Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment Mod for Ensnare Discussion

(XBOX)RAG is NAROK

As the title suggests, I would like to discuss how a potential augment mod might work for Khora's Ensnare ability. We already have both Equinox's and Baruuk's "sleep" abilities have cloned augment mods so I am hoping we will have an augment mod for Ensnare that changes things up a little.

Maybe an armor decrease on Ensnared enemies or perhaps Khora (or the warframe that has this ability though Helminth) gains an armor increase for enemies that are ensnared (there would probably be a maximum number of stacks, like 5 or something).

What do you all think?  

5 hours ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

What do you all think?  

It sounds relatively pointless for most content. Decreasing armour only matters when the enemies are a high enough level to not instantly die to Khora's other abilities/weapons etc. Increasing your own armour might work, but it still feels a little pointless. The augment for Baruuk/Equinox obviously wont work with Ensnare as it already has a similar functionality.

I'd probably just make the augment deal damage. It can deal slash damage each second (or whatever element the energy colour corresponds to).

4 minutes ago, FireSegment said:

may be a "kill enemy with her 1st have a chance to randomly recast ensnare to an enemy within LoS" augment might work

but yeah that is just copy banshee augment

Ensnare kind of already works like that though. 

Quoted from wiki

Ability Synergy: Ensnared enemies receive 200% damage from  Whipclaw and Venari. Additionally, ensnared enemies hit by Whipclaw will propagate again to pull in new enemies.

Whipclaw propagation refresh is considered as a new instance of Ensnare, therefore it will affect enemies freed from a previous cast.

Just now, Berzerkules said:

Ensnare kind of already works like that though. 

Quoted from wiki

Ability Synergy: Ensnared enemies receive 200% damage from  Whipclaw and Venari. Additionally, ensnared enemies hit by Whipclaw will propagate again to pull in new enemies.

Whipclaw propagation refresh is considered as a new instance of Ensnare, therefore it will affect enemies freed from a previous cast.

oh ... so clearly DE should remove that really good effect from the base skill and make an augment out of it duh......

seriously though, i rarely see it pull new enemy in unless the guy need to survive the whip for it to keep pulling

Augment: Ensnare now provides a protective barrier around all nearby defense objectives and allies (50% damage reduction, longer duration). Can no longer be casted on enemies.

Imagine seeing a Rescue target running in a cocoon of chains!

Archived