Jump to content
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition: Nora's Identity.


Hi.Im.Limbo

Recommended Posts

On 2020-10-28 at 12:36 PM, Hi.Im.Limbo said:

For all the players who have finished glassmaker chapter 5, can we get to see Nora's full face for future nightwave missions instead half of her face?

It's a reference to the 1979 film "The Warriors", changing that would maess with the intended aesthetic.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Wouldn't mind a toggle for it to anyone who beat nihil

I back up this. A toggle to see Nora face would be welcomed for those who finished ep5 of Glassmaker, well, for those who actually appreciate it. As you can see, there are a few people in this thread who would rather play the game without transmissions or any sound at all cause "it is too annoying"

2 hours ago, Alpha56 said:

Nora need to go for good.

I can't stand her, to be fair, i never liked her to begin with.

She feel out of place in this game, because she have too much political connotations in her voice.

Annoying character that need to go.

Son, I'm afraid that she is here to stay. For good. Well, some people cannot appreciate a good narrator i guess. At least Ordis is not all i hear anymore when in my Orbiter. Is either Ordis, the random transmissions from grineer, corpus and other people, Holo Lotus reminding me for the million time that Chaos Is Spreading, and the nice voice lines of Nora.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alpha56 said:

Nora need to go for good.

I can't stand her, to be fair, i never liked her to begin with.

She feel out of place in this game, because she have too much political connotations in her voice.

Annoying character that need to go.

What? How?? What's  "political connotations"? What policies do you think she's advocating for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, I don't see why they revealed her face at all other than for dramatic shock value. Nora Night as a character is more along a "voice for the destitute of the origin system" kind of vibe. It's what Nora says to the people that is important, so what's the point in knowing what she looks like other than for a dramatic reveal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GarbageGamer290 said:

Honestly, I don't see why they revealed her face at all other than for dramatic shock value. Nora Night as a character is more along a "voice for the destitute of the origin system" kind of vibe. It's what Nora says to the people that is important, so what's the point in knowing what she looks like other than for a dramatic reveal.

The point is, that we all wanted to know how she looks like. That's it.

Same with the Lotuts, and through the magic of glitches, we were able to see her face some time ago.

Next on the list is Maroo and Teshin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yakhul said:

The point is, that we all wanted to know how she looks like. That's it.

Same with the Lotuts, and through the magic of glitches, we were able to see her face some time ago.

Nest on the list is Maroo and Teshin.

That's true, but wouldn't it be more interesting if we had more characterization for Nora rather than a face reveal. That happened a good bit for this Nightwave overall (I hate the ending, Nora just suddenly hit's a level of smug that goes a bit too far for me). With glassmaker we get a good amount of insight on the kind of life Nora lives. She looks into dangerous things for the sake of the system and not herself, even going against an orokin with the ability to kill her no matter where she goes in order to report what's happening.

Basically, I'm one that thinks the character is more interesting then their face, but that's just me and you getting to know what she looks like is overall harmless to the character.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@GarbageGamer290Nora is a Space Pirate. She has to have smug, a lot of it. Plus, Nora is THE ONLY and i mean it, THE ONLY CHARACTER IN GAME that has Strong Language, and is not censored by the word filter. Not even Red Text can say the things Nora say without getting censored by the chat filter.

And i do like me some strong language to go with a smug character like Nora.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yakhul said:

@GarbageGamer290Nora is a Space Pirate. She has to have smug, a lot of it. Plus, Nora is THE ONLY and i mean it, THE ONLY CHARACTER IN GAME that has Strong Language, and is not censored by the word filter. Not even Red Text can say the things Nora say without getting censored by the chat filter.

And i do like me some strong language to go with a smug character like Nora.

I do understand liking the smug side that Nora has and expresses in small amounts, I do, but the problem from a writing side is that Nora's personality just has a switch flipped and then it's smug overload. It would be fine if it were a more gradual characterization... but it isn't and it feels jarring to me personally. As I've thought on it more it's ok in terms of character but it personally rubs me the wrong way.

Also, voice actors aren't limited by chat restrictions like players are and there are other cases of swearing in quests. I believe the operator says "What the hell was that," at some point.

And you can turn off the profanity filter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What? How?? What's  "political connotations"? What policies do you think she's advocating for?

No, you shrimp! He meant not what she SAYS! Its what she SOUNDS LIKE!

She sounds like a---!!

%$TY#@&#U#YT56)8¨*(*&*&¨%¨$!!!

*user has been tackled by cats and is currently unavalible*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...