Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Ruins Fissure Missions

voxdoom

Hey, Mirage players.  Please, please stop killing everything within milliseconds of it appearing in a Defense fissure mission.  Please.  Especially after you've been told why.

I literally just went two missions with Mirage players nuking everything and we failed to crack the relic both times.  Left the first game because screw that noise, then couldn't believe that it happened again.  Thankfully the Mirage left that one so we actually got something from it in the second round.

Especially after you've been told why.

I'm still ignorant, so I usually play solo. But can you explain why?  Might help. Don't relics crack open when you get ten Reactants? And don't you get Reactants by killing Corrupted that appear?  So, what's the problem.

7 minutes ago, XTROPrime said:

I'm still ignorant, so I usually play solo. But can you explain why?  Might help. Don't relics crack open when you get ten Reactants? And don't you get Reactants by killing Corrupted that appear?  So, what's the problem.

killing too fast for things to become corrupted.

2 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

killing too fast for things to become corrupted.

Exactly this.  The enemies appear and die, they don't get chance to become corrupted.  I did explain this but both Mirages kept nuking.  We ended the first one with 5 reactant and the second one with 8, very frustrating.

I rarely see players being this almost purposefully stupid, but it happens. 

I remember a recent game with an equinox on a mobile defense fissure. 

It was a really low level mission and dayquinox had maim on... 

I politely mentioned what equinox was doing and asked him/her to stop, so we  could all open our relics. 

He just kept maim on... I just left, wasn't going to deal with that. and it was already halfway through the second console and I think the whole team had like 1-2 each at best. Some players are just not smart, ask em nicely explain why and if they still don't get it just move on. They are literally hurting themselves as they will slow down cracking their own relic when they reach the end of the mission. 

This has been a topic with Synoid Simulor, Ember, Maiming Strike, Scoliac, Nuke Trin, etc etc.

The problem is mission design and matchmaking, not the Warframe. Reactant is bad. Waiting for enemies to change state is also bad. Fissures are absolutely poorly designed, and the abysmally low level doesn't help as it allows almost anything with high range to "nuke". If players are in an exterminate or defense at level 20 for the 300th+ time, of course these players will bring things to blitz mission types.

This is a problem with the reactant system itself. Theres numerous threads about having too little reactant dropping but the mechanic has remained more or less the same for years. 

They should either increase the amount of reactant dropping in certain missions, or allow ALL enemies to drop it, or change the system completely. Its quite ridiculous that we have to keep slowing down the gameplay in fissures because of this design, and new players cause problems here constantly too. 

Archived