Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR on kuva weapons is pointless right now. Solving it (maybe)

(NSW)Belaptir

As of today, the MR requirement for the kuva weapons is useless. Serves no purpose at all because it's not limiting its access to anyone. This leads to cases where a MR7 can have a kuva bramma and nukor and well, that's about it. They won't use any other weapon in game because... why? If you already have two of the strongest (if not the strongest at all) weapons if the game?

So what to do or how to solve it? It's should be easy: when a larva generates a weapon, make it so it will generate weapons that meet the MR requirements of the player in that game (or of the lowest MR rank player in party). It doesn't make any sense if you have the Cernos Prime locked at MR 12 when you can get a Bramma as soon as you're able to do liches (which can be very soon depending on the player). Same happens with any other weapon actually. Why should one get the Ogris at MR9 when they can have the Kuva Ogris sooner?

I'm not saying we shouldn't have strong weapons, but that it doesn't make any sense to have access to these weapons sooner than to their regular (and usually weaker) versions. The easiest way to solve this is make it so the larva can't generate a weapon that has a higher MR than the player is at that moment. If you are MR9, then your larva will generate only weapons that meet that MR requirement. I understand that there aren't weapons with a MR lower than 13, so this might need some tweaking. However, the problem of leaving this as is is that you are basically giving players a chance to not use anything aside the two or three OP kuva weapons. Why can't someone use the corinth until MR8 (or 14 for the prime) when, by the time they reach those requirements, they could already have a kuva kohm, drakgoon, brakk, etc? Wasn't the point of MR locks to not give access to too strong weapons to players that are still discovering the game?

If an MR 7 can grind Lvl 70 missions to get requiem relics, and missions of similar level to open them, and the full chart to hunt down a litch to know what to use...

I'm cool with them getting a neat gun that is going to last them. They put in the same work I did to get mine after all.

DE doesn't seem to know what progression looks like, these types of nuke/op weapons should have been locked at a higher MR.

Edit: But then again, It's all F'ed up when with just a couple of mods a weapon can get you through the whole Star Chart, MR should be the standard for progression in WF, but that train got wrecked long before it left the station.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

This leads to cases where a MR7 can have a kuva bramma and nukor and well, that's about it. They won't use any other weapon in game because... why? If you already have two of the strongest (if not the strongest at all) weapons if the game?

Cannot agree more. It's so sad that it's so true. That is a sad, pathetic, miserable simple minded meta-herd mindset that plagues most players. DE should return to the drawing board again and do something about the MR. 

High MR kuva weapons being in fact available to low MR players, who however don't really have the means to easily, quickly get them and upgrade them, and don't have much to trade, was obviously meant to boost platinum sales. And then getting as much as possible of those out of the game's economy.

Let's see :

- a good lich with one of the most popular kuva weapons, and a flashy ephemera, is about 200p. Can be traded only once.

- requiem mods can be bought for 5-10p each. Consumables.

- as these weapons are good to OP, especially at low MR, one will likely be inclined to put a 20p catalyst on them. Consumables.

- oh and they can be fully leveled 5 times each, up to lvl 40, at the cost of 5 formas! Of which you can craft... 1 per day, or buy 3 for 35p. More consumables.

- level them faster with an affinity booster! Which costs 6 to 13p per day. You get it...

So you want MR to be a strict progression, and ensure that low MR players don't get access to Kuva Exceptions that are going to be overpowered.

OK, but before doing that, you have to fix Matchmaking so that MR ranked players get matched up better.

Because having the High MR players nuke everything with a Kuva Bramma while the lower MR player has to sit and watch kinda sucks...

15 hours ago, DeccanTraps said:

If an MR 7 can grind Lvl 70 missions to get requiem relics, and missions of similar level to open them, and the full chart to hunt down a litch to know what to use...

I'm cool with them getting a neat gun that is going to last them. They put in the same work I did to get mine after all.

well said 

Archived