Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Are We Getting The Command Intrinsic?

Richeatue

1 hour ago, Wearbe said:

They are not disappearing, they have moved so far ahead of you that you can't see them on the map anymore. Be faster. What kind of mission are you typically playing that lasts 30 minutes?

That's the point; they like taking their time, so they don't want to be faster. Hence why they have a terrible experience in public matches and play solo.

I think the command tree is likely incredibly difficult to develop. 

WF ai is not the best.  Just watch any pet for proof.  Trying to introduce a system where captured liches or hired syndicate crew can make intelligent decisions on the fly ain't gonna be easy.

Do you really want a bot in charge of your forge?  Would you trust their ability to forge what you actually need?

Given how glitchy rj still can be, introducing a team of npc's to carry out critical tasks would, I think, be a disaster.

If the tree isn't scrapped completely and replaced with something else as part of the planned changes to the intrinsic system I'll be surprised.    

8 hours ago, 844448 said:

Grab teammates to play with, what's the difference?

AI is way funnier than the boring ass playerbase this game has

Also yeah you can't find anyone in public matchmaking for railjack missions lmao dead game

Edited by Learicorn
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, 844448 said:

Grab teammates to play with, what's the difference?

Because I want to play with my railjack 100% of the time, which also means I pilot 99.9% of the time.

Piloting is imo the most fun thing about the mode and an optimized team will only leave the railjack for objectives (which doesn't happen on Gian Point).

2nd most engaging role is the Big Friend Gunner (because you need a friend to properly use this gun :D).

They look out for the crewships and shoot them down.

The next, also really important role goes to the engineer, which has to sit in the back of the ship and stare at numbers for the entire mission, manage the energy and ammo.

4th slot hardly matters, they can take a sidegun and pretend they're helping while Munitions Vortex clears all fighters, take care of boarders or board crewships themselves while the pilot has to keep track of which ship they're in so the BFGunner doesn't nullify their effort to help.

tl;dr

The other roles aren't as fun as the pilot, I don't want to have 1-2 people having fun on the team while the other two try not to fall asleep.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

The other roles aren't as fun as the pilot, I don't want to have 1-2 people having fun on the team while the other two try not to fall asleep.

DE builds solutions to other problems into their new stuff.  Seems to me they built in a solution for the AFK PUG player. Every Railjack now comes with an AFK slot!! 😆

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Because I want to play with my railjack 100% of the time, which also means I pilot 99.9% of the time.

Piloting is imo the most fun thing about the mode and an optimized team will only leave the railjack for objectives (which doesn't happen on Gian Point).

2nd most engaging role is the Big Friend Gunner (because you need a friend to properly use this gun :D).

They look out for the crewships and shoot them down.

The next, also really important role goes to the engineer, which has to sit in the back of the ship and stare at numbers for the entire mission, manage the energy and ammo.

4th slot hardly matters, they can take a sidegun and pretend they're helping while Munitions Vortex clears all fighters, take care of boarders or board crewships themselves while the pilot has to keep track of which ship they're in so the BFGunner doesn't nullify their effort to help.

tl;dr

You don't need any roles other than pilot. I solo'd the last ranks of my intrinsics when I realized I could get finisher affinity. (It was solo by that time.) I ran the ship by myself and did everything the crew you say you need does without having to think. Once you have a solid railjack build you won't need people for all those roles. People often end up being redundant.

46 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

You don't need any roles other than pilot. I solo'd the last ranks of my intrinsics when I realized I could get finisher affinity. (It was solo by that time.) I ran the ship by myself and did everything the crew you say you need does without having to think. Once you have a solid railjack build you won't need people for all those roles. People often end up being redundant.

The fun of Warframe comes from building the most effecient setup possible for me.

A team that knows exactly how to play their roles will do many more runs than a single person soloing the same mission and you'll do many, many runs before you got everything.

Just now, 16Bitman said:

The fun of Warframe comes from building the most effecient setup possible for me.

A team that knows exactly how to play their roles will do many more runs than a single person soloing the same mission and you'll do many, many runs before you got everything.

Solo play is the most efficient. The way railjack is built encourages that. But I suppose it's your reason for playing. If it's to connect with other players, then yea that's great. But it takes seconds to port over to the forge and then back to the helm. Or to use the forward artillery yourself 

At most you lose a few seconds doing that, but you also can get the finisher affinity off of boarders and that can't be shared, as well as killing all the mobs inside the crewship with finishers, etc etc.

So if you are after loot, I would still argue that solo is best, but it is definitely lonely. I've tried both and I prefer playing with friends but it's not more efficient.

4 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Solo play is the most efficient. The way railjack is built encourages that. But I suppose it's your reason for playing. If it's to connect with other players, then yea that's great. But it takes seconds to port over to the forge and then back to the helm. Or to use the forward artillery yourself 

At most you lose a few seconds doing that, but you also can get the finisher affinity off of boarders and that can't be shared, as well as killing all the mobs inside the crewship with finishers, etc etc.

So if you are after loot, I would still argue that solo is best, but it is definitely lonely. I've tried both and I prefer playing with friends but it's not more efficient.

You just explained why it's more efficient, you lose time having to switch to forward art then back to gunner, go kill any boarding parties yourself, make more materials yourself etc. It isn't really THAT much more efficient, but it's definitely more efficient than solo, assuming you're doing this with a premade and not pug, but even pug I find faster than solo.

2 minutes ago, Richeatue said:

You just explained why it's more efficient, you lose time having to switch to forward art then back to gunner, go kill any boarding parties yourself, make more materials yourself etc. It isn't really THAT much more efficient, but it's definitely more efficient than solo, assuming you're doing this with a premade and not pug, but even pug I find faster than solo.

I would disagree, especially if you are farming intrinsics. You can't share the finisher affinity. So you have to do things that aren't otherwise efficient. Such as board the crewships, and sit in front of them to let boarders board the ship, etc

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I would disagree, especially if you are farming intrinsics. You can't share the finisher affinity. So you have to do things that aren't otherwise efficient. Such as board the crewships, and sit in front of them to let boarders board the ship, etc

Maybe if you're farming intrinsics, but if you're farming parts/avionics/riven slivers/etc it's still better to have a group.

7 minutes ago, Richeatue said:

Maybe if you're farming intrinsics, but if you're farming parts/avionics/riven slivers/etc it's still better to have a group.

well you can do both at the same time. Though you have to have at least a half serviceable ship to farm in the veil already.

11 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

That's what they get told to do anytime they highlight a problem with certain parts of the game's design, because telling people to play solo in an advertised co-op game is a great way of deflecting instead of providing actual counter arguments*

yeaaaa but at this point, your right!! it is Co-op (Cooperative Optional)  and i also heard Scott many of times consider solo play. it feeds the power fantasy. which is why DE was so cool with removing Raids. which is also why when raids do comeback don't be surprised if they are solo able.which is the reason command intrinsic exist. no need to deflect or counter. its quite obvious  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

well you can do both at the same time. Though you have to have at least a half serviceable ship to farm in the veil already.

Honestly you can farm veil with the mark 3s you get from your dojo, that's what I did, most of the loot you get before the veil is useless anyway.

14 hours ago, Wearbe said:

They are not disappearing, they have moved so far ahead of you that you can't see them on the map anymore. Be faster. What kind of mission are you typically playing that lasts 30 minutes?

I just finished a hour and eight minute long sabotage mission because I spent time exploring for the caches. But I also enjoy spy, rescue, capture, mobile defense, and exterminate.

I have no interest in being faster. Much of the time, I play Warframe as a very laid-back and relaxing game. The music is nice, the maps are pretty, and I get to jump around interesting places.

I don't understand the disdain for solo play when the result of my joining a group would be annoying my teammates.

20 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Public player mindsets are every man for himself, carry or get carried, you are a player playing with bots, etc. If you want to see the good side of warframe community you either play with premade, clannies, alliance, or friends.

I don't think it's bad to want to rush. I understand how someone who has played 3k hours and is simply cracking open relics so they can sell the scrap for ducats is looking to grind through the map as fast as they can.

Edited by hippokrene

8 hours ago, hippokrene said:

I just finished a hour and eight minute long sabotage mission because I spent time exploring for the caches. But I also enjoy spy, rescue, capture, mobile defense, and exterminate.

I have no interest in being faster. Much of the time, I play Warframe as a very laid-back and relaxing game. The music is nice, the maps are pretty, and I get to jump around interesting places.

I don't understand the disdain for solo play when the result of my joining a group would be annoying my teammates.

I played solo a lot when I was clearing the Star Chart. I wanted to take some time to look at the maps and see the enemies and figure out what the objectives where and how to handle them.  If I played in a group the objective was usually completed before I ever saw it.