Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020 Day Of The Dead

1 hour ago, (PS4)Toku_Mizuta_4 said:

Dont see how you take offense to a holiday the commemorates the dead but ok........

"In a questionable holiday that already has problematic elements tied to cultural appropriation, 2020's Day of the Dead "celebration" takes on a darker tone due to the COVID pandemic and the victims of racial violence. Companies profiting off this event show no tact or restraint when they see an opportunity to make money despite the actual human cost and toll".

Expect if from Kotaku and Polygon. 

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

"In a questionable holiday that already has problematic elements tied to cultural appropriation, 2020's Day of the Dead "celebration" takes on a darker tone due to the COVID pandemic and the victims of racial violence. Companies profiting off this event show no tact or restraint when they see an opportunity to make money despite the actual human cost and toll".

Expect if from Kotaku and Polygon. 

That sounds very unlikely. There's not even much, if any, precedent for that assumption bast on DE and the history of how they consistently celebrate the same holidays regardless of other events in the world.

I'm miffed they do nothing for Pride, tbf. I often wonder if it's the vocally ignorant people that chase them away, which would be silly but far more in character for DE. DotD doesn't have that "stigma" to it, tho.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

That sounds very unlikely. There's not even much, if any, precedent for that assumption bast on DE and the history of how they consistently celebrate the same holidays regardless of other events in the world.

I'm miffed they do nothing for Pride, tbf. I often wonder if it's the vocally ignorant people that chase them away, which would be silly but far more in character for DE. DotD doesn't have that "stigma" to it, tho.

Guess we'll have to wait and see then. I am expecting for any company that does a DotD celebration this year to be shamed by certain progressive-leaning gaming outlets since it's their job to take offence on behalf of other people.

7 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I'll get behind a pride event if they also have a straight event. Because isnt that what the pride people strive for, equality and equal treatment?

I also wouldnt be surprised if someone would go call it profiteering if DE adds something extra for DotD. It would be a S#&$ty time if we cant celebrate our dead due to "woke", PC and SJW crowds.

24 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Guess we'll have to wait and see then. I am expecting for any company that does a DotD celebration this year to be shamed by certain progressive-leaning gaming outlets since it's their job to take offence on behalf of other people.

What does the last line even mean? On behalf of what people?

18 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'll get behind a pride event if they also have a straight event. Because isnt that what the pride people strive for, equality and equal treatment?

I also wouldnt be surprised if someone would go call it profiteering if DE adds something extra for DotD. It would be a S#&$ty time if we cant celebrate our dead due to "woke", PC and SJW crowds.

I just remembered why I have you ignored. Every day is straight day. Congrats! Now you know. 

As a member of the slurred groups you are referring to, not many people are going to be offended by that, if any. It's not only a minor issue in the face of a bunch of much bigger issues, but it's not actually offensive.

It's easy to fling insults if you can't relate and don't understand the groups you are insulting, though. But people that complain about "SJWs" are generally the type to spend their time insulting others and weeping openly when it comes back on them. The real snowflakes, if you will.

2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Those who Polygon and Kotaku imagine to be offended and in need of having their voices heard even if the perceived offended people are not offended at all. 

Just now, Jarriaga said:

Those Polygon and Kotaku imagine to be offended and in need of having their voices heard even if the perceived offended people are not offended at all. 

okay I know what a ,"Kotaku" is, but what is a "Polygon" that the related publications represent?

This sounds like a huge conspiracy, I bet it goes right to the top, too!

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

okay I know what a ,"Kotaku" is, but what is a "Polygon" that the related publications represent?

Polygon is another big gaming publication in the same league as Kotaku. They often write articles about perceived grievances and social offences in games even though people don't seem to be complaining about those issues at all.

You may see it as a conspiracy, but it has happened before. I have no reason to believe this time would be any different if DE are to do a DotD event. Guess we just have to wait and see.

3 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Polygon is another big gaming publication in the same league as Kotaku. They often write articles about perceived grievances and social offences in games even though people don't seem to be complaining about those issues at all.

You may see it as a conspiracy, but it has happened before. I have no reason to believe this time would be any different if DE are to do a DotD event. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Then you are still not answering who these mysterious people they get offended for are. The last post made it sound like there were Kotakus (which is a thing) and "Polygons" they represented. Hence my confusion. I know about the publications.

Also, the whole "I don't see anyone complaining about it" isn't a valid metric for deciding whether it is a problem.

4 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I just remembered why I have you ignored. Every day is straight day. Congrats! Now you know. 

As a member of the slurred groups you are referring to, not many people are going to be offended by that, if any. It's not only a minor issue in the face of a bunch of much bigger issues, but it's not actually offensive.

It's easy to fling insults if you can't relate and don't understand the groups you are insulting, though. But people that complain about "SJWs" are generally the type to spend their time insulting others and weeping openly when it comes back on them. The real snowflakes, if you will.

Who's insulting anyone?

And no, not every day is straight day. Most people simply do not care nor do they know what preference people have that they meet at a random basis. There are so many other things that infringe on who we are from person to person, sexual preference may be it for you and you may see issues tied to that for other people, like issues with getting married etc. Those same problems are there for straight people aswell incase they dont want to follow the conformity of the society they live in. That is why I dont believe in special days for minorities since there are always those that are overlooked that have the same issues.

And wouldnt that insulting go both ways? You dont know me, but you speak as if you do.

7 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

The vocal minority that is outraged that something somewhere is happening that they don't like or agree should be happening or that they even knew of till it was highlighted by the aforementioned publications.

Hey can we take the arguments not about DOTD somewhere else please! I appreciate everyone has their view but I'm really trying to get traction for my favorite holiday going here! Iv grown up celebrating this holiday and would like to see it better implemented in game so please take your argument elsewhere!

2 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

The vocal minority that is outraged that something somewhere is happening that they don't like or agree should be happening or that they even knew of till it was highlighted by the aforementioned publications.

I agree. The more ignorant and intolerant members of the gaming community make for a vocal minority that blocks progress towards inclusive gaming. Really surprised I didn't see them complaining that we were just exacerbating color blindness but putting support for it in game. Why do gaming companies have to get all political like that??

1 hour ago, (PS4)Toku_Mizuta_4 said:

Hey can we take the arguments not about DOTD somewhere else please! I appreciate everyone has their view but I'm really trying to get traction for my favorite holiday going here! Iv grown up celebrating this holiday and would like to see it better implemented in game so please take your argument elsewhere!

I don't understand. There is support for DotD. Though I want to see more. But they've been on autopilot wrt holidays for a couple of years now.

31 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

But they've been on autopilot wrt holidays for a couple of years now.

Well that's why I made this thread in order to give DE ideas that we would like to see for these holidays and give them plenty of time to create this new content we are suggesting. If we actually give them ideas in advance instead of waiting a week or 2 before the event to mention what we would want to see I have a feeling we will see more stuff come into the game.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Toku_Mizuta_4 said:

Well that's why I made this thread in order to give DE ideas that we would like to see for these holidays and give them plenty of time to create this new content we are suggesting. If we actually give them ideas in advance instead of waiting a week or 2 before the event to mention what we would want to see I have a feeling we will see more stuff come into the game.

They don't read general discussion. You are better off posting in feedback. They might look there (if you are lucky)

On 2020-07-11 at 10:51 PM, SpicyDinosaur said:

They don't read general discussion. You are better off posting in feedback. They might look there (if you are lucky)

Well I'm looking for more ideas to make a nice list to post there as well but I wanted others peoples thoughts and ideas as well. More ideas the maryier 

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Toku_Mizuta_4 said:

Well I'm looking for more ideas to make a nice list to post there as well but I wanted others peoples thoughts and ideas as well. More ideas the maryier 

I'd personally like something that isn't a DotD version of something else.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Toku_Mizuta_4 said:

Omg same! I dont like the skins bbbbbbuuuuutttttttt I really want like exclusive items (not a skin) as well! Make a like a DOTD sentinel or something 

I wish I had suggestions. I 100% agree with more DotD stuff. I love Halloween, as well, (my anniversary is Halloween so that's enough reason to like it if I didn't already!) but I like the DotD aesthetic for Warframe more, tbh.

I'm not a particularly inventive person, unfortunately. The ephemeras mentioned earlier would be very nice. Even if people don't understand them, and I don't, not being familiar with DotD as a true festival rather than what Americans generally know about it as well as any other cultural references, that is to say very little if anything. I think players would still love those because ephemeras are an instant win.

• 1 month later...

Archived