Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New daily standing cap can actually cost you standing

Mixnek

New daily cap for MR29 is 30250, but standing with Entrati can be only bought by 100, 500 or 1500. Even worse is it with Necraloid as in 1000, 2500 or 5000. Also all Necraloid's items cost in thousands.

So we can either loose part of the bought (traded-in) standing every time or leave it unspent, either way, what is the point?

What about it? Give them the commonest available resource and don't mind the little bit of waste. Or don't donate the last resource and lose a bit of standing. 

This already happened with Toroids, for example. Namely the Orb Mother Toroids.

Since those Necraloid resources are pretty common I don't mind throwing in one of the 1k ones, even if I waste part of it. I just want my 30.250k standing.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I just want my 30.250k standing.

this^ people  aren't gonna care too much for the math as long as they hit their cap. in another wek when even more people might be sick of the grind, there will be even more doing this.

I only use Mother Tokens for Standing anyway, and it's worth checking with Grandma every so often to see if she's converting ONLY Mother Tokens into one of her tokens. if she is, buy it, it's basically free standing.

9 hours ago, Firetempest said:

It's not the only faction in game. For the family, it just adds up that way. Waste 50 from a 100 coin that you can get almost hundreds of at a time from mother, or don't. That's still 200 more  unwasted rep than the old limit.

This change has been introduced with Entrati and Necraloid coming into the game, so it should have been considered first, don't you think? In my view, it is yet another poorly thought through decision. Supporting such poor decisions is foolish.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

What about it? Give them the commonest available resource and don't mind the little bit of waste. Or don't donate the last resource and lose a bit of standing. 

This already happened with Toroids, for example. Namely the Orb Mother Toroids.

Since those Necraloid resources are pretty common I don't mind throwing in one of the 1k ones, even if I waste part of it. I just want my 30.250k standing.

This is exactly the point. You have 2 unnecessarily bad options instead of one that would make sense. Either you throw away your resources and time invested or you don't make use of the extra standing. What good is this update for the players then?

If you like throwing your time and effort away just like that, that's fine, but don't defend such poor decisions for the sake of everyone else.

before the change the standing cap at MR 29 was 30k

so if you pay up the standing to reach 30k which is cleanly hit on every standing cap then you won't "waste" standing. In fact nothing has changed if that was the case.

if you have excess and truly wish to surpass 30k and go for that 30,250 then go ahead. But that extra 250, that's free standing everyday if you want to go above what the standing cap used to be.

10 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

this^ people  aren't gonna care too much for the math as long as they hit their cap. in another wek when even more people might be sick of the grind, there will be even more doing this.

I only use Mother Tokens for Standing anyway, and it's worth checking with Grandma every so often to see if she's converting ONLY Mother Tokens into one of her tokens. if she is, buy it, it's basically free standing.

You'd be better off saving those for the weapons if you wish to build them. Mother tokens are hard to get rid of, but seirglass shards which you need a few of are 20 grandmother tokens each

2 hours ago, disrawtomato said:

This change has been introduced with Entrati and Necraloid coming into the game, so it should have been considered first, don't you think? In my view, it is yet another poorly thought through decision. Supporting such poor decisions is foolish.

This is exactly the point. You have 2 unnecessarily bad options instead of one that would make sense. Either you throw away your resources and time invested or you don't make use of the extra standing. What good is this update for the players then?

If you like throwing your time and effort away just like that, that's fine, but don't defend such poor decisions for the sake of everyone else.

Bruh you literally get 250 more standing than before, just dont cap the 50? Wasting time and effort? What drugs are you on? You literally cannot be worse off than you were before, as your net gain is more than it was before. Can you even math?

Dunning kreguer at it's finest lmao

3 hours ago, Tonin4ABonin said:

Bruh you literally get 250 more standing than before, just dont cap the 50? Wasting time and effort? What drugs are you on? You literally cannot be worse off than you were before, as your net gain is more than it was before. Can you even math?

Dunning kreguer at it's finest lmao

The point is, that the numbers aren't in line with the new standing acquisition (100, 500, 1000, 1500 ...) as standing caps can end with 250, 750, so introducing these two things simultaneous is foolish and could be avoided. This way, some players (i.e. MR13 18250) theoretically waste half a token each day to gain max standing, as in comparison to others (i.e. MR14 19000).

It's just interesting to watch how invested some are in defending such garbage decisions and bolster themselves as smart. 

2 minutes ago, disrawtomato said:

The point is, that the numbers aren't in line with the new standing acquisition (100, 500, 1000, 1500 ...) as standing caps can end with 250, 750, so introducing these two things simultaneous is foolish and could be avoided. This way, some players (i.e. MR13 18250) theoretically waste half a token each day to gain max standing, as in comparison to others (i.e. MR14 19000).

It's just interesting to watch how invested some are in defending such garbage decisions and bolster themselves as smart. 

You say wasting as if people are literally counting every single token, and not going to be drowning in them at that MR. Please, quit making mountains out of molehills. How about complaining about actual issues, like the fact that 250 extra standing is next to nothing, and higher MR players should still get somewhat more of a boost? Or are you going to keep piddling around stupidity just to be asinine? Probably seeing as how you "weren't going to argue" anymore, yet here you are. Shrug

5 hours ago, Tonin4ABonin said:

You say wasting as if people are literally counting every single token, and not going to be drowning in them at that MR. Please, quit making mountains out of molehills. How about complaining about actual issues, like the fact that 250 extra standing is next to nothing, and higher MR players should still get somewhat more of a boost? Or are you going to keep piddling around stupidity just to be asinine? Probably seeing as how you "weren't going to argue" anymore, yet here you are. Shrug

Can't imagine jumping into threads to complain and argue with people about what complaints they should be making instead. But here you are (and in many other users topics too). Ridiculing a fair complaint just because you allegedly don't care (yet still persisting in this convo?). Must be a sad life you are living.

Anyway, the new standing cap is still wrong either way and should be revised.

11 minutes ago, disrawtomato said:

Can't imagine jumping into threads to complain and argue with people about what complaints they should be making instead. But here you are (and in many other users topics too). Ridiculing a fair complaint just because you allegedly don't care (yet still persisting in this convo?). Must be a sad life you are living.

Anyway, the new standing cap is still wrong either way and should be revised.

Ok, sure. As someone who is MR29, let's put it back to 30k. Won't bother me one bit.

Archived