Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path modifier in Simulacrum

Marvelous_A

3 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Title so we can test how our weapon will perform in Steel Path without taking every weapon into the actual mission to test them out.

Spoiler

AssuredMistyFlee-size_restricted.gif

DE: We're going to make a new mod with like +100 levels so y'all can test your weapons vs stronger enemies in the field, not in the Simulacrum.

Players: Ok. Add them to the Simulacrum too.

16 minutes ago, Syasob said:
  Reveal hidden contents

AssuredMistyFlee-size_restricted.gif

DE: We're going to make a new mod with like +100 levels so y'all can test your weapons vs stronger enemies in the field, not in the Simulacrum.

Players: Ok. Add them to the Simulacrum too.

Simulacrum exists so we don't have to test weapons in the field? That's why it exists in the first place?

It would be a nice addition, as long as increasing the level cap, because 180 at MR30 is a joke.

If you want to test how your weapon would perform against higher level, you can try using an extringuished key. It doesn't perfectly reflect the Steel Path increase, since both health and armor a increased, but it can help.

58 minutes ago, Syasob said:

You realize the level cap in the Simulacrum isn't equivalent to what steel path gives, right?

I agree, we should have a "Steel Path" option added to the Simulacrum. That's the whole point in it right, you can test your gear? How can we test our gear there if we cannot use the correct enemies?

56 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Simulacrum exists so we don't have to test weapons in the field? That's why it exists in the first place?

Right

Level 170 enemies in simulacrum are not equivalent to even level 105 Steel Path enemies. It would be nice to test out a build on the enemies we will actually be fighting.

I’ve tested builds on level 170 heavy gunner to a level of “this should do” only to find in Steel Path my bullets turn into nerf darts.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Right

Level 170 enemies in simulacrum are not equivalent to even level 105 Steel Path enemies. It would be nice to test out a build on the enemies we will actually be fighting.

I’ve tested builds on level 170 heavy gunner to a level of “this should do” only to find in Steel Path my bullets turn into nerf darts.

Panthera Prime can kill lvl 170 Bombard with relative ease in simulacrum but it does jack sh1t in steel path against the most basic grunt. That's because Steel Path other than level increase also provides a 150% health and armor bonus and currently there is no way to replicate that in simulacrum.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s ironic that you’re asking this because Steel Path was originally supposed to be an alternate option for testing weapons against higher levels.

But they did more than just increase the levels, didn't they?

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Panthera Prime can kill lvl 170 Bombard with relative ease in simulacrum but it does jack sh1t in steel path against the most basic grunt. That's because Steel Path other than level increase also provides a 150% health and armor bonus and currently there is no way to replicate that in simulacrum.

That is exactly my point lol.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s ironic that you’re asking this because Steel Path was originally supposed to be an alternate option for testing weapons against higher levels.

It was never supposed to be for testing weapons. Not once was it pegged for being a testing ground. It was a way to busy high level players between content and because people wanted “harder content”.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

It was never supposed to be for testing weapons. Not once was it pegged for being a testing ground. It was a way to busy high level players between content and because people wanted “harder content”.

It was literally introduced because Scott said he wanted to remove the Simulcrum because it’s all he ever sees in videos. So DE was going to add a hardmode so we have high levels in normal missions to show off weapons and stuff in.

12 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It was literally introduced because Scott said he wanted to remove the Simulcrum because it’s all he ever sees in videos. So DE was going to add a hardmode so we have high levels in normal missions to show off weapons and stuff in.

This logic is like, flawed. I can see why they are so bad in testing their own game however. Simulacrum allows players to modify their mods and test it for immediate result instead of running a 5 mins mission only to find out it doesn't do anything and fail the quest change 1 mod and run again. That's not how you do a test. It's also required for min-max players because the test environment in Simulacrum is much more controllable instead of actual mission where you can't accurately set an enemy type and their level.

I think what he meant is he don't want to see players showing a weapon in Simulacrum because normal missions can't provide an actual lvl 170 bombard to show how effective a weapon is. But most players with at least passable intelligence test their weapons in Simulacrum to make sure they work as intended before bringing them to a mission especially when they are meant to deal with high level enemies.

5 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

This logic is like, flawed. I can see why they are so bad in testing their own game however. Simulacrum allows players to modify their mods and test it for immediate result instead of running a 5 mins mission only to find out it doesn't do anything and fail the quest change 1 mod and run again. That's not how you do a test. It's also required for min-max players because the test environment in Simulacrum is much more controllable instead of actual mission where you can't accurately set an enemy type and their level.

I think what he meant is he don't want to see players showing a weapon in Simulacrum because normal missions can't provide an actual lvl 170 bombard to show how effective a weapon is. But most players with at least passable intelligence test their weapons in Simulacrum to make sure they work as intended before bringing them to a mission especially when they are meant to deal with high level enemies.

Hey man I never said I understood Scott’s hatred for the Simulcrum. I’m just telling everyone here how Steel Path came to be.

Archived