Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does saryn get hate?

(XBOX)Random Brit7900

Question

I've mained Saryn since I started playing as she was my first prime.

Play her well in modes like ESO and you'll actually get compliments and people asking for your build (in my experience). 😊

The only time i've experienced flame for playing her was an argument over how fast to go in a defence void fissure (we were on track for void traces but he wanted to go slower to be safe I guess?).

I think its best to play solo or with friends in the early game though. Frames like Saryn and Ember can clear a lot of the early missions before other players have had a chance to get the tools to compete, leaving them frustrated and feeling left out.

things I don't like about Saryn in:

Fissure mission - killing the normal enemies too quick, many times we don't have enough reactants to open relic at the end of the map. Forcing us to go far back and look for new spawns.

Survival - this do not need to be explained.

Farming - making the loots laying all around the map.

When there are 2 saryns, another one decided to spam her 4.

High level defence - Saryn shouldn't be a problem on nuking enemies, but i have seen many underpower or wrong build saryn without the capacbility to nuke enemies fast, with her spamming 4 stunning the enemies at the edge of the map.

I have no concern on any Saryn that makes a mission progress fast, because I would add myself into the formula and make the progress even faster. However, I am against whatever slowing the whole team down without self-awareness.

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Saryn doesn't tend to get much hate on higher missions, it's the lower levels making up 90% of the game where she has the potential to affect another players ability to have fun.

But please, continue to address my playstyle instead of my comment, because that's not telling at all.

Yes, but Saryn actually sux in low lvl missions cause the spores kill things, so you can't really grow them. Sure in really low lvl missions you can just spam #4. But then you can do that with everything.
The Saryn hate is just people buying into a trope without even understanding why.

Cause you wont let me get any kills lol.

Jokes aside, it might just be due to how op saryn is. My advice? Just ignore them. Its better that way.

Other reason could be due to you not playing her right (basically not following the meta). If that's the case I would just ask around for help improving your build and then testing it to master what you should do.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb DeMonkey:

As if what you wrote is relevant to what I wrote? But sure.

just because you have another opinion don't mean that what i've wrote is not related.

Zitat

Yes, a short time that starts as soon as the enemy is within range to be affected, regardless of whether the caster or anyone else can even see them yet, regularly resulting in enemies dying before they even enter line of sight.

than step out of the range? even if you are in the range: the system is not possible to kill anything without spread the spores or without calling miasma again and again (=timegaps = kills for anyone else). even than there is the choose between ability range or ability strength or survailability for a Saryn player.... so everything has drawbacks. if a Saryn infect/kills enemys out of sight, than they are low level. again - i can't see why someone use a Saryn there - but same thing would happen with a Volt or Ember on this missions. so do we have to restrict them too (again..)? Ember is already useless in higher missions because some players just did not stopped creating hate postings

Zitat

Or are we just going to pretend that walls don't exist? I don't think we've stared at enough goats yet for that to work.

i just can't see why a player has to offend against a Saryn player just because of it's frame. there is NO excuse for doing this. if you see this different than maybe you should think about it.

And again: please let me know why Saryn is hatet - other Frame which are able to kill whole maps are not. 

Another POV to the discussion:

IMHO many games are looking to be broken; i.e. find a mechanism to use the games mechanisms as efficiently as possible (this is a significant part of gaming!). If there is a build in Warframe which is OP (compared to effort), then maybe a balance patch is needed. I've never noticed a Saryn Problem, but if there is one, I don't understand any kind of hate messages, as long as the players have not cheated/hacked the game (which is a whole different subject) etc.. I've been occasionally at a mission where a single player has done something like 90+% of the damage; however, in those cases, I believe, it's because said high-level player is grinding for some mission prize on a low-level mission (which is probably the case for the lower-level players, too, so they're probably just happy someone is doing the grindy stuff for them). In any case, I don't see what the problem is; in open co-op you can change the team between every mission (and 98% of the time people do so).

Also, I've yet to encounter anything which could be interpreted as hate messages. IMHO the problem is the haters, not the build, in any case. If you don't like a team for whatever reason, just don't play with them (i.e. leave after the mission, or even during it - you're free to do so). If I'd ever encounter any hate-messages, it will most probably result in an insta-leave from the team.

Archived