Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra simaris stuff missing?

ZeroX4

On 2021-01-06 at 1:58 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Some of us are still happy to get some form of immersion.

Necramechs are a WIP atm, Orphix is to test it out, DE have that straight up.

Bosses follow your regular supervillain 101 rule, they rarely die and we fight them over and over.

Cool so keep the immersion and explain how would option to buy umbra parts from simaris destroy it in any way?
Taking into account that hoards of umbra's r running trough origin system

On 2021-01-06 at 2:10 PM, Reidenshi said:

Exactly. That's why only one player should own Umbra. And it should be me.

That is so selfish

I vote for u

AGAIN
A GAME not a BOOK

Your argument kinda explains itself

As you said
DE is testing (actually you only said that its a test so DE can fix bugs but i assume thats what u meant)
You didnt say
Father is testing (bald papa from deimos)

GAME and BOOK
A PROGRAM and A STORY

Or even better how am i able to idk sell an warframe by accident just by accident contact support right away and they most likely will give it back to me how does that fit lore how is that an argument for you??
How we are able to fight alad V in his pure human form then semi mutated then back again to pure human?
ITS A GAME

On 2021-01-06 at 3:21 PM, ZeroX4 said:

-snip-

It seems like DE wants Umbra to be special, can't sell him, can't buy him. It seems like its for lore reasons. Does that seem silly to you? Neat. Take it up with DE then. You are asking the consumers why the developer is doing something. We can only speculate, sorry you can't get more Umbras, but there's nothing we can do about it. Again, go post this in feedback or something.

On 2021-01-06 at 3:33 PM, TomCruisesSon said:

It seems like DE wants Umbra to be special, can't sell him, can't buy him. It seems like its for lore reasons. Does that seem silly to you? Neat. Take it up with DE then. You are asking the consumers why the developer is doing something. We can only speculate, sorry you can't get more Umbras, but there's nothing we can do about it. Again, go post this in feedback or something.

Never heard "i know it will sound like a insult but trust me its not"?
I would gain nothing insulting someone i dont know not even being able to see expression on that persons face
I dont want someone to feel bad because of my actions or my words nothing to gain from that so there is no point in doing so

I assume you read my original post and yet you answer to something i didnt ask whats the idea behind it?

I did not ask any1 to do something about it
I didnt ask any1 to explain why its conflicting with the lore
I just asked is there any reason why umbra is missing from items simaris is offering
Next time read more carefully maybe then you will understand more

So many ppl tend to hide behind lore not acknowledging so many plot holes and the fact its a game 

"We are consumers so we can only speculate" how is that for an argument?
So you want to tell me if i care to ask anything that does not make sense i should trun to de instead of asking players who may know the answer?
At least it sounds like it but that would mean that forums and Q&A chat are in some way pointless

On 2021-01-06 at 4:27 PM, ZeroX4 said:

Never heard "i know it will sound like a insult but trust me its not"?
I would gain nothing insulting someone i dont know not even being able to see expression on that persons face
I dont want someone to feel bad because of my actions or my words nothing to gain from that so there is no point in doing so

I assume you read my original post and yet you answer to something i didnt ask whats the idea behind it?

I did not ask any1 to do something about it
I didnt ask any1 to explain why its conflicting with the lore
I just asked is there any reason why umbra is missing from items simaris is offering
Next time read more carefully maybe then you will understand more

So many ppl tend to hide behind lore not acknowledging so many plot holes and the fact its a game 

"We are consumers so we can only speculate" how is that for an argument?
So you want to tell me if i care to ask anything that does not make sense i should trun to de instead of asking players who may know the answer?
At least it sounds like it but that would mean that forums and Q&A chat are in some way pointless

You really like not getting anywhere in a conversation, huh? "I just asked is there any reason why umbra is missing from items simaris is offering" I answered your question, you dont like that answer. I cannot speak on behalf of DE on why they are not selling a warframe, thats up to them. My speculation is lore and wanting the warframe to be unique. 

"Never heard "i know it will sound like a insult but trust me its not"?" i have, still doesnt absolve you of any insults and acting condescending.

"At least it sounds like it but that would mean that forums and Q&A chat are in some way pointless" now were getting somewhere ;)

On 2021-01-06 at 4:50 PM, TomCruisesSon said:

You really like not getting anywhere in a conversation, huh? "I just asked is there any reason why umbra is missing from items simaris is offering" I answered your question, you dont like that answer. I cannot speak on behalf of DE on why they are not selling a warframe, thats up to them. My speculation is lore and wanting the warframe to be unique. 

"Never heard "i know it will sound like a insult but trust me its not"?" i have, still doesnt absolve you of any insults and acting condescending.

"At least it sounds like it but that would mean that forums and Q&A chat are in some way pointless" now were getting somewhere ;)

I wonder where you want to get with your answer? Many before you said exact same thing in this topic yet you come here and repeat what im aware of by now thx to others so?

With the insult part its like someone come to the forum and make post like "forma crafting time should be down to 1h" and you could say to that person "i dont want to insult you but you are stupid if you believe that will ever happen" its not like you are insulting that person on purpose or that you want to do it its not about pleasuring your ego or making someone feel bad you just want to point out weight of what you mean in the context 

If you consider me or me behavior inappropriate you are free to do so but if you think i am just trying to be not nice and insult whoever i want with how i express my self then you are very wrong
You see only letters i type which make words that can sound like this or like that and how you will be interpreting them may differ from what i actually intended

17 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Ill be sleeping happy not knowing the truth maybe thats why im starting to admire warframes lore
Anyway was nice to meet you bye and take care ;)

I wonder where you want to get with your answer? Many before you said exact same thing in this topic yet you come here and repeat what im aware of by now thx to others so?

With the insult part its like someone come to the forum and make post like "forma crafting time should be down to 1h" and you could say to that person "i dont want to insult you but you are stupid if you believe that will ever happen" its not like you are insulting that person on purpose or that you want to do it its not about pleasuring your ego or making someone feel bad you just want to point out weight of what you mean in the context 

If you consider me or me behavior inappropriate you are free to do so but if you think i am just trying to be not nice and insult whoever i want with how i express my self then you are very wrong
You see only letters i type which make words that can sound like this or like that and how you will be interpreting them may differ from what i actually intended

I dont think you are trying to be insulting, youre just condescending without realizing it i guess. Cant help that.

2 hours ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I dont think you are trying to be insulting, youre just condescending without realizing it i guess. Cant help that.

Maybe i am who knows i dont if thats the case or maybe as i said you just get me wrong whatever

6 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Cool so keep the immersion and explain how would option to buy umbra parts from simaris destroy it in any way?
Taking into account that hoards of umbra's r running trough origin system

Easy, the story really only happens to one tenno. Several people running around with the same frame doesnt break that. It is simply a gameplay solution in order to not having to rework the whole matchmaking system just to cater to 1 single frame out of 40+. However a single tenno owning several Umbra wouldnt work, since it is a unique frame with a unique backstory.

So just because several different tenno can use umbra at the same time, it doesnt mean they should skip immersion elsewhere. With groups it is one thing that they let it slide, since a rework for a single frame would mean alot of development needed in order to shield against a very minor thing. Since no other frame would abide to the "only 1 per group" rule, since all normal tenno-frames can be explained by the tenno sharing their blueprint knowledge with others after that special snowflake tenno we play has gone through the story the frame is tied to.

On 2021-01-05 at 10:47 AM, Xaero said:

With this kind of logic, only a single player should own Umbra (and have access to story missions, if we go that far).

So let's just pretend only a single Excal Umbra exists in the game (like we already do anyways), and have a chance to purchase additional ones purely for gameplay purposes.

is not so much a signal one exists but that the one you earned via the quest is special to you, as per original lore setup IIRC 

every warframe was matched prior to a single tenno , in this case excalibur umbra is ours the player

in the game it seems for the majority it acts like we players are individuals within the campaigns, not that many tenno still roaming around 

14 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Easy, the story really only happens to one tenno. Several people running around with the same frame doesnt break that. It is simply a gameplay solution in order to not having to rework the whole matchmaking system just to cater to 1 single frame out of 40+. However a single tenno owning several Umbra wouldnt work, since it is a unique frame with a unique backstory.

So just because several different tenno can use umbra at the same time, it doesnt mean they should skip immersion elsewhere. With groups it is one thing that they let it slide, since a rework for a single frame would mean allot of development needed in order to shield against a very minor thing. Since no other frame would abide to the "only 1 per group" rule, since all normal tenno-frames can be explained by the tenno sharing their blueprint knowledge with others after that special snowflake tenno we play has gone through the story the frame is tied to.

Yeah i guess you are right having multiple copies of umbra would not work warframe would not be the same anymore ppl would stop to ask for in game auction house
There would be no more AFKers ppl would stop selling rivens for enormous amounts of plat and each new update would be without bugs or did u mean something else by that?
Could something else dont work by us having multiple copies of umbra? Since no1 but us would know how many and if any copies we have we still would bring only 1 of them to the mission and on top of that players who need that immersion could simply ignore that option and dont buy a copy so just cause someone dont need or want something does not mean others should not have access to it by definition

But jokes aside and just keep in mind this is still a game and not an visual novel

I dont need to own several umbras i dont ask to be able to have multiple copies i ask why its missing from simaris? That is the only case here but seems no 1 knows just suspect or plain hide behind lore reason which they just made up for sake of hiding behind the lore but whatever
Even if it would be there we could still be restricted to buying it only if we dont already own one in our inventory and it would still be unique but actually i wonder what in your mind means that its unique and have unique backstory i dont see how having more than 1 copy would damage it in any way maybe you would care to explain it any further?

I Just want to make something clear
In my case its not about the copy its just about focus lens i installed which i cant remove
I came back few weeks ago into the game after like half year of not playing and i was wondering what i can buy from simaris since my standing is maxed in his syndicate
While last time i i gained last focus from which i maxed my last school was like 4 years ago and i installed lens on umbra like i believe few months prior so since like more than 4 years i live with that lens and i dont see any problem in that i dont even play umbra that much i just take him from time to time on a mission for nostalgic reasons
And i really just wanted to see some serious reason why we cant buy that umbra from simaris but ppl here instead of being logic or at least serious hide behind lore or made up some theories just to defend their hypothesis its bizzare for me to a point i just cant believe they are serious about it just like you but well for me its just a game for you it can be most important story of your life which should stick to its lore for no matter what cost just when i think about it making copy of umbra would not break lore in any way more than the fact that i and you have a copy of UNIQUE frame with UNIQUE backstory which many other tenno posses also so there are multiple copies of it in origin system
And if you care to again bring argument "for gameplay sake of matchmaking" think what you are saying since now you care about gameplay and not the lore?
I guess that proves how all ppl who hide behind lore are strict about their views on it
Its lore when its argument for them but its for gameplay sake wen lore cant be argument anymore

Believe or not but your interpretation for the reason why simaris dont sell umbra is most interesting ive seen here so far

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

is not so much a signal one exists but that the one you earned via the quest is special to you, as per original lore setup IIRC 

every warframe was matched prior to a single tenno , in this case excalibur umbra is ours the player

in the game it seems for the majority it acts like we players are individuals within the campaigns, not that many tenno still roaming around 

Nothing personal i just wonder are we talking about same thing here?
Are we playing game or reading trough visual novel?
Is it still being updated and maintained piece of a codded program or recorded movie we are just watching?

i would agree with all ppl hiding behind the lore if for example we could not go fight with normal alad V after we fight with him in his mutalist form IDK maybe he wasnt as unique as umbra and didnt have enough unique backstory and that happens when there are multiple copies of something running around?
I bet only @SneakyErvinknows answer to that questions

1 minute ago, ZeroX4 said:

Is it still being updated and maintained piece of a codded program or recorded movie we are just watching?

i would agree with all ppl hiding behind the lore if for example we could not go fight with normal alad V after we fight with him in his mutalist form IDK maybe he wasnt as unique as umbra and didnt have enough unique backstory and that happens when there are multiple copies of something running around?

well technically you should view the game on both the coded game approach and the lore it revolves around , but also take into account the history of the frame

if we are talking lore wise umbra is the geared warframe for the user to have as their personal frame and the 1st of the umbra line

if we are going coding wise & lore wise all other frames are clones as is umbra using the foundry so there isnt a reason for a singular  one

codign wise creating dupes of umbra is a simple so no reason

so there is another factor to consider 

the leyou agreement

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*] - General Discussion - Warframe Forums

which is located here along with other info and discussion on it

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3908840845?pn=0&

On the international forums, there has been a discussion led by Rebecca with regards to the Chinese warframe. This discussion has lead to confusion over what the Umbra Excalibur, Nikana, etc etc. Therefore, we have had a discussion with DE in that effect.

As Rebecca has mentioned, we will be release a series of Umbra warframes (not skins), it is possible that there will be an umbra Excalibur as the first of the umbra series however the "Originator's" (which means founder) umbra Excalibur prime will not be commonly available. The Umbra Excalibur Prime is an exclusive warframe developed by DE for the Chinese version of warframe and is only available to "Originators". This warframe will not appear in game to purchase under the market nor will it drop in game. We (Changyou) and DE has finalized and agreed on this and will not be changing our position on this.

In other developments, the Prime (samurai blade or Nikana) and Prime (drill/screw Kunai) will not be on sale in the market and neither will it drop for China warframe players. These weapon are also exclusive to China warfame "Originators".On the international side however, these weapons will be released under an unknown format (might be event? market? Prime Access or anything that DE can think up of) after China warframe's Originator's pack sale have concluded

originally excalibur umbra was made as chinaframes founders excalibur umbra prime (loop hole to not allowing excal prime to return) 

this sparked a huge controversy in the community , and after years we were told excalibur umbra prime would come to the global build as excalibur umbra along with starting a new line of warframes (dev 58? iirc) (dev 125 more umbras coming)

he was specifically not allowed to be obtainable beyond a quest and in a way that was special and non duplicatable 

13 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

i think they already did

1 hour ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

well technically ...

Well cool and all but still its a game and still that is hiding behind the lore and not explaining in game features or lack of them with lore

If you dont get it let me give you an example its like someone asks why thor can wield/lift his hammer and your only answer would be "because he is worthy"
But right answer to that question would be to explain why thor is worthy

Or other example like why justice league or batman v superman movies are not correct representations of batman and your only answer would be "because batman dont kill"
Correct answer would explain WHY batman dont kill 

Do you see now the difference between hiding behind lore and explaining something by using lore?

i think they already did

Im always happy when ppl use arguments of other ppl to justify their theories over something that they cant explain them self since in most cases that makes even less sense than intended
So lets sum it up 
"Several people running around with the same frame doesnt break that. " but being able to buy parts of exact same frame would break "that" ?
SOOOOooooooo evidence that there exist copies of item X explains why we cant have copies of that X item or did i get something wrong? 
Or in other words there can exist copies of item X but no1 can have more than 1 copy of that item? Ow sorry for me being not precise enough

No one can have more than 1 copy of item X while we have multiple copies of that item X in the universe since it would break "that"

Thats some higher level theories even i cant comprehend but lucky enough you guys know right answers for wrong questions and are willing to guide ppl like me trough ;)

14 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

Yep, and it doesn't limit our general gameplay in any way. Umbra being special shouldn't either.

Alternatively, DE could give us an option to remove lenses, an option to use different polarities on different upgrade slots, as well as unlimited upgrade and appearance slots. But isn't it too much work when they could just make Umbra and Skiajati purchasable from Simaris?

13 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

But jokes aside and just keep in mind this is still a game and not an visual novel

I dont need to own several umbras i dont ask to be able to have multiple copies i ask why its missing from simaris? That is the only case here but seems no 1 knows just suspect or plain hide behind lore reason which they just made up for sake of hiding behind the lore but whatever
Even if it would be there we could still be restricted to buying it only if we dont already own one in our inventory and it would still be unique but actually i wonder what in your mind means that its unique and have unique backstory i dont see how having more than 1 copy would damage it in any way maybe you would care to explain it any further?

Not being a visual novel doesnt mean all immersion needs to or can be broken. Certain things need to be broken for mechanical reasons, like us seeing other Umbra in a group with Umbra. Simaris store however doesnt need to mechanically have a spare set of Umbra, because we cannot sell him to begin with. They could go strict on Umbra immersion in groups aswell by limiting him to only 1 per group, but that would require a massive rework of the matchmaker system, which is hardly worth reworking for the sake of 1 single frame out of 40+.

What makes Umbra unique is that he is alive and not just a dormant meatpuppet and he has an actual "human" bond with our tenno. Not only that, but alot of struggle was involved to "break" him in. So fairly sure a store bought copy wouldnt be much more tame.

You also completely ignore the crafting process and requirements of Umbra, which are not lore related, but would require DE to completely rework the frame to fit on Simaris and regular crafting rules. Which is pointless since we cannot sell nor subsume Umbra.

And since you arent interested in more umbra and just want to know why it isnt on Simaris, it is very odd you dont accept the simple answer which is. Because he cannot be sold in the first place.

18 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

so there is another factor to consider 

the leyou agreement

18 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

he was specifically not allowed to be obtainable beyond a quest and in a way that was special and non duplicatable

I don't see that line in the agreement you quoted. Can you quote it specifically? Or are you just mistaking Excalibur Umbra for Umbra Excalibur Prime, which remains Chinaframe exclusive?

9 minutes ago, Xaero said:

But isn't it too much work when they could just make Umbra and Skiajati purchasable from Simaris?

It is more work to add Umbra and Skiajati on Simaris due to their special or non-exsisting crafting requirements. These arent your normal multi BP/multi part items. You have 1 single BP for umbra that requires nothing and skiajati is given for free. Not to mention that they are hardcoded to be produced and given at max rank aswell.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is more work to add Umbra and Skiajati on Simaris due to their special or non-exsisting crafting requirements. These arent your normal multi BP/multi part items. You have 1 single BP for umbra that requires nothing and skiajati is given for free. Not to mention that they are hardcoded to be produced and given at max rank aswell.

Revamping the entire gameplay system versus adding a "new" frame and a "new" weapon which are copied mechanically and visually from their originals in everything besides crafting requirements. They released so many frames and weapons over these years, I doubt adding blueprints for them takes much time. And I'm sure it doesn't take more time than adding completely new features and overhauling old ones.

10 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Revamping the entire gameplay system versus adding a "new" frame and a "new" weapon which are copied mechanically and visually from their originals in everything besides crafting requirements. They released so many frames and weapons over these years, I doubt adding blueprints for them takes much time. And I'm sure it doesn't take more time than adding completely new features and overhauling old ones.

Maybe it wouldnt take more time when you just look at it in time. It would however be a waste since it would cater to one frame and one weapon, and need to be redone if future similar instances occur. A system wide change would cater to the whole roster and all weapons, plus all future releases.

Imagine the bugs that could slip through, both that would impact Sacrifice aswell as the new normal crafting based Umbra and Skiajati. The current items are easy to slap on Simaris since they use normal crafting.

Simaris getting BPs was never about owning several frames of a type, it was about being able to get back frames you might have sold that were tied behind quests. If it was about getting several frames of a type then all frames should have been on Simaris after you've obtained them once.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Maybe it wouldnt take more time when you just look at it in time. It would however be a waste since it would cater to one frame and one weapon, and need to be redone if future similar instances occur. A system wide change would cater to the whole roster and all weapons, plus all future releases.

I doubt we'll be getting more cases like Umbra, but if there really are plans on adding more, then yeah, it's better to rework the current upgrade/appearance system. I certainly wouldn't mind that.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Imagine the bugs that could slip through, both that would impact Sacrifice aswell as the new normal crafting based Umbra and Skiajati. The current items are easy to slap on Simaris since they use normal crafting.

I'm pretty far from programming, so I might be wrong, but I think these bugs could be avoided if the game considered Umbra/Skiajati from the quest and Umbra/Skiajati from Simaris different entities disconnected from each other.

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Simaris getting BPs was never about owning several frames of a type, it was about being able to get back frames you might have sold that were tied behind quests. If it was about getting several frames of a type then all frames should have been on Simaris after you've obtained them once.

Maybe owning several frames was a bonus objective? Who knows. Yet the fact is we can own several frames of a type in all cases besides Umbra/Skiajati (and maybe founder items, not sure if DE made them repurchasable for founders, if they didn't, they certainly should), and it has its uses. And allowing the same for Umbra/Skiajati would definitely benefit me and players like myself if there are any:

On 2021-01-06 at 11:37 AM, Xaero said:

There are many players who use different frames and don't pick a favorite one. And there are many players who have one (or sometimes more) favorite pick.

And there are some players like myself who picked a favorite frame and find joy in playing this frame exclusively.

VE7DACC.png

ezgif-3-ef4d82d4fd1a.gif

(ignore different frames at the bottom line, they are just for articulas)

Reveal hidden contents

cYEhG7i.png

Ability infusion helps this playstyle a lot.

But different builds require different mods and different polarities. For example, I can't perfectly fit a stealth farming build without hurting tanky or damage-focused one.

ezgif-3-bf126290c915.gif

And I obviously need more than just 6 builds. Maybe I won't ever need 12 Umbras for that, but just one is definitely not enough. I have to use regular Excalibur for the other builds, but regular Excal is an inferior frame version.

And there's no way for me to apply a unique Umbra look to every loadout slot I use him in. Imagine how many different looks I had to delete already. Regarding fashionframe, I don't think even 12 Umbras would be enough for me.

ezgif-3-06756a558b45.gif

59 minutes ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

Interesting stuff about DE wanting to add more umbra frames at some point. Im not long enough into this game to have seen that mentioned before. It looks like they've solved that part by inventing the umbra forma? Pretty much allows anyone to turn their favorite frame into an umbra version if they want to.

I think that's a smart way to deal with it actually. I would otherwise be biting my fingernails until I ended up with bleeding wrist-stumps to finally get my frost umbra, while DE worked through all the other frames 1st.. I personally don't expect any "real" new umbra frames.

The only thing they could add to that would be to add sentience on your frame if you put 3 umbra formas in. 2 is usually good enough, that would be a motivator to add the final one.

From what you wrote one can understand that umbra waframe is just frame with umbra polarization in mod slot
While as like echos of umbra would suggest umbra warframe means that its sentient of its existence and can act on its own (well at least when we are not in it)

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not being a visual novel doesnt mean all immersion needs to or can be broken. Certain things need to be broken for mechanical reasons, like us seeing other Umbra in a group with Umbra. Simaris store however doesnt need to mechanically have a spare set of Umbra, because we cannot sell him to begin with. They could go strict on Umbra immersion in groups aswell by limiting him to only 1 per group, but that would require a massive rework of the matchmaker system, which is hardly worth reworking for the sake of 1 single frame out of 40+.

What makes Umbra unique is that he is alive and not just a dormant meatpuppet and he has an actual "human" bond with our tenno. Not only that, but alot of struggle was involved to "break" him in. So fairly sure a store bought copy wouldnt be much more tame.

You also completely ignore the crafting process and requirements of Umbra, which are not lore related, but would require DE to completely rework the frame to fit on Simaris and regular crafting rules. Which is pointless since we cannot sell nor subsume Umbra.

And since you arent interested in more umbra and just want to know why it isnt on Simaris, it is very odd you dont accept the simple answer which is. Because he cannot be sold in the first place.

Not being visual novel also dosnt mean it its hard written history behind which you need to hide like worshiper when you lack of logical explaination
Nothing unique as you call it would be lost striped from umbra if we could just buy its parts
But lets follow your logic lets admit that story is 1st so how about option that umbras shell/frame can be crafted but the mind of umbra cant
And so we can buy parts of umbra and we can craft it but we just get empty shell what we need to do is idk lets say to clem (for precious lore reasons) and transfer consciousness
into new crafted body sacrificing old one
Nothing of uniqueness is lost lore is not affected in any way and immersion into void is still intact 

Whatever you could possibly think of whatever you can say against the idea of being able to purchase umbra parts from whoever there always will be a way to implement it with lore/story

But considering how many things added/available to/in the game are anti-immersive i wonder why u struggle so hard to prove that 1 should not be added?
I wonder what gain you would have it it?

Preventing others from having something that could prove useful for them would make u sad? You could not sleep at night? What is your agenda here?
You would still be free not to use that feature if you dont like it or refuse its existence
You would not know how many and if any tenno even use it
You would not know how many copies of umbra if any a player have

Nothing absolutely nothing would happen if umbra would be available for purchase in game for those who already own it one way or another
But for some reason you seem to have urge need of defending against that idea like it would do you some kind of harm? i just dont get it

1 hour ago, Xaero said:

I am also no expert on programming but i know a BIT about game programming to be well aware its easier to implement something into existing environment than creating new one just for that 1 thing
So following this logic umbra is coded most likely like any other frame in the game nothing special about it from software standpoint
And from programming standpoint is it available for purchase or not have nothing to do with how it works
Most simple example i could give you would be to say that in game if you code a shop its like 1st you add item to a list then you add that you as player get that item viewed on the list then you need to add a price to the item
And here the trickery starts
Adding that item cost 100 gold wont do nothing
1st it need to be programmed so if you want to take said item you need to have 100 gold or more in your inventory and then you can take the item (other way you would be notified that you dont have enough gold but still get the item)
But thats not the end of the story
2nd part is to program that when you are taking that item from the list you lose 100 gold from your inventory
So adding new item would mean just copying part of the code and changing values so to speak of said item so you something else on the list and get something else than initial item into your inventory

So from technical point it is not as much work as you cold expect or as some could wish for

15 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

--snip-

i think you missed the point of   the explanation and the legal obligation via the leyou agreement

also you specifically asked  about the other user so im unsure of your reply for that, you asked i answered as was prior stated? 

Excalibur Umbra literally had so much red tape on it to even get to global , its not unthinkable that via the wording its not to be re-obtainable or duplicable because of that

now with tencent being an owner maybe, but to my recall they bought leyou and the agreement still stands 

i think you missed the point of   the explanation and the legal obligation via the leyou agreement

also you specifically asked  about the other user so im unsure of your reply for that, you asked i answered as was prior stated? 

Excalibur Umbra literally had so much red tape on it to even get to global , its not unthinkable that via the wording its not to be re-obtainable or duplicable because of that

now with tencent being an owner maybe, but to my recall they bought leyou and the agreement still stands 

I missed nothing i am well aware of controversial story behind excalibur prime and umbra
I am not winning or losing anything if its possible or not possible
I just find odd ppl trying to pull anything to justify umbra missing from simaris sell list
While i just asked is there a reason and no 1 seems to know i keep reading left and right only made up stories speculations hiding behind lore while its a game for starters and then throwing legal stuff into the mix
I dont mind arguing with ppl and keep finding plot holes or lack of integrity in their claims since all "reasons" could be easily bypassed with either good will or simple old fashion logic
I dont need to have another excalibur umbra i could but i dont need to i can live with what i have (well i do since 4 years so far anyway) its just bizarre that ppl tend to hold to line "no because no" and justify it with any way possible they see fit while its only their made up stories and speculations
Whatever is the real case the fact alone we have 1 item we cant re-buy (actually 2 since skiajati) or re-craft is pretty stupid im just happy i didnt have problem and was only asking

Archived