Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealthkill with Parazon WHEN NO melee equipped+ give us choice

LVVS

I would love to be able to perform a stealthkill with the Parazon, especially when i didn't bring a melee weapon

What Lotus explains about the Parazon when fighting the new Jackal Boss - I find that the Parazon therefor should come in handy like this whilest we didn't bring any melee weapon whatsoever...

On top of that, when I have a melee weapon equipped, I still would like to choose between stealth-killing with my melee weapon or with the parazon.

The solution could be: tab x to stealthkill as is. Hold x to perform stealthkill with Parazon

In any situation, a stealthkill with the parazon would have a nice animation as all other finishers do.

So we could enjoy the short "assassins creed"-like cutscene ... or we choose the melee-stealthkill out of tactical reasons...

Bad or good idea?

(Edit: STEALTHKILL should read STEALTHATTACK in the TOPIC.. making it clear, that a stealth-ATTACK not automatically eventually leads to a stealthkill 🙂

EDIT because maybe relevant:

-> sorties like "rifle-only" do not allow Parazon finishers, it is easy to say, that the logical conclusion is, any Parazon move is disabled --as is already--. No need to think "yeah, now i can have a melee weapon, even if it is not intended to be so"

-> making Parazon dafault if no melee is equiped  would not be my  idea.

)

Edited by nyxtasy
  • Like 4

While I like the idea, bear in mind Finishers with melee weapons work because of the high damage they do.

If the parazon cannot do that, then I don't think players would even consider using it. It would be impractical.

*thinking back when DE wanted to put Covert Lethality on parazons... 

• Like 1

vor 50 Minuten schrieb Xaero:

Keep in mind that finishers have damage value. How are you going to deal with it?

yes...

vor 41 Minuten schrieb Aadi880:

While I like the idea, bear in mind Finishers with melee weapons work because of the high damage they do.

If the parazon cannot do that, then I don't think players would even consider using it. It would be impractical.

*thinking back when DE wanted to put Covert Lethality on parazons... 

there you have it..! 

Didn't even know, that DE thought about it. Since Covert Lethality lost the "guaranteed" kill, maybe it wouldn't be that complicated to give the Parazon its very own mod that has same or similar stats as Covert Lethality. Since we have 3 mods to put in next to the neccessary lich-kill-mods (forgot the name atm .."xata" "ris" ...)..maybe it would be up to us, to not equip the lengthen hacking time, or chance for instant-hack, or increased parkour-velocity, or what tehy all can give you. 

So, not only a "Covert lethality" for the Parazon, which somehow has got decent enhancing damage, but also further similar mods, maybe towards/against speciifc factions.

Or against specific "skin" or armor like "+300% damage against Fossilized" ? hm

Or mods like "+150% electricity", to match the modding system of all other weapons in general of course.

At the beginnig DE would still need to give the Parazon a speciffic amount of plain damage, that's right.

Maybe give the Parazon damage similar to daggers, that would be most likely comparable...yet then again, I can hear the argument, why would we bring any daggers at all, when we have a dagger - the Parazon - all along... of course ..hmmm

But it's just logical, to use the parazon almost like one uses a dagger, or not?

Advantages towards the Parazon for the daggers would still be. Capability of Combo, Combo.Counter, more overall damage compared to Parazons, ...

NEXT Edit:

When you choose to try to perform a Stealthkill with the Parazon: Either it works, or the enemy looses a tremendous amount of health what still is the same as if you tried to stealthkill with a melee-weapon that is too weak for the enemy. -Yet then, maybe the Parazon could deal a guaranteed PROC- which type is determened by a MOD, i.e. "deals guaranteed electric-proc on stealthattack if target isn't killed"

Edited by nyxtasy
additions...typos

i must bear to repeat that what will determine the strength of the Finisher the Parazon deals, yes.
and no, don't get your hopes up of being able to give it a Script Kill ala the previous iteration of Covert Lethality. whether any of us wants that or not, we're not going to get it.

so, what will determine it, then.

Just make Parazon the default melee weapon when you don't equip a melee weapon and give it some weapon stat and an exclusive stance. Just so they can release a Parazon Prime too. I mean Ash has been using it before Parazon is a thing so just let us use it too?

• Like 2

"weakest" dagger is the Ceramic Dagger: 126 Puncture and 14 Impact, total: 140

We know with the right mods, even the Ceramic Dagger becomes powerful, and even without a Riven.

Let's say give the Parazon 20 impact 30 Puncture and 50 Slash. Total of 100. (jus as an example, maybe simliar to Ceramic dagger would make more sense...no slash!)

With a Parazon Mod like "+300% Electricity plus lands guaranteed electicity proc" the Parazon could still come in handy. Even, if the target does not die.

Because -having no melee weapon equipped at all- i am thankful to use the Parazon on that unalerted enemy with its back towards me.

And -having a melle weapon with me- I could choose to stab one of three enemies in front of me in its back, giivng an electricity proc...

Edited by nyxtasy
additions...typos

vor 1 Minute schrieb Marvelous_A:

Just make Parazon the default melee weapon when you don't equip a melee weapon and give it some weapon stat and an exclusive stance. Just so they can release a Parazon Prime too. I mean Ash has been using it before Parazon is a thing so just let us use it too?

Ironically this remidns me of something, sort of related to this post but friends and me noticed on a i belive it was rifle only sortie that you can't use mercy kills also, since parazon seems ot count as a equipment anyway, since you cna levle and sort of equip it already (mostly due bugs), so it would make sense to have it as mini melee or so.

Problem i see here how would you mod it or so? It counts as finisher damage since you can't stealthkill everything in one hit if not modded correctly like a Nox or Bombard, it would push stealth in a even more niche if you can do that with just the Parazon on.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Marine027:

Ironically this remidns me of something, sort of related to this post but friends and me noticed on a i belive it was rifle only sortie that you can't use mercy kills also, since parazon seems ot count as a equipment anyway, since you cna levle and sort of equip it already (mostly due bugs), so it would make sense to have it as mini melee or so.

Problem i see here how would you mod it or so? It counts as finisher damage since you can't stealthkill everything in one hit if not modded correctly like a Nox or Bombard, it would push stealth in a even more niche if you can do that with just the Parazon on.

yes, right, that's why it can't have just "instant death", like discussed already. I would mod it with the three remaining slots beneith the top row, ... new mods would be implemented...

8 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

How will Garuda use her Talons then?

Edited by Xaero

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Marvelous_A:

vor 1 Minute schrieb Xaero:

How will Garuda use her Talons then?

So, easy to say, "make the Parazon default melee then" is the more complex solution? 

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Marine027:

Ironically this remidns me of something, sort of related to this post but friends and me noticed on a i belive it was rifle only sortie that you can't use mercy kills also, since parazon seems ot count as a equipment anyway, ...

In Sortie, where "thisandthat only" is the penalty, it makes sense, that the stealthkill per Parazon is off as well as the finisher... somehow this penalty is consequent and that's just it, we have to deal with it.

personally I would say treat the Parazon as a limited use "powerup" style weapon. basically you would get finishers or stealth kills on enemies, and this would fill a bar, when the bar is at a certain portion filled, or full, you get  to use the Parazon to execute a single enemy instantly, regardless of their health value. of course, this would be restricted against Liches, Bosses etc.

perhaps we could also use the parazon and not have any weapons equipped. then you would have to use powers exclusively to kill enemies, which could make things a little more interesting. not everyone really bothers with guns, so why not?

• Like 1

I like this idea a lot. On one hand, I never particularly understood why different melee weapons had to have different stealth multipliers, particularly as the ones with the highest multipliers are the ones one would think to be least-suited for stealth, e.g. hammers. On the other hand, I think the Parazon still sticks out like a sore thumb, and fails to meaningfully justify its existence in Warframe due to lacking any real purpose outside of its Requiem gimmick for Liches (which is arguably not the strongest reason to keep it in the game either). Turning stealth finishers into Mercies, which are themselves already meant to be finishers, would connect the two systems neatly, and make stealth play that much more consistent and rewarding, even if it still would still need far more work to be in an ideal state.

17 hours ago, nyxtasy said:

In Sortie, where "thisandthat only" is the penalty, it makes sense, that the stealthkill per Parazon is off as well as the finisher... somehow this penalty is consequent and that's just it, we have to deal with it.

Don't forget that Exalted Weapons override this penalty.  😄