Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Bezerker Warframe W/ Whip

Renathy

I like how every time a female warframe is introduced the community, rather than discussing mechanics or playstyle, has a thirteen-page long discussion about exactly how big her boobies really should be. 

Sorry, I mean "muscle mass". 

I don't think anyone here mentioned her breasts being too small or too big.  This is a discussion on how scrawny she is.

Unless you're being sarcastic.

And who the hell would want a female full on body builder as frame anyway just because it's called Berserker.

Also a Berserker isn't necessarily someone who looks like a body builder on crack anyway.... someone going "Berserk" is a being that rampages around like a wild animal and not feeling any of the pain or wounds while doing so.

No-one is asking for SheHulk. People want her to look like she could actually wield the huge swords that she'll be doing in game, that's all. 

Unlike how TV shows people snapping and finding strength they never knew about adrenaline and crazy can only get you so far. Whatever the cause being pumped up (or drugged up) helps you with endurance. It helps you push through pain and work at your full potential even after you've taken some knocks. It's why Tony Romo can finish a football game with a puncture lung. People can achieve amazing things simply because they could block out the pain and keep on going.

Thing is that it can't actually make you stronger than you were before you started. If you can't physically pick up the sword, then being crazy doesn't somehow make that happen. 

There's miles of difference between wanting her to be a bodybuilder and wanting her to look like she is stronger than average. Like I've said a few times - go to the googles and look up some pictures of female soldiers and marines. They aren't body builders, but they are athletic and have muscle mass. 

I like how every time a female warframe is introduced the community, rather than discussing mechanics or playstyle, has a thirteen-page long discussion about exactly how big her boobies really should be. 

Sorry, I mean "muscle mass". 

To be honest I'm kind of impressed that an online video game community is genuinely complaining that a female is too thin. It's genuinely good that times have changed. No-one is talking about how her outward appearance or her boobs. Just that she looks way too small to have spent her life punching people to death. It turns out that spending hours on end doing heavy, physical things makes you have more muscles. Who knew?

If you all want to see a image that represents what a real Berzerker should be go here http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/Berserker?file=XCOM_Concept_Art_Piero_Macgowan_16a.jpg Talk about missing the design mark as far as the name and description that was implied. This is a Cat frame plain and simple, made for stealth and speed, this is no in your face Warframe like Rhino, very sad.

If you all want to see a image that represents what a real Berzerker should be go here http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/Berserker?file=XCOM_Concept_Art_Piero_Macgowan_16a.jpg Talk about missing the design mark as far as the name and description that was implied. This is a Cat frame plain and simple, made for stealth and speed, this is no in your face Warframe like Rhino, very sad.

There's two kinds of in-your-face Frames.

There's the tanky ones, the ones that can walk up to something else and give zero f's because he/she can tank the hits. This is Rhino.

And then there's true "berserking", which is greatly risking your well-being to inflict massive damage. Rhino doesn't fit here, because he's never really in danger, having Iron Skin and very high defensive capabilities.

Edited by Psychosist

That's just like, your opinion man. I can think of one good example of something labeled a "Berserker", and it looks nothing like that. It's more about what the frame will do, how she plays - her gameplay. 

There's two kinds of in-your-face Frames.

There's the tanky ones, the ones that can walk up to something else and give zero f's because he/she can tank the hits. This is Rhino.

And then there's true "berserking", which is greatly risking your well-being to inflict massive damage. Rhino doesn't fit here, because he's never really in danger, having Iron Skin and very high defensive capabilities.

Like what this guy said. 

Sure. Anyone and anything can go berserk regardless of how much meat they have. As I said before, you don't need to be a fantasy stereotype to fit the definition of berserk. But some people just don't like that idea... Bunch of racists.

and works himself into a rage before battle, or takes drugs to "go berserk"

Wikipedia to the rescue. These aren't facts, these are just what historians think. Take it with some salty salt.

Sure. Anyone and anything can go berserk regardless of how much meat they have. As I said before, you don't need to be a fantasy stereotype to fit the definition of berserk.

There's a massive gulf between going berserk and being a berserker. The words mean completely different things. Aside from anything else, one is an adjective and one is a noun which sounds silly to point out, but seriously the difference is important.

Any person could just go a bit nuts and start biting bits off their enemies.

Regardless of historical accuracy, being 'a berserker' means being someone who fights by driving themselves into a rage or frenzy to do it. 

In the former case it's something that is a one off, or very infrequent occurrence at most that could happen to anyone of any shape or size.

The latter is a type of person who fights for a living and uses a their rage and seemed disregard for their own safety to scare their enemies and to allow them to keep fighting in the face of injury and exhaustion. That simply cannot be someone who is small or scrawny. Even if you start out being small you won't be for long. Crazy or not, you still fight for a living. You train every day because you being as physically strong as possible makes you less likely to die. 

The current model might sometimes go a bit crazy, but she for certain is not a berserker. Jesus they may as well just call her ability 'Hissy Fit' and be done with it. 

The words mean completely different things

They do? Are you certain about that? Both berserk and berserker are literally derived from the Old Norse word berserkr.

The definition of berserk, which is already in this thread, is to be destructively or frenetically violent. One that is violent, unrestrained, frenzied, crazed, deranged. You can google if you want. You'll find both words together. Because they came from the same word. A berserker goes berserk, which means 'hamask', so why you think they mean "completely different things" is beyond my understanding.

The latter is a type of person who fights for a living and uses a their rage and seemed disregard for their own safety to scare their enemies and to allow them to keep fighting in the face of injury and exhaustion. That simply cannot be someone who is small or scrawny. Even if you start out being small you won't be for long. Crazy or not, you still fight for a living. You train every day because you being as physically strong as possible makes you less likely to die.

A berserker is a fierce warrior who fights in battle with a trance-like frenzy. Is there a reason you're &#!-pulling so much?

Oh, but here's the kicker. It doesn't matter.

Edited by FatalX7

For the sake of everybody's use when talking about the variety of bodytypes in Warframe, and how much variety there is between Males vs the variety between Females, IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm just gonna' go ahead and post this in this thread, too. And let ya'll have it.

tumblr_muy2ao0vri1r1bpfyo1_500.png

Enjoy that, and make of it what you will.

Edited by TheResult

Just looks like a very petite warframe with an Ember-like thigh addition packed onto the sides of her legs and running up to the middle of her back.

Is this supposed to be a tiny little animal with fast, vicious movements or something?

Personally, when I think "berserker" I think of a much more violent body with an insane, menacing atmosphere.

Edited by Campaigner

im actually glad we didnt just get a female rhino as far as looks go. and to those talking about her needing more muscle, what gave you the idea that the capabilities of the warframe were based on the physique of the tenno inside of it?we dont know exactly how the frames interact with the body inside for all we know this frame could be an attempt to make raw power in as compact a form as they could have. just sayin we should all try thinking outside of the box when judging and not just base it on our Earthly preconceptions,because that profiling <3

Yeah, but that matters even less. They can state their opinion however they like. It wont suddenly be fact.

It matters even less if I talk about my opinion of that opinion not being a fact, and whatever you and I are doing right now matters even less than that and this.

to those talking about her needing more muscle, what gave you the idea that the capabilities of the warframe were based on the physique of the tenno inside of it?we dont know exactly how the frames interact with the body inside for all we know this frame could be an attempt to make raw power in as compact a form as they could have. just sayin we should all try thinking outside of the box when judging and not just base it on our Earthly preconceptions,because that profiling <3

But we do know that Rhino (the toughest frame by far) is the physically largest, and that the next toughest Frost and Saryn are big by the standards of the others, what with Saryn being the tallest and Frost being much more solidly built (wider around his shoulders and legs than just a suit over the body). It makes sense that either the suits a built larger to include more power or fiber-bundles, or if the wearers are physically larger, the net result is that the toughest frames have been the strongest so far, and the least tough have been the skinny spindly ones.

It really doesn't matter if you are talking about the person or the suit since we'll never see the person and only ever see the suit with the person inside. She's going to go and smack people in the face, and should look like that's what she does.

Edit -

And FatalX7, you do know that just yelling 'IT DOESN'T MATTER' is neither productive nor funny right? If you don't care then don't post.

Edited by LostAlone