Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

new Corpus enemies shred sentinels

I love the Corpus ship rework and the touched up enemies, but I noticed something when playing Steel Path and then again today when doing the Corpus sorties.  The reworked Corpus enemies (Elite Crewmen in particular) absolutely shred sentinels, even when they are modded for survivability and not drawing aggro.  I resorted to using a Djinn with infinite respawns for some Steel Path missions, but even it was dead almost as soon as it revived.  Historically, only AOE enemies are really a threat to your sentinels if you don't have them using a weapon.  Well, AOE enemies and going into Operator mode for too long, leaving enemies with basically nothing else to target.

Honestly, companion survivability is something that should just be done away with.  Remove their health bars.  Make them invincible.  Either remove or repurpose old survivability mods.  When companions die, it's almost never the player's fault.  But if that's not going to happen, at least consider doing something about the new Elite Crewmen and their utter bloodlust for our poor sentinels.

il y a 38 minutes, sunderthefirmament a dit :

at least consider doing something about the new Elite Crewmen and their utter bloodlust for our poor sentinels.

Funny enough, the crewman aren't even aiming at your sentinel.

Their supras are enhanced, and they have a forkin 5 meter AoE radius. Your sentinel gets caught on that and dies.

It even bypasses blocking because its an AoE. Blocking normally does not stop AoE damage.

28 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Funny enough, the crewman aren't even aiming at your sentinel.

Their supras are enhanced, and they have a forkin 5 meter AoE radius. Your sentinel gets caught on that and dies.

It even bypasses blocking because its an AoE. Blocking normally does not stop AoE damage.

I figured that was the case.  Is it intentional, do you think?

• 3 months later...

DE, please fix this. It is insane that a Sentinel that has the lowest threat level a sentinel can have (no attack precepts at all) and that can survive any other mission type gets shredded in seconds in any Corpus Ship tileset mission. 

This setup below should not die 4 times in 3 minutes. But it does. Level 50-60 Corpus ship mission, guaranteed to die all 4 times very quickly. 
The setup below survives non-Corpus ship missions of level 150+ without a single death. Something is clearly wrong with the Corpus Ship missions. 

Spoiler

5pe9JCN.jpg

Edit: I have created a bug report for this, I don't think it was DE's intent that sentinels be unusable on this tileset, therefore it probably rises to the level of bug. 

If you play higher you would know sentinels are out of time long ago. Not because their ability and utility but because of their defensive and their weapon are almost totally useless.
Now beside the fact you say about corpus's blast supra, the enemies does focus on your sentinels ( not saying companion in general ) more. I do not know that is intentionally modified or accident so. Just that sentinel are a weird option if you don't play stealthy.

1 hour ago, Twilight-Knight said:

If you play higher you would know sentinels are out of time long ago. Not because their ability and utility but because of their defensive and their weapon are almost totally useless.
Now beside the fact you say about corpus's blast supra, the enemies does focus on your sentinels ( not saying companion in general ) more. I do not know that is intentionally modified or accident so. Just that sentinel are a weird option if you don't play stealthy.

First, sentinel's weapon being useless is irrelevant to the problem. In fact, most of the time they are not using those weapons since that would raise their threat level.

The problem is that in ANY other mission type sentinels do not die 4 times in a couple minutes. A level 150 mission with Grineer, Infested, Corrupted, or just normal not-new tileset Corpus enemies does not kill them except rarely. 

As for sentinels being 'out of time long ago' they have value, just because you do not use them doesn't mean others do not. As I said, they do not die normally when they are maxed out for survivability. 

Something is clearly wrong with the new Corpus Ship tileset's enemies. 

22 hours ago, GaussDeath said:

This setup below should not die 4 times in 3 minutes. But it does. Level 50-60 Corpus ship mission, guaranteed to die all 4 times very quickly. 

Not sure, in 99% cases, I run either Carrier or Helios just fine, although I usually use status-immune frame (Nezha, Inaros) for corpus ship, something cheesy like Nova or Octavia, slealthy Loki/Ivara, or crazy mobility setups with Rush. In general the enemies there dish out considerable damage on higher levels, including a bit of small AoE, similar to some Orb Valis counterparts. Also, Helios always has Deconstructor equipped. Carrier is usually in non-aggressive mode. They both survive mostly OK.

AT03N0k.jpg

3 hours ago, akots said:

Not sure, in 99% cases, I run either Carrier or Helios just fine, although I usually use status-immune frame (Nezha, Inaros) for corpus ship, something cheesy like Nova or Octavia, slealthy Loki/Ivara, or crazy mobility setups with Rush. In general the enemies there dish out considerable damage on higher levels, including a bit of small AoE, similar to some Orb Valis counterparts. Also, Helios always has Deconstructor equipped. Carrier is usually in non-aggressive mode. They both survive mostly OK.

Weird, with setups similar to yours and no attack mod mine dies really fast in level 50-60 missions. And not for lack of my damage ability, everything is getting 1hit dead via melee. 

Archived