Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noob Question: What to do?

matuharry1

Question

Hi guys, i'm new at this game (100 hours, 55 in this account).

I am MR6, i have Rhino with a decent build and a Hek with a rlly S#&$ty build (with wich i feel very uncomfortable, 2 shots to kill an enemy and 2 secs to reload), and i am at Sedna. I am just rushing every mission with my Broken War (rlly op), but i just stopped rushing bc there are 40+ lvl enemies, and i can't just survive 5 minutes. What should i do? I'm trying to get mods, for my hek (like scattered justice and blaze, which are very difficult to get) and also for my boltor, but i have no luck. In my last 15 hours playing, i just got Hell's Chamber. So:

Should i keep farming mods, or should i try to complete every node that i can, and then start farming?

10 answers to this question

I'd suggest trying out different equipment.  Warframe is very much a game about trying out as many different 'Frames and weapons as possible.  If you're looking for a tank, I'd suggest Inaros, but you should also find a clan to join, as that will give you access to Wukong, which will functionally be "easy-mode" for just about everything in the game. 

I'd also like a look at you're rhino build, He isn't the best 'frame for solo play, but he should at least be able to handle level 40 if you build and play him right.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, matuharry1 said:

I'm trying to get mods

You can check the Wiki for drop locations, and so much more:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

25 minutes ago, matuharry1 said:

Should i keep farming mods

Sure, along with maybe spending a Forma or two to fit more / higher-ranked versions of those Mods in your gear.

Why rush through content you're not really comfortable handling right now, feel free to take your time 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, matuharry1 said:

Should i keep farming mods, or should i try to complete every node that i can, and then start farming?

It also depends on what you're farming. If the mod you want to get drops with a 0.05% chance from a corrupted ancient, or with a similarly ridiculous chance, I'd just forget it or buy it from another player.

You can try other frames, but Rhino is famous for his tankiness. You say you have a decent build, but are your mods levelled? Do you have an Orokin reactor installed on him, or any forma? Are you using his abilities? Getting a powerful primary would be nice too, enemies can't hurt you so much if you don't let them come close to you. The Hek is said to be a good beginner shotgun, so maybe you just need to mod it differently, but maybe shotguns just aren't your cup of tea. I think at Sedna you should have fire rate/reload speed mods, you can try how it feels with those equipped. You also should have Serration and your brand new Hell's Chamber on it, along with some elemental mods your current enemy faction is weak against. 

9 hours ago, matuharry1 said:

I am MR6, i have Rhino with a decent build and a Hek with a rlly S#&$ty build (with wich i feel very uncomfortable, 2 shots to kill an enemy and 2 secs to reload), and i am at Sedna. I am just rushing every mission with my Broken War (rlly op), but i just stopped rushing bc there are 40+ lvl enemies, and i can't just survive 5 minutes. What should i do? I'm trying to get mods, for my hek (like scattered justice and blaze, which are very difficult to get) and also for my boltor, but i have no luck. In my last 15 hours playing, i just got Hell's Chamber. So:

I used Hek a lot when doing my first round of starchart. If you are on PC, hit me up sometime, I could get you the +multishot syndicate mod for Hek. Potatoed and Formad it can be very decent,  even without the Primed mods.

The concept of progression is 100% different than every other game out there that I have played myself. I thought by using the same weapon and frame I would just progressively climb the ladder of success. Here Warframe took the approach, to implementing farming resources and materials in order to craft weapons and frames resulting in progression to use more capable weapons. Your builds with mods are more important than your MR ranking. I was at 200 hours before I started researching how to play Warframe and learning how to trade.

I wish there was an in game link to websites that would help players progress in learning and trading.

Trading: https://warframe.market/

Extra link: https://hub.warframestat.us/#/

There are many other websites but you will have to do your research on what you need.

If you complete all nodes, this will unlock a mode called "Arbatration." This mode will help you be able to accelerate your mod ranking progression with ayatan statues.

Edited by kwlingo

Pick up Iron Charge for that Rhino, and boost your Iron Skin like crazy. You should also be modding your weapons for elemental damage; Heat/Viral (Toxin+Cold) does very well against high armored enemies.

Keep working towards unlocking all the Junctions for the maps. Also, you should REALLY REALLY REALLY pick up Adaptation if possible. It is insanely awesome for negating damage.

13 hours ago, matuharry1 said:

Scattered justice you have to farm via syndicates, which will require some relic cracking and standing farm. If I were you I'd join a clan, and farm up new weapons/frames through clan dojo. Also I'd ask around for beginner mod sets, most people have a ton of beginner mods that are just stacking up in their inventories and are nice enough to give them away for free if you ask nicely. I spent nearly two months on the same stupid part of the star chart before I got over it and just begged for help, someone gave me a multishot mod and I finished the rest of the game in like a week. 

The next thing you need to do for a massive power up is find the corrupted mods. These are done by doing vault runs with the dragon keys that you have to manufacture. They will give you a HUGE damage/utilities boost: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Corrupted_Mods

During this time you want to be cracking open relics and selling garbage and building up ducats, and every two weeks when baro ki'teer comes you want to get all the primed variants of every damage mod you can find (ones that give +damage, +crit chance/damage) and some other primed mods that are extremely useful, i.e. flow, continuity, and reach. 

There are other progression paths than barreling through Sedna. The final few missions in the Void are really difficult if you're already struggling.

My personal recommendation is to revisit Fortuna and Cetus and get some mods from bounties. They're pretty powerful and not hard to get. Make sure you fuse your Mods as high as possible, and never forget to use Orokin Reactors and Catalysts to double the strength of your Frame and weapons.

There are lots of good suggestions in this thread, but I'll add the one that has done me the most good when I've been in your shoes: go to YouTube and watch Brozime's videos.  He's got videos that will teach you all the stuff that is initially unintuitive about this game, like how to mod weapons so they're one-shotting high-level enemies, how to mod your Warframes so they can survive against those same tough enemies, and tricks about playing certain Warframes to get the most out of them.  Then after the videos give you something to work towards, you can go to the Warframe wiki to find out where to get any mods, resources, etc.

I'll post 2 of Brozime's videos below that I think might be helpful: his introduction to modding video and his basic Rhino/Hek video (which seems right down your alley).  Note that the latter video is aimed at players who may not have a ton of mods; if you want more advanced builds to shoot for later on, he's got many other Rhino videos on his channel.

Good luck and hope this helps!