Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is my Sepfahn build good?

DinosaurPepito

Question

11 answers to this question

21 hours ago, Gabrielitolema said:

The reason i didnt max the 60/60 is to have more slash proc so when viral appears it will deal extreme dmg overtime

I always use this build you have, fully-maxed and never have any problems making enemies bleed and die in two ticks or less if initial slash doesn't kill it. My main melee is a Nikana Prime though which has a higher base Slash. Thing is, your Viral proc will be pretty decent but my Nikana will Viral proc for 1k, every tick your does 100 but if you're comfortable then stay as you are :)

On 2020-09-21 at 2:10 AM, Gabrielitolema said:

The reason i didnt max the 60/60 is to have more slash proc so when viral appears it will deal extreme dmg overtime

yes, that is correct, don't max the 60/60 mods

the only thing that can make your build better is primed reach 

edit: or spring-loaded blade instead of reach, until you get primed reach (+2m range)

2 hours ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

I always use this build you have, fully-maxed and never have any problems making enemies bleed and die in two ticks or less if initial slash doesn't kill it. My main melee is a Nikana Prime though which has a higher base Slash. Thing is, your Viral proc will be pretty decent but my Nikana will Viral proc for 1k, every tick your does 100 but if you're comfortable then stay as you are :)

I know but i dont have the mastery to get the nikana prime

BTW about that Slash > Viral thing, I think it's only useful for very highly armored enemies like those steel path Grineers. And you may also want it paired with Primed Smite (Faction) for that application.

For normal usage, a Primed Fever Strike + North Wind combo will have much higher DPS.

4 hours ago, Nailclipper said:

BTW about that Slash > Viral thing, I think it's only useful for very highly armored enemies like those steel path Grineers. And you may also want it paired with Primed Smite (Faction) for that application.

For normal usage, a Primed Fever Strike + North Wind combo will have much higher DPS.

I dont really care much about normal usage because i can one shot everything thats on my level, but i want something good for high waves ESO or a long survival

On 2020-09-22 at 3:37 PM, Gabrielitolema said:

I dont really care much about normal usage because i can one shot everything thats on my level, but i want something good for high waves ESO or a long survival

your build is perfect, there is nothing to change except to switch to primed reach when you get it

edit: there is no crit/status dichotomy anymore, don't listen to the above poster; your zaw configuration is correct

I am not the best guy at doing numbers. But this is my 2 cents about max 60 mods vs r1,

Your build advantage:

Slash will proc as often as viral

If you max out 2x 60 status mods:

Viral will proc more often, faster to hit viral stack(10 stack)

Higher normal hit damage, crit damage, initial slash hit damage

Higher bleed ticking damage(from higher viral stack)

Higher status chance

Now I don't know your zaw combination, so I couldn't tell your base status chance before mod. There is another possibility that with the max 60 mods, your status will be push into another tier after Weeping stack. (ex: 200% status instead of 180%)

Also, if you are serious about doing damage. Remove Reach/Prime Reach and replace it with PPP(base damage) or faction mod, they add extra damage to bleed ticks. IMO Reach is a good QoL mod but it can be avoid if you just move 1 step closer to the target. I only use Prime Reach on spear/heavy if I want to hit multiple enemies for faster combo gain.

So personally, I wouldn't say your zaw build is "perfect." I think there are alot of stuff to be consider about gain/loss when switching out mods, but its just my opinion.

Archived