Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Five avichaea tags is way too friggin' many

motorfirebox

You know what, I actually really enjoy the conservation minigame. When I don't have anything else to do, I go out on the Plains or Orb Vallis and just hunt stuff, for fun. But avichaea—like the mergoo and sawgaw—are the most difficult type of hunt, and that's when the bait and pathing aren't bugged to hell and back. I've spent an hour and a half trying to get the last frickin' tag I need to rank up, and I keep getting bait locations that are so deep inside that weird cave thing that the avichaea apparently get lost along the way and never show up. 

Even if the avichaea weren't bugged, five is too many. I can't imagine how people who don't enjoy hunting are dealing with it. Reduce the number of tags and/or change the type. Oh, and maybe sometime if you get around to it fix the bugs.

23 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

Pretty sure finding these things are bugged. I keep getting the same poo to find and then when i do the call the stupid thing never shows up. 

In my experience, they all spawn near that cave thing. If it spawn outside the cave—on one of the ledges on either side—or in the short tunnel entrance, you're find. As soon as you do the call, jump in archwing and fly up, you should see the avichea flying in. But if it's actually inside the glowing cave area, forget about it.

4 hours ago, Chaemyerelis said:

Pretty sure finding these things are bugged. I keep getting the same poo to find and then when i do the call the stupid thing never shows up. 

I have to look straight up and find it is stuck in the air way above my head and the only way to get to it is Archwing. Every time. 

I can confirm that Cyloss  (are you the same person as  the youtuber CyLord?) has found a very workable method.  He found a spot where Common Aichaea is in a spawn rotation. The spot spawns dogs, cats, little shelled things, Sporule Avichaea, and then, thank God Almighty, Common Avichaea.  If you're patient, you just work through the rotations until you get CA's  once or twice, or maybe a third time.  I saw them spawn by two's and three's. 

If you do this, be prepared to play '"Snoopy and the Red Barron with the flying face grabbers. Once you come through this way consistently, the AI will ratchet up the opposition.  You'll get more face grabbers, and then a Deimos Saxum and Deimos Carnis Rex.

This is the one method I've seen that's consistent and predicable. (at least until the programmers at DE find out. )

Thank you very very much Cyloss.  I was pulling my hair out trying to rank up.

And folks, btw, I said earlier that the two Common Aichaea  I did get on my own were not saved when I signedoff  the night before. That turns out to be incorrect.  What happened is that  I was buying Son tokens and I was going too fast and accidentally bought a token that cost Common Aichaea tags.  I discovered this by accidentally doing it AGAIN.  The first time I wasn't even aware I'd done that. My apologies to the Warframe programmer and DE.

Just fly around the edges of map with the tranq gun out. Once I found out the animals spawn there, I never had to do the conservation minigame again. You dont even have to go back to Necralisk after each flyby, they just keep respawning. 

On 2020-08-31 at 2:55 PM, motorfirebox said:

Even if the avichaea weren't bugged, five is too many. I can't imagine how people who don't enjoy hunting are dealing with it. Reduce the number of tags and/or change the type. Oh, and maybe sometime if you get around to it fix the bugs.

Imo the best way to farm them is at Cerebrum Magna.

2 or 3 usually spawn there frequently, get your archwing, get on top of cerebrum magna, point your tranq towards the edge of the map and you will probably see them. If you don't, try to get away of that point for like 2 or 3 archwing blink distance (either up or towards the middle of the map) then you go back to cerebrum so map reload mobs there.

I had to keep repeating it until they spawn, it worked. Some animals seems to spawn more frequently at some spots, I could find most of them, only medjay seems to be random.

On 2020-08-31 at 5:06 PM, CarrotSalad said:

5 commons is too many for the rankup. I also enjoy conservation when its not felt like its been forced.

I acquired 12 avacheas but only 2 were of the common type needed for rankup. It left me disappointed.

You are lucky.

I spent two days trying to get the commons for rank up. I ran into everything from the son telling me to get some rest (Edit: How did I fail? I had started tracking the thing and it is very difficult to see the tracks in the grass. Did it time out? This happened again, the infested killed the target.) to tracks just disappearing. Sometimes they disappear around large rocks and reappear large distances away, like they flew up and landed again. VERY difficult to track.

The entire two days, I don't think I have seen anything BUT the common stuff. The first day Deimos was out, I saw all three types of Predacite, 2 types of Vulpaphyla.  After that first day, never saw anything but the most common type of each. That first day, they were roaming free, too. Not seeing that at all now. Edit: something was changed in there, now when you hunt, if you don't use lures, only the common spawns, if you do use lures, the rarest spawns. My new problem is getting the middle Vulpaphyla and Avichaea to spawn at all. As far as free roaming is, only the most common seems to spawn at all. I did run into the Common Avichaea free roaming, even on the ground, but very hard to see.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb XTROPrime:

I can confirm that Cyloss  (are you the same person as  the youtuber CyLord?) has found a very workable method.  He found a spot where Common Aichaea is in a spawn rotation. The spot spawns dogs, cats, little shelled things, Sporule Avichaea, and then, thank God Almighty, Common Avichaea.  If you're patient, you just work through the rotations until you get CA's  once or twice, or maybe a third time.  I saw them spawn by two's and three's. 

If you do this, be prepared to play '"Snoopy and the Red Barron with the flying face grabbers. Once you come through this way consistently, the AI will ratchet up the opposition.  You'll get more face grabbers, and then a Deimos Saxum and Deimos Carnis Rex.

This is the one method I've seen that's consistent and predicable. (at least until the programmers at DE find out. )

Thank you very very much Cyloss.  I was pulling my hair out trying to rank up.

And folks, btw, I said earlier that the two Common Aichaea  I did get on my own were not saved when I signedoff  the night before. That turns out to be incorrect.  What happened is that  I was buying Son tokens and I was going too fast and accidentally bought a token that cost Common Aichaea tags.  I discovered this by accidentally doing it AGAIN.  The first time I wasn't even aware I'd done that. My apologies to the Warframe programmer and DE.

Yes i made the vid, thank you for the nice feedback

Yes i made the vid, thank you for the nice feedback

My pleasure, Cy.  I'm thinking that you should make a new thread of your post  so the info is at the top of the thread instead of being hidden so further down. This is information that  players could really use.

On 2020-09-01 at 11:39 AM, FaridRLz said:

So you are truly asking to get everything without playing the game?

I mean, this is a mechanic since POE, what i could actually complain about is redeeming hunting tags gives waaaaaay less standing than the other 2 open worlds

No, I'm not, and I wish people would stop responding to legitimate criticism with this crap.

Avichea tags are easy enough they can spawn in groups of upto 3 in the wild and i did 2 hunts and got 5 just equip the tranq rifle it shows u all the spots BUT if u get the avichea lure and press 2 to equip it it shows u directly where to go will take u less than 15 mins to get all five even if u had to do 1 per hunt

-find the correct spot lure it out dont use pheremones

- get on arch wing and zoom straight up equip tranq rifle on arch wing and scan about for the creature

-shoot it in archwing mode then slam to the floor but not next to them or u kill it tag it 

-Profit

Archived