Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LORE CONCERNS AND A POTENTIAL SOLUTION

Rhymontic

I have a lot to say but I'll be brief.

Add a TV decoration to the clan/orbiter, Add a resource called discs that can be played on these TV decorations, Discs will contain different episodes/cinematics/anime/whatever they decide to call it but will ensure a constant update to the lore of the game. Farming for episodes every week isn't a bad grind and if the episodes are well scripted, this can do good to the game. 

So what are the perks to implementing this:

1.) Can be considered end game (maybe)

2.) More content for streamers to engage with

3.) Will draw in a new kind of players who enjoy lore

4.) New creative ideas for clan decorations, imagine that dojo theater, damn.

5.) More purpose to the grind.

I know just enough about animation to say 'no' just on account of how much effort it would take to maintain a weekly release schedule for this kind of thing. DE is already busy enough updating the game itself even in the state that it is and the release schedule they've had; making this kind of thing is better done by a dedicated studio of writers and animators with literally nothing better to do than work on these in-universe minisodes, which even then would be better handled as a form of external media than an in-game thing.

Besides there's already plenty of lore to be found in-game that draws people in. Giving people an in-game TV series to watch is not a good reason to give people to join your game.

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

quite abit of lore in game doesnt cover everything an thus the community often talk about it an try to piece it togather an this does help the community as a whole.
why it helps as we can argue with each other on certain points of something an creates differnt thoughts on the lore we they were talking about.

Still think animations are a bad way to go about it. Personally I'd just be happy with building on existing sources like Codex-fragment items, Simaris's Sanctuary, or items sold by Grandmother with stories attached.

1 minute ago, Cobalt313 said:

Still think animations are a bad way to go about it. Personally I'd just be happy with building on existing sources like Codex-fragment items, Simaris's Sanctuary, or items sold by Grandmother with stories attached.

true, but kinda seems like DE gonna need a section of staff just for lore xD since they are often more focused on keeping players staying than flushing out the in game worlds history.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

true, but kinda seems like DE gonna need a section of staff just for lore xD since they are often more focused on keeping players staying than flushing out the in game worlds history.

Yeah seriously. And I wish they would try keeping players in by updating and improving existing content for once rather than rushing to crank out new systems in less-than-ideal states.

Wouldn't most players just find the animations online and watch them instead of putting in the time to grind them??

If this were a quest of some sort, players would probably prefer playing it over watching someone play it... but an animation? It just doesn't seem like it'd be worth the time or resources of either DE or the player.

Archived