Jump to content

suggestion : Bonewidow ( again )


Bakahung

Recommended Posts

Straight to the point .

I see you really want to make Bonewidow a tank mech . But all those changes are still not enough .

 

First , why are you still buffing meat hook ? It's health drain is already good enough .

 

Second , it's okay to want to go for this direction , but how can you make a mech's tankiness somehow match Voidrig's damage output ?

It needs to be like "AFK in Profit-taker and fell nothing" kind of tankiness to rival what Voidrig can do . And I think I don't need to explain why that's not a good idea.

 

Third , Voidrig is probably more , or at least as tank as than Bonewidow .

Voidrig has an invincible barrier , and Bonewidow only have a less than 180 degree limited shield .

Voidrig's ability to delete any threat is also not helping in this case .

And to remind , Bonewidow is a melee Mech . It's often surrounded by enemies since it need to get close , which mean it will get hit in all direction . A forward shield won't do much . This is the exact same problem with Garuda .

Not being able to use meat hook when shield is up making things worse . No one will want to use that small shield .

 

I still stand by my suggestion that I made before 

Suggestion : Bonewidow is way too tame - Warframes - Warframe Forums

 

Allow usage of Meat Hook while Shield Maiden is active

Grant 90% DR when Shield Maiden is active .

Increase damage by one 0 and range by 2m for Ironbride.

 

Sorry if I got a little aggressive in this post . I just really want Bonewidow to be good .

And if this issue isn't address properly , when you want to design content where Mechs are important , it will be VERY hard to balance it .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

I feel like at this point they have to nerf Voidrig's 2 and/or 4 to make Bonewidow look as equal to Voidrig. 

Stormshroud should lose the damage absorb effect. Just make it a punishment for things that get under your guns.

That immediately makes Guard Mode more dangerous to use.

The damage scaling on it needs to be massively toned down but this community won't let DE "nerf their fun"

It's not that Bonewidow is underpowered, Arquebex is simply overpowered.

Bonewidows kit is a lot more cohesive than Voidrigs. Voidrig should be reworked into a full blown artillery glass cannon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought they already reduced Storm Shroud to 90% DR. And Shield Maiden among with Ironbride has a 200 degree angle.

With the elevated defensive substance and health recovery, I think Bonewidow has enough defense, the remaining defensive issue is that Meathook and Shield Maiden can't be used together, well, that and all the little bugs. 

Moreover, I think anyone whose taken the time to rank up Bonewidow and test it's performance has already cemented they're opinion of it. There's little content to use it on and if they've ranked it through the terrible Affinity losses and bugs, than they have exhausted the content available for it.

They've got all the suggestions necessary to finish Bonewidow, it's just a matter of delivering improvements. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Bakahung said:

First , why are you still buffing meat hook ? It's health drain is already good enough .

The health drain was dealing Impact damage of all damage types. That means using Meathook on the Grineer will heavily reduce the amount of healing.

6 hours ago, Reitrix said:

The damage scaling on it needs to be massively toned down but this community won't let DE "nerf their fun"

While the Arquebex's damage is more overkill than the Kuva Bramma or the old Catchmoon, it solidifies Voidrig's role as a defensive guardian. Bonewidow's kit is designed to be more mobile. Using the Arquebex constantly will slow you down.

Still, as already noted in the mega-feedback thread, a synergy between Meathook and Shield Maiden is something that is much appreciated for Bonewidow.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Bakahung said:

Straight to the point .

I see you really want to make Bonewidow a tank mech . But all those changes are still not enough .

 

First , why are you still buffing meat hook ? It's health drain is already good enough .

 

Second , it's okay to want to go for this direction , but how can you make a mech's tankiness somehow match Voidrig's damage output ?

It needs to be like "AFK in Profit-taker and fell nothing" kind of tankiness to rival what Voidrig can do . And I think I don't need to explain why that's not a good idea.

 

Third , Voidrig is probably more , or at least as tank as than Bonewidow .

Voidrig has an invincible barrier , and Bonewidow only have a less than 180 degree limited shield .

Voidrig's ability to delete any threat is also not helping in this case .

And to remind , Bonewidow is a melee Mech . It's often surrounded by enemies since it need to get close , which mean it will get hit in all direction . A forward shield won't do much . This is the exact same problem with Garuda .

Not being able to use meat hook when shield is up making things worse . No one will want to use that small shield .

 

I still stand by my suggestion that I made before 

Suggestion : Bonewidow is way too tame - Warframes - Warframe Forums

 

Allow usage of Meat Hook while Shield Maiden is active

Grant 90% DR when Shield Maiden is active .

Increase damage by one 0 and range by 2m for Ironbride.

 

Sorry if I got a little aggressive in this post . I just really want Bonewidow to be good .

And if this issue isn't address properly , when you want to design content where Mechs are important , it will be VERY hard to balance it .

1) Because meathook wasn't enough in high level content (you know, you can play steel path in open worlds)

2) why? After the changes the damage is already very good.

3) shields is stronger than voidrig stromshroud* and last longer because isn't a brain dead 360° armor that gets deleted by simple mobs. The universal design of shields is using them in responsive way to enemy attacks, not always. This work exactly like this, you take a  minimal hit? Doesn't matter. You took big dmg? Face that enemy.

I don't want any of your suggestions, I don't want more dumbed down gameplay to please people that just want to mash E.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Duality52 said:

While the Arquebex's damage is more overkill than the Kuva Bramma or the old Catchmoon, it solidifies Voidrig's role as a defensive guardian. Bonewidow's kit is designed to be more mobile. Using the Arquebex constantly will slow you down.

Additionally, whilst in open areas this can be mitigated through sheer range (it's an Artillery after all), the scale of most tilesets does not allow for long-distance shelling, potentially opening it's use-case scenarios up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a lot of ways I can see how Bone Widow can still be improved.

Meat Hook already drains health from the enemy but it would be nice if any damage Bone Widow takes from the front is diverted to whatever enemy she's holding. Basically use the enemy as a shield. When it dies, just pick another enemy to be a shield.

Shield Maiden could have an energy restoring effect. Instead of reflecting damage, it just absorbs damage and turns it into energy for the Bone Widow to use.

Firing Line could be made more reliable. Instead of grouping enemies in a strange narrowing wave, DE could make it work like Magus Anomaly that already reliably groups enemies.

The Iron Bride sword animations look really slow. DE should increase its damage to be comparable to Arquebex and during active attack frames of the animations, Bone Widow should have i-frames.

Also, this is just an opinion but I don't like the Bone Widow name. I wish they just kept calling it Thanotech.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...