Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FISSURES: Reactant visible to all players till everyone gets their 10?

This has been a bit of a team issue for a long time. When a player gets their 10, reactant stops displaying; this is good to clear screens for everyone with a cracked relic, but it doesn't help if the team want to assist the other(s) but cannot see the reactant to guide them in. In the interest of a middle ground, if anyone's cracked their relics, what about reactant for the other players (differentiated with a strikethrough or something) continuing to display if any other(s) still need their 10, and ceasing to appear only once everyone's cracked their relics?

• 1 month later...

I am agree with you. We need to have reactant most visible through the Walls for everybody.

Other problem , We have actually a real problem with reactant spawn . Especially in mission of Survival , defense and interception. I dont understand why i can take 10 reactant in 1 minute with an extermination mission.

And in Survival mission cannot have 10 reactant in 5 minutes...

Can you fix this ?

Sorry for my bad English , i am french tenno 😄

• 3 months later...
49 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

This would help but doesn't solve the main problem which is nobody getting enough when people play normally without waiting around. 

I think it might. When I run and don't have enough, I usually don't see dropped reactant until I'm close enough...unless they changed this. If folks are far off in the map when enemies I kill drop invisible reactant (because I have my 10), I can mark reactant, but only if I can see it to mark it. Best I can do atm is kill charged enemies, hope they dropped reactant that I cannot see, and mark the spot.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

I think it might. When I run and don't have enough, I usually don't see dropped reactant until I'm close enough...unless they changed this. If folks are far off in the map when enemies I kill drop invisible reactant (because I have my 10), I can mark reactant, but only if I can see it to mark it. Best I can do atm is kill charged enemies, hope they dropped reactant that I cannot see, and mark the spot.

I think you misunderstood my point. There are often situations where NOBODY has 10 reactant and there are NO reactants in the map anywhere. In this situation your solution wouldnt help since theres no reactant to show in the first place. 

But, like I said I do still support your idea. 

• 4 weeks later...

Another option could be for the reactants be visible map-wide to those who have not collected enough reactants yet, and then they'll be guided to the reactants by waypoints (like you are guided to Life Support Capsules in Survival missions by waypoints, even across the entire map).

On 2020-07-17 at 9:23 AM, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Coming back to this. Again.

When there is a will and want to help, but not a way...

I feel like there are so many Parts of Warframe where this feels like it's the case....

Like when you just want to give someone that last Toroid they need to rank up their syndicate.

On 2020-11-16 at 4:48 PM, xombob89 said:

This would help but doesn't solve the main problem which is nobody getting enough when people play normally without waiting around. 

Indeed... We must kill Reactant at the Source...

On 2020-12-10 at 5:39 PM, Lutesque said:

Indeed... We must kill Reactant at the Source...

Ive been trying to, gotta nekros all these threads each month until they do something I guess. 

And I do it out of love for the game, Reactant is one of of the biggest causes of frustration and annoyance on daily basis because its probably the most played gamemode. If it worked like it should, it would be so much better experience. 

32 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Ive been trying to, gotta nekros all these threads each month until they do something I guess. 

And I do it out of love for the game, Reactant is one of of the biggest causes of frustration and annoyance on daily basis because its probably the most played gamemode. If it worked like it should, it would be so much better experience. 

It's one of those things that makes me think:

Does DE somehow benefit from not fixing it ? 

Sure if Primed Loot isn't getting generated in game then that might make players want to buy Prime Access... But if a Relic isn't opened then it gets returned back to your inventory....

If there's was any Malicious intent to try and get players to buy Prime Access... Sloppy implementation of getting Reactant seems like the dumbest way of going about it hence I'm certain the way things are now aren't intentional....

So now just a matter begging DE To get off their asses and fix it.

Just have Late Joiners receive an Initial Reactant that is equal to Squad Average

(cause matchmaking is stupid and wants to add people in just as we're about to extract)....

Or just get rid of Reactant completely: look I understand they were originally intended to prevent AFKing relics. But we're Speedrunning the Relic Fissure missions so darn fast that there's no Time to even BE AFK. The Relic Selection Screen alone is enough to force human interaction.

Trust me DE -when the capture is done in 90seconds, I guarantee any players who interacted with the Relic Selection Screen has not had time to even go to the bathroom before they want to be there for the Reward Selection.

21 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

there's no Time to even BE AFK

I think you think too highly of people.

You're assuming "AFK" players actually get up and literally go away from their keyboard etc,
instead of just alt-tabbing out / keeping Warframe on a second monitor / grabbing their phone / whatever,
so they can glance at the mission progress every so often, and get rewards for contributing nothing.

If you allow players to stay at spawn and get rewarded for it, it WILL happen.

On 2020-12-16 at 1:10 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Just have Late Joiners receive an Initial Reactant that is equal to Squad Average

(cause matchmaking is stupid and wants to add people in just as we're about to extract)....

This is indeed another problem. If you join even a little bit late on endless missions, you wont get enough reactant. So system needs to change or they need initial reactant like you said.

On 2020-12-17 at 10:23 AM, NinjaZeku said:

I think you think too highly of people.

You're assuming "AFK" players actually get up and literally go away from their keyboard etc,
instead of just alt-tabbing out / keeping Warframe on a second monitor / grabbing their phone / whatever,
so they can glance at the mission progress every so often, and get rewards for contributing nothing.

If you allow players to stay at spawn and get rewarded for it, it WILL happen.

True, but DE needs to think of a better way rather than punishing all other players as a side effect of this system. Especially since this system doesnt even stop AFK players, you could still afk (as much as possible before hitting afk timers) and just go collect all dropped reactants after.

• 4 weeks later...

Just happened AGAIN on lith interception on earth. 

I was Hildryn (not killing anything), clanmate was also playing passively, no nuke frames in the team, still 9/10.

Every round after that, we got our last 10th reactant after control reached 100% even tho we only held 3 out of 4 control points... Im sure this is not intetended to work like this? I was even just sitting on a tree branch not playing half the time because was waiting for corrupted to spawn... (was still moving and killing corrupted tho). This is not fun gameplay. 

Archived