Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: The Great Horizon [OPEN WORLD EXPANSION CONCEPT]

(PSN)LeBlingKing

Go outside, Teasonai, look around, and what do you see?

Those beautiful plains, with its amazing landmarks from the Unum's battle with the Great Sentient, its magnificent flora and fauna...

The Eidolon-Moh... it may look beautiful, but it is hiding so much more. Something extraordinary. Something that, with the right help, could be reborn.

Compared to everything I've experienced with the Corpus, with VK-7, there are no words that can describe the beauty of your community.

However, if you look past the great horizon, only then will your eyes truly be open to the truth. 

Contact the Offshoots of the Orokin, and help them find a Falkra, a bird once thought extinct.

Have them tame it.

- Sigor Savah

TheGreatHorizon.png

This is a concept two weeks in the making! With help from several Tenno, I was able to create expansions for both the Plains of Eidolon and the Vallis of Orbs! Hope you enjoy, love you all, stay safe, and once again, thanks for reading! 

- Bling

GENERAL CHANGE

Spoiler

One general change that grants the most context is that instead of animals breaking into resources upon death, the carcass is collected and can be either converted into standing or resources, kind of like what already happens to fish.

With this change comes several new resources:

• Blood - universal resource that is dropped from all animals, the Fish Oil of animals
  • Feathers - resources that drops from all avians (Mergoo, Condroc, Sawgaw)
  • Sinew - resource that drops from large quadrupeds (Vasca Kavat, Kubrodon, Stover, Horrasque)

NEW CETUS VENDORS

Spoiler

Encarna the Seer - The Quills warned her about approaching the Unum, as not everyone who visits her chambers will like what she has to hear. But for some strange, enigmatic reason, Encarna the young Ostron came out with a so-called "divination". Despite her closest peers doubting her newfound abilities, one stranger came up to her and asked for his fortune. After performing a short blood ritual, Encarna told him-- or, rather, the Unum told him, using Encarna as a catalyst --that his family would be blessed with a new companion. Sure enough, that same man's daughter came home with a Kavat she adopted in secret, and of which his wife wanted to keep. Most still say that Encarna's "newfound powers" are still just "coincidence", but she has since then proven that she has a link with the Unum powerful enough to predict the destinies of any townsfolk who choose to encounter her. As for Void-damned offworlders, however, that remains to be seen... 

"I have seen the inside of the temple, and she has taught me much. Know your future. One cut, and your path lays itself out! Your future laid bare in a drop of blood!"

Encarna will grant the Tenno with a random daily buff using one of three separate fortune-telling methods:

Hematomancy - divination through blood ritual (buffs the Warframes), Abacomancy - divination through ashes (buffs fired weapons), and Gastromancy - divination through a crystal ball (buffs melee weapons)

The higher the rank, the more potent the buff, but also the more standing it will cost.

Hematomancy: Both Encarna and the Warframe draw blood from their palms using a dagger, allowing their combined blood to drip into a bowl, before it swirls with colors of white and blue, quickly dissolving in a burst of Void energy.

Cost: Maximum Rank Standing / 4 (1250, 5500, 8800, 17500, 19800)

Types of Buffs to the Warframe [(5-25 * Rank percent):

+Shield Capacity

+Shield Recharge Rate

+Armor Rating

+Sprint Speed

+Aim Glide Duration

+Energy Pool

+Maneuver Speed

+Power Range

+Power Duration

+Power Strength

+Damage Reflection

+Damage Reduction

Abacomancy: Encarna reaches into a bowl of ash and dust, holds some into her open palms, and blows the dust off, as the wind swirls it around the Warframe before it flies away.

Types of Buffs to Ranged Weapons [(5-25 * Rank) percent]:

+Damage

+Status Duration

+Fire Rate

+Multishot

+Critical Chance/Damage

+Ammo Maximum

+Damage vs. Faction

+Reload Speed

Gastromancy: Encarna acquires a crystal ball, and has the Warframe touch it with their hand. Void energy starts radiating off the ball, before entering back into it.

Types of Buffs to Melee Weapons [(5-25 * Rank) percent]:

+Damage

+Status Duration

+Attack Speed

+Range

+Critical Chance/Damage

+Critical Chance with Slide Attack

+Initial Combo

+Heavy Attack Wind-Up Speed

+Lifesteal

+Finisher Damage

+Combo Duration

Each buff lasts for 24 hours, and applies to all Warframes / ranged weapons / melee weapons in the player's inventory. They can only retrieve another Fortune after their current one has diminished, but they can't retrieve the same Fortune twice in a row.

Spoiler

Malikan the Artist - Most offworlders will take note of the beautiful sigils and designs illustrated on the walls, posters, and banners strewn across Cetus. The pleasure of the people who spectate these belongs to no other than Malikan, an optimistic, outgoing distant relative of Elder Konzu. One of the older members of Cetus, he is recognized across the townsfolk for his positive outlook on life and his contributions to the town's rustic aesthetic that everyone knows and loves. Currently, he spends most of his days giving back to his community by offering powders and dyes so that people can engage in colors the way he likes to. Nothing brings joy to Malikan as much as watching children and adults alike dye their clothes or make immaculate paintings with the colors he provides. Now, with a smile on his face, he can watch the Tenno do the same.

"Powders and dyes! Newly arrived at great risk from the Eurasian zone! Display your love with a streak of vermilion. Highlight those eyes with a dash of rare cerulean! Powders and dyes!"

EYQPGeYXkAcXa0z.png

His trading will provide multiple options:

Browse Wares

Wares include brand new Polychrome Pigments for a Clan Dojo and decorations for your Orbiter, including framed paintings of both Cetus and the Plains, Ostron banners, and Ostron posters.

EYMCyKHXkAEHqgr.png?width=759&height=427

EYMCxehWAAAkuNW.png?width=759&height=427

EYMCv6_WkAEtgqH.png?width=759&height=427

EYQxP1FWoAUhfph.png?width=759&height=427

Create Palette (Rank 3) 

With Maliwan's help, you can become the owner of your very own custom made Color Palette with an acquisition cost of 5000 Standing and 15 Platinum, 90 slots (5 * 16) for colors using colors from both available color purchases and purchased polychromes.

The palette can be named as well!

Spoiler

Pedlek the Village Idiot - Hok's apprentice, infamous for being a nitwit, spends most of his days touching up Zaws that Hok creates, writing recreational poetry, and taking drunken naps after consuming several bottles of daku liquor. Despite his incompetence, he has yet to be fired by Pedlek. A rumor has it that Hok owes a member of Pedlek's family a favor, and another says that he's being bribed by Pedlek himself. However, even with Pedlek's seemingly foolish exterior, he works hard on things he is passionate about. One of these ventures includes extensions to Hok's mastery with Zaws. His work is newfangled, and he only shares it with the most upheld of Tenno and Cetus members.

"I know... that Hok seems like he doesn't like me at times. Don't worry yourself, outworlder... he's got a heart of gold under all that steel and iron. How may I serve?"

Only available to Kin, Pedlek sells unique Zaw Grips, "Extensions", and other add-ons to complement the base Zaws you can acquire from Hok and to make new ones. His wares are on a cycle, and they cost standing.

Xaraza - Extension: A shield that can be paired with any one-handed Zaw. Can be attached to a one-handed Zaw to provide a stance-switch to Sword and Shield, add an additional polarity, and increase blocking range.

ZawShield.png?width=371&height=427

Malika - Grip: A special grip that provides specific Strikes (Sepfahn, Cyath, Dehtat, Kronsh, Mewan, Ooltha, Plague Kripath) with a two-handed nikana stance.

ZawTHN.png?width=371&height=427

ZawTHNDemo.png?width=534&height=427

Latigo - Extension: A barbed whip that can be paired with any one-handed Zaw. Can be attached to a one-handed Zaw to provide a stance-switch to Blade and Whip, add an additional polarity, and increase attack range.

Shabiki - Grip: A special grip that provides specific Strikes (Balla, Cyath, Mewan, Ooltha, Sepfahn, Plague Kripath) with a war-fan stance.

ZawFanDemo.png?width=427&height=427

Samphanth - Weapon Link Blueprint: A blueprint that can take two one-handed Zaws of the same Strike to provide a Dual Sword / Dual Dagger result.

Ikunku - Grip: A fisticuff-shaped grip that provides Strikes with either a Gauntlet stance (Kronsh, Rabvee, Dehtat, Plague Keewar, Balla) or Claws stance (Cyath, Dokrahm, Mewan, Ooltha, Sepfahn, Plague Kripath).

Cakram - Grip: A disc-shaped grip that provides Strikes with a Glaive stance.

ZawGlaive.png?width=427&height=427

Tufia - Grip: A dual one-handed grip that provides Strikes with a Tonfa stance.

Bulala - Grip: A elongated grip that provides Strikes with a Whip stance.

Kadena - Grip: A chain-like grip that provides Strikes with a Nunchaku stance.

ZawNunchuckDemo.png?width=610&height=427

Panahan - Remember those feathers and sinew that you can collect from animals? They will be primarily utilized here! With Pedlek's assistance and Hok's expertise, you will be able to craft Bow Zaws, known as Panahans, using the several Strikes available to you.

ZawBow.png?width=214&height=427

(apologies for now and future concept art made by me, i'm no expert)

Spoiler

Ramehd the Butcher - A master of animal slaughter, Ramehd is the animal equivalent of Hai Luk. He might not be the nicest or cleanest member of his village, but he is undeniably skilled in his craft. While primarily responsible for portioning and selling the Temple Flesh that's cut off daily from the Great Unum, he is also willing to take in animals hunted along the Plains to do with them whatever the customer requires, from providing specific cuts to making crafts from an animal's hide. He is more than happy to provide these services to the Tenno, as he believes that doing so will prove that these outworlders are just as interested in killing the wildlife as they are conserving it.

"All life must come to an end, surah. Might as well save 'em a few years and speed up the process, eh? HAHAHAHA!"

Multiple Options:

Provide Animals

Ramehd will take the animals you've hunted and provide them to cooks, leatherworkers, and the like in exchange for standing.

Cut Animals

Ramehd will prep the animals in exchange for resources.

• Kuaka Spinal Claw
  • Mergoo Beak 
  • Condroc Wing,
  • Vasca Kavat Tail

Browse Wares

Wares include animal trophies as Orbiter decorations, and leather accessories such as an armor set, a syandana, and a sugatra, as well asdecorative pieces of Temple Flesh with varying sizes.

CetusShoulders.png

Leather Shoulder Pieces ^

CetusLeggings.png

Leather Greaves ^

Today's Special

Allows you to buy animal resources with platinum. Plain and simple.

Spoiler

Quill Nakai 

EYQlzbNWkAEoLpE.png

Quill Nakai Secondary is a Quill associate and covert assassin. She can be found by Rank 5 Ostron members on the rooftops of Cetus. In exchange for standing gained by trading in Sentient cores, she provides upgrades for your Parazon and stealth-oriented gear for the truly dedicated space ninja.

When you reach Rank 5, she'll appear on a new rooftop every day. Upon your first encounter, she'll grant you an upgrade to your Parazon, allowing it to take 6 mods instead of 3.

Amnesiac Smoke Grenade - can be used to make enemies in a 20m radius to drop to an idle alert level

Cloaking Smoke Grenade - can be used to turn invisible for a few seconds, but enemies may be able to detect a “void ripple” in your cloak if you remain too close to them

Decomposing Technocytes - when used, can destroy an enemy’s corpse quickly for 180s, no matter which weapon is utilized

Assassin Forma - Allows the Warframe to perform aerial finishers with either your melee weapon or Parazon

Mod Examples:

Radar - after hacking, highlights enemies in a 30m radius for 10s

DDOS - after hacking, disable alarm triggering for 20s

Spear Phishing - on successful hack, +10 Loot Radar and +50% increased credit drops for 30s

Power Siphon - successful hack grants 100% Electricity status effect on hit after successful hack

Blood for Power - after Mercy, +100% damage and Power Strength bonus for 12s

Blood for Precision - after Mercy, +100% critical change and damage bonus for 12s

Blood for Potency - after Mercy, +100% status chance and duration bonus for 12s

Blood for Protection - after Mercy, +50% damage reduction and x10 damage reflection for 12s

NEW FORTUNA VENDOR: THE STOCKHOLDER

Spoiler

EYgIHxuXQAEB2ye.png

An anonymous former Anyo Corp associate who only goes by his epithet, The Stockholder, has made his presence known amongst the Tenno and Solaris. Setting up several kiosks across Fortuna, he only deals in several limited resources found across the Orb Vallis that can be exchanged with his own technological currency: Data. There is a catch, however, as the value of Data highly depends on a classic economic law: supply and demand.

microchip.png

There are 5 different currencies (Drives), rewarded in all 5 levels of bounties, anywhere between 2500-5000, 1250-2500, 1000-2000, 625-1250, and 500-1000 of any given currency a day, with each currency having a specific default conversion rate (Byte Drive - 10 Data, Kilobyte Drive - 20 Data, Megabyte Drive - 25 Data, Gigabyte Drive - 40 Data, Terabyte Drive - 50 Data)

Each Drive has a default conversion rate (0% value change) that resets every week when the Stockholder arrives: the more often a certain Drive is being converted to Data, the less Data the Drive becomes worth, all the way down to -50% value. The value will end up returning towards 0% when the Drive stops being converted at a quick rate.

The opposite is also true: the less often a certain Drive is being converted to Data, the more Data the Drive becomes worth, all the way up to +50% value. The value will end up returning towards 0% when the Drive starts being converted more. There are a daily limited amount of Drives available, so the more quickly they are being harvested, the quicker the supply runs out. When the supply is low, this is usually when the value of the Drives goes up.

processor.png

Once every week for 24 hours, the Stockholder arrives to Fortuna, ready to convert the Data into meaningful rewards and services.

He makes more of his stuff available the higher ranked you are with Solaris. While he's active in Fortuna, the stock market closes.

Ranks 1-2:

Orokin Catalyst / Orokin Reactor / Forma / Exilus Adapter Blueprints: 100000 Data

Relic Pack: 150000 Data

Full Health Restore: 50000 Data

Ranks 3-4:

Weapon Exilus Adapter Blueprint: 300000 Data

Data to Credit Conversion: 25000 Data - 50000 Credits

Shock-Camo, Elixis Skins, and Neon-Light skins for Battacor, Exegris, Arca Plasmor, Ferrox, Amprex, Opticor, Ocucor, Cyanex, Arca Scisco, Arca Titron, Pennant - 75000 Data each

[Amalgam Kunai Gunslinger] - +120% Fire Rate, +66% Reload Speed on Automatic Rifles // Kunai deal Elemental Damage based on First Emissive color - 100000 Data

[Amalgam Sibear Melee Prowess] - +120% Status Chance, Ability Cast increases Secondary Crit Damage by +60% // Melee slam attack inflicts Cold damage - 100000 Data

[Amalgam Okina Organ Shatter] - +120% Critical Damage, +60% Multishot on Bows // Finishers render you invisible for 6s - 100000 Data

[Amalgam Karyst Covert Lethality] - +160% Finisher Damage, Reduces the chance enemies will hear gunfire by 100% // Front-facing finishers have a 5% of killing instantly - 100000 Data

[Amalgam Gunsen Fury] - +45% Attack Speed, -100% Zoom on Secondaries // Heavy Attack gains 50% Combo Count efficiency - 100000 Data

Rank 5:

Reusable (!!!) Orokin Catalyst Blueprint - 2000000 Data

Amalgam Specters (Alkonost, Heqet, Kucumatz, Machinist, MOA, Osprey, Satyr) - 250000 Data each

Grofit Ephemera (credits and platinum fall and trail out of your Warframe) - 500000 Data + 5,000,000 Credits

New Warframe Noggles (Baruuk, Wisp, Gauss, Grendel, Hildryn) - 200000 Data each

SIDEQUESTS

Spoiler

A beginner-friendly alternative to Alerts, Sidequests will be provided by a few of the regulars from Cetus or Fortuna, who will task you with a side job to do alongside your normal Open World activity in exchange for Open World rewards.

Cetus Examples

Swazdo-lah, surah! My family is looking to stock up on food for the winter, but we've lost our spears! Can you do us a favor and get [5-10] [fish depending on your current rank with Cetus], please? We'll split some of the resources with you!

Swazdo-lah! My [brother/sister/cousin/nephew/niece/aunt/uncle/father/mother] [got (his/her) hunting license revoked / got (his/her) hunting tools stolen by the Grineer / lost (his/her) hunting tools]. Can you go out on the Eidolon-Moh and hunt a few [Kuaka/Mergoo/Vasca Kavat/Condroc] for them, please? Dah-dap in advance.

Help! My [family member] wants to keep an [animal] as a pet, but Master Teasonai won't allow them to go out on the Plains and get one themselves. Would you mind going out for us and retrieving one? We would reward you for your efforts.

Listen up, outworlder. I have word that one of my [friends/family members] got looted by Grineer troops. If you can help me go out on the Plains and find the [caches/datamass] they kept the loot in, they'll be fine giving you a cut of it. You in, surah?

My [family member] got [assassinated / brutally murdered / eviscerated / tortured / killed / executed / slaughtered] by the Grineer. Please avenge (him/her) for me. Go out into the Plains, and kill as many Grineer as you can. I'll pay you in silver once you're covered in as much red as I'm seeing.

Swazdo-lah, surah, spare a second? I have/[a family member] has a grudge that needs settling. There's a [Plains Commander/Recon Commander/Aerial Commander] that [I'm/they're] not really fond of. I was wondering if you could get on the Eidolon-Moh, find 'em, and put 'em to sleep for [me/them]. Your hard work will be rewarded.

Greetings, offworlder, can I have a favor from you? There was a wicked thief that came around these parts, stole my [reward] and escaped off into the Plains. If my instincts are right, they should be hiding somewhere in a Grineer base. Here's hoping you can find and capture them before they find a means to escape. Thanks in advance.

Fortuna Examples

Howzit, outworlder? I'll be straight-up with ya, I've kinda dug myself into a hole. I'm fiending for a few credits, lest parts of ma rig start getting repossessed. You wouldn't mind stealing a couple from the Taxmen, wouldya? I'd highly appreciate it, and might even be alive to thank ya once I see ya again.

G'day, tinstuff! Friend- or rather, partner -or rather... associate of mine was hoping I could provide 'em with some metal parts to help sort out their rig, but I'm already up to my chin in IOUs, so I figured I'd ask the lovely walking Void-rigs to help take a weight off my shoulder. If you could head up to the Vallis and provide me with some [Servofish], I'd forever be in your debt. Wouldn't be the first time, either...

I'm pissed, outworlder. We can't just... stand here doing nothing, forced to sell our souls just to make up a debt we can never pay off! I'm sick of it! I need you to make those Taxmen pay for what they've done to our people... and if it so pleases you, I'll reward you the little I can muster up. I'd sell 10 of my souls to the Tenno before granting a fragment of mine to the mucking merchant cult.

Heya, glinty! Got your ears on? My friend's cousin's brother's son's babysitter's boss let me know that all of their names are on a repo list... even MINE! I heard that the Taxmen keep a list like that encrypted on some sort of drone so it can be easily delivered to the right people. I heard you'd got a little data spike in-ya wrist- the Para...chute, or something -and basically I was thinking you oughta hack into that drone and wipe our names off. I'd be grateful, and so would be my friend's brother's cousin's... wait, that ain't right-

PASSIVE AND ACTIVE STATES

Spoiler

What’s the point of adding so many peaceful non-fighting activities such as fishing, mining, or conserving when they’re constantly interrupted by enemies?

Passive State occurs when the game realizes you aren’t actively engaging in usual shoot-and-loot gameplay.

• Less enemies spawn, and further away
  • Enemies that do spawn have a less likely chance of interrupting your activities
  • Ghouls/Thumpers spawn less likely in the PoE

Active State occurs upon accepting a Bounty, killing a specific number of troops in a certain amount of time, or prolonging your stay in a Grineer or Corpus base of operations.

If you're actively taking part in a Conservation or Fishing sidequest, you will be locked into Passive State until it is complete, unless you proceed with the above parameters.

When you're in Active State, this doesn't give you grounds to enter a sidequest and instantly be thrown into Passive State. You'll need to escape your current encounter (and, if on the Plains of Exploiters, remove Reinforcement Beacons) in order to alleviate your State.

ANIMAL TAMING

Spoiler

An alternative to hunting and conserving, you can use gear items provided by Master Teasonai or the Business in order to attempt to tame the creature and use them in combat as a companion.

Preparation

You'll be able to gain three tiers of animal food, specific to each animal: Intact [animal] Food, Quality [animal] Food, and Premium [animal] Food.

In order to be properly prepared to gain an animal's trust, you'll need to have both the animal food for the right animal, and an open unreserved stasis slot. Luckily, with this update, Stasis Slots will be able to be bought from either Teasonai or Biz for a hefty standing price.

Acquiring

unknown.png

Just like in conserving, you’d find the echo spot, and use the Lure to call the creature in.

However, instead of tranquilizing the fauna, you would equip the Food Teasonai or Biz provided to you, and WAIT for the animal to approach you.

The graph above displays the percent chance of taming the 

You can only tame a creature if you have an available Stasis Slot, but Stasis Slots can now be provided by Teasonai and Biz in exchange for Standing

After taming the creature and giving it a slot, you can interact with it and give it Stabilizers for health

Once you rank a tamed animal to 30, you can go over to Biz or Teasonai to “gild” it (or in this case, clean it, give it a collar, Forma it, and provide it with a name).

Each animal comes with their own base precept, and once its gilded and given a Void-enhanced collar, it will be provided with a second precept (or passive) based on its species variant.

Kuaka Precepts:

Burrow - The Kuaka burrows down into the ground, making noise and drawing aggro while staying invincible

Clone Summon - The Kuaka summons fellow Kuakas to provide crowd control by pouncing on enemies in the area (Plains Kuaka Precept)

Ashen Aura - The Kuaka creates an area of darkness, blinding enemies in a decent area (Ashen Kuaka Precept)

Ghastly Ambience - The Kuaka makes itself and its owner invisible until the owner attacks with noise (Ghost Kuaka Precept)

Condroc Precepts:

Scavenge - Condroc targets one dead enemy but produces enough Desecrations to make a triple loot table reset, huge cooldown between uses

Warcry - Condroc screeches, stunning enemies in a decent range (Common Condroc Precept)

Bird of Prey - Condroc gets a taste of the hunt, momentarily boosting its attack power and speed (Rogue Condroc Precept)

Passive - Committee Leader - Condroc uses its Emperor status to bolster its survivability (Double health / double armor) (Emperor Condroc Precept)

Mergoo Precepts:

Dying Curse - As Teasonai said, "Killing one is considered very bad luck". If your Mergoo dies, then for a limited time, enemies in a radius around you will be staggered and have their health halved

Fishy Situation - Mergoo spawns in-mission with a random fish in their hands that, on command, can be dropped for varying effects (Char Eel - electric proc AoE, Khut-Khut - toxic proc AoE, Cuthol - viral proc AoE, Karkina - slash proc AoE) (Coastal Mergoo Percept)

Camouflage - Mergoo creates a cloaking field on command that can hide the owner and the pet from harm (Woodland Mergoo Percept)

Splendid Squawk - Mergoo squawks, attracting nearby enemies to one spot (Splendid Mergoo Percept)

Pobber Precepts:

Dwelling - When at low health, the Pobber will burrow underground, gaining X% health/sec for X seconds, once per mission

Escape - The Pobber makes itself and its owner invisible for a very short period of time for a quick getaway. Activates automatically when Warframe is nearing death (Sunny Pobber)

Hypnotic Aroma - The Pobber will temporarily mind-control surrounding enemies with its pleasant odor, and cause controlled enemies to deal X% of their damage as True Damage to enemies for X seconds

Bury - The Pobber quickly burrows underground, dragging several enemies in range with him, immoblizing them for X seconds (Subterranean Pobber)

Sawgaw Precepts:

Passive - Bird's Eye - Increased Loot and Animal Radar

Passive - A Bird in The Hand - Increased offensive ability (+% Crit Chance and Damage) (Flossy Sawgaw)

Passive - Birds of a Feather - Increased evasion (-% Damage Taken while Airborne, +% Evasion) (Alpine Monitor)

Early Bird - Flies to the enemy with the highest HP, dealing Slash damage and having a x% chance to proc Slash and disarm enemy (Frogmouthed Sawgaw)

Bolarola Precepts:

Plating - When shields are depleted, the Bolarola bolsters the armor rating of itself and its Warframe

Spin Dash - The Bolarola will ball up and charge through a group of enemies, stripping their armor and increasing the armor rating of Warframe based on how many enemies it hits (Spotted Bolarola)

Ricochet - The Bolarola charges up and strikes X amount of enemies, staggering them all and dealing more damage the more enemies it hits (Black-Banded Bolarola)

Quill Shot - The Bolarola shoots out quills repeatedly, dealing massive AoE Slash damage with x% proc chance (Thorned Bolarola)

The next three animals are classified as Kubrow sub-breeds, meaning they can use all the same mods a Kubrow can

Stover Precepts:

Charge - self-explanatory charging attack that knocks enemies down

Terrorize - deals a Finisher (Sentinel Stover)

Unrelenting Rage - removes armor but increases damage by +Armor% (Fuming Dax)

Fiery Breath - spews a huge burst of flames from his mouth, with X% status chance (Fire-Veined)

Horrasque Precepts:

Toxic Trail - draws a poisonous trail where it walks for X seconds

Poisonous Roar - Releases a Toxic Ancient-like roar that deals instant health threshold damage to enemies surrounding (Dappled Horrasque)

Passive - Swimmer - Less attack speed, but a lot more base health (Swimmer Horrasque)

Arctic Storm - Creates a small blizzard that flash-freezes enemies in a moderate radius (Horrasque Stormer)

Kubrodon Percepts:

Passive - Apex Predator: 50% damage resistance to all sources

Barking Spree - Kubrodon starts barking up a storm, drawing aggro and absorbing damage to supply health (Brindle)

Venus' Wrath - Kubrodon creates a radial minefield of coolant orbs, freezing and dealing damage to any enemies caught (Vallis)

Bloodlust - Kubrodon has an X% chance to instantly kill any non-boss enemy in the game that's being targeted, extremely long cooldown (Incarnadine)

NEW CETUS BOSSES

Spoiler

The Quills have tipped us off. They're NOT happy with something going on in the Plains.

Apparently, thanks to the massive influx of Tau Energy present from your adopted mother's work in Jupiter and her tyrant brother's work from within the Veil, something's awakening from within the lakes of the Eidolon-Moh. A new fragment of the Great Sentient that we thought long gone. I'm tasking you offworlders once again, in hopes that this threat to the Unum can be dealt with quickly and efficiently. 

Dah-dap.

- Konzu

THE EIDOLON ROPALOLYST

latest?cb=20180826091617

The great ancient Flydolon, thought cast away by the Revenant, has finally been unleashed from its slumber.

The Flydolon can be found roaming on the opposite side of the Plains that the Eidolon is on. It will function a bit differently from the Ropalolyst you take on in Jupiter.

Attacks:

• Wing Slash - hit with wings, moderate damage
  • Seeking Bullets - similar to the Teralyst's, bolts of damage that home in on the Tenno
  • Sentient Residue - poisonous blood that spills from broken Synovia
  • Giant Laser - similar to the Jupiter Flydolon, shoots the Laser in one general direction
  • Grab - Periodically, the Ropalolyst grabs a Warframe, squeezes once, and then lets them go
  • Ring of Fire - uses the tips of its wings and circles around, creating a ring of harmful Sentient energy
  • Energy Spike - instead of 5 moderate ones, its one gigantic one
  • Flight - without Lures, the Ropalolyst will fly across the Plains, of which the Warframes will need to take a hold of, fly up into a sufficient altitude, and crash-land onto the Plains
  • Service Summon - upon losing all Synovia, the Ropalolyst will call in and link itself to several Vomvalysts and Amalgam units (yep) that all need to be destroyed before the Ropalolyst can be killed or captured.

Rundown:

• 2 Synovia, needs 4 Eidolon Lures to keep grounded (2 Lures/Synovia)
  • Use Operators to destroy shields, shoot Synovia off, deal with the Energy Spike
  • If there are insufficient Lures, the Ropalolyst will perform Flight, and after all of its Synovia are destroyed, it will perform Service Summon
  • Killing it will grant you with an Abnormal Eidolon Shard, capturing it will grant you with a Shard and some Arcanes

As with the Eidolons, the Flydolons also have summonable extraordinary counterparts.

THE EIDOLON KARURALYST

latest?cb=20180826091618

This ancient relative of the Eidolon Ropalolyst still has a fragment of Temple Flesh embedded into its head, the kuva within granting this Flydolon with additional intelligence and cunning.

Attacks:

• Multi Wing Slash - hit with wings three times, moderate damage per hit
  • Seeking Bullets - various bolts of damage that home in on the Tenno
  • Giant Laser - shoots the Laser into the sky, raining down various bolts of light dealing massive Tau damage
  • Grab - The Karuralyst attempts to grab a Warframe. If successful, they'll hover and slam the Warframe onto the ground
  • Trail of Fire - dashes a short distance along the ground, creating a field of harmful Sentient energy
  • Anti-Lure Attack - The Karuralyst silentingly spawns a Demo-Vomvalyst, which will tether to a Lure and explode if it's tethered to it for long enough, destroying the Lure in the process
  • Energy Spike - instead of 5 moderate ones, its one gigantic one
  • Fearless Flight - without succifient lures, the Karuralyst will spawn four copies of itself into the air which all flock around the Plains in a circle. If the player approaches the wrong copy, the copy will start pulsing and explode with massive Tau damage
  • Service Spaz - upon losing all Synovia, the Karuralyst starts spazzing and spawns actual Tau Sentient units all of which need killing before the Karuralyst can be killed/captured

Rundown:

• 4 Synovia, needs 8 Eidolon Lures to keep grounded (2 Lures/Synovia)
  • Use Operators to destroy shields, shoot Synovia off, deal with the Energy Spike
  • If there are insufficient Lures, the Ropalolyst will perform Fearless Flight, and after all of its Synovia are destroyed, it will perform Service Spaz
  • Killing it will grant you with an Peculiar Eidolon Shard, capturing it will grant you with a Shard and some Arcanes

THE EIDOLON PYROLYST

unknown.png

Rumors say that this particular fragment contains the sheer power of the Great Sentient's heart. With wings of pure Tau energy, its harrowing cries resemble thunder, its attacks resemble lightning.

Attacks:

• Wing Slash Ultra - a rushdown of wing bashes, dealing massive damage
  • Seeking Bullets - numerous bolts of damage that home in on the Tenno
  • Giant Laser - shoots the Laser into the sky, raining down various bolts of light dealing massive Tau damage
  • Grab - The Pyrolyst attempts to grab a Warframe. If successful, they'll drag the Warframe across the ground, and toss them a fair distance away
  • Displacement - Periodically creates a field of energy that takes Warframes that don't move and teleports them to a random spot on the Plains 
  • Anti-Lure Attack - The Karuralyst silentingly spawns up to three Demo-Vomvalysts to destroy Lures
  • Energy Spike - Spawns three short-ranged Energy Spikes, but they all kill instantly
  • Service Summon - Passively summons Amalgams and Sentient units mid-battle, with spawn rates increasing as each Synovia gets destroyed

After destroying all Synovia, the Pyrolyst lives up to its name and performs its Ultimate move: Scorched Earth, in which they cover the Entire Plains with Sentient fire that deals heavy damage to anyone caught, causing you to need to take to the air on Archwings to defeat the Pyrolyst.

Aerial Attacks:

• Cosmic Crush - summons a moderately-ranged black hole that pulls Tenno in and deals damage
  • Carpet Bomb - the Pyrolyst performs a barrel roll, conjuring several homing energy bombs
  • Sentient Shield - the Pyrolyst creates a gigantic shield out of Sentient energy that absorbs fire before it's launched at foes
  • Aerolyst Support Squad - summons several Aerolysts to be dealt with while the Pyrolyst grants cover fire

When killed, the Pyrolyst will spaz and take to the sky before exploding in a beautiful array of Sentient light, before dropping its goods directly into the middle of the Plains. If the right amount of lures was used, they will trail behind the Pyrolyst as it ascends.

REWARDS

• Abnormal Eidolon Shard (all) - 20,000 Focus
  • Peculiar Eidolon Shard (Karura + Pyro) - 45,000 Focus
  • Sparse Eidolon Shard (Pyro) - 70,000 Focus
  • Arcane Headhunter - ON HEADSHOT KILL, 10/20/30/40/50/60% chance at dealing 5/10/15/20/25/30% enemy max health in Heat damage
  • Arcane Ricochet - ON STATUS, 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5/9% chance at bullet/projectile ricocheting between 1/2/3/4/5/6 more enemies before expiring
  • Arcane Tracker - ON PISTOL HEADSHOT KILL, 10/20/30/40/50/60% chance to highlight enemies behind walls within a 4/8/12/16/20/24 meter radius for 3/6/9/12/15/18 seconds
  • Arcane Conversion - ON HIT, 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5/3% chance to strip 15/30/45/60/75/90% armor or shields and deal the EHP as damage to the enemy.
  • Arcane Bore - ON HEADSHOT, 2.5/5/.75/10/12.5/15% chance to punch through 2/3/4/5/6/7 enemies
  • Magus Assassin - ON VOID BLAST, deal 16.6/33.3/50/66.6/75/99.9% of unalerted enemy's health as Finisher damage
  • Magus Destruct - ON DEATH, deal 5000/7500/10000/12500/15000/17500 Void Damage in 2/4/6/8/10/12m blast, Operator gets 5/15/25/35/45/55 second cooldown
  • Magus Dimension - ON LETHAL DAMAGE, automatically go into Void Mode with 10/20/30/40/50/60% energy efficiency and gain 5/10/15/20/25/30% health/sec for 3 seconds, 60s cooldown
  • Magus Cloak - UPON ENTERING WARFRAME, 25/33/50/66/75/100% chance of turning Warframe invisible for 5/10/15/20/25/30 seconds
  • Magus Frenzy - UPON EXITING WARFRAME, +25/50/75/100/125/150% added Amp damage but Operator is susceptible to 5/10/20/30/40/50% more damage
  • Virtuos Cut - ON HIT, 20/50/75/100% chance of Void damage converting to Slash damage
  • Virtuos Melt - ON HIT, 20/50/70/100% chance of Void damage converting to Radiation damage

NEW FORTUNA ORB MOTHER

Spoiler

Sparky, bad news. No time to explain, but we've got reports of a third Raknoid. We need more help to examine it. Head down to Fortuna, you'll want to hear more about this.

- Eudico

latest?cb=20190416023225

The long-awaited third Orb Mother, the Liquidator Orb, is finally available for a heist under Vox Solaris.

PHASE 1

Thanks for joining us, Sparky. As I said in my transmission to you, our scouts have been discussing that near the dig site the Taxmen made lies a third Orb Mother laying dormant in a pool of coolant. As to why it's in there, how long it's been, and how active it is... we're not sure. We need that information ASAP, so I'm assigning you to pick up some intel on this Raknoid. Head up to the Vallis, and I'll guide you from there.

When you head up to the Orb Vallis, Eudico will inform you of a drone the Corpus are meaning to pick up that contains the location of the information terminal. Once you hack into the drone and defend it from Corpus troops and walkers, the location of the terminal will be marked on your map. You must be careful, however, as the files in this terminal are encrypted and heavily secured with a security failsafe: trigger alarms and you risk having the information deleted.

Once you bypass security and unlock the information, you will be tasked with returning to Fortuna while Eudico decrypts it.

PHASE 2

Upon entering the room, Eudico will have decrypted the information and translated it from Corpus. 

Eudico: Get this: the Raknoid our scouts were talking about... it was the result of a unsuccessful venture. One of Nef Anyo's associates was told to think outside of the box. The result? An unholy faction threeway with no one calling back for dinner: an Exploiter-based model with Sentient armor, Corpus technology... and Grineer artillery. That'l explain the mechanical noises, dark color scheme, and bulbous carapace. They call it the Liquidator. 

Obviously, because Grineer technology is about as effective as stabbing a Taxman to death with a rusty spoon, the model acted... erratic and sadistic, preferring to attack its victims with the heat and steam it builds up over time. The associate had his team switch it to low power mode and submerge it into one of the coolant pools to render it unusable.

Little Duck: Unfortunately, this hasn't made his Grineer partner-in-crime all the merrier. As a matter of fact, in the file you got for us, they've apparently scheduled a meeting on the offskirts of the Vallis. Your job is to intercept and eavesdrop on their meeting, but make sure you don't. get. spotted. If they found out the Tenno are onto them, they'll evacuate and the mission will be a bust. Best of luck.

You'll head up to the elevator where one of ten random spots near the borders of the Orb Vallis will be waypointed. Once you enter, you'll find a Grineer in Kuva attire and a Corpus unit in Jupiter attire talking amongst themselves, along with a few bodyguards each. They'll move along the general area, and your job will be to enter a specific radius that travels with them without getting spotted. If you're spotted, the bodyguards will start taking you on while the two VIPs escape. You'll be tasked to rendezvous back to Fortuna and the mission will fail. The next time you enter, they'll have rescheduled the meeting, and the location will have changed.

If you stay in the circle for long enough, you'll be able to pick up on some dialogue that suggests that the Grineer Official isn't happy with the discontinuation of the Liquidator Orb, as he's being punished for wasting funds on a defunct project. Even after the Associate explained that the orb was acting up, and that it was becoming unprofitable to continue development on it, the Official warned that if the Queens punish him for his investments, then he plans on punishing the Associate for his lack thereof.

Once you have the information, you can return to Fortuna.

PHASE 3

As you were intercepting private information, and have now confirmed that the Grineer plan on taking action, Little Duck lets you know that there is a supposed device that some members of the Associate's team made behind his back that are supposed to be utilized should the Liquidator find its way out of the coolant. There's not much information on it right now, but the fact that information about this device has been recently updated could mean that the Orb is in danger of escaping the coolant. You are tasked with investigation yet again.

When you reach Fortuna, the lake that contains the Liquidator will be waypointed, and once you arrive, you'll find that the lake has already been drained by the Grineer, and there's a Crossfire occurring between Kuva troops and Jupiter and Venus Corpus troops.

Acknowledging that it's too late to refill the entire lake with coolant, the only remaining option is to reactivate the Liquidator in hopes that it can be destroyed from outside the lake. 

After killing both the Grineer and Corpus, you'll need to reactivate two terminals attached to the Orb and defend them both from waves of Corpus. After doing so, the Orb awakens with a sickening screech and flashbangs the surrounding Tenno with a burst of fiery energy that somehow launches them all the way back to the Fortuna elevator, ending the mission.

PHASE 4

In between Phases 3 and 4, Little Duck will provide you with a gear item: an Orb Tether. She is unsure what the device actually does, but knows it will be essential to the Liquidator's defeat.

As feared, the erratic behavior makes the Liquidator nigh impossible to take control of, the machine targeting everything in its sight, including Corpus units. You have no choice but to destroy it before it targets Fortuna and rains hell on the Solaris people.

The Orb will be found in between the Spaceport and the Dig Site attacking various Corpus troops, and will target Tenno once they are in range.

Unlike the Profit-Taker, who whispers sadistically, and the Exploiter, who yells triumphantly, the Liquidator makes constant inaudible screeching noises. Enjoy.

Attacks:

• Passive: Agility - Unlike the other two Orb Mothers, the Liquidator almost never stops moving. Think of a slightly-smaller Exploiter Orb but with the speed of a Tusk Thumper.
  • Flaming Trample -  the Orb will stomp with each foot, releasing a wave of fire from each one, occasionally mistiming one of the four feet to confuse Tenno
  • Rocket Barrage - the Orb shoots homing rockets from the top of its carapace that explode and stagger Warframes
  • Incendiary Bombs - the Orb shoots cluster bombs from the top of its carapace that create temporary fields of flames
  • Steam Eruption - the Orb violently vents super-heated steam from underneath its chassis, burning Tenno underneath it
  • Burning Onslaught - the Orb cloaks itself in flames and then charges towards enemies
  • Flaming Bolts - the Orb cloaks itself in flames and then fires those flames off of itself in the form of several fireballs
  • Fire Pulse - the Orb cloaks itself in flames, lifts its carapace up by the legs and slams down it for an omni-directional wave

Rundown:

• Target each of its legs first.
  • Once the Liquidator is stunned, each of its legs will need to quickly be magnetically linked to the ground using the Orb Tether.
  • With its legs tethered to the ground and its movement halted, the steam and heat will rapidly built up inside of it, exploding and opening up the carapace, revealing its core.
  • While the core is open, it will continuously blast orbital strikes using the heat and steam. Once the core has taken enough damage, the carapace will reclose, and the battle will enter the next Phase.
  • In Phase 2, the Orb starts jumping around, dealing a Heat damage shockwave wherever it lands, as well as launching more frequent and longer-homing-in rockets. 
  • In Phase 3, the damage taken by the core creates an electric cloak around the Orb's carapace that will sometimes seek out and shock Tenno that aren't within a certain radius near it. Most of its Fire-based moves now deal Fire and Electricity damage

Once you successfully destroy the core, the Liquidator's heat will start getting the better of it, building up and causing the Liquidator to explode (because what's an Orb Mother that doesn't self destruct).

REWARDS

• 10 Vega Toroids
  • 10 Calda Toroids
  • 10 Sola Toroids
  • Pax Quickload - ON ROLL OR DODGE, 25/50/75/100% chance to reload +10/20/30/40% of magazine
  • Magus Quantum - ON GETTING HIT, 25/33/50/66/75/100% chance to inflict enemy with any random damage proc, Physical or Elemental
  • Virtuos Overdrive - ON NO AMP ENERGY, grant the ability to use Operator energy to fire Amp with 15/30/45/60% efficiency
  • Pax Grenade - ON ALT-FIRE, allow pistol to fire energy grenades using Warframe's energy pool to deal 1000/2500/3500/5000 Void damage for 20 energy and 25/20/10/5% magazine
  • Magus Shadow - ON SLIDE, Operator turns invisible for 5/10/15/20/25/30 seconds while leaving behind a Void decoy that draws aggro, 20/15/10/5/5/5 second cooldown
  • Pax Blastzone - ON ALT-FIRE, allow pistol to fire 5/10/15/20 energy micro-missiles dealing 200/400/600/800 Void damage each for 20 energy and 50% magazine
  • Magus Pickpocket - ON VOID DASH, enemies hit have 15/30/45/60/75/90% chance of dropping additional ammunition
  • Virtuos Singularity - ON STATUS, 25/50/75/100% chance of Void status effect to also proc on enemies within 4/6/8/10 meters and last 50/75/100/125% longer
  • Pax Alchemy - ON CRITICAL HIT, 10/20/30/40/50/60% chance to take existing primary status effect on enemy and combine with another random status effect to create a secondary

NEW WARFRAME AND QUEST

Spoiler

A Warframe inspired by one of the ten finalists of the Community-Created Warframe project.

A master of falconry from Cetus, suggested by @(XB1)DerpasaurasRex0, and chosen by DE themselves.

This is Lagois, the falconer, the ranger. And his companion, Xerxes, the Exalted Falkra, the Void's homage to a Cetus fauna once thought extinct.

sketch1590935159080.png

(Art by the talented @(XB1)EternalDrk Mako, OG Umbra Ambassador and trusted friend, go check out his stuff)

Master of the hunt, Lagois enlists his trusty Falkra companion, Xerxes, to do his bidding. Through several commands and hand motions, he can easily sway his avian assistant to soar into the skies, scout out enemies, dive bomb his foes to deal massive damage, and even perform shrieks of fury to either strike terror in the hearts of his opposition, or bolster the hearts of his allies. All of Lagois' emotions-- his anger, his confidence, and his desire for the hunt --are channeled through his bird of prey. One by one, their enemies become easy pickings, torn to shreds by bullets, blades, and bronze talons. Look up, Tenno.

Attributes (Rank 30)

100/100 (300/300)

200 armor

1.15 sprint speed

275 energy 

Polarities: Madurai PolMadurai Pol

Aura Polarity: Vazarin Pol

Exilus Polarity: Vazarin Pol

Companion Attributes: Xerxes

Because Xerxes is a bird-type companion, a type of which doesn't have its own general mods, he will only be able to utilize base mods labeled "BEAST" and "COMPANION".

He'll provide 6,000 Affinity, and be automatically available for customization once Lagois is acquired.

He'll be perched on Lagois' shoulder most of the time, idling on his falconry glove during idle animations, and will fly alongside Lagois while he's in motion, not unlike current Sentinels.

400 (1200)

300 armor

500 Slash

25% Critical Chance / 2.5x Crit Multiplier

15% Status Chance

Polarities: Penjaga PolPenjaga PolVazarin PolMadurai Pol

Passive: Bird's Eye View - Deals +200% damage while airborne, with +15 meters of Loot and Enemy Radar while Xerxes is alive

LagoisAbilities.png

(Gear = affected by Power Efficiency, Bicep = affected by Power Strength, Clock = affected by Power Duration, Radar = affected by Power Range)

Spoiler

THE GREAT HORIZON

Prerequisites: You're at least Rank 3 with the Ostrons, you've completed Saya's Vigil, and you've completed the Chimera Prologue

Talk with Master Teasonai and select the Lend an Ear option to begin the quest.

Teasonai will explain the tale of Sigor Savah: the same Venusian Corpus researcher who discovered Khora's feline, Venari, and who took Teasonai under his wing as an apprentice. He will tell you about a legend that Savah shared with him, how after escaping Venus and living under Cetus' protection for several years, he discovered yet another metallic beast while he was examining and conserving some of the wildlife. Teasonai was scared to share this initially, because he thought it impossible to have witnessed not one, but two animal constructs of similar natures. However, Savah was determined that the Tenno were the means of getting that animal to return again, and left Teasonai with an artifact said to have been extracted by the animal itself: a Bronze Feather, of which will be added to and locked into your gear items for the duration of the quest.

Find the Creature: Plains of Eidolon, Earth

You will be given a waypoint near the Eidolon Shrine in the middle of the Gara Toht Lake. Teasonai will inform you that while the feather definitely resembles that of an avian species that evolved under the temperate humid conditions of the Eidolon-Moh, it doesn't match that of any species that currently inhabits the Plains. When you reach the Shrine, you'll be tasked with using the Bronze Feather in your Gear wheel by placing it on the Shrine and then leaving the area to wait and see what happens. 

All of a sudden, the shriek of a bird-of-prey pierces the sky, and an exalted bird made of pure Void energy will hover above the Shrine long enough for Teasonai to discover that its shape and cry resemble a Falkra, a species of bird that was thought to be extinct, dying with the Great Eidolon during Gara's great battle with it.The Falkra will take the Bronze Feather into its beak, and fly away, leaving a piece of paper with Ostron writing in its wake. After retrieving that piece of paper, you'll be asked to come back to Cetus so that Teasonai can transcribe it.

Deliver the Note: Cetus, Earth

Curious as to why the bird would leave a note of all things, with Ostron lexicon at it, made Teasonai determined to translate it immediately:

You are not the person I'm seeking. But I feel like I know you. Your energy... it rings with the same sound as mine.

You may not be him... but only he would know to send someone like you.

If you wish to know more, follow these instructions.

Teasonai mentions that although you could both see the bird retrieve the feather, it still remains in your inventory, not only that but it has been saturated with Void energy, creating a Radiant Bronze Feather. Teasonai will send you back to the Plains with the instructions primed and ready.

Follow the Note's Steps: Plains of Eidolon, Earth

The first step was to unlock a Grineer terminal via datamass, and retrieve the materials kept inside. Then, you will find a drone, hack into it, and insert the materials into the drone before leading it to its destination. Once it has reached its destination, place the Bronze Feather on top of the drone, remove yourself from the area, and wait.

The Falkra will swoop down onto the drone, soaring rapidly around the drone and converting it to energy, before flying into the sky, drawing the energy in with it. Back at Cetus, Master Teasonai tells you that the words on the note he's gotten have changed by themselves in front of his very eyes. They now read like the following:

Good. Your service shall be rewarded. Take this device, and prove yourself with it.

An unidentified item will fall from the place the drone was, and upon taking it back into Cetus, it will display its purpose clear as day: Bronze Falkra Echo-Lure.

Examine the Lure: Cetus, Earth

Upon bringing the Echo-Lure over to Teasonai, he'll confirm that the resources you stole from the Grineer were utilized to craft it, and that its shape and design are unlike any type of Echo-Lure he's ever seen. The note will change again.

Three spots. Three trials. Choose one at a time. Be armed.

Use the Lure: Plains of Eidolon, Earth

From here, the quest can be done at your own pace. Whenever you equip the Bronze Falkra Echo-Lure, your map of the Plains will be highlighted with 3 golden waypoints, similar to ones you'll get during conservation. However, instead of pointing you to the scat of an animal, each waypoint will bring you right to the echo-lure summoning post.

unknown.png

1. Near the Twin Horns

The Falkra summoning spot located around the flat area in-between the Twin Horns and the Vigil. Once you call the Falkra through the Echo-Lure, you'll be surrounded by three waves of Void clones of Tusk Grineer troops, first 50 of them, than 70 of them, and then 100 of them. You'll be given a tight time-frame to kill them all, say, 15 seconds. Once they're all killed, the Void energy that remains from their deaths will collect into a singular ball of light, turning into an unidentified item: The Lagois Neuroptics Blueprint.

2. Near the Seaside Ruin

The Falkra summoning spot located near the westmost ocean shore near the Seaside Ruin. Once you call the Falkra through the Echo-Lure, 15 Tusk Dargyns made out of Void energy will spawn above the water, always facing towards the land, towards you. The goal is to destroy the Dargyns within 30 seconds, and then making sure you kill the Pilots before they fall down and hit the water. They'll leave behind small Void bolts of energy where they died, which will all combine into an unidentified item once all the Dargyns are destroyed: the Lagois Chassis System.

3. Near the Ostwan Range

The Falkra summoning spot located in the mountaintops above the Ostwan Range. Once you call the Falkra through the Echo-Lure, a spectral Tusk Thumper will spawn, and you'll need to kill it without getting hit by any of its moves. You will have 45 seconds to do so, and once that's accomplished, the Thumper will break down, and from its shell will drop the final component: the Lagois Systems Blueprint.

You can only complete one trial per game session, and once you claim a piece of Lagois, you'll need to rebuild it before you can pursue the others. 

All the while you're doing these, Teasonai's note will have changed, but the letters on it will be blurred out, becoming increasingly legible the more trials you take on and complete.

Once you build all the fragments of the falconer, Teasonai will send you a transmission with the final translation on it:

I left the feather with that man, because I believed he would be the one to set me free. In the end, I believe he was correct to send you to do so.

I was sent to the Plains days after the battle concluded. I was there when the clones started setting up base. I tried to stop them, and I killed many, but they grew in power and numbers.

At the end of it all, I had no choice but to sentence myself to the Void through my spirit animal. I was able to escape, but the end result had my body destroyed.

These trials were to see if you were worthy of taking on the same threats that I did. And you succeeded. Thus, you are worthy of my surrogate.

Take this, and rebuild me, so that I may rain my vengeance among the clones once again. 

The transmission will come attached with the Lagois Blueprint, and the quest will end.

OTHER CHANGES

Spoiler

Day/Night Equilibrium

Night on the Plains / Warm on the Vallis are when all of the good stuff start to show up, so it would make sense for players to have less of a chance to get it, but over time, a shorter cycle starts to get tedious.

• Plains: 100 day minutes and 50 night minutes -> 120 day and 120 night
    • 240 minute cycle, 6 total cycles a day
    • 2 hours of day and night is still more manageable than the 4 hour cycles of regular Earth missions
    • Passive State would disallow Vomvalysts from pursuing you
    • Special Side Quests can be made that are exclusive to the nighttime
  • Vallis: 20 cold minutes and 6.67 warm minutes -> 20 cold and 10 warm
    • 30 minute cycle, 48 total cycles a day
    • Not much difference but just enough that there’s more of a window for opportunity 

Hijacking More Vehicles

Grand theft dargyns are a good start to a potentially amazing alternative to traveling across the open worlds.

• Plains of Eidolon
    • Tusk Firbolgs: bigger, heavier airships, they are unarmed but can carry an entire 4-player squadron. Only one of the players can pilot it at a time. Empty Firbolgs can be randomly found on certain Grineer bases
    • Tusk Bolkors and Ogmas: even more health than the Firbolgs, and armed as well! You can only get one of these if you manage to incapacitate one that was summoned by a Seeker Drone. One player pilots while the others get to either shoot the cannons or fire carpet bombs.
    • Tusk Thumpers: when you incapacitate a Thumper, you can either get your resources and let it die, a la Bursa, or you can hack it, reboot it, and ride it along the planes. It can man three Tenno, and like a Warframe, it has abilities of its own, including its Super Jump, its Charge, its Cannons, and its Groundpounder
  • Orb Vallis
    • Coildrives: Coildrives can be hijacked just like Dargyns, and are a very fast ground-variant vehicle. Can fit a maximum of two players and comes with a cannon. A non-piloting player can also lean out of the coildrive to drive-by shoot Corpusv with their secondary
    • Condor Dropships: In a similar manner to Firbolgs, a Dropship can be either found or incapacitated, then riden by the entire squad. Unlike Firbolgs, these come armed with Senta Turrets

Railjack/Base Game Integration

• In both open worlds, the Omni will automatically be included in your Gear Menu if you have your own Railjack, so that when you use the Omni, you'll be allowed to summon your Railjack to your location, board it, and go from there.
  • Open World areas will also be accessed in Arbitrations, (E)SO, and Void Fissure missions.
  • The Stalker and other Field Bosses will be able to do their bidding in Open Worlds.
  • You can buy Beacons from Old Man Summbaat and Smokefinger that allow you to set specific spawnpoints for you on both Open Worlds. In Railjack missions, you're allowed to choose which Beacon you can spawn your Railjack above to enter the Open Worlds. Maximum 10 Beacons per OW.
  • Integrate more open-world resources into universal weapon blueprints, not just blueprints that originate from their respective open worlds and hubs.

CREDITS

Spoiler

unknown.png

All Captura shots - me

Falconer art - @(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

All other art/illustrations - me

Ideas/inspiration - @Teridax68 @TheGuyver

Thanks for reading!

diamond spinning GIF by Chris Cubellis

Not read all of these ideas but the overall picture is interesting and a lot of npc can get some meaning to be there. I like these ideas and I think this would be a fresh breath if they can develop these. I personally like the open and closed worlds and I would like to see some implementation on the regular missions too. That would make the game more interesting and unique to play each mission. Like each normal mission (starchart point) can have their own tilesets beyond on the major one so it would be unique to go there. The randomity can be there too but would be nice to have core parts of each map which only means that place.

The bird tamer frame aka Mordecai from Borderlands series is also interesting and would be nice to go with a flying pet. 

So, full disclosure to anyone else reading: while I'm credited towards the end of the post, I only gave input on a few of these ideas, and the near-totality are Bling's own creations. In general, I also tend to be apprehensive of ultra-large suggestion posts, because all too often the massive quantity of ideas comes at a tradeoff to their quality. Even in the cases of high-quality showcases, many are based entirely around their own, largely self-contained environment within Warframe, which while demonstrative of great creativity and likely workable, sometimes makes it difficult to relate to any specific suggestion without internalizing a whole lot of backstory.

It is worth listing out these running issues, I think, because in this particular case I think the OP avoids many of those pitfalls, and proposes a content update in a manner I wouldn't be surprised to see coming from Digital Extremes themselves (and so in a good way). Before going into specifics, the post has the advantage of offering a very focused, thematic update (i.e. open level additions and improvements), while also suggesting to build upon existing content, grounding the suggestions in in-game experiences one can relate to. The details are well-researched, notably the different Cetus vendors, and the new mechanics and systems I think are both potentially fun and novel enough to have in-game, while being sufficiently close to stuff the game already has to not raise too many doubts as to their feasibility.

And now, onto the specifics:

• I absolutely love the proposed Cetus vendors. Not only are the proposed functions distinct and valuable, but the names, quotes, and personalities also fit. The fact that these characters already all exist is a big help, because it means that adding these vendors would be a matter of giving these characters items and voice lines (which some of them have already), and double down on the feeling of Cetus being this bustling marketplace staffed by a colorful cast of characters.
    • Encarna I think is a potentially excellent system for encouraging the player to try out new builds, and do stuff that's really cool without being something the player can do absolutely all the time. Additionally, if there were some sort of resource cost (which could itself be random), it could act as a way for players sitting on tons of resources to spend them in an evergreen manner.
    • Malikan is also a perfect fit, and personally I'd absolutely love to craft and share my own color palette. Fashionframe is stronger than ever in Warframe, and thanks to the look link it's also become increasingly common for people to request and share each other's looks, which also includes the associated color schemes, virtually all of which draw from multiple existing color palettes.
    • I very much like the idea of developing Pedlek as an unconventional weaponsmith, in contrast to Hok's more standard array. Zaws have a ton of unexplored potential, and what with kitguns getting primary versions, I'd be curious to see more Zaw weapons. I'm especially partial to more shield weapons, and those along with glaives and warfans would be a good fit for the low-tech theme of Zaws.
    • Ramehd the Butcher rewarding proper hunting I think makes perfect sense, and the cosmetic rewards are a simple enough justification for the vendor, particularly given that there are a lot of Cetus cosmetics we still cannot access.
    • Nakai is the only character who doesn't already exist, but I like her theme a lot, with her appearance on different rooftops being a particularly nice touch. My one reservation here would be that the Gear wheel is currently fairly bloated and often clunky to access, including with hotkeys, which might make her ninja gear items difficult to use in the middle of combat, but the items themselves are both thematic and useful, from the looks of it. The additional Parazon mods I like a lot, and I'm surprised we haven't gotten more like those since the release of the item.
  • I remember discussing the Stockholder before he was called the Stockholder. Originally the concept as I recall was simply trying to come up with some evergreen resource, with varied sources and some variance to its flow, and since then the OP has developed the concept significantly further. The character fits perfectly in a Corpus environment, and I'd be very keen to see how the supply-and-demand system would impact on gameplay. The rewards themselves I think are very enticing, and I'd be particularly interested in obtaining a reusable Orokin Catalyst blueprint. Worth pointing out here that the new suggested Amalgam mods are pretty much exactly what I think what set mods ought to be, as both the stat increases and the unique bonuses all seem to be working together towards a distinct playstyle, particularly with the Sibear and Okina mods.
  • I very much like the idea of sidequests. Bounties themselves tend to be quite repetitive, and are fairly limited in how they make the player engage with the world. Having multiple reasons to go out into open levels, and different things to look out for, could add both immersion and variety.
  • Gonna lump these together, but 100% yes to passive and active states, rebalanced open level cycles, and more hijackable vehicles. I don't find it fun to be constantly interrupted by dropships that seem to constantly hound me, even when I'm at zero levels of alertness raised in the Orb Vallis, and I don't think there really needs to be any phase that's longer than the other. On the flipside, hijacking Dargyns was a fun addition, and I'd love to be able to pilot a Coildrive or even an Ogma.
  • I very much like the animal taming system, particularly as we could use more organic companions (that don't require bothersome amounts of maintenance). There was clearly a lot of work put into the different precepts, which I think are not only individually excellent and appropriate to each specific subtype, but are also a potentially excellent way of encouraging players to catch 'em all and use each variety strategically for their unique precept.
  • Flying Eidolons in Cetus and the final Orb Mother both get my vote, as I think both are bits of content DE themselves had at some point planned to implement. The structure of these fights I think is also well-written and I think would lead to fun missions, and I think the Liquidator's style and theme as written here would both fit alongside the other Orb Mothers, while giving her a distinct flavor. As with the other specific item additions proposed here, the new arcanes look genuinely appealing and capable of providing fun new gameplay, without being abusive.
  • Lagois I very much like as a concept. The theme is good, but also the abilities are all both reasonable and unique, while making good use of the frame's pet. On top of that, the stats look balanced, which is a rarity among custom frames. Bonus points as well for illustrating the abilities, and in general for all of the sweet graphic design in the OP.
  • The quest for Lagois is what I would've loved the Revenant quest to be: an immersive adventure across the Plains with unique gameplay, its own contribution to the lore, and a good story to tell about characters we know. This is a quest that would be perfectly at home in Warframe given its precedents, and one I'd love to run.

What impresses me the most about the OP is how well-researched it is: when making projects of that size, it's often easy to not put too much work into the details, a vice to which DE is no stranger. However, that is not the case here, as the suggestions fit right down to the names, the flavor descriptions, and the balancing of the gameplay suggestions. Not only are the broad lines of the OP easy to understand and imagine in the live game, the nitty-gritty of the suggested implementation fits as well. A tremendous amount of work went into this project, and I very much hope someone at DE sees this, as I think one of the qualities of the OP's proposed update is not only that it looks fun, but also that it looks realistic. Every suggestion proposed here is just close enough to existing content to not require overly drastic innovation, while still standing out enough to justify being added to the game. Kudos on a job well done.

• 3 weeks later...

This concept looks amazing, I would love if DE would look over this and take some of or most of it to adapt onto the Plains of Eidolon. I feel like more should be done for it including a new boss, and I thought they might have hinted at fighting the actual Eidolon later in the New War. 

I like the idea of new cetus bosses, especially since the Orb Vallis bosses are so unique (and sometimes a pain to fight). I also thought it was cool that you added in the other orb. I always see it when I pass it on the Orb Vallis and doesn’t do anything, so hopefully DE does something with it. The new vendors are also interesting. I don’t know how I feel about them, but at the same time they can give way to doing more in both Cetus and Fortuna. 

Also appreciated the shoutout cause I liked the idea of a bird like companion, so I thought what better way then with a warframe. I liked the artwork, the stats, and I liked the pictures for the skills (cause it gives a better view of what it should look like). I think protective shriek should give an armor buff instead of evasion. After that I thought this was an awesome concept as a whole and I really do hope DE takes some of your concept ideas, because they have been on target as of late and I do think the Plains of Eidolon mainly needs a boost.

Haven't read through it all yet, but I noticed that in the Taming section, you left out Virminks from the Orb Vallis. but other than that, it sounds great and very needed to make these areas more memorable and make people want to return to them.

Edit: finished reading through it, and the time frame on the quest to get the new warframe sound really difficult, especially for new players. Considering how much a Thumper moves, 45 seconds seems to be way too short of a time limit, unless the timer got increased for breaking off the armour and destroying a leg weakpoint.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived