Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack = Failjack. Ideas to keep the game-mode from becoming 'conclave & lunaro'

Shemarria

When Railjack was announced, Void, 3.5 years ago?  That long?  The hype was real and the excitement was an almost physical force.
FFWRD to last year.  Buggy design, punishing bullt-sponge-one-shotting-enemies, and just ONE mission type.  ONE.
The rework.  Okay not bad, but we still do not have our command intrinsics after almost 2 years.  We still only have 'skirmish' and only Grineer (or sentient ground fighting IF anyone bothers to do anomaly missions).  Also; it is a content island.  NO as in NONE of the integration with the rest of the game.  This is painful especially when Nightwave has TWO mission types that REQUIRE doing railjack and no one and I do mean NO ONE is on any of the mission nodes.

A couple of suggestions.

1) New mission type(s): Start with 'Blockade run'; The railjack has to punch through a star-map node's defenses to open up a ground mission (such as sabotage or capture or rescue) then the team must get back to the landing site and re-board the Railjack and do an run to a jump point in same tile-set as the approach, but with more aggressive crewship & fighter response.

'Capital punishment': Like the reveal of Railjack and squad-link, have the ship & crew deal with a G'neer or corpus capital ship, but allow for Railjack weaponry to actually have an effect of said enemy vessel.  Even if the tenno corvette can't destroy the faction's battleship, at least have some reaction to those doing the interior tile-set mission.  This scenario doesn't even require squad-link.
P.S.: as a side thought; how about raids against the Formorians?  Like break the defenses but attack the interior?

'Interesting point(s): More "Points of Interest" with better loot than just the prisma-spectra.  How-about Umbra forma BP's?  Or -gasp- stance and aura mod BPs?  Trust me; you'll have players running the RNG blockade like Admiral Ackbar against D-Star 2.

2) More interactivity / inclusion: 

• Allow for Tenno to decorate their Railjack interiors.
  • Different Artillery weapons aside from the base-level multibeam.  Where's the Helix-Blaster?  Where's the Haddo-Ho?!  The mega-beam slicer?
  • Have animation where an entire team can land their host's Railjack at an open-world landing strip (and take off frome same), and allow our jacks to dock at Relays.

I know the DE-Team has been working on new RJ stuff with the corpus; it's about time to include them and more mission nodes / types.
I LOVE the concept of Railjack, but it needs to be expanded...BIG time.

All that said; [DE] Keep the faith, stay safe and always keep your Skanna sharp!

Railjack came out Dec. 13th, 2019, so it hasn't even been a full year since release. That said, command intrinsics are still nowhere to be found, nor is the mission type shown in the Fortuna gameplay at Tennocon.

Still no real ETA on the next Railjack update which will feature Corpus stuff either. I'm a fan of Railjack but have lost the drive to farm for the last things I want long ago.

3 hours ago, Dauggie said:

chill the mode is not that dead, it will come back to life when they implement kuva lich system in it. it will be more like a chore but still not dead, atleast

Man I admire your optimism. And it's a game. Nothing, literally NOTHING should be a "chore." I'm not playing Animal Crossing when I login to Warframe, I'm playing Warframe. Quick join, fast action, shoot-'em-up Warframe with a ton of customization options for exactly what flavor of massacre I wish to inflict. And on console, yes, it's that dead. You can click "join any crew" on any of the whopping three planets, but you'll often get "no squad found." Unless you actively get a crew together, this is basically a wall of nothing for you to play with, and outside of the Pennant, Quellor, Shedu, and maybe a couple of mods, there's nothing in this mode that can be used literally anywhere else. And with a single gametype that has a single, minor change to it (once you get to a certain stage, you actually have to have someone get out of the ship and push a few buttons on an asteroid), there's very little incentive to keep going.

It doesn't help that the Railjack component of Scarlet Spear barely involved the Railjack.

13 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

I will play RJ when it is less painful to solo. WF is not an MMO. Mandatory group coordination in this game is a square peg in a round hole.

It isn't actually that hard solo. They key is to stay in Earth Proxima until you have your gear maxed for that area and your intrinsics up and then move on. Rinse and repeat.

9 hours ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

Man I admire your optimism. And it's a game. Nothing, literally NOTHING should be a "chore." I'm not playing Animal Crossing when I login to Warframe, I'm playing Warframe. Quick join, fast action, shoot-'em-up Warframe with a ton of customization options for exactly what flavor of massacre I wish to inflict. And on console, yes, it's that dead. You can click "join any crew" on any of the whopping three planets, but you'll often get "no squad found." Unless you actively get a crew together, this is basically a wall of nothing for you to play with, and outside of the Pennant, Quellor, Shedu, and maybe a couple of mods, there's nothing in this mode that can be used literally anywhere else. And with a single gametype that has a single, minor change to it (once you get to a certain stage, you actually have to have someone get out of the ship and push a few buttons on an asteroid), there's very little incentive to keep going.

It doesn't help that the Railjack component of Scarlet Spear barely involved the Railjack.

The reason the nodes are dead is because everyone who had any interest in Railjack has completed it all. Once you have maxed intrinsics/gear and got the weapons there is literally nothing left to play for. Umbra Forma was the last reward you could grind for but once that was taken out there is no point. I only use it to level weapons that are just too painful to use normally (solo player so no dull Hydron for me).

I know this won't be particularly helpful, but that's exactly what Railjack was for me: Liches/Conclave/Lunaro/Frame Fighter/Arbitrations/Raids. A gimmick. A toy/side project that the Warframe team was really excited about for a short time but then got distracted. They then channeled their passion into a different project, all but abandoning it. Not that I think DE is finished with Railjack... but personally, I don't care enough about it as a game mode to keep posted on it until an update for it comes out. There are other projects that I wish they would work on instead, Liches being the primary one. I mean, they still only have two personalities, for god's sake!

You (the OP) made an extremely good point, though... Empyrean or whatever they call it is a content lockup. It's a content island. While some materials are required from outside missions, nothing within Railjack really affects anything except the weapons that you get... from Railjack. You use the Railjack resources to improve your Railjack weapons and that's pretty much it. Once I got the Pennant and the next stage of The New War, I had no need to proceed further with Railjack and the rest of my gameplay was unaffected. I actually regret sinking so many resources into building my Railjack (though it was very kind of DE to refund half of it later), because I could just use my friend's Railjack and playing solo is all but not an option.

Archived