Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should we kill grineer for sport?

Just now, Prexades said:

When your employment agency offers you a job on something called 'Death Star' it is a good idea to decline their offer.

I mean, the Republic and Jedi used 'Star Destroyers'. So it's not exactly like grim names are exactly out of the question for the (relatively) good guys.

Of course. For the ecological balance of the Origin system, all actors within need a population limiting element. And in the end, that job primarily falls to the Tenno. No harm in having a bit of fun when getting the job done, now is there? 

Also for a bit of tangential musing material there's also a small, maybe non-canon bit of lore about Grineer that has been "implied" if nothing else. And that is that not everyone in the Grineer empire is a grineer clone. Basically giving the word "grineer" two meanings when addressing someone. It can mean that they are clones of the grineer variety. And that can also mean citizenship in that you are Grineer but not through cloning. Also, I believe there are hints of Corpus using cloning. If that is true, we don't call cloned corpus crewmen "grineer". Despite them being genetically engineered (get it? gen engineered, grineer)

There are two bits of lore that pop to mind that at the least let me imagine this. One is the Guardsman lore bit from Simaris I believe where after betraying a fellow Orokin, Sectarus Bilsa is directly referenced as being Grineer. "You not need them. You Grineer now." From an Orokin era grineer to an Orokin born. Second are the Kavor defectors. If I am not mistaken they reference themselves or are referenced in the original quest where that gamemode was introduced as "not grineer anymore". Same could be argued with Steel Meridian. 

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I mean...

yeah.

It's a common meme in the Star Wars community that 'the Empire did nothing wrong' and to point out that it wasn't just stormtroopers on the Death Star, but maintainance crews and other civilians.

Wasn't the Emperor using Battle Meditation on them? Kinda means that while they may not have wanted to fight of their own free will, at the time they could have all been effectively considered a part of the armed forces arrayed against the Rebels.....

The point is we kill Grineer not because they are clone or we are some kind of racist against Grineer; we kill Grineer because they are the threat against the humanity.

But as someone already said some Grineers are cease to follow such atrocity and we welcome them as our men instead of aim the gunpoint. The difference is behavor. As long as they are not the wicked goon, we don't have much reason to kill them.

11 hours ago, Prexades said:

When your employment agency offers you a job on something called 'Death Star' it is a good idea to decline their offer.

Hah! When the job offer is that you do as you are told or you and your family get executed, declining isn't really an option. Is that how the empire operated? I don't know and i don't really care, but that is what the rebels say they did after they win. Of course, most stories just explicitly state that, yes, they did all that, and worse, so they are pure evil, which means bombs away. Sacrifices are necessary for FREEDOM! Cue propaganda and all that rot.

Would be nice that story writers would spend some time thinking about the obvious repercussions, but the faceless mooks aren't really people, they don't have family, they don't have dreams and they are there just to show how amazingly skilled the heros are as they slaughter them without a spec of mercy while spewing some one liners. It's easier to sell it to children when the need for thinking is removed for the benefit of the consumer.

I don't really care about it, i just think the fact that heros can do no wrong and never have to answer for their indifference while they pretend to be the good guys is stupid and should come to bite them in the ass.

Archived