Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please give the option to mute an individual persons Octavia sounds

NecroPed

There needs to be a quick accessible button to mute an individual persons octavia permanently. As it is now I have to choose between all or none. And I'd rather not have none, but if I have to risk leaving due to making my headache worse or not hear peoples creativity, I guess I wont hear another octavia again until something like this is implemented. 

I like hearing Octavias music, when people put at least some effort into making it sound alright. I don't expect everyone to be musical geniuses, but there are a lot of people with intentionally bad sounding 'music' for Octavia. I just died in an arbitration trying to turn the setting for Octavia sounds off (and then ended up leaving after 5 minutes wasting my chance at rewards for close to an hour)  because someone's Octavia literally hurt my ears and provoked my headache. When I commented on the (not opinionated) fact that their sounds were awful their response was along the lines of "youre supposed to mute octavia" and I'm not sure if this is exactly reportable but they're actively trying to ruin a feature in warframe for other people with the intention of forcing people away from it because "they're supposed to" and I personally think this type of thing should result in potential bans. 

50 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

There needs to be a quick accessible button to mute an individual persons octavia permanently. As it is now I have to choose between all or none. And I'd rather not have none, but if I have to risk leaving due to making my headache worse or not hear peoples creativity, I guess I wont hear another octavia again until something like this is implemented. 

I like hearing Octavias music, when people put at least some effort into making it sound alright. I don't expect everyone to be musical geniuses, but there are a lot of people with intentionally bad sounding 'music' for Octavia. I just died in an arbitration trying to turn the setting for Octavia sounds off (and then ended up leaving after 5 minutes wasting my chance at rewards for close to an hour)  because someone's Octavia literally hurt my ears and provoked my headache. When I commented on the (not opinionated) fact that their sounds were awful their response was along the lines of "youre supposed to mute octavia" and I'm not sure if this is exactly reportable but they're actively trying to ruin a feature in warframe for other people with the intention of forcing people away from it because "they're supposed to" and I personally think this type of thing should result in potential bans. 

Banning someone over a bad octavia song doesn't sound in the least bit... excessive on a massive scale to you? Imagine if DE banned for petty things like that. Half the game would be banned once support could catch up with all the reports. 

1 hour ago, NecroPed said:

There needs to be a quick accessible button to mute an individual persons octavia permanently.

Eh, the entry in Audio Options for "Ally Mandachord Volume" is ~accessible enough, I dare say.

I just died in an arbitration trying to turn the setting for Octavia sounds off

It shouldn't be impossible to find a spot that's safe for a few seconds.

and then ended up leaving after 5 minutes wasting my chance at rewards for close to an hour

I mean, aborting was your choice, you could've just muted your system's sound and waited for the Rotation to end.

Octavia literally hurt my ears and provoked my headache

It's not a problem many others share to that degree, and there's a solution (I still consider viable) already in place, anyway.

Honestly, if you're aware that bad sounds are Super Effective against you, then you should just keep Ally Mandachords muted, period.

they're actively trying to ruin a feature in warframe for other people with the intention of forcing people away from it

I refuse to believe that's anywhere near the truth.

Most simply want the 3 buff so they make a simple "song" that achieves that, and don't much care about the rest.

It's not malicious intent at work, at best it's lazyness / them being not musically gifted.

I personally think this type of thing should result in potential bans

lol no

15 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Banning someone over a bad octavia song doesn't sound in the least bit... excessive on a massive scale to you? Imagine if DE banned for petty things like that. Half the game would be banned once support could catch up with all the reports. 

Its not just a bad song it's a mentality that is intentionally trying to keep people from enjoying a part of a wraframes identity and features. they're literally actively trying to interfere with peoples enjoyment while also "enjoying their suffering". I'd put it under trolling and feel that any form of excessive trolling mentality justify bans.

15 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Eh, the entry in Audio Options for "Ally Mandachord Volume" is ~accessible enough, I dare say.

It shouldn't be impossible to find a spot that's safe for a few seconds.

I mean, aborting was your choice, you could've just muted your system's sound and waited for the Rotation to end.

It's not a problem many others share to that degree, and there's a solution (I still consider viable) already in place, anyway.

Honestly, if you're aware that bad sounds are Super Effective against you, then you should just keep Ally Mandachords muted, period.

I refuse to believe that's anywhere near the truth.

Most simply want the 3 buff so they make a simple "song" that achieves that, and don't much care about the rest.

It's not malicious intent at work, at best it's lazyness / them being not musically gifted.

lol no

I shouldn't have to turn a setting on and off repetitively depending on WHO i am playing with. It's going to stay off forever now and it actually annoys me quite a bit because I like hearing octavia even when the music isn't great. This is the first time its ever hurt me to listen to. ANd it was clearly done so intentionally. And was admitted to.

The fact that the only option I have is turn off all ally sounds means I never get to hear octavia again when I want to hear it just not when someone intentionally makes it sound so bad it literally hurts to listen to.

Yeah aborting was my choice beacuse I refuse to play a muted game and I refuse to play with people actively trying to cause me trouble. Im sorry but sound is a big part of games for me and other people whether you want it to be or not. That also requires me to stand up and walk to my computer as my keyboards functionality to do so doesn't work. Yeah okay my fault for having a crappy keyboard. But why does your solution have to be me doing something when theres only a handful of asshats who want to do stupid songs that literally hurt. I'm fine with a song that just doesnt' sound great but this was intentionally made to sound bad to the poinot of pushing people away from it.

A solution that literally causes me to not experience the thing I want to experience when someone isn't doing it in a way to intentionally piss people off.

Why? Why do I have to mute an entire warframes music that is tied to it's identity because few people want to intentionally annoy people and force people away from the warframes identity?

It WAS malicious because the person OPENLY ADMITTED to that.

I literally said in my OP I don't care about bad songs, I don't care if youre not a musical genius. IT IS ABOUT INTENTIONALLY BAD SONGS MADE TO FORCE YOU TO MUTE OCTAVIA. If you don't' see that as a problem I'm sorry you don't appreciate that part of warframe because some people do.

or you could have simply decreased or even muted your tv sound or computer sound  i guess if it was that unbearable and then after your mission,  in the menu : turn off octavia song.
i mean music is something very specific to people , one music could be nice to someone and horrible to someone else even if that one might have been on purpose (i emphasize on might),  in most cases no one has the right to report  / insult etc... someone simply because he don't like his looks or the octavia's song or anything personal related so.... if you think you have that kind of right because...well no reason but still think you have well.... don't play in public i guess ?
well nothing you can do about it, just deal with it for the time of a mission i guess , shouldn't be too hard you are an adult and it should be a very very rare occurence , i dare say it might be the first time it happened to you , so i don't think it would even justify such a topic and angry rant.

as for trolling in itself , it's still way less annoying than "trolling limbo" in my opinion by very very FAR, at least the song doesn't stop you potentially from playing the game and some people might actually like it. (the song)

59 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

ANd it was clearly done so intentionally. And was admitted to.

Are you getting this from what you've mentioned in the OP, or was there actually a proper
"yeah I made this song specifically to ruin people's enjoyment of the game" statement you left out?

Because, if you're basing your views of other players solely on the interactions you shared with us,
then that's one friggin' MASSIVE overreaction / misunderstanding, I certainly didn't get any malice out of that.

...windows sound mixer settings and there choose to mute the game...voilà!

or just turn off the speakers/headset until the end of the mission.

if you really so concerned about other players octavia, then why not about every other ones frame abilities, audio and visual alike, too?

On 2020-09-27 at 6:59 AM, fr4gb4ll said:

...windows sound mixer settings and there choose to mute the game...voilà!

or just turn off the speakers/headset until the end of the mission.

if you really so concerned about other players octavia, then why not about every other ones frame abilities, audio and visual alike, too?

Because its not the core functionality or sounds that are the problem. It is people actively trying to make harsh sounds that are intended to hurt peoples ears or push them away from hearing all Octavia's. I am completely content with octavias having bad songs. But it should not hurt my head or ears to be around. I should not have to mute my entire game. I should note have to mute an entire warframes abilities. I should not have to sacrifice hearing anything because of one individual. I should not have to change my settings because individuals are actively ruining a feature. It is VERY SPECIFIC PEOPLE WHO ACTIVELY  MAKE HARSH SOUNDS THAT ARE NOT PLEASANT TO HEAR. This is the FIRST octavia that's ever caused me problems in my entire time playing warframe. And I'm sorry but that's not a solution. 

On 2020-09-26 at 9:28 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Are you getting this from what you've mentioned in the OP, or was there actually a proper
"yeah I made this song specifically to ruin people's enjoyment of the game" statement you left out?

Because, if you're basing your views of other players solely on the interactions you shared with us,
then that's one friggin' MASSIVE overreaction / misunderstanding, I certainly didn't get any malice out of that.

They LITERALLY said they made it for that purpose after I mentioned it hurt. And that I am "Supposed to mute octavia" - this right here tells me they are actively pushing people away from hearing octavia in general. Which is not okay. And to quote them they "enjoyed my suffering"

On 2020-09-26 at 8:43 AM, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

or you could have simply decreased or even muted your tv sound or computer sound  i guess if it was that unbearable and then after your mission,  in the menu : turn off octavia song.
i mean music is something very specific to people , one music could be nice to someone and horrible to someone else even if that one might have been on purpose (i emphasize on might),  in most cases no one has the right to report  / insult etc... someone simply because he don't like his looks or the octavia's song or anything personal related so.... if you think you have that kind of right because...well no reason but still think you have well.... don't play in public i guess ?
well nothing you can do about it, just deal with it for the time of a mission i guess , shouldn't be too hard you are an adult and it should be a very very rare occurence , i dare say it might be the first time it happened to you , so i don't think it would even justify such a topic and angry rant.

as for trolling in itself , it's still way less annoying than "trolling limbo" in my opinion by very very FAR, at least the song doesn't stop you potentially from playing the game and some people might actually like it. (the song)

I already have my TV considerably low. NOTHING ELSE IN THE GAME IS AT ALL CLOSE TO A PROBLEM. This INDIVIDUAL OCTAVIA was the FIRST and ONLY time I've ever had this problem. But it was bad enough for me to justify this post because I am still suffering from the headache that this caused days later. 

I'm aware of how people have different tastes. But this was NOT music. This was not PLEASANT. And this is coming from someone who has actively listened to the grindcore genre as well as genres substantially harsher to listen to (look it up and tell me I can't handle some harsh noise). But they admitted that their sound was supposed to hurt, it was supposed to make me mute octavia, I say this with absolute certainty: It was NOT a song. It was nothing BUT harsh repetitive noise.

Yeah I'm an adult with health problems that are being aggravated by other players who are actively trying to make a feature less enjoyable for people. I'm sorry but I disagree about limbo being worse. Limbo has NEVER caused me to sufffer physically. EVER. 

It's a simple fix that doesn't effect anyone who for some reason disagrees that this is a good idea. This idea does nothing but help prevent this from happening to people. So I have this question to you all why should this not happen? (Taking the commemnt about potential bans aside as that was more about griefing/trolling than the sounds itself) 

On 2020-09-25 at 6:28 PM, NinjaZeku said:

Only ones I personally hate are the noise ones. No rhythm at all, just endless noise. Which if DE didn’t force you to do stupid stuff like squatting with the rhythm, then players would be less inclined to make such noises. Why not just squat a specific number instead? Having endless noise gives you endless chances to actually pull off the real abilities behind the “music”. 

Also be nice if they added Shwazin sound effects to her kit so you can enjoy the guitar music without leaving yourself vulnerable. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Why not just squat a specific number instead? Having endless noise gives you endless chances to actually pull off the real abilities behind the “music”. 

My best guess why they made it rhythm based is so that players could opt out of buffs they didn't want. For example if I'm using a frame that relies on hunter adrenaline to keep my energy at reasonable levels, I wouldn't want forced stealth interfering with my game play. ( currently even sliding counts as a crouch for Octavia songs so I'd be locked out of doing some parkour manuvers whenever Octavia played a song all because I didn't want to go invisible.)

Also I'm guessing some players don't know that having less notes per song quadrant means that each action gives you more % towards the buff. For example

12 notes in a quadrant = 12% towards a buff per action

3 notes in a quadrant = 48% towards a buff per action

13 hours ago, NecroPed said:

Because its not the core functionality or sounds that are the problem. It is people actively trying to make harsh sounds that are intended to hurt peoples ears or push them away from hearing all Octavia's. I am completely content with octavias having bad songs. But it should not hurt my head or ears to be around. I should not have to mute my entire game. I should note have to mute an entire warframes abilities. I should not have to sacrifice hearing anything because of one individual. I should not have to change my settings because individuals are actively ruining a feature. It is VERY SPECIFIC PEOPLE WHO ACTIVELY  MAKE HARSH SOUNDS THAT ARE NOT PLEASANT TO HEAR. This is the FIRST octavia that's ever caused me problems in my entire time playing warframe. And I'm sorry but that's not a solution. 

beside me being sarcastical (for i'm sure you'd have known this way of getting rid of the sound altogether) you really exaggerate your problem. even the worst possible sound you can do with octavia (and i have heard many of them) aren't even half as ear-crushing as the usual cacophony of FX in the game during a major fight (sounds and visual alike) thus turning the sound off is actually a solution, one that i have done long ago - i only turn the sound on when new contend is released and when i have to do a lua rescue... maybe disruption mission sometimes, but i sure can deal with them even muted.

oh, and those 'specific' people you mentioned are more likely those who found out (or thought they did) that a certain kind of combination used in the 'creation' leads to better usability of octavias skill in question... it's debatable imo, but yes, the plesantness of the sound leave a lot to be desired... ofc, those people can 'turn off' their sound creation via options, but since most people are to dim to ever go through their settings (or to read about what's what somewhere else) and furthermore the 'on' state seems to be still the game default, most of them leave the music on. ofc, it might also be that they actually like the sound thenself and think others do too... a fairly often done mistake by humans to think that only their own preferences are the right ones... does that sound familiar to you?

Archived