MINAT0R_xXx said:

Step one Load up the mission 

Step two wait for nora to tell your about that thing

Step three find it looks like this  https://imgur.com/a/MIqmkdv

Step four lure an enemy into it and wait until they get glassed and yeet em 

There is no need to lure them, 

Just upload a mission, it wil appear like fissure but blue in color, upto 5 enemies will be glassed. The drop however is not 100%, i have got 5/5 and 1/5 also so...

To kill there are glass shards on their body, up to 3 shards, take out the shards with weapon then whole body becomes vulnerable , shoot it get back if in squishy frame as the explode with a little bit of damage..

23 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Can we use Warframes' abilities in this thing ?

nothing to do with operator, just normal weapon hits are fine, i uploaded the same on youtube, check it out if u want. 

no need to lure them , i never did and every mission i get 5/5 down however feels time gated

8 hours ago, -IrishJ- said:

What we know so far:
- Don't fall off.

The fissures don't spawn enemies you need to lure them in  -  didnt lure any in , got 5 /5 every mission. dont know if there is a max cap on that but feels 5 is max.

Enemies converted need to be killed/stripped by the operator - No, just any damage directly to the glass shards is fine. uploaded same on youtube.

Affected by Ressource Drop Chance Booster and enhancing Warframes (Nekros/Hydroid/Khora; Up to eight drops per fissure) -- doesnt get effected by resources boosters though, is there a video of this , i have got maximum 5  untill now.

You have 60 seconds for solving everything. -  its useful to remember the symbols and names, mostly u have to choose those,  If u fall off the order of the questions will change.

Y'all need to stop running from the start to the end like the game is a race all the time.

After Nora detects cephalite just hang around a little and the glassmen will come. They have bunches of shards clumped together on their bodies and killing them gives additional nightwave standing.

18 hours ago, MetalGrayFox said:

Loaded a couple missions since the update where Nora says she has detected this resonance, but I don't see anything (I am running Cassini for a larvling). What are we meant to do to obtain this resource?

EDIT: Thanks all, it seems it's just a little inconsistent atm, will lure enemies to their glass doom soon 🙂

When she starts hollering, start looking around for the glowy orb, and smack enemies. It's extremely random where/when they spawn.

18 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

Damn, it was going so good

Why in the name of Konzu's earliest lunch those fragments couldn't be got by solving puzzles in the first person mode 😞 ???

If you don't want to do them you can watch solutions, or DE could have add a RNG aspect to it so that you can only know the method beforehand ...

OMG

i farmed for 2 hours those damn fragments on railjack

got them

wrote down the things where to go

and i think i fell off the platform becuse the collider glitched OUT !!!!

not i have to farm it all over again ... what the hek

no no .... i'd rather go back to work than doing this

angry magic the gathering GIF

• Like 1

If you get Nora's announcement, check the area for a sound similar to Void Fissures, but it's more "glassy" or "crystalline". it dissappears after a while.

You know you found that, when killed enemies shatter into glass shards, as the "turned" enemies remain.

these void fissure things sometimes show up and nora mentions that they are there, after that you should see an enemy around the void fissure that looks like it has glass/crystal on it, you can only kill them if you shoot the crystal/glass. any other part on them doesnt take damage

Edited by Geesece

So, last night, some associates and I did some testing on various aspects of the Glassmaker Resonance Fissures, or whatever they are. Three runs, plus the runs I did alone today, and this is the whole of the info gathered.

- The spawning of the fissure is not dependent on render distances, enemy counts, or where the player is

-The fissure follows the players if there are no enemies nearby to be glassed

-Any attack can break the crystal armor. Assuming the void damage required myth was started by people using void blast, meeting the previously stated criteria. Further void damage testing is required however to meet a full conclusion on that topic

-The fissure will make five glassed enemies before permanently leaving, though this does apply with the secondary statement. Keep track of enemies and count the number of glassed enemies you killed

-Resonance drop rate is not 100%, though it seems to be decently high

-The fissure does not have enemy preference, affecting both corpus and grineer the same. Testing required on infested

-Only one fissure spawns per mission/over world instance

This is what the current amount of testing has yielded, more will be done and I will add it in when it is complete

Edited by BladeOfPersephone
  • Like 1

I'm late to answering this, but when she says the alert there should be a blue void fissure type thing somewhere. Enemies that are exposed to it get glass shards growing from them. You have to destroy the glass then kill the enemy. And you'll want to get away from them fairly quick afterwards, they have a habit of exploding.

3 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

OMG

i farmed for 2 hours those damn fragments on railjack

got them

wrote down the things where to go

and i think i fell off the platform becuse the collider glitched OUT !!!!

not i have to farm it all over again ... what the hek

no no .... i'd rather go back to work than doing this

angry magic the gathering GIF

Ok finally did it

i switched to mot void survival, with hydroid so much more fun ❤️

[Speculation] So we got a sorta Vigilante  on our hands ... maybe he will inevitably make a mistake because of his anger, vengeful for a wrongdoing committed to him,

looks food, good job, very unique 😄

i suggested it before doing it butYou already randomized the puzzles for every tenno, forces the tenno to AT LEAST grab a piece of paper xD

The best would be if future crime scenes had a puzzle even to find the clues.

So afaik, these enemies appear randomly in any mission, even free roaming in orb valis (haven't tested it in ostron) and murmur missions, haven't seen them in relic missions yet.

They appear just like void fissures but instead of yellow the light is white, enemies have a glass thingy in a part of their body you have to shoot before you can kill them, after killing them there's a high chance they drop c resonance, i think only twice it didn't drop for me out of 10 kills.

Ps4 player, hope this helped you

10 hours ago, 98Octane said:

There is no need to lure them, 

Just upload a mission, it wil appear like fissure but blue in color, upto 5 enemies will be glassed. The drop however is not 100%, i have got 5/5 and 1/5 also so...

To kill there are glass shards on their body, up to 3 shards, take out the shards with weapon then whole body becomes vulnerable , shoot it get back if in squishy frame as the explode with a little bit of damage..

Yeah i noticed that forgot to update meh