Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For even intermediate players, public Teralyst hunts are often a frustrating experience

Enialyx

Especially now that there's a Hydrolyst capture Nightwave task, Eidolon hunt groups are inundated with people who have no idea what to do.

• No radiation weapons
  • No high damage weapons
  • Constant deaths
  • Lures aren't filled
  • Vomvalysts aren't finished off

I'm by no means a master of hunting Eidolons. I know the basics. These I learned from other players, as well as watching teaching videos and reading up on the Wiki. I can definitely relate to the confusion of the newbies. However, carrying hunts alone and teaching why the hunt-group failed isn't exactly why I play.

It would be great if the game itself offered some kind of tutorial. Even of the five above points.

frustrated show GIF

Teralyst hunts are easy enough to pound out that you shouldn't be having problems, regardless of who is with you. You could also just solo the Teralyst. Or use Recruiting chat.

It's the training wheels of Eidolons. People that show up for it are probably never going to be the ones that know the ins and outs. If you feel you are an "intermediate" player you should be able to join the hydrolyst mission and group up with more experienced players. (Or they usually are.)

I am going to play a devil's advocate for OP.

Is there an good in game explanation of what the mission is and how to complete it : Not really.
Are people abusing the auto join system and leach : Yes, they do.

Is the hunt way too narrow in the load outs one should bring  : Yes

With that said, if you play stupid games expect stupid rewards. I am entering every mission with the mindset that I may need to "carry it", or I just flip to solo.

They could fix the Hydrolyst so that's not complete bullS#&$.

Lightning bolts that come out of nowhere and one shot you aren't fun.

A huge AoE that you can hardly avoid because it deals so much damage and has no telegraph isn't fun.

Having to avoid (and fail avoiding) all of that while trying to down its massive shield and health isn't fun.

Ending up wasting 30 minutes of your time because you ran of lives and for some idiotic reason players can't revive you when you run out of lives is really, really, not fun.

Eidolon hunts aren't well designed.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb CthuluIsSpy:

I agree on this.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb CthuluIsSpy:

A huge AoE that you can hardly avoid because it deals so much damage and has no telegraph isn't fun.

Ending up wasting 30 minutes of your time because you ran of lives and for some idiotic reason players can't revive you when you run out of lives is really, really, not fun.

But not on this, because that's sounds more like a player mistake.

How is getting killed by badly designed attacks that rely on RNG and are cheap a player mistake? That's a design mistake. There is no tell, no warning, it just happens.

In Dark Souls if the enemy is about to do something dangerous you get a warning. Even Smelter Demon and Fume Knights, which are considered by the player base to be a couple of the more unfair / difficult bosses, have clearly defined attack patterns and tells behind their attacks.

You don't get that with the Hydrolyst. You get a massive AoE out of nowhere on the ground that saps your health before you can really respond, you get lightning bolts that come out of nowhere that either knock you out of operator mode or drain your frame's shields, leaving you open to getting instant gibbed by another series of cheap attacks, you have a bunch of projectiles that come out of nowhere and blitz you into nothingness. There is no pattern, just death, and that's horrible design.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb CthuluIsSpy:

How is getting killed by badly designed attacks that rely on RNG and are cheap a player mistake? That's a design mistake. There is no tell, no warning, it just happens.

Thunder: You can see a light-green globe around your frame, before you get shocked.Just jump away in that moment.

The rain: Just turn into your operator and stay in the void mode. Stay calm and dash/ walk away until you are safe.

There are probably even easier ways to avoid the hydrolyst attack. But for that you need an experienced player. I killed until now only 30 so I can just tell you the basics. 

On 2020-06-24 at 4:00 AM, CthuluIsSpy said:

They could fix the Hydrolyst so that's not complete bullS#&$.

Having to avoid (and fail avoiding) all of that while trying to down its massive shield and health isn't fun.

750 Hydrolyst captures Eidolon Hunter here.

There is a small pocket of green energy signaling the lightning where to strike. Quickly jump away from it or use void mode or void dash away.

The bubble spam? Use Void Mode or use a K-Drive with the quick escape mod to dodge it.

Eidolon hunts demand constant Void Mode use. You do know what void mode is... right? And also Hydrolyst is not meant for the newbies and requires late game setups : Gilded Custom Amp, 5-6 Forma Crit Weapons, Maxed out Magus Arcanes, Light to heavy investment to focus schools. Yes you can say Eidolons Hunts have very strict gear checks.

57 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

There is a small pocket of green energy signaling the lightning where to strike. Quickly jump away from it or use void mode or void dash away.

The bubble spam? Use Void Mode or use a K-Drive with the quick escape mod to dodge it.

Eidolon hunts demand constant Void Mode use. You do know what void mode is... right? And also Hydrolyst is not meant for the newbies and requires late game setups : Gilded Custom Amp, 5-6 Forma Crit Weapons, Maxed out Magus Arcanes, Light to heavy investment to focus schools. Yes you can say Eidolons Hunts have very strict gear checks.

The hydrolyst doesn't require "gilded custom amps" or "5-6 forma crit weapons". It just makes it easier

15 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It kinda is especially on pubs where runs usually don't always go smooth.

Still not required . Sure it'll be hell going into pubs with sub-optimal setups but it can still be done. There have also been plenty of 6x3's done with "non-meta" weapons like the stug, mk1 furis etc.

Il y a 15 heures, ES-Flinter a dit :

Thunder: You can see a light-green globe around your frame, before you get shocked.Just jump away in that moment.

The rain: Just turn into your operator and stay in the void mode. Stay calm and dash/ walk away until you are safe.

There are probably even easier ways to avoid the hydrolyst attack. But for that you need an experienced player. I killed until now only 30 so I can just tell you the basics. 

I never noticed a green globe around my frame. I'll try to watch out for it.

I know that you can avoid the rain with operator mode, its just that it happens so suddenly, covers such a large area and lasts for so long that I end up getting killed by it anyway due to not having enough void energy from avoiding the other attacks or just dying before I can respond.

I've also had an issue where the green rain effect persisted even when the attack ends, so I can't tell when its dangerous or when its safe.

Il y a 11 heures, DrivaMain a dit :

Yes, I know what void mode is, and I know you can use it avoid attacks. I also know that operators are made of paper and if a vomvalyst or any stray projectile so much as tickles an operator you get knocked out, lose your shields and then get one shot.

It still sounds like it requires more gear that requires hours of busy work and farming to mitigate the nonsense than skill.

Or just plain luck.

I guess its because there's a mass spike in difficulty / cheapness between gantualysts and hydrolysts. I don't really think Gantualysts too bad, does get a bit crazy but its bearable. Could be better.

Hydrolysts just feel dirty. Like, Bed of Chaos dirty. Oh sure, its doable, but that doesn't make it good.

Well, it's not really gated from people who are nowhere close to getting a meta Amp, at which point Eidolons become a joke. (even i'm not there to make an oneshot Amp, because the recycled bounty grinds are boring and i hate mining and fishing)

The majority of bad games i had in Eidolon hunts were either caused by people being undergeared and having no idea what to do or people being toxic to these players and ragequitting, or both.

I'm talking about Tridolons though, if you fail at Teralysts even with an average pug, you need to seriously rethink your builds.

But for me, Eidolons were always just a stupid gearcheck and there are alternatives to get the arcanes now, so i guess this content will just die off as it was badly designed since day one, like why can't my Banshee's abilities affect Eidolons? Guess the stupid Amp meta farm loop can't be bypassed because iTs coNteNT!4

Anyways it's better not to expect something so horribly designed to work out with pugs.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived