Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that we have nicer shades, cooler graphics and next gen prettyness, how about start fixing animations?

Z4kurn

I don't even need to exemplify my case, everyone that plays the game knows this, many animations for weapon holding are standardised, even when they don't match in anything the weapons you are using, animations generally break in small cutscenes, always buggy, weird hands, weird cropping, weird everything. Since the appearant new philosophy design for the game is to just make things pretty, then this should be the next path, to really make the game shine to a bright polish in the cosmetic part.

Oh my god yes. Warframe's been in need of animation touchups for a while now.
Off the top of my head:

WARFRAMES:

• do not move their feet when rotating
  • do not "angle" themselves accordingly when sliding on a sloped surface
  • often have melee weapons jittering in their hands during swings
  • still only have a "forward" animation when sprinting with Archguns on land, no matter which direction they are actually moving in (last time I checked, anyways)
  • have no sound effects for many emotes (dancing, clapping, etc)
  • do not show movement animations of other players (sliding, rolling, crouching, jumping, etc) in "hub" locations such as relays

OPERATORS:

• have no facial expressions whatsoever outside of cutscenes
    • They don't wince when getting shot
    • They don't smile during emotes (waving, clapping, dancing, etc)
    • They don't turn their heads, or even their eyes, towards the direction of the camera
    • I'm pretty sure they literally do not blink, which is kind of unnerving

ARCHWINGS:

• literally do not have "ascending"/"descending" animations while boosting (sprinting) forward
  • can fly around almost perfectly while in a "stunned" animation (e.g. after crashing into terrain), which just feels weird

ENEMIES:

• "jump" on rails, VERY JANKILY (instead of in a smooth, consistent arc), to move between platforms
  • "jump" on rails, THROUGH CEILINGS, to quickly cross terrain (Hellions and Infested Moas are especially guilty of this)
  • do not take surrounding terrain into account during standard "knockdown" animations (clipping into walls, not aligning with sloped floors, etc)
  • (Ospreys and flying enemies) cannot be knocked down because they literally do not have knockdown animations

GENERAL WEIGHT AND "FEEL":

• Warframes, enemies, and certain miscellaneous animations completely ignore the laws of gravitational acceleration, causing many animations to feel distinctly "off" at an intuitive level.
    • Tusk Thumpers leap extremely high into the air and fall back to the ground in about 0.5 seconds
    • Moas + humanoid enemies leap very high into the air and fall back to the ground in about 0.5 seconds (when traversing between platforms or across terrain)
    • During the Empyrean cutscene (that plays whenever you launch your Railjack from dojo), the entire ship plummets down several metres in a tiny fraction of a second once the harnesses are released
    • During Assault missions, the cannon's targeting mechanism (in the very last part where you have to break the 4 things on the thingy, and then break another thing on the thingy) plummets down several metres in a tiny fraction of a second after being destroyed by the player
    • ALL OF THESE ANIMATIONS NEED TO BE SLOWED DOWN DRASTICALLY AND GIVEN PROPER "ACCELERATION" in order to appear more natural!

• Many "large" enemies (juggernauts, tusk thumpers, etc) have no sense of "weight" to them.
    • All tusk thumper animations (walking, rotating, "tackling", jumping, and even spawning) are far too fast for something this big. There is never any "acceleration" either; every single movement begins and ends at ludicrous speed, mass be damned.
    • Juggernauts charge (read: slide) forwards at an insane speed without needing to accelerate beforehand. They're also covered in obnoxiously bright energy effects during the entire charge.
      Both of these cause this beautiful animation to go completely to waste:
      12165.gif

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

On 2020-12-13 at 11:23 AM, Z4kurn said:

many animations for weapon holding are standardised, even when they don't match in anything the weapons you are using

I wonder if DE would let Tennogen creators include an animation for how the weapon can be held? (If they don't already).

On 2020-12-13 at 12:27 PM, SortaRandom said:

WARFRAMES:

• have no sound effects for many emotes (dancing, clapping, etc)
  • do not show movement animations of other players (sliding, rolling, crouching, jumping, etc) in "hub" locations such as relays

Including sounds for emotes isn't an animation issue.

I believe the second point is a network issue because the game doesn't use dedicated servers - to cut down on network traffic my understanding is they reduce the amount of animations in hub areas because there might be 50 to 100 people in the same area all wearing unique gear, but it isn't designed to change if there are only 2 or 3 people.

OPERATORS:

• have no facial expressions whatsoever outside of cutscenes
    • They don't wince when getting shot
    • They don't smile during emotes (waving, clapping, dancing, etc)
    • They don't turn their heads, or even their eyes, towards the direction of the camera
    • I'm pretty sure they literally do not blink, which is kind of unnerving

I feel that this is a personal thing, because my operator has always worn a full head piece that covers their face. I've never understood why people care about how their operator looks. DE might concentrate on operator appearance more closely with The Duviri Paradox, which seems like it might be operator focused.

ARCHWINGS:

• literally do not have "ascending"/"descending" animations while boosting (sprinting) forward

They move up and down, the only 'animation' might be tilting their wings slightly like an aeroplane does - https://youtu.be/y6HScLCaHi0?t=81

ENEMIES:

• "jump" on rails, VERY JANKILY (instead of in a smooth, consistent arc), to move between platforms
  • "jump" on rails, THROUGH CEILINGS, to quickly cross terrain (Hellions and Infested Moas are especially guilty of this)
  • do not take surrounding terrain into account during standard "knockdown" animations (clipping into walls, not aligning with sloped floors, etc)
  • (Ospreys and flying enemies) cannot be knocked down because they literally do not have knockdown animations

GENERAL WEIGHT AND "FEEL":

• Warframes, enemies, and certain miscellaneous animations completely ignore the laws of gravitational acceleration, causing many animations to feel distinctly "off" at an intuitive level.
    • Tusk Thumpers leap extremely high into the air and fall back to the ground in about 0.5 seconds
    • Moas + humanoid enemies leap very high into the air and fall back to the ground in about 0.5 seconds (when traversing between platforms or across terrain)
    • During the Empyrean cutscene (that plays whenever you launch your Railjack from dojo), the entire ship plummets down several metres in a tiny fraction of a second once the harnesses are released
    • During Assault missions, the cannon's targeting mechanism (in the very last part where you have to break the 4 things on the thingy, and then break another thing on the thingy) plummets down several metres in a tiny fraction of a second after being destroyed by the player

Almost all of this stuff I can agree with. Enemies jumping over rails and between platforms have unusual transitions which are very obvious.

Flying enemies don't need a new animation, they should go limp and and fall to the ground when they get procced with status (electricity damage already stuns enemies so that would probably make the most sense, especially for Ospreys). For a different example; In the game Deep Rock Galactic the elemental mechanics allow you to freeze enemies solid, and flying enemies will fall to the ground and shatter.

Thumpers are a bit floaty, and when fighting on hills their legs aren't even touching the ground sometimes, but at the same time their bursts of speed and sudden jumps also make them challenging. I love the surprise because I have to react quickly. Depending on the frame I'm using I can get around very quickly combined with operator dash. The thumper can move and accelerate at a similar speed to me, which means I actually have to try to win, especially when it's always trying to hide that last weakspot.

Juggernauts are the same, as a mini boss type enemy it needs to fight at a similar pace to the player to be threatening. That is definitely a beautiful animation you shared, but lasts about 4 seconds including headbutt recovery, so the strategy would be 'bait it into a slow charge for free damage'.

Sorry about the incoming wall of text-- I got a bit carried away when responding here 😂

15 hours ago, TheMostFrench said:

Including sounds for emotes isn't an animation issue.

I believe the second point is a network issue because the game doesn't use dedicated servers - to cut down on network traffic my understanding is they reduce the amount of animations in hub areas because there might be 50 to 100 people in the same area all wearing unique gear, but it isn't designed to change if there are only 2 or 3 people.

- true lol
- I'm fully aware that the lack of player animations is for optimization purposes, but I personally feel that it's not worth it. Granted, I know very little about this area, but I feel as though sending a single packet saying "I just started a bullet jump" whenever someone does a bullet jump or something is not going to destroy DE's dedicated servers.

I feel that this is a personal thing, because my operator has always worn a full head piece that covers their face. I've never understood why people care about how their operator looks. DE might concentrate on operator appearance more closely with The Duviri Paradox, which seems like it might be operator focused.

- It's the player's character, it's heavily involved in gameplay, and it literally has mid-mission dialogue by default, why wouldn't we care how it looks lol
(But yeah, I really hope they do something with this in Duviri Paradox.)

They move up and down, the only 'animation' might be tilting their wings slightly like an aeroplane does - https://youtu.be/y6HScLCaHi0?t=81

- I think you're misunderstanding-- I'm not saying that archwings are unable to move up and down. I'm saying that they don't have any animations to support this movement (i.e. the wing tilting thing). It looks wonky as hell.

Flying enemies don't need a new animation, they should go limp and and fall to the ground when they get procced with status (electricity damage already stuns enemies so that would probably make the most sense, especially for Ospreys). For a different example; In the game Deep Rock Galactic the elemental mechanics allow you to freeze enemies solid, and flying enemies will fall to the ground and shatter.

- I like this a lot! Hopefully it's not hard for DE to implement.

Thumpers are a bit floaty, and when fighting on hills their legs aren't even touching the ground sometimes, but at the same time their bursts of speed and sudden jumps also make them challenging. I love the surprise because I have to react quickly. Depending on the frame I'm using I can get around very quickly combined with operator dash. The thumper can move and accelerate at a similar speed to me, which means I actually have to try to win, especially when it's always trying to hide that last weakspot.

Juggernauts are the same, as a mini boss type enemy it needs to fight at a similar pace to the player to be threatening. That is definitely a beautiful animation you shared, but lasts about 4 seconds including headbutt recovery, so the strategy would be 'bait it into a slow charge for free damage'.

My problem with these massive miniboss-type enemies isn't anything related to gameplay, it's that the animations feel weird to the point of being slightly nauseating to look at.

Every other video game that I've played follows Newton's laws, at least to the extent that each animation (for players, objects, and enemies alike) has a distinct "weight" to it. Warframe doesn't, though, and the feel of each animation greatly suffers as a result.

Even in terms of gameplay, it shouldn't be difficult to balance these encounters in terms of the realistic animations. Here's a small info dump of my thoughts on the matter:

• REGULAR ENEMIES:
    • Slowing down "jumping on rails" animations, and giving them a more realistic arc, would give players an actual opportunity to airshot enemies. Right now, we kinda just wait for the enemy to land before attacking them, which isn't particularly engaging.
  • TUSK THUMPERS:
    • Most players hunt Thumpers using abilities that slow them down, such as Molecular Prime or Temporal Blast. Thumpers are in this awkward position where fighting them without slowdowns is too annoying for most players (especially at higher levels without specialized builds), and fighting them with slowdowns is completely trivial. A general slowdown of all animations (maybe with added "diminishing returns" on slowdowns so that cheesing is discouraged) would make them more engaging to fight.
    • When jumping, slowing down the descent to realistic levels would allow players to try and airshot its weak points. It would also allow the jump to be treated as a telegraphed attack that does craptons of damage to anything it lands on (as opposed to the current system, where having a whole-ass thumper land on you is completely harmless for some reason).
    • When pivoting on the spot, slowing down the animation to more realistic levels (or, at least, letting it "accelerate" and "decelerate" at the beginning and end) would make it less tedious to fight, even if it becomes easier. Maybe they could reintroduce some level of difficulty by randomizing the rotation amount or something (e.g. letting them rotate by a random multiple of 90 degrees). Or maybe let the legs do damage+knockback when they reach max rotation speed, so the player is swatted away if they're too close. Hell, maybe both.
  • JUGGERNAUTS:
    • They currently charge in a straight line at ludicrous speeds, with no real "punishment" for getting hit (since it does pathetic amounts of damage for some reason). If they slow down the animation, they could treat it similar to how Reinhardt's Charge functions in Overwatch-- i.e. slow and telegraphed, but devastating if it connects.
      • Let it "steer" slightly towards its target during the charge, so players need to make larger movements to avoid it.
      • Let it "pin" anything that it hits (i.e. ragdoll the player and adhere their ragdoll to the front of the juggernaut) until the charge ends. (Players who are grazed by the side or top of the juggernaut are ragdolled without being pinned.)
      • Deal absolutely monstrous amounts of damage to anything "pinned" to it upon colliding with a wall.
      • If players want to try to shoot the juggernaut when there's a very real threat of getting oneshotted, then all the more power to them.
    • Boom. The animation looks better, the animation feels better, and it's still engaging to fight.

It's not perfect, but you get the idea.

hace 21 horas, SortaRandom dijo:

TUSK THUMPERS:

• Most players hunt Thumpers using abilities that slow them down, such as Molecular Prime or Temporal Blast. Thumpers are in this awkward position where fighting them without slowdowns is too annoying for most players (especially at higher levels without specialized builds), and fighting them with slowdowns is completely trivial. A general slowdown of all animations (maybe with added "diminishing returns" on slowdowns so that cheesing is discouraged) would make them more engaging to fight.
  • When jumping, slowing down the descent to realistic levels would allow players to try and airshot its weak points. It would also allow the jump to be treated as a telegraphed attack that does craptons of damage to anything it lands on (as opposed to the current system, where having a whole-ass thumper land on you is completely harmless for some reason).
  • When pivoting on the spot, slowing down the animation to more realistic levels (or, at least, letting it "accelerate" and "decelerate" at the beginning and end) would make it less tedious to fight, even if it becomes easier. Maybe they could reintroduce some level of difficulty by randomizing the rotation amount or something (e.g. letting them rotate by a random multiple of 90 degrees). Or maybe let the legs do damage+knockback when they reach max rotation speed, so the player is swatted away if they're too close. Hell, maybe both.
  • They hunt them with slowdown cuz it's annoying to always be chasing a leg, they need to slow this animation only or completely remove it but for me it would take some part of the "realism" of fighting a tank that doesn't want to be destroyed.
  • Don't know about you but I feel this is alright, ~0,5s to descend of a jumping tank that weights a couple of tons really feels right and the jump itself feels very natural. I agree with the fact that this move should have an impact cuz when it touches the ground almost nothing happens so this should have a great crash landing effect and do tons of damage but this should not be a move and punish and run but to wait, dodge and punish.
  • (I think you reffer the move when it lays the piston and lifts its legs then rotates them) I thinks this is one of the best moves since this and the walking animation tells you that this is one of those machines made with junk and somehow works and thats the only thing that matters (wich is how the grineer think at least) but I like the idea of random rotations and those near gest knocked off.

I think this is one of the best designs for a grineer machine, it feels heavy, feels intimidating, feels clumsy and overall feels like something a militar and a miner would do, it needs polish? yea as everything else. it could feel heavier? hell yes and it should but remember these are Grineer machines not Corpus nor Orokin 

2 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:
  • Don't know about you but I feel this is alright, ~0,5s to descend of a jumping tank that weights a couple of tons really feels right and the jump itself feels very natural.

Physics time!

All objects accelerate downwards at the same rate, regardless of mass. If a 10-pound bowling ball and a 300-ton Tusk Thumper are launched into the air at the same speed, they'll both hit the ground at exactly the same time.

Humans are basically hardwired to understand this at an intuitive level, regardless of whether they learned it in a classroom setting. Like, if you see someone throwing a ball, you will instinctively figure out (from its initial trajectory) where+when the ball will hit the ground. The mass of the ball doesn't matter-- aerodynamics aside, the result will always be the same.

The reason that Tusk Thumper's 0.5-second super jump feels so damn "weird" is that it violates this completely.

2 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

I think this is one of the best designs for a grineer machine, it feels heavy, feels intimidating, feels clumsy and overall feels like something a militar and a miner would do, it needs polish? yea as everything else. it could feel heavier? hell yes and it should but remember these are Grineer machines not Corpus nor Orokin 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting tusk thumpers to have their clunky, chunky, low-tech aesthetic changed or anything. I just want them to follow the most basic laws of physics so their animations don't look like poop 😂

hace 21 minutos, SortaRandom dijo:

All objects accelerate downwards at the same rate, regardless of mass. If a 10-pound bowling ball and a 300-ton Tusk Thumper are launched into the air at the same speed, they'll both hit the ground at exactly the same time.

Afair, the air friction will cause the ball getting later than the thumper.

hace 24 minutos, SortaRandom dijo:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting tusk thumpers to have their clunky, chunky, low-tech aesthetic changed or anything. I just want them to follow the most basic laws of physics so their animations don't look like poop 😂

I also want their animations to feel better but I don't know the laws of Warframe's physics and I also don't know the exact composition of a Thumper so the animations, by eye, are fine, they just needs some polish.

On 2020-12-15 at 3:52 AM, SortaRandom said:

I'm fully aware that the lack of player animations is for optimization purposes, but I personally feel that it's not worth it. Granted, I know very little about this area, but I feel as though sending a single packet saying "I just started a bullet jump" whenever someone does a bullet jump or something is not going to destroy DE's dedicated servers.

You forgot Potato users exist. Rendering those player animations will significantly reduce FPS. Your computer have to render each individual animation per frame, multiply that by the amount of Tenno present on the screen.

DE is trying to keep potato users playing as long as they can by doing aggressive optimization methods.

It won't destroy DE's servers. But it sure will destroy player computers.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

You forgot Potato users exist. Rendering those player animations will significantly reduce FPS. Your computer have to render each individual animation per frame, multiply that by the amount of Tenno present on the screen.

DE is trying to keep potato users playing as long as they can by doing aggressive optimization methods.

Is rendering bullet jump animations really going to be that intensive compared to rendering idle animations?

30 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Is rendering bullet jump animations really going to be that intensive compared to rendering idle animations?

Yes, because you have to calculate player movement and vectors and whatnot. More complex than idle animation. Again, Potato users.

9 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Yes, because you have to calculate player movement and vectors and whatnot. More complex than idle animation. Again, Potato users.

... I don't know much about optimization, but DE's dedicated servers literally already handle players' "movement and vectors and whatnot". Just with walking/running animations instead of the proper bullet jumps, slides, and rolls.

Also, many idle animations are far, far more complex than bullet jumps, slides, and rolls. Like, I'm pretty sure that a person with Wisp Agile would actually be lessening the strain on your system by spamming bullet jumps instead.

10 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

Afair, the air friction will cause the ball getting later than the thumper.

The ball would hit first - you're comparing a compact uniform sphere against a flattened out ellipsoid (which has more surface area pointing downwards and hence more drag). On the flipside, if you had a long thin dart-shaped object, that would hit before the bowling ball because it's presenting less surface area to the direction of motion and thus has less drag.

See also: the famous video when an astronaut dropped a hammer and a feather on the moon and they hit the surface at exactly the same time (which in this case is an absence of air resistance - and something that looked very unusual to people who are used to things on Earth).

hace 9 horas, DoomFruit dijo:

The ball would hit first - you're comparing a compact uniform sphere against a flattened out ellipsoid (which has more surface area pointing downwards and hence more drag). On the flipside, if you had a long thin dart-shaped object, that would hit before the bowling ball because it's presenting less surface area to the direction of motion and thus has less drag.

Are we having the gravity and the weight in cosideration right? 

1 hour ago, VoidArkhangel said:

Are we having the gravity and the weight in cosideration right? 

Gravity and air resistance are opposing each other here. With regards to your point, the thumper would actually come back to Earth slower than a large cannonball of the same mass as the thumper, because it's presenting a larger surface area and gets slowed down more by drag.

hace 6 horas, DoomFruit dijo:

Gravity and air resistance are opposing each other here. With regards to your point, the thumper would actually come back to Earth slower than a large cannonball of the same mass as the thumper, because it's presenting a larger surface area and gets slowed down more by drag.

Sure a ball with the same mass will get faster because the form can make it through the air faster but I was talking about what Sorta said: a 10-pound ball and a 300-ton thumper

Le 16/12/2020 à 01:20, DrivaMain a dit :

What if they gave us an option to enable or disable all player animations in relays?

On 2020-12-12 at 10:23 PM, Z4kurn said:

everyone that plays the game knows this, many animations for weapon holding are standardised

1. what i know is that other warframe animations have to be bought and unlocked, i think they should earned with crafting and discovery of blueprints as temporary rewards and points that players can get, for instance the player can get another ivara blueprint but they get some bow enhancements and rare glyphs.
  2. or that they are using a warframe,  and  automatically gain special stance or  skin at level 10, and if they get to 20 they gain the other default stance and another set of perks and passives, or something like that,
  3. when they master the warframe (MAX) they gain another bundle.
  4. MAX RANK & FORMA would include emojis, and mods to prepare players,
  5. emotes and blueprints depending on which version this would allow players to play regular warframes and prime versions to obtain exclusive rewards.  packages from factions would be organized, orbiter decorations and temporary boosters with mission rewards
  6. , then given to players while they are leveling up and equiping formas would get something each time they go to the relays and cetus.
  7. you can switch the platinum animations to include other premiums, since they are welll hidden,
  8. Velocity of reload, switch and crouch based on energy, hp, and abilities, tilesets status should determine damage and procs adjustments on the environment and enemies, missed shots, hits destroy the environments and leave gaskets which can slowdown movement and otherwise trigger electronics and explosions, trigger alarms and ships to come up, or animals on earth, some lockers wont open unless all the enemies are extinguished, keycards, parazon, and robotics, this allows for normal weapons with no procs to occasionally cause blast and other status effects 
  9. so far what i seen in the lavos video which seem really default was enemies taking electric damage, it was corpus but i can only suggest that players can be harmed by electric damage or affected somehow so that pushes them back alittle if they or the team mates approach machines and other things at least this adds to the UI and vibration on controllers, etc. until it affects energy pools quality and color of the drops on the floor, these get procs and change regular "
  10. for instance shooting a fire bullet in a ice landscape would be a weak blast + the drift is that they cause friction and magnetism depending on the enemy resistances and warframe enhancements or mods, so if you are in a cold area the resistance drops or increases the speed or melee or the speed of bullets and reloading, the bullets are affected, and energy can stabilize or strenghten those effects like the energy channel and combos without any mods,
  11. this would be good for realism per planet and would help enemies survive different scenarios if they have riffles and hit players with alot of armor or status effects or if they hit their energy pools to reduce the players movement speed, so you stop going for the kill and have to worry about not getting caught in vines and ice. 
  12. movement reduction would happen if the player is surrounded by many enemies or from explosions and grenades, or procs usually, the player would have to switch over and have reduced mod efficiency, and have uses for pickups to accelerate and reload, crouch and perform rolling and bullet jumps,
  13. parazon is complicated way to do it, it should have other uses with the robotics and archwing i supose kitguns, and zaws, or melee 
  14. ??????? some after battle damage and dirt would look cool in some warframes, equinox does that,
  15. there should be some different travel animations that dont use the orbiter, based on the tileset and planet, grineer have battle pods like dragonballz aliends,
  16. orbiter passives and default animations are expensive at least allow some RNG passive or enhancement for the first 30 seconds addrenaline and shields if they are within the parameters, or if the players go AFK , they can rent or purchase more later, with each faction and syndicate weapons
  17. glyphs and emotes should have some modifications or enhancements., i think unlockables or focus related points to earn the playes ventkids and OP gear.

Le 19/12/2020 à 17:28, SnakeBadger a dit :
  1. what i know is that other warframe animations have to be bought and unlocked, i think they should earned with crafting and discovery of blueprints as temporary rewards and points that players can get, for instance the player can get another ivara blueprint but they get some bow enhancements and rare glyphs.
  2. or that they are using a warframe,  and  automatically gain special stance or  skin at level 10, and if they get to 20 they gain the other default stance and another set of perks and passives, or something like that,
  3. when they master the warframe (MAX) they gain another bundle.
  4. MAX RANK & FORMA would include emojis, and mods to prepare players,
  5. emotes and blueprints depending on which version this would allow players to play regular warframes and prime versions to obtain exclusive rewards.  packages from factions would be organized, orbiter decorations and temporary boosters with mission rewards
  6. , then given to players while they are leveling up and equiping formas would get something each time they go to the relays and cetus.
  7. you can switch the platinum animations to include other premiums, since they are welll hidden,
  8. Velocity of reload, switch and crouch based on energy, hp, and abilities, tilesets status should determine damage and procs adjustments on the environment and enemies, missed shots, hits destroy the environments and leave gaskets which can slowdown movement and otherwise trigger electronics and explosions, trigger alarms and ships to come up, or animals on earth, some lockers wont open unless all the enemies are extinguished, keycards, parazon, and robotics, this allows for normal weapons with no procs to occasionally cause blast and other status effects 
  9. so far what i seen in the lavos video which seem really default was enemies taking electric damage, it was corpus but i can only suggest that players can be harmed by electric damage or affected somehow so that pushes them back alittle if they or the team mates approach machines and other things at least this adds to the UI and vibration on controllers, etc. until it affects energy pools quality and color of the drops on the floor, these get procs and change regular "
  10. for instance shooting a fire bullet in a ice landscape would be a weak blast + the drift is that they cause friction and magnetism depending on the enemy resistances and warframe enhancements or mods, so if you are in a cold area the resistance drops or increases the speed or melee or the speed of bullets and reloading, the bullets are affected, and energy can stabilize or strenghten those effects like the energy channel and combos without any mods,
  11. this would be good for realism per planet and would help enemies survive different scenarios if they have riffles and hit players with alot of armor or status effects or if they hit their energy pools to reduce the players movement speed, so you stop going for the kill and have to worry about not getting caught in vines and ice. 
  12. movement reduction would happen if the player is surrounded by many enemies or from explosions and grenades, or procs usually, the player would have to switch over and have reduced mod efficiency, and have uses for pickups to accelerate and reload, crouch and perform rolling and bullet jumps,
  13. parazon is complicated way to do it, it should have other uses with the robotics and archwing i supose kitguns, and zaws, or melee 
  14. ??????? some after battle damage and dirt would look cool in some warframes, equinox does that,
  15. there should be some different travel animations that dont use the orbiter, based on the tileset and planet, grineer have battle pods like dragonballz aliends,
  16. orbiter passives and default animations are expensive at least allow some RNG passive or enhancement for the first 30 seconds addrenaline and shields if they are within the parameters, or if the players go AFK , they can rent or purchase more later, with each faction and syndicate weapons
  17. glyphs and emotes should have some modifications or enhancements., i think unlockables or focus related points to earn the playes ventkids and OP gear.

WTF are you going on about? These are completely off topic and ridiculous points, please tell me you were being sarcastic.

Yes.

But also, I firmly believe engine limitations play a major role in how broken the animation  framework is atm. Especially netcode, since the tiniest amount of lag renders all scripted animations (executions, ropalolyst mount etc.) incredibly janky.

Agree with many enemy anims being far too quick.

Archived