The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make mining rewards pop up in the corner of the screen

freeformline

When you finish a mining mini-game, the mineral reward pops up in the middle of your screen, briefly preventing the display of target dots on other ore veins. This is fine when ore veins are far away from each other, but they force you to wait a few seconds after each successful ore extraction when farming clusters of close-together ore veins, which annoyingly slows down what should otherwise be efficient mining. Displaying mining rewards as corner pop-ups, like those used for Argon Crystals, and removing the brief delay in target dot display would make mining in ore-rich caves and other hot spots considerably smoother and more satisfying than it currently is.

While I understand the problem, there is however another problem with having is appear in the corner of the screen.

Its the same problem that people had with railjack. They couldn't read the chat because of the constant popup message.

Why not make it appear on the bottom of the screen, not the usual way, but the icons appearing the same way as it would at the middle?

the corner of screen banner is slow too, you wouldn't get any less screen spam from it.

it would be less in the way, but the Bounty type Banner could just overall be less intrusive. >.>
since it's intrusive anytime it shows up, due to the size.

the game wanting you to wait before continuing for some reason is also intrusive, yes.

There are many things popping up over other things now that are really starting to get in the way. Mining UI popups delaying the next seam hotpoints, checking your murmur progress after a lich mission only to find the usual lich face popup obscuring the progress image, steel path voiceovers talking over the regular mission-complete voiceovers.

I know things aren't as easy as when devs could all work in a studio, but there are way too many things building up on top of the usual bugs.

Another issue would be the camera and controls getting stolen whenever you do fishing or conservation. I have no idea why the game feels the need to break the game flow and make you stand there like a statue getting shot at whenever you haul up some useless trash fish or find your 9001st vizier predasite, but it's REALLY annoying.

13 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

While I understand the problem, there is however another problem with having is appear in the corner of the screen.

Its the same problem that people had with railjack. They couldn't read the chat because of the constant popup message.

Why not make it appear on the bottom of the screen, not the usual way, but the icons appearing the same way as it would at the middle?

you can move the chat if this is a problem

12 hours ago, taiiat said:

the corner of screen banner is slow too, you wouldn't get any less screen spam from it.

it would be less in the way, but the Bounty type Banner could just overall be less intrusive. >.>
since it's intrusive anytime it shows up, due to the size.

the game wanting you to wait before continuing for some reason is also intrusive, yes.

I think the main goal is not to get less spam necessarily but to not have to wait out the banner to continue mining. I can't play eidolons due to health issues so my only way to level quills is through converting intact sentient shards up to the next level and trading them in, this means a metric butt-ton of sentirum and nyth. Let me tell you I have words the likes of which I cannot share on this forum about the slowdowns in mining due to that stupid item banner. The worst part? the gems you picked up still scroll on the bottom of the screen like any other loot, you don't even need the banner.

So yeah, 100% agree the bounty banner needs to be less intrusive it's a big ugly blotch in the top middle of the screen and it's at its worst with mining where it slows down the entire process.

2 hours ago, Drasiel said:

So yeah, 100% agree the bounty banner needs to be less intrusive it's a big ugly blotch in the top middle of the screen and it's at its worst with mining where it slows down the entire process.

i just see making the Bounty type banner better overall is more desirable because it benefits several branches of the game simultaneously, so better ROI.

• 2 months later...

back when i played WoW they had add-ons you could download for a host of quality of life features, one even for UI, it allowed you to select everything and move, size or reshape everything that was stationary or popped up, i think warframe could benefit from this.

maybe its already out there and i just havent seen it yet.

but having addons like that would make problems like not being able to continue mining because they forced a pop up right in front of where you need to look and made it stop the function of seeing/interacting with the nodes.

Archived