Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Day 1 player, uninstalling for the first time

Berserkerkitten

38 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I really wish DE would stop introducing new content islands and maybe try to finish some of the old ones

I really wish people would stop using silly catchphrases.

HoD brought us a lot of stuff with wide ranging implications for the game. The mechs and Helminth alone represent systems that are going to permanently alter the game, Helminth in particular is heavily tied to previous parts of the game encouraging many people to revisit the content that they haven't farmed extensively or recently. The new companions are also interesting and people are already considering the undying mechanic for the new-kavat and what that's going to do to companion choices. 

I get it. You think that the term sounds cool and people who use it are all edgy and "hip with the lingo" or whatever, but sometimes you gotta come back to reality instead. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

I would like to bring up the horrible Ropalolyst mission, where you have the Lotus babbling at you the whole way to the boss encounter and to make things even worse, cluttering half of the screen with her portrait, so I can't see properly, where I'm shooting... Don't want to sound rude, but whoever thought this a good idea and approved this during the team meeting should be relocated to restroom cleaning, as they are obviously not cut out for their job. Having to re-run this recently to re-farm Wisp left me fuming after every single run. It's mindblowing to me, how stuff like that get's approved and actually makes it into the game...

Better idea. Alter their dev tools so that dialogue boxes, menus and popups appear quadruple size and stick around for several seconds after you click on them. Force them to use what they make and suddenly things will get a lot better.

1 hour ago, Marine027 said:

I fear that actually as a negative point, because then we have instead of Warframe it becomes Titanfall? Mech Warrior? This is not what i play Warframe for, i know it can be innovative but it feels way to odd. Same way with Archwing and Railjack, why should i basically "pilot" a frame to pilot something else. It feels off and splits in os many trails it lost its identity, variety is good, but to much is also not as good. DE has the main issue of not being able ot focus on anything for long.

I disagree. For one thing, Necramechs work like I've always wanted a "heavy Warframe" to work. You're never going to get a "slow" Warframe simply because they can all parkour, but this is a neat way to sidestep it. It's not perfect since Inaros, Rhino and the rest of the tanks are still tougher than the one Necramech we have without suffering the mobility downsides, but I'll take it. If you don't enjoy using Necramechs, you don't have to - same as Heavy Weapons. I'm personally of the opinion that Warframe works better as a "combined arms" game. Railjack has massive untapped potential in this regard, allowing us to bring our own firepower in addition to being a space ninja. More work needs to be done to expand its mission structure so it's not just all brainless dogfighting, but the potential is still there.

I generally don't put a lot of value in a game's "identity." You play it for what you like, you avoid what you don't like. This is how modern Live Service games go. Having more options gives the game more breadth and scope - at least if they're well-developed. And that's really DE's problem - NONE of the alternate game modes are well-developed. Archwing comes the closest because it's the oldest, but even that has four Archwings and a small handful of guns, not to mention what? 7 missions total? Everything else falls drastically behind. Railjack has one mission, K-Drives barely even count because it took two years just to let us shoot off of them and Necramechs... Well, they're basically Archwing 2.0 - a proprietary "alternate character" system with its own super-grindy mods.

I absolutely want Necramechs in all mission types because I love their gameplay. You don't have to worry about them because you won't need to use them all of a sudden.

1 hour ago, Teridax68 said:

I don't know if it's vanity projects or hype generation, but I can agree that DE has a history of making bold promises and routinely underdelivering: Kuva Liches, Railjack, and the game's "open worlds" are but among many features that failed to live up to their hype, and it makes me sad to think of how much better the game could've become if all of that time and developer work had been put into more sustainable endeavors.

Or alternately, imagine if all that development work were put into just ONE of those endeavours. Take Liches, for instance. OK, so DE kicked them out the door badly unfinished just to meet a deadline. It's not good, but it happened. So what if they'd kept working on Liches? What if they'd redesigned the guessing game into something that allows for our own deduction? What if they'd worked on more elaborate ways of choosing what weapons our Liches have? What if they'd spent time replacing the BORING GRIND gathering Murmurs with some kind of series of more directed missions? What if they'd worked to create Lich strongholds to serve as a final fight, rather than just reusing the age-old Assassin system? There's so much DE could have done with Kuva Liches, but all we ever got was a few bandaid patches and then - to quote UHF again because it keeps being relevant - we got NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Instead, we moved on. We had Railjack to worry about, then Revised patches, then Deadlock, now Deimos, then who knows what else. Yes, but "when lich"? Part of the reason we have these disconnected content islands is because DE are great at throwing down the basics of what COULD be an extensive, expansive game-wide system, then completely abandoning it for 5 years. The game's current "core content" on the Star Chart is comprised - in large part - of newer and relatively recent stuff. Disruption, for instance, is fairly young yet that exists on at least five planets or so, and I personally think it's pretty good. Arbitrations are fairly recent as well, yet those have become part of the standard content package. However, that requires modular planning and - crucially - it requires going back to old content packs and appending them with new content and overdue changes.

We didn't need three Free Roam maps when there was barely enough content to support one. Instead of slapping down more and more Free Roam maps, can we maybe go back to the old ones and give them more to do? More missions, more activities, more locations - more content. Instead, we move on to the next island. To me as a player, that feels disheartening. Even if DE release something that I just happen to really, REALLY like (say, Necramechs), any excitement I might have had is immediately tempered by two issues. First of all, it's ridiculously buggy to the point of being unplayable on release. But secondly - I just know that DE will abandon it and never go back to it. I can see it now - we'll see one more Necramech, possibly with its own weapon. We'll be lucky if they let us ride Necramechs in missions. And then... Nothing. DE will move on to the next undercooked release to be abandoned unfinished and we're never going to get more Necramechs or weapons or balance patches or Necramechs using Archwing melee or anything done to them. We'll file them under "abandoned content" like 90% of the rest of the #*!%ing game...

DE never finish anything they start, and almost never even try.

I really don't mind deimos i actually love the idea.

There was a grinner related open world, corpus related open world, a infested open world had to happen, and i'm happy it's mostly a "copy paste" in most game modes

I wouldn't be surprised if a void like open world also happens with the same concept..

My problem is if going further they keep doing the same, we already have 3 original faction open worlds, it's ok, if you make more please change things around.

but more important update the existing ones, make them more alive, make enemies more agressive if you attack them and less if you don't, make more game modes, more events, fortuna boss 3?

On 2020-08-28 at 6:22 PM, Berserkerkitten said:

And that's perfectly cool, really. People shouldn't leave in droves, just because Deimos is terrible. But for me, personally, this has been a trend for a while now. Stuff is announced, gets delayed for an eternity, then is released in as broken and bare-bones a fashion as it can possibly get. Liches were supposed to offer "endless variety", then there are exactly TWO personalities for them. Two. They're blatantly taking this feature straight from Shadow of Mordor and they could only be bothered to write and record voice lines for two different liches.

Railjack ... sigh. I'm too tired to get into this. Command Intrinsic? More than one mission type? Factions? Blah. Honestly, I don't even care anymore. 

But they just keep doing this. Announce a lot of stuff, release less than half of it, most of it is broken, some of it gets hotfixed, the rest gets to sit and collect dust. I need a break.

It all started with tennocon 2018 and continued with release of the lich content .  In some time after railjack revisited I kinda have hope because of the public test servers deimos has showened us DE still keep releasing content without any testing or process of quality assurance (I don't even think they have software engineers for working on quality assurance ) Players are more willingly to give feedback and being testers and do their testers' job for them but we didn't see any test server before Deimos and now we have this content with variety of mobile defense in nearly every bounty , force to hunt animals and that fishing mechanic again ( I mean kinda feel ok on fishing on plains of eidolon because they fit the lore of ostrons kinda even feel ok on orb valiss hunting and fishing cause hunting is optional and other than rare fish all materials are droping from chests in orb valiss but I hate the  mandatory fishing and hunting on deimoss and it doesn't even fit the all high and mighty orokin family concept) hellish drop chances on necramech mods and that one new archgun and finally bugs lots of bugs , even game breaking bugs. To my opinion comunication is the key and devs even more resposive to the reddit and social media than the official forum. Hope we will see some change on that in near future

1 hour ago, Orakan said:

It all started with tennocon 2018 and continued with release of the lich content .  In some time after railjack revisited I kinda have hope because of the public test servers deimos has showened us DE still keep releasing content without any testing or process of quality assurance (I don't even think they have software engineers for working on quality assurance ) Players are more willingly to give feedback and being testers and do their testers' job for them but we didn't see any test server before Deimos and now we have this content with variety of mobile defense in nearly every bounty , force to hunt animals and that fishing mechanic again ( I mean kinda feel ok on fishing on plains of eidolon because they fit the lore of ostrons kinda even feel ok on orb valiss hunting and fishing cause hunting is optional and other than rare fish all materials are droping from chests in orb valiss but I hate the  mandatory fishing and hunting on deimoss and it doesn't even fit the all high and mighty orokin family concept) hellish drop chances on necramech mods and that one new archgun and finally bugs lots of bugs , even game breaking bugs. To my opinion comunication is the key and devs even more resposive to the reddit and social media than the official forum. Hope we will see some change on that in near future

Yeah because we didn't all see the delay because they were testing, fixing and rebuilding right up to release. Or hear Steve talking about the list of bugs they fixed that was 3 pages long before they went live? Or because we didn't already learn that fish parts and minerals drop like candy from just running bounties? Or that we are literally able to stumble over animals to capture during bounties without touching the tranq gun, and can use Son to turn them in 10 tokens with a minimum of effort? 

Seriously. How many things do you think you can get wrong all in a single post? 

• 2 weeks later...

They've made the expected hotfixes, which is good. But there is still the issues of content being built on the foundation of the flawed core gameplay mechanics. As much as I've tried, I don't have faith in the most critical issues of this game ever being corrected, which means the cycle will continue as is.

With that said, I gave away all of my platinum and uninstalled Warframe last night. 

I'll keep an eye on updates periodically, maybe someday I'll find a reason to come back but I'm not optimistic. 

I completely get this, while I'll still probably log in a bit and I wouldn't mind open world farming activity, if they weren't made mandatory.

Honestly, I'm just feeling burned out on Warframe, where it also feels like a chore to login and then it sucks away hours, often with no progress made, due to RNG.

I just claimed the Zenith and now it'll be a year before I can claim the next weapon.

I feel like I need to wean myself off it and learn to ignore free boosters.

Archived