Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will PS4-PS5 switch even REQUIRE an account transfer?

(PSN)nmt140

I was wondering, since PS5 will also use our PSN accounts, will we even need to transfer saves from PS4? The reason I'm asking is because if DE does a transfer window like last time, I likely won't be able to migrate my account from PS4, even though I'm planning on getting a PS5 eventually, but not right away (about next year). I don't want to start over either, I've got too much platinum spent on my current account.

So basically, I plan on getting a PS5 late, and was wondering if I would still be able to keep my progress, based on whether there is permanent cross save or temporary cross save.

Any help or input is appreciated!

The chances of needing a transfer is 0.009. Warframe will be backwards compatibility with ps5, this is a manatory requirement of certification on ps4. A tranfer usually happens if theres a new third party company involved in the account. Or if the current account/software isnt compatible with each other.

To further the point you dont need a transfer to play on a ps4 pro, if you had a standard ps4 as the software is compatible and theres no new 3rd party company involved.

Why would it require anything? Your account resides on a server with all your stuff, not your console. You will just log in to the same server from a PS5 that's all. Not sure why people are actually worried about this.

EDIT: Hopefully DE will make a simple announcement to clear the silly misunderstandings circulating about these technical matters.

14 hours ago, (PS4)nmt140 said:

I was wondering, since PS5 will also use our PSN accounts, will we even need to transfer saves from PS4? The reason I'm asking is because if DE does a transfer window like last time, I likely won't be able to migrate my account from PS4, even though I'm planning on getting a PS5 eventually, but not right away (about next year). I don't want to start over either, I've got too much platinum spent on my current account.

So basically, I plan on getting a PS5 late, and was wondering if I would still be able to keep my progress, based on whether there is permanent cross save or temporary cross save.

Any help or input is appreciated!

Why should it? If you buy a new PS4 wouldn't you find everything still linked to your acount?  I figure you'll still be on the Sony platform, playing the same game.

• 1 month later...

Archived