Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing up the "Forma for additional Ranks" on the Paracesis, Kuva Weapons, and Necramechs

Duality52

Initially introduced with the Paracesis, each Formas used will add an additional 2 ranks per polarization. This is capped up to 5 Formas for a total of 40 Mod Capacity (1000/2000 Mastery Experience for weapons/Necramechs). Later in 2019, Kuva Weapons inherit this additional rank mechanic, but there are 18 Kuva weapons so far. Most recently, Necramechs received this same mechanic, for a mixed bag of good and bad.

The main two problems in regards to this mechanic:

1. Too many Formas (5) used per item.
  2. You can only add another Forma if the item is now at the new additional Max Rank (i.e A Kuva Ogris at its 2nd Forma, you need to level it to Level 34 to add its 3rd Forma).

Forma is a precious commodity, but five Formas especially for the Kuva weapons and the Necramechs is incredibly tedious and very draining of Formas.

I propose two solutions to the mechanic:

• Only Two Formas needed

The first Forma will increase the particular item's max rank to 35, with the second and final Forma raising it to Rank 40. This ties in with a "bug fix" that was more harmful than being a proper fix:

• Rank 30 or Above allows Forma usage

To elaborate, players when they got the Paracesis, they were able to add Formas onto the sword when the sword reaches Rank 30 or above. As mentioned before, you can only use a Forma once the particular item reaches the new additional max rank (i.e A Kuva Ogris at its 2nd Forma, you need to level it to Level 34 to add its 3rd Forma). The change here would allow you to use a Forma if the item is at Rank 30 or above. You do not need to rank it up to the new additional max rank to add the Forma.

Final example of that is how a player can use a Forma on the Paracesis with its 3rd Forma (Max Rank 36), but the Paracesis's rank is currently at 31.

This saves the time needed relevel the appropriate items again, especially with Bonewidow. Someone estimated that 9 Formas are needed to slot everything; 10(20) extra mod capacity is not enough especially since Bonewidow did not come with any innate polarities.

Thoughts?

Okay? So what about all the formas i poured into all the Kuva Weaps to level them and the Paracesis? That's = 16 Kuva Weapons + 1 Paracesis = 85 formas/ 85 days that, unless Formas are refunded, i wasted and won't get back because i didn't rush or buy them. I'm not against the idea of changing how the last 10 levels are obtained, but it's clear that DE wants you to play their game and spend as much time as possible doing it, forma build time of 23 hours being one of them. So it's very unlikely to change.

What they need to do is give them The Paracesis treatment. Give the weapon a stat boost to give players a reason to rank up to 40 instead of just mastery. I can think a few addition.

Kuva Weapons : +40% Damage to Grineer

Necramechs :

1. +10% Movement Speed.
  2. +5% Ability STR.
  3. +5% Ability Range.
  4. +5% Ability Duration.
  5. +5% Ability Efficiency.

This is silly, you don't need to use these weapons, and most of these weapons don't need to reach 40 to max a build, and require less forma to compete than a normal weapon due to the extra capacity. 

Mastery isn't required, the fixation with mastering all Kuva weapons only arose because of the rush for rank 30. Well I don't have founder items, and I refused to waste forma on Kuva weapons I don't use, and reached rank 30 with only a few of the weapons released this update (my Bonewidow still has 24 hours).

So what's the problem? You don't need them for rank Mastery, and you don't need to spend as much forma to finish a build as standard weapons, your aggravating yourself for no reason. 

I think it's a good suggestion. Having so many weapons that require so many forma is discouraging to even bother with them and not really worth the effort. Not to mention that with 5 forma you don't really need additional ranks to fit the mods you want.

23 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

What they need to do is give them The Paracesis treatment. Give the weapon a stat boost to give players a reason to rank up to 40 instead of just mastery. I can think a few addition.

While such bonuses would be nice, I don't think they would still be worth the time investment. It just becomes tedious.

23 minutes ago, Ishredpapers said:

That would be nice, but you're not addressing the problem, which is - if they reduce the amount of formas to level up these weapons, what happens to the players who have already put the old amount of formas in it by waiting, or worse - buying them.

They will have to suck it up and appreciate that it is easier now. 

My issue with that mechanic lies with the tied mastery it provides, not the "forma per mod points" part. In fact, I even like that part, since it does allow me to exchange effort for extended mod capacity.

To be clear, the only reason to feel like the 5 forma is mandatory is mastery. Strip that part away, and you're left with a pure choice. One with potential benefits, but no downsides whatsoever. Remember, either the weapon is worth 5 forma (and you'll likely reach the mod point count you need for most min max build at 2 or 3 forma) or it isn't, and you don't lose anything by not investing into it. 

That, and the fact that it's not like the weapons featuring this mechanic start out with a lower mod point count. The minimum quantity for such weapons equals the maximum mod capacity of regular weapons, and can only grow from there. And if looking for an optimal build on most other weapons most players already dump that many or more forma without even getting the extra capacity.

So all in all, if not for the mastery and potentially necramechs (which is debatable since they are supposed to be usable in other kinds of missions sometime in the future), this system would be quite good. I never mind making my life easier, so if by any chance this suggestion gets implemented I won't complain. But seeing as it's just a request to have effort reduced and no suggestion to somewhat counterbalance the request, I doubt DE will really be inclined to accept it. Specially if we think about the "I already made the effort so others must endure hell as well" crowd.

1 hour ago, Ishredpapers said:

Mmmm, always a good business model to treat your old base like trash.

Oh, don't behave like and old man. "These kids have it easy these days. I had to walk 10 kilometers to school, why should they be allowed to ride a bus?"

2 hours ago, Ishredpapers said:

Mmmm, always a good business model to treat your old base like trash.

If something unpleasant happens to you and then someone changes things so that nobody else needs to go through that unpleasant situation again, will you go around thinking that you've been treated like trash?

EDIT: and just to make my point clear, if they do reduce the forma required to hit rank 40, the ideal situation is a refund of all the spent excess forma but I'd still be perfectly content if no refunds of any kind were given.

2 hours ago, Mephane said:

Ah yes, the boomer trolley problem:

DZMbcQm.png

Damn... I've never seen a more accurate representation of just how dumb that logic is. Well done!

---

And in this specific case there's one thing anyone defending the grind (because they had to do it) is forgetting:

- Toning down the grind now won't erase the effort we already chipped in, sure. And maybe not everyone is so selfless as to want other people to not go through the same hell. But here's the thing: If the grind is cut down now, it would also mean we wouldn't have to endure it again when new lich weapons get released.

Don't want it toned down for empathy and kindness? Ok, fine. Then accept it for selfish reasons instead. So long it does become a fair system in the long run it's all the same.

Archived