Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx 2.0 We Didn't See Coming? Xaku is Speed Nyx

kwlingo

21 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

with that arguement every frame is Nyx 2.0. dude.

Guess you missed the part...

23 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Note: I meant to say take speed away from Xaku's 4th.

Doesn't take much to see the same abilities, excluding Void energy. Are you missing something with the same exact abilities?

21 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

And then there's chaos, the armor strip that takes way less investment and now with helminth you can replace mind control.

Hey don't blame me, blame the Warframe community who gave her the same abilities but harder to achieve. lol I didn't contribute to any of those abilities. Blame those who gave them to Dev team to choose from. Also replacing Nyx's 3rd with Xaku's 1st  or replacing Xaku's 3rd with Nyx'1 who do you get? Almost the exact same frame both having Void energy, 100% defense strip and damage dodge chance 75%-100%. Now what can you stay?

Same exact frame with small tweaks. Like I said Vauban 1.0 vs 2.0, Ember 1.0 vs 2.0, Wukong 1.0 vs 2.0, etc..... their kits are essentially the same but with minor tweaks. If you still cannot see it, I don't know if you have the capabilities to even do so if both frame cast their abilities next to each other. lol

Just cause DE decided to add the lovely word "Void Energy" doesn't mean it a different frame kit.

Sorry if I hurt any feeling if Xuku is your main frame now.

7 hours ago, (PS4)DidacoJack said:

I can see the similarities, yes.

Still, Nyx is much "snappier" than Xaku, who needs time to set up their thing.

Also, I wouldn't even compare Nyx's ultimate with Xaku's, the latter is WAY too inconsistent to work.

Well you could call Xaku, the Moving Nyx, if you are not actively moving, her 4th wont do much but if you are from testing most of the time enemies do little to no damage. Its when you stop you're going down for the count.

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I find this somewhat Iorinc, cuz I JUST put Mind Control on Xaku, to replace his terrible "Lost" power. 

I was gonna do this for a meme build also. lol Replace Xakus 2nd ability with Nyx's Mind Control and now I can have 4 enemy units on my side. lol

You got to it before me.

2 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

I was gonna do this for a meme build also. lol Replace Xakus 2nd ability with Nyx's Mind Control and now I can have 4 enemy units on my side. lol

You got to it before me.

Mind Control, while it can be a bit stronger, is quite strong on Xaku, due to how Void Damage works, Mind Control, shoot them and all my shots hit due to the bubble and let them go to town, due to my build is aimed around Duration I have my target for some time, I MAY replace MC with maybe Breach Surge or even Revs Wave thing, so I can heal.

But I am holding off, as Xaku is getting a total kit change, due to how bad he is rn.

32 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Mind Control, while it can be a bit stronger, is quite strong on Xaku, due to how Void Damage works, Mind Control, shoot them and all my shots hit due to the bubble and let them go to town, due to my build is aimed around Duration I have my target for some time, I MAY replace MC with maybe Breach Surge or even Revs Wave thing, so I can heal.

But I am holding off, as Xaku is getting a total kit change, due to how bad he is rn.

I agree she cannot stay as the Nyx 2.0. Which will be nice since I main Nyx and don't want another frame to take her spot. But It would be nice for DE to change the augments to Xaku's (Nyx 2.0). Thus allowing us to play as old Nyx 1.0 or augmented Nyx 2.0.

I'd replace mind control also, not sure with what yet. Maybe Larval

Pillage taking 4th ability, for overbuilds because it is nice to have mind control on Ancient Healer or some heavier units. Thus making her 4th act similar but her being 100% more mobile

18 hours ago, AnimatedJester said:

Honestly if they really wanted to fix Nyx, all they need to do is:
1: Either allow her 1st ability to ensnare multiple people in an AoE or allow it to imbue your weapons and ally weapons with rad damage/ Fire Rate/ something to enhance them

2: Make her 4th ability have full free movement and instead of being a sphere, have it act more akin to Mesa's Ballistic shield with an drain on taking damage and an explosion on recast/ running out of energy much how it currently does

She was designed to play as a Psionic fighter type class but her 1 and 4 are not good fits for the pace of the game

And make the Mind Controlled enemies not relied on your host's internet but instead to client side.

2 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Im still curious why the community wanted Nyx abilities as a new frame ability?

The community threw out tons of ideas and those are the ones DE chose.

DE, apparently, wanted Xaku as another debuff/buff/control oriented frame...Xaku just stacks up poorly to the other frames in that category currently.

That category also just so happens to include Nyx...

On 2020-09-04 at 6:48 PM, kwlingo said:
  • Buffed Mind Control - "Accused" : now controlling 3
  • Buffed Psychotic Bolts - "Gaze" : a stationary duration and range of 100% defense strip with unlimited enemies effected
  • Absorb - "The Vast Untime" : Nyx's Assumulate augment but not a 100% immunity to damage but 75% dodge chance and added speeds movements
  • Chaos is similar to how Xaku steal enemy weapon to attack themselves but added void damage CC ability.
  • Accuse is not a buffed mind control, it is a weaker version of Chaos.
  • Gaze is at best a sidegrade to Psychic Bolts. Both abilities have advantages and disadvantages, Nyx's is better when you are mostly mobile, Xaku's is a abit better when you are stationary, however Xaku's is also rather clunky to use (as is everything in their kit except Xata's Whisper).
  • Absord and The Vast Untime have nothing in common, what are you talking about. One absorbs and stores all incoming damage in order to release it as an AoE, the other gives you RNG-based damage avoidance with the "exciting" side effect that spike damage can still randomly kill you.
  • As per above, Chaos is similar to and much better than Accuse, Grasp of Lohk is basically a meh disarm (long cast animation, cannot be recast for the duration, small default range), the damage from the stolen guns is so weak as to be totally irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Mephane said:
  • Accuse is not a buffed mind control, it is a weaker version of Chaos.
  • Gaze is at best a sidegrade to Psychic Bolts. Both abilities have advantages and disadvantages, Nyx's is better when you are mostly mobile, Xaku's is a abit better when you are stationary, however Xaku's is also rather clunky to use (as is everything in their kit except Xata's Whisper).
  • Absord and The Vast Untime have nothing in common, what are you talking about. One absorbs and stores all incoming damage in order to release it as an AoE, the other gives you RNG-based damage avoidance with the "exciting" side effect that spike damage can still randomly kill you.
  • As per above, Chaos is similar to and much better than Accuse, Grasp of Lohk is basically a meh disarm (long cast animation, cannot be recast for the duration, small default range), the damage from the stolen guns is so weak as to be totally irrelevant.

Accuse is like Mind control because for Chaos you create a CC with enemies attacking one another, but they "will" still attack you if you are the closest target. While Accused and Mind Control enemies can never attack you till the ability duration falls off.

And like you said Xaku's 2nd ability does weak damage aka Nyx Chaos, enemy weapons targeting themselves. Same thing they are shooting each other with their own weapons.

I guess you failed to read the augments. lol This would have make Speed Nyx aka Xaku. Seems like you missed the most important part. ahahah

And are you seriously trying to justify Xaku is different lol No one plays Nyx for her 4th unless with Assimulate. ahahah Or do you have a secrete way of buffing Nyx's 4th to be actually good? Please do tell. Let me ask you this if DE would have just made Nyx 4th faster would it be the same thing. lol Even with Assimulate you are not using the ability to store damage for release because if so you might be in for a rude awaking for damage.

You need to look at the whole picture not casting times, duration, range, ability cost, if strength effects ability, animation, and who came first or last, and etc.

If you don't see this was how Nyx 2.0 rework should have been then, even if DE made it the Nyx rework, you wouldn't believe it. Excluding Void damage. It's like people saying Trump is a greatest American President of all time. Its obvious what he is, but some people don't want to see the facts.

More importantly these two frame need  to be looked at.

Archived