Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does saryn get hate?

(XBOX)Random Brit7900

Question

4 hours ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

I run saryn quite a lot, 9/10 I’ll get a hate message. Why? 

I've always held the opinion that some players have a competitive spirit and when someone else does more kills than them, they will hate. Don't take it personally. They don't know who you are and it's really Saryn getting all the hate. They don't hate you.

There are also others who will be thankful that you are running a Saryn so they can quickly rank up their gears too. Except that there are far fewer who expresses gratitude over those who expresses hate. Probably one of the reasons why you get more hate than thanks.

7 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

if a Saryn kills everything around you, you do something really wrong... espacially on higher missions...

yup, funny, that was the exact same argument for embers world on fire, yet she got nerfed, but saryn/mesa keep their easymodes.

On 2020-08-10 at 3:04 AM, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

I run saryn quite a lot, 9/10 I’ll get a hate message. Why? 

I run Saryn and I've never gotten a "hate" message.

But baddies hate her because they think she's too powerful and she's anti-fun.
People play for different reasons, I guess. Some people play because they want to feel powerful doing things like shooting their gun or swinging their weapon. Saryn (and a lot of other frames) don't allow them to do that in starmap missions because of how she can wipe out enemies with her 1 and 4.

So, they complain when Saryn outshines them with what they feel is a "no-skill" warframe. You know, because Warframe is such a pvp centric game that they need to measure themselves against other players. <_<

Another POV to the discussion:

IMHO many games are looking to be broken; i.e. find a mechanism to use the games mechanisms as efficiently as possible (this is a significant part of gaming!). If there is a build in Warframe which is OP (compared to effort), then maybe a balance patch is needed. I've never noticed a Saryn Problem, but if there is one, I don't understand any kind of hate messages, as long as the players have not cheated/hacked the game (which is a whole different subject) etc.. I've been occasionally at a mission where a single player has done something like 90+% of the damage; however, in those cases, I believe, it's because said high-level player is grinding for some mission prize on a low-level mission (which is probably the case for the lower-level players, too, so they're probably just happy someone is doing the grindy stuff for them). In any case, I don't see what the problem is; in open co-op you can change the team between every mission (and 98% of the time people do so).

Also, I've yet to encounter anything which could be interpreted as hate messages. IMHO the problem is the haters, not the build, in any case. If you don't like a team for whatever reason, just don't play with them (i.e. leave after the mission, or even during it - you're free to do so). If I'd ever encounter any hate-messages, it will most probably result in an insta-leave from the team.

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Saryn doesn't tend to get much hate on higher missions, it's the lower levels making up 90% of the game where she has the potential to affect another players ability to have fun.

But please, continue to address my playstyle instead of my comment, because that's not telling at all.

Yes, but Saryn actually sux in low lvl missions cause the spores kill things, so you can't really grow them. Sure in really low lvl missions you can just spam #4. But then you can do that with everything.
The Saryn hate is just people buying into a trope without even understanding why.

things I don't like about Saryn in:

Fissure mission - killing the normal enemies too quick, many times we don't have enough reactants to open relic at the end of the map. Forcing us to go far back and look for new spawns.

Survival - this do not need to be explained.

Farming - making the loots laying all around the map.

When there are 2 saryns, another one decided to spam her 4.

High level defence - Saryn shouldn't be a problem on nuking enemies, but i have seen many underpower or wrong build saryn without the capacbility to nuke enemies fast, with her spamming 4 stunning the enemies at the edge of the map.

I have no concern on any Saryn that makes a mission progress fast, because I would add myself into the formula and make the progress even faster. However, I am against whatever slowing the whole team down without self-awareness.

I've mained Saryn since I started playing as she was my first prime.

Play her well in modes like ESO and you'll actually get compliments and people asking for your build (in my experience). 😊

The only time i've experienced flame for playing her was an argument over how fast to go in a defence void fissure (we were on track for void traces but he wanted to go slower to be safe I guess?).

I think its best to play solo or with friends in the early game though. Frames like Saryn and Ember can clear a lot of the early missions before other players have had a chance to get the tools to compete, leaving them frustrated and feeling left out.

En 10/8/2020 a las 14:51, Nok-Rntha dijo:

Because she and other nukeframes make the game boring
The novelty of affinity numbers spamming your screen from killed enemies wears off quickly and you start thinking "What is my purpose? Why am I even here?"

Exacty, it's frustrating, and it adds up to the pile of "why am I even playing this?"

2 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

things I don't like about Saryn in:

Fissure mission - killing the normal enemies too quick, many times we don't have enough reactants to open relic at the end of the map. Forcing us to go far back and look for new spawns.

Survival - this do not need to be explained.

Farming - making the loots laying all around the map.

When there are 2 saryns, another one decided to spam her 4.

High level defence - Saryn shouldn't be a problem on nuking enemies, but i have seen many underpower or wrong build saryn without the capacbility to nuke enemies fast, with her spamming 4 stunning the enemies at the edge of the map.

I have no concern on any Saryn that makes a mission progress fast, because I would add myself into the formula and make the progress even faster. However, I am against whatever slowing the whole team down without self-awareness.

This and the fact that its simply boring in a mission with a Saryn unless the mission requires killing quickly to complete said mission. (i.e. ESO)  I find it amusing that there is a thread devoted to the psychoanalysis of why the hatred towards players who use Saryn. It's simple and requires no thesis paper for an explanation.

Here's a scenario that might make it more apparent for those still searching for answers:
You start a mission and realize all 4 squad members have chosen Saryn to be their savior from the tyranny of Vor!
What is the first thing that comes to mind:
a)  Wow this is gonna be super fun and challenging!
b)  Dear lord I guess I'll go warm my Tito's Pizza Rolls since I'll have nothing much to do after I press my Y button.
c)  Oh no, now I'll have to work to be number 1 in kills.
d)  Abort mission because an Epiphany occurs and you realize the absurdity of having 1 Saryn in a mission, let alone 4

Personally I find anyone that plays Saryn outside of ESO as lazy, selfish and narcissistic but everyone is entitled to my opinion. So don't be surprised to be shamed and ridiculed for bringing her to a Lith Exterminate on Earth and have a MR > 2. So now go be good Tenno Team players and enjoy Warframe without the needless carnage of Saryn to stroke your Ego! Become enlightened and smell the pretty Frostleaf Flowers before the Saryn Users of the World destroy them with senseless spamming of spores!

4 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

just because you have another opinion don't mean that what i've wrote is not related.

Indeed it does, because my comment to you was "One person killing everything is not "coop"."

Timegaps and my personal playstyle aren't really relevant to that.

than step out of the range?

Thank goodness you said this, I was worried the bait might be too subtle.

If you have to step out of range in order to find kills and enjoyment in the first place, how exactly are you cooperating? You can't cooperate with someone in the next room. Not only will you be out of range of buffs and shared affinity but you'll get people boohooing about spawns.

So I'll refer you back to your own previous comment.

7 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

maybe they are not aware that this is a coop game.

Maybe you're not aware that this is a coop game (haha, funny joke), making such a suggestion.

i just can't see why a player has to offend against a Saryn player just because of it's frame. there is NO excuse for doing this. if you see this different than maybe you should think about it.

If you can find any evidence of me "offending against a Saryn player", feel free to provide it.

2 hours ago, uAir said:

I run Saryn and I've never gotten a "hate" message.

But baddies hate her because they think she's too powerful and she's anti-fun.
People play for different reasons, I guess. Some people play because they want to feel powerful doing things like shooting their gun or swinging their weapon. Saryn (and a lot of other frames) don't allow them to do that in starmap missions because of how she can wipe out enemies with her 1 and 4.

So, they complain when Saryn outshines them with what they feel is a "no-skill" warframe. You know, because Warframe is such a pvp centric game that they need to measure themselves against other players. <_<

The problem with having the Power of Sayrn is that it not used responsibly.  There is a time and place that it is appropriate and ideal to use such power.  But unfortunately the thrill of having such power, is used too often in missions where its overkill and obnoxious.  There is no need for people to bring Saryn to Hydron under the guise of "i'm doing everyone a favor  by killing everything for you" unless of course one is Leveling up Saryn.   Like I said previously, If everyone were to play Saryn in missions since she is competent at killing, how fun would it be for all participating? Yes this is a game with public matchmaking, but knowing the power of Saryn, I make a conscious decision to NOT play Saryn out of courtesy and respect for other peoples gaming experience.  It is a choice, if people choose to exercise that choice I can't stop them and thus those individuals can get hate msgs in the hopes of correcting the errors of their way. Now go do the RIGHT thing Tenno!

I'm one of the ones who really isn't concerned what other players are doing, if theres a nuker on my team, then I will just sit back have a smoke and watch the fun, sometimes assist but they rarely need it.  If thats how someone wants to play, have at it, i'm not going to stop you having fun.  I get a lot of hate playing nuke banshee too when I'm MR'ing up weapons or w/e.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb DeMonkey:

Thank goodness you said this, I was worried the bait might be too subtle.

If you have to step out of range in order to find kills and enjoyment in the first place, how exactly are you cooperating? You can't cooperate with someone in the next room. Not only will you be out of range of buffs and shared affinity but you'll get people boohooing about spawns.

So I'll refer you back to your own previous comment.

Maybe you're not aware that this is a coop game (haha, funny joke), making such a suggestion.

yeah thats funny.

sorry but warframe is a game with many options. we need frames like Saryn with area effects.

if you don't like random frames, don't use random groups. create a clan or group to play with.

or deal with what you get if you use a rng system.

Personally i hate Limbo - but i don't write any hate lines to player. i also don't repeatly posting hate posts about limbo. there are players who likes to play him. so have fun. i don't judge people for their playing.  i'll just can leave groups with a limbo if i want. 

but no, it's truelly better if we just kick the frame others like, just because some player don't like it - so kill the funny of many just to sadisfy a few. great choice... Ember (yes again) is a perfect example how you will kill a frame and the fun of many.

coop means playing together for a goal. it does not mean you need to kill as many enemys as you can. 

hace 16 horas, (XBOX)sinamanthediva dijo:

I think most would agree with you that using Saryn for ESO is appropriate and useful.  What some of us are saying is that there is a time and place that is ideal to wield that much power in a mission.  Statements like "if you don’t like leave the session" doesn't help your argument on the debate team.  It only shows your lack of sportsmanship if all you can say is too bad if you don't like it, I'm going to do what I want.  This IS a Co-op game where you should have some basic concept of being a "team player." If you don't want or need too play with other people, then why don't you play solo instead of forcing everyone else to Abort the Lith Survival on Earth because some Saryn spams her 4 and prevents everyone from obtaining enough reactant within time limit.  I don't HATE Saryn, as she is an amazing powerful Warframe.  Like it or not, Warframe is a Team based cooperative game and we as players should use good judgement when selecting a Warframe that is appropriate for the level of difficulty in the mission.  What concerns me more is having to explain the concept of being a team player and using good judgement when selecting a Warframe that is appropriate for a mission. 

tl:dr

Yes it's your option to choose whatever Warframe you want to play.
Using Saryn in every mission is your CHOICE but it doesn't make it right or ideal so that other players can participate and enjoy some Grineer killing fun too.

Saryn is my main.

in eso I play her full spores.

in other quest, especially hydron, I don’t use espores.

In general I don’t see especial abuse with saryn, and in eso I see that’s is better alone, carry other that leave out round two or killing my enemies is worse for me.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Rafa-el said:

I use saryn in eso a lot, 8 rounds and farm focus and relics.

if someone enter in my open squad, welcome.

if you are angry with my saryn, leave.

i use the best Warframe for each situation; saryn is good for eso.

I don’t understand why a person is angry with a public season with saryn, if you don’t like leave the session.

I think most would agree with you that using Saryn for ESO is appropriate and useful.  What some of us are saying is that there is a time and place that is ideal to wield that much power in a mission.  Statements like "if you don’t like leave the session" doesn't help your argument on the debate team.  It only shows your lack of sportsmanship if all you can say is too bad if you don't like it, I'm going to do what I want.  This IS a Co-op game where you should have some basic concept of being a "team player." If you don't want or need too play with other people, then why don't you play solo instead of forcing everyone else to Abort the Lith Survival on Earth because some Saryn spams her 4 and prevents everyone from obtaining enough reactant within time limit.  I don't HATE Saryn, as she is an amazing powerful Warframe.  Like it or not, Warframe is a Team based cooperative game and we as players should use good judgement when selecting a Warframe that is appropriate for the level of difficulty in the mission.  What concerns me more is having to explain the concept of being a team player and using good judgement when selecting a Warframe that is appropriate for a mission. 

Using Saryn in every mission is your CHOICE but it doesn't make it right or ideal so that other players can participate and enjoy some Grineer killing fun too.

As a Saryn main I can say that she is powerful and a little broken. But necessary in high level missions. She gets hate because she does her job well, some people see this as ruining the game for them because they cannot "play" so to speak (everything dies before they get to it). As a grinder I view her as a way to get the grind done much faster. I can see her being nerfed slightly, but if they go too far that will make her useless. I would argue that Mesa is more broken and easy to dominate with. At least with Saryn you have to set up your kills. With Mesa it is just press 4 and spin around to win. 

17 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

People like you are the reason why people don't like saryn , if you're going to do a public Match, don't kill everything and spam your first and forth over and over. Knowing you'll have others join you in public it's more of a courtesy thing not to just run through the mission spamming your saryn while doing a public Match. If you can't respect that then play solo and you can nuke maps all day. Stop using others for the extra loot drops, that's the only reason you're going public if you're so cocky and confident about your Saryn. 

On 2020-08-10 at 6:17 PM, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Personally I find anyone that plays Saryn outside of ESO as lazy, selfish and narcissistic but everyone is entitled to my opinion. So don't be surprised to be shamed and ridiculed for bringing her to a Lith Exterminate on Earth and have a MR > 2. So now go be good Tenno Team players and enjoy Warframe without the needless carnage of Saryn to stroke your Ego! Become enlightened and smell the pretty Frostleaf Flowers before the Saryn Users of the World destroy them with senseless spamming of spores!

Really loved this answer!!!
Greatness!!

Archived