The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deadlock Protocol This Week..? !

EzioTheEagle

5 hours ago, Lysserd said:

I'd honestly prefer they just delay it so there might not be a bazillion bugs. Just like every other thing launched ever.

There will always be some bigs no matter what. Thats how games snd code works. The gosl is just for bugs to be minor.

8 hours ago, Lysserd said:

I'd honestly prefer they just delay it so there might not be a bazillion bugs. Just like every other thing launched ever.

You know that, despite the fact that they do have internal testing, there is no better bug testing than releasing to 40,000+ consecutive PC players for a few days to actually do bug checking, right?

That's why they release on PC first, then consoles, because they literally can't hotfix bugs on console the way they can on PC. Consoles have to go through a cert process, and DE literally cannot release an update there that will break a console the way it can casually break a PC, otherwise they'll have the game temporarily pulled from that console for being a functional hazard. PC is the bug-checking process every time.

Maybe less so when they actually implement that test cluster they used for the Railjack updates, but it's not very likely when the majority of players on that test cluster didn't even think it was for reporting bugs on Railjack and many of the test players complained that they couldn't play Protea (because obviously that's what the test server was for...)

Until DE are completely free to crash console games the way they can crash PC games, and until DE have a test cluster that reliably checks for the bugs and they can test and fix from there, PC will always update first as the bug-checking test bed.

9 hours ago, Lysserd said:

thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.jpg

You can't simply delay an update and hope there is no bug. "Polishing an update" simply doesn't exist in material world.