Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"An updated version of Warframe is now availalbe" PS4 issue (Fixed)

(PSN)RipTide438

I've been experiencing same thing with frequent server not responding issues all of a sudden.  I'm usually host and there's no lag on my end or my friends.  I've been told there's been an update about 5 times in last 5 hours that forced me to close and relaunch game and there was no update to download.  Restarting ps4 or game only seems to resolve it temporarily. 

Update: These are happening more and more frequently that it starts virtually after I launch the game now.  Playing on Switch, I encounter zero issues so it's not an ISP/connectivity issue.  This only started after DP was announced.  

It seems that someone at DE has set something to trigger the update that is not supposed to be released right now. The game sees the update notification and has no choice but to go through the update procedure with no update. It started for me the evening they put out the announcement of the update being released. They should just be able to turn it off so we can play the game until the update is really being released. I would think someone at DE should see what is going on since there are so many reports and do something or at least put out a statement f some sort. Even if it is an "Oops, my bad". I do love the game but it has been tedious at best to have to keep restarting the game just to play. I got places to go, baddies to kill, and weapons to level up...

Been getting this a lot the last 3 days. Have reset all network stuff on my end. It feels pretty random since there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do to trigger it, but it’s happening every other mission or so. Sometimes it will reconnect during the mission sometimes it won’t. Warframe is the only game/program on the PS4 that’s dropping the network. I was having this problem before, but the warframe update before this current one seemed to fix it, but now it’s back. 

Me too. Been getting this a lot the last 3 days both the network error message and the updated version message. Have reset all network stuff on my end. It feels pretty random since there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do to trigger it, but it’s happening every other mission or so. Sometimes it will reconnect during the mission sometimes it won’t. Warframe is the only game/program on the PS4 that’s dropping the network. I was having this problem before, but the warframe update before this current one seemed to fix it, but now it’s back. Feels like there’s an error between some ISPs and the warframe server? I’m on Comcast. 

I have also been getting this bug as well for the past couple of days. It happens every hour I play and the message, "An updated version of Warframe is now available..." and i'm forced to restart my game even though I have the latest update for Warframe. I also am experiencing the network is dropping message frequently.

I'm on Lumos Networks, same issue. I pretty much have to relaunch the game after every single mission. Epic.

Been happening for about three days now and is getting increasingly frequent to the point that I don't even want to play.

Update: Can barely login anymore. Give it another day or so, and I fully expect to be locked out of the game until they fix this.

Yep. It is a real Warframe error. I posted this before reading that others are experiencing the same thing. Currently these are the top 2 threads. Im hoping that this will get some attention from DE (as well as all the trouble tickets for this issue). Check out the other thread as well. It has made the game Unplayble for many. What's the point of an unplayable game? Worse, it is one you play, and then at the end (due to a GLARING error on DE's part) you lose everything or it doesn't count. And then the developer stonewalls all the complaints. Or at least does not acknowledge them. My suggestion is going straight to Sony.

Same here for me personally and my alliance chat.  All host migrations (even expected ones like someone leaving a disruption mission earlier than others) have failed and given messages like : Warframe update in progress, no new missions can be created at this time.    So everyone but host loses everything and is sent back to orbiter, the consoles for nightwave, news, and others are disabled saying a new updated version of the game is available and must be installed to continue.  Closing the game and checking for updates shows there is no such update.  Reloading fixes the issue until a migration of any kind occurs again.

Archived