Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't kill Aegis Storm.

FulfillMyWill

Oh. What a shame. 

Guess I'll go play my unaltered infinite duration Haven+Storm Hildryn.

Did no-one notice or care enough about her exalted weapon to use its Augment?

For reference, that Augment works on AoE.

Meaning a fully charged shot that hits a mob directly will regen shields based on every mob the splash hits afterwards.

With proper modding a fully charged shot on a single target will regen more shield than it costs to shoot it. And then splash will regen the full amount per mob hit. 

With enough mobs I can go from 0 to full in one shot.

So I made a build with negative efficiency and so long as there's 2 or more mobs to hit while I'm in helicopter mode it's effectively infinite even while getting shot at. 

5 hours ago, Reitrix said:

Oh. What a shame. 

Meaning a fully charged shot that hits a mob directly will regen shields based on every mob the splash hits afterwards.

With proper modding a fully charged shot on a single target will regen more shield than it costs to shoot it. And then splash will regen the full amount per mob hit. 

So I made a build with negative efficiency and so long as there's 2 or more mobs to hit while I'm in helicopter mode it's effectively infinite even while getting shot at. 

actually never paid attention to her first augment , tnx for that i guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

As an avid user of hildryn this title had me a little worried then I saw what it was about and see I have nothing to be concerned over as this is something I noticed awhile back when trying out different abilities and clearly knew was not working as intended so just didn't even count on it as a play style

On 2020-11-20 at 7:45 AM, FulfillMyWill said:

After the update 29.5...

... which kills all the synergies between Hildryn's 4 and some subsumed abilities. For example Harrow's condemn could fuel shields when there are a lot of enemies nearby, while Revenant's reave could allow you to have that very much needed speed during "heli-mode".

The issue is, those are exactly the "issues" that DE felt needed to be fixed.  Their vision for Aegis Storm seems to be *exactly* that it is meant to be slow, cumbersome and an irreversible drain on Hildryn's shields until you turn it off.  The fact that Subsumed abilities negated those features seems to be the "problem" DE wanted to fix.  Expecially since it's not like any powers caused strange, game crashing interactions.  (None that I'd heard of, at any rate.)

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

The issue is, those are exactly the "issues" that DE felt needed to be fixed.  Their vision for Aegis Storm seems to be *exactly* that it is meant to be slow, cumbersome and an irreversible drain on Hildryn's shields until you turn it off.  The fact that Subsumed abilities negated those features seems to be the "problem" DE wanted to fix.  Expecially since it's not like any powers caused strange, game crashing interactions.  (None that I'd heard of, at any rate.)

uhm so is infinite shield gate intentonal on her ? since they havent fixed that still , i know that energy drain units can f up your day but .. there are lot of areas of gameplay where it doesnt have eximus units , does that make it okay and intended ? cuz if thats intentional how come removing synergies and calling it 'unintentional' is convinient ? 

2 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

uhm so is infinite shield gate intentonal on her ? since they havent fixed that still , i know that energy drain units can f up your day but .. there are lot of areas of gameplay where it doesnt have eximus units , does that make it okay and intended ? cuz if thats intentional how come removing synergies and calling it 'unintentional' is convinient ? 

Not a dev, couldn't say.  I do know that the version of her "immortality" build I've seen makes massive tradeoffs - it requires building for minimal shields and instant shield regen, and all but completely cripples her ability to do anything except NOT DIE a lot.  At which point you've basically rebuilt her to be a "Max Iron Skin" Rhino only with no remaining buffs or utility powers.  It's also expensive and moderately difficult to set up.  It also actually doesn't make her completely immortal, because Slash and Toxin will still apparently wreck her due to them *not* triggering her shield gate all the time.

В 24.11.2020 в 17:58, Angwah сказал:

And what exactly is so cumbersome about having to land?

You are immobilized for a few moments when you land.

В 24.11.2020 в 17:58, Angwah сказал:

This has always been what you had to do before Helminth?

Yes. And with the Helminth Aegis Storm recieved a few ways to make your experience better. It was hardly game-breaking, because as I described before, there are other ways in the game to perma-CC entire rooms and they are completely fine. So removing the option to use subsumed abilities is very unnecessary, at least IMO.

Personally, I miss my Aegis storm + Reave combo more. It was a great way to move throug map with active 4 and (unintentionally) allowed you to use other weapons while in heli-mode.

On 2020-11-24 at 8:06 AM, Reitrix said:

Oh. What a shame. 

Well the think is the augment is balanced as Condemn isnt.

If you macro the Balefire you will run out of energy if no direct enemy is hit by blast and the ability will fall completely off once her shield is depleted. Which than requires you to actively play her with aiming at targets and not go AFK.

With Condemn you can AFK macro because it cast the ability to "ALL" in range of LoS. Im not even sure since I don't use Condemn but it may even bypass walls.

Archived