Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus after all skills are maxed?

(PSN)Kakurine2

So my main account has maxed every focus tree. All focus i gain now is just piling up.

Is there a use for it i don't know about?

Perhaps we could convert it to endo/kuva? Or use it like nw badges to exchange at a vendor?

Maybe it'll be usable come the duviri paradox? Thoughts?

• Like 4

There is no use for it and probably never will be unless they do a focus 3.0 system... but even then they probably still won't do anything with it even when they did Focus 2.0 they actually decreased the costs to make it more accessible.

• Like 1

My prediction is focus points are doomed to the fate of nano spores and other tier 1 resources, because whatever DE would come up with the usage of it, a lot of players could just fill it with excess millions of focus in each school.

In focus 3.0 you will probably have to farm new lens with new resources to craft to gain new focus for the new focus branches/schools. I'm not happy with this system, but this is what you they are. I still pick up that yellow garbage of void though, maybe that's hope controlling me.

• Like 1

Would like to have some use for it.

With Madurai focus maxed and others being more or less close to maxing, i'm just using the excess focus to increase my pool for no reason at all at this point.

I see little reason to install focus lenses and use lensed weapons for passive focus gains if there's no benefit at all beyond having all focus maxed.

All it does at that point is to distract you from the objective with the focus orbs.

Maybe maxing a focus school should have the added benefit of not spawning the orbs anymore as long as all equipped lenses are of a maxed focus school, but still gaining the same amount you would have if you picked up and orb?

What if focus could be turned into something valuable through a vendor, like Teshin?

Or just let it remain as one of the less mundane resources, but still have an use beyond the focus schools.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

So my main account has maxed every focus tree. All focus i gain now is just piling up.

A while back they asked the design council for ideas on new nodes for all the schools.  Whether they will or won't follow through on that is anyone's guess.  I kind of think the odds are slim, but it would be nice if they expanded on what is already there.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

A while back they asked the design council for ideas on new nodes for all the schools.  Whether they will or won't follow through on that is anyone's guess.  I kind of think the odds are slim, but it would be nice if they expanded on what is already there.

When it comes to the operaters and the trees i hope the duviri paradox will result in the tenno getting a power up.  New skills, abilities, weapons, etc.  As well as a overhaul of the creator to have proper sliders/body morphing. An age slider. New hair/outfits.

But if that's what happens i doubt they will let us use the stockpiled focus. 

Maybe they'll reset it and leave the trees we maxed out alone.  With new trees and currency for the aged tenno in the paradox. 

But considering the points are just sitting i don't see why we couldn't exchange them for stuff.

Like 1k focus can convert to 500 kuva/endo.  Or 2k focus for 10 nw badges. Those are just me spitballing

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 1

I’m curious, what was done to fill up all of the focus trees? 🤔 

I’m nearly 450 - 500 hours after gaining access to focus, and I’ve only got like three Unairu nodes unlocked and a little upgraded. Was there some sort of extreme dedicated effort to gaining focus (if so, not terribly interested), or am I doing something wrong as I just play?

Hmm. I don’t have any Lua lenses, so that would probably figure

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m nearly 450 - 500 hours after gaining access to focus, and I’ve only got like three Unairu nodes unlocked and a little upgraded. Was there some sort of extreme dedicated effort to gaining focus, or am I doing something wrong as I just play?

u can max all focus in 2 months it just eidolons

Edited by (NSW)Katsuro

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m nearly 450 - 500 hours after gaining access to focus, and I’ve only got like three Unairu nodes unlocked and a little upgraded. Was there some sort of extreme dedicated effort to gaining focus (if so, not terribly interested), or am I doing something wrong as I just play?

Eidolons are the best focus farm in the game.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m nearly 450 - 500 hours after gaining access to focus, and I’ve only got like three Unairu nodes unlocked and a little upgraded. Was there some sort of extreme dedicated effort to gaining focus, or am I doing something wrong as I just play?

Over years of just regular play.  I took 2 frames and weapons i like and put the best lenses i could on them. Made lists to min/max my focus gains well playing.

At first i just got each trees most important talents. Hp, rmor, movrment, regen, etc. Then just slowly max out each tree with my sets written down.

Not sure ehat my t otal time played is atm.

I think I'm sitting on a few million extra focus just sitting with no use.

I tend to just casually play a few hrs a day despite having just about everything in the game grinded out.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Over years of just regular play.  I took 2 frames and weapons i like and put the best lenses i could on them. Made lists to min/max my focus gains well playing.

At first i just got each trees most important talents. Hp, rmor, movrment, regen, etc. Then just slowly max out each tree with my sets written down.

Not sure ehat my t otal time played is atm.

I think I'm sitting on a few million extra focus just sitting with no use.

I tend to just casually play a few hrs a day despite having just about everything in the game grinded out.

Cool, thanks for sharing your perspective.

Hrm, this might answer my previous question, though more as a rough estimation

edit: Also, sorry for the digression 😅 I got probably one more response post along this derailment then I’ll jump back out

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Thanks @(NSW)Katsuro and @(PS4)Navalhabr for the info.

What if I’m just playing normally, without farming? Assuming I have Lua lenses equipped, I’m wondering what I’m looking at in terms of rough average time to max out at least one school

There is a daily CAP in focus farming (mine is something around 300k)

Even without a lua lens, you will get stuck by that.

The Eidolon's special shards (you need to capture the Eidolons) will give you 25.000 (brilhant shard) and 40.000 (radiant shard) of reputations that will not count as your daily cap.

Free infinite focus!

To WAY-BOUNT your passives, you will need the Brilhant shard anyway: 1.000.000 of focus + 1 Eidolon Brilhant Shard

I didn't spam ediolons though. Just casual play and lenses over time.

I really only killed ediolons enough for quil rep and to get what i needed for amps.

Defense and survival missions are ideal when farming focus i found.

And most of the focus gains happened before lua lenses existed.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

13 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

What if I’m just playing normally, without farming? Assuming I have Lua lenses equipped, I’m wondering what I’m looking at in terms of rough average time to max out at least one school

A long time, but it's really hard to give you any sort of estimate because in game activities vary so greatly in affinity.  If you spend three hrs a day running a capture mission that's a very different thing than spending that same amount of time in a survival.  And then you layer on top of the affinity system the convergence orb mechanic which makes brief windows of time matter WAY more than the rest.  Did you earning affinity line up with an orb?  If not, too bad for you.

Each of the schools require different amounts to max.  Zenurik for example is one of the more expensive ones at 5.2 million focus points (not counting unbinding the waybounds).  Then you need capacity and that gets super expensive... 12.1 million points total to get the biggest tree and all of the waybounds.  Even without the waybounds you are probably looking in the ball park of 5 million points to buy cap. 

So 10 million focus points is your goal.  A lua lens converts 3.25% of affinity to focus and an orb makes that 8x (26%).  To end up at 10M focus you need about 38M affinity earned during an orb funneled through a lua lens.

This is why people resort to farming game play.  Any activity that lets you burst super high amounts of affinity during the orb window.  I farmed mine using stealth exterminates.  Other people prefer ESO.  Others still the eidolons shards since that doesn't depend on affinity at all.  The how you do it isn't really the point.  The point is you need to do something, anything to farm focus because regular game play is not viable.  In my opinion of course.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

But if that's what happens i doubt they will let us use the stockpiled focus. 

But considering the points are just sitting i don't see why we couldn't exchange them for stuff.

Stockpiled focus I don't think they would take away or not let you use.  The community backlash on that would be swift and full of rage.  We also have a comparable thing in the game with intrinsics.  Maxed players were stocking up on that so they could get the command tree done when ever it came out.  DE didn't like that so that capped gain for maxed, but they did let people keep what they already had.  They have not capped focus gain in that same way.  Even if they did I'd expect them to leave stockpiles along again.

I have no problem with DE making focus points a currency.  They just have to be careful with what it exchanges for.  A non-maxed player shouldn't be in a position where they'd rather spend their focus to buy something instead of increasing a school since increasing the schools is the purpose of focus.

You also would have to play chicken so to speak with the possibility to needing the focus points.  Do you spend them now or bank them for later?  Don't know if you remember when the void trader was added to the game.  People went crazy selling stockpiles of prime parts for ducats.  And then bam the prime vault became a thing.  What, I can't farm frost anymore!!  Many a player wished they hadn't sold all those sets for ducats.  I, for one, kept most of my stuff and made bank selling vaulted sets.

This latter is not a reason to not make focus a currency.  It's just an interesting tension if they did such a thing.

Looking at my profile stats on ps4.

The account has 1481 hours of play time. In that time i have maxed all focus trees. Maxed all rep aside from vox solaris and conclave. Gained all primes and non primed.

I have most of the games mods/weapons. And only the atlas quest isn't done.

I could see using our maxed extra focus on a vendor for stuff. Assuming it won't be needed for duviri.