Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra simaris stuff missing?

ZeroX4

1 hour ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

If you put a lens on a frame, Umbra or not, it's your problem

You know you can't remove them, you made the choice to put it, it's not a good reason on its own to build an entire frame

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

Need?

NEED?

Amuse me. Why is it a "need"? What terrible thing is going to happen to you if you fail to remove that lens? Your mother is going to stop cleaning your room? Your fingers will fall off?

1 hour ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

12 of any frame is excessive beyond measure. There is no reason youd ever need 30 mod configs, possibly 60 if you buy the extra, EVEN including helminth possibilities. 

When we use forma its obvious we gonna lose that forma in the process for the polarization on a mod slot which is fair trade
We are warned what will happen that item with new polarization will get down to rank 0

Then we need to hit OK on confirmation notification to even do it
2 types of warnings 
But regardless we can use another forma to change or even remove that polarization so we should not worry some unwanted effects could take place even if it does since we could just revert it

Installing focus lens just notify us that we are about to use focus lens well its kinda obvious we will lose lens in the process but we will be able to gain focus so fair trade
NO warring how it will happen and on top of that we are not warned that process is irreversible (like in forma case)

Subsuming warframe we are warned what will happen to warframe what we will get and on top of that we need to literally type in "CONFIRM" before we are even able to proceed
2 types of warnings or 3 whatever

NONE of us was warned that we wont be able to get another excalibur umbra like any other warframe or weapon when using lens on it
We are notified what will focus lens do with short note on in ACTIONS window but not how will it work ingame

Im not kind of person who sold item X or rushed something in foundry and now demands an option to revert it while i was require to confirm that kind of action and now have problem
I just asked in this post why excalibur umbra is excluded from items we can purchase from simaris and that should end the story for you all
But if u need explanation just because that warning part i listed above JUST MAYBE i deserve right to correct my actions?

I was not informed i wont be able to remove lens once its installed
I was not informed that i cant get another copy of umbra
I was not informed that for the rest of my gameplay life if i care to play with said umbra i gonna randomly see additional waypoint which CAN be (and is for me) be distracting in heat of a mission
I DO NOT demand right to tons of umbras 
I DO NOT demand someone to reverse my actions
I just ask why i cant buy another copy of 1 frame like we can with all other frames/weapons
EVENTUALLY i could only WISH for a way to remove that lens 1 way or another

In the end Ailia_Grimm you are not any authority to judge what problem is whos problem (PSN)CommanderC2121 you are not authority to tell ppl that after certain amount of X item it starts to be excess of it and you Dhrekr are no authority to judge who can need something or not
Kinda in same way i could tell if u disagree with me its ur problem where its not the point of this post

If you claim its my problem that having 20 copies is too much and that i dont actually need it cool lets agree to it
But still question stays why its not an option to buy another copy of umbra from simaris or whoever even from darvo and clem
Who would suffer from that option or what harm could it bring since having that option you could just ignore it while other could use it and benefit from it

k5jBB3p.png

31 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

When we use forma its obvious we gonna lose that forma in the process for the polarization on a mod slot which is fair trade
We are warned what will happen that item with new polarization will get down to rank 0

Then we need to hit OK on confirmation notification to even do it
2 types of warnings 
But regardless we can use another forma to change or even remove that polarization so we should not worry some unwanted effects could take place even if it does since we could just revert it

Installing focus lens just notify us that we are about to use focus lens well its kinda obvious we will lose lens in the process but we will be able to gain focus so fair trade
NO warring how it will happen and on top of that we are not warned that process is irreversible (like in forma case)

Subsuming warframe we are warned what will happen to warframe what we will get and on top of that we need to literally type in "CONFIRM" before we are even able to proceed
2 types of warnings or 3 whatever

NONE of us was warned that we wont be able to get another excalibur umbra like any other warframe or weapon when using lens on it
We are notified what will focus lens do with short note on in ACTIONS window but not how will it work ingame

Im not kind of person who sold item X or rushed something in foundry and now demands an option to revert it while i was require to confirm that kind of action and now have problem
I just asked in this post why excalibur umbra is excluded from items we can purchase from simaris and that should end the story for you all
But if u need explanation just because that warning part i listed above JUST MAYBE i deserve right to correct my actions?

I was not informed i wont be able to remove lens once its installed
I was not informed that i cant get another copy of umbra
I was not informed that for the rest of my gameplay life if i care to play with said umbra i gonna randomly see additional waypoint which CAN be (and is for me) be distracting in heat of a mission
I DO NOT demand right to tons of umbras 
I DO NOT demand someone to reverse my actions
I just ask why i cant buy another copy of 1 frame like we can with all other frames/weapons
EVENTUALLY i could only WISH for a way to remove that lens 1 way or another

In the end Ailia_Grimm you are not any authority to judge what problem is whos problem (PSN)CommanderC2121 you are not authority to tell ppl that after certain amount of X item it starts to be excess of it and you Dhrekr are no authority to judge who can need something or not
Kinda in same way i could tell if u disagree with me its ur problem where its not the point of this post

If you claim its my problem that having 20 copies is too much and that i dont actually need it cool lets agree to it
But still question stays why its not an option to buy another copy of umbra from simaris or whoever even from darvo and clem
Who would suffer from that option or what harm could it bring since having that option you could just ignore it while other could use it and benefit from it

k5jBB3p.png

Sorry, but my attention span isn't long enough for me to read all of this, so I'll only reply to the first part

The many warnings when you put a forma on a frame or weapon is already too much, Steve has stated this very problem in a devstream, that by adding to many warnings, we become numb to it & don't even bother to pay attention to them anymore, not even noticing them in the first place

1. It doesn't change my first statement, you know what you are doing when you put a lens on a frame or weapon, it's your own fault

2. Why do you care so much about removing it? Your frame isn't going to disappear if you keep the lens, so why?

4 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

2. Why do you care so much about removing it? Your frame isn't going to disappear if you keep the lens, so why?

Apparently this whole meltdown is caused by the fact that the Focus Convergence orb that spawns every couple of minutes is distracting.

Nothing else.

And that's the only reason for the whole kerfuffle. "A yellow thing spawning on the map once every two minutes is distracting. I wasn't warned. Give me a second Excalibur Umbra."

39 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

My sweet child, I want to point out I am not and never was against this idea. I was, merely, truly puzzled by the idea that you "NEEDED" one.

I hope you'll get your second Excalibur Umbra - although, to be honest, I'd be surprised.

38 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Apparently this whole meltdown is caused by the fact that the Focus Convergence orb that spawns every couple of minutes is distracting.

Nothing else.

And that's the only reason for the whole kerfuffle. "A yellow thing spawning on the map once every two minutes is distracting. I wasn't warned. Give me a second Excalibur Umbra."

My sweet child, I want to point out I am not and never was against this idea. I was, merely, truly puzzled by the idea that you "NEEDED" one.

I hope you'll get your second Excalibur Umbra - although, to be honest, I'd be surprised.

Just because something is not annoying or distracting for you does not mean it cant be annoying or distracting for others
I dont care to judge if it is important or i just have some end game 1st world problems
In same way ppl talking to much on a chat while in mission could annoy you while for me ppl who dont talk at all could be annoying
Whatever we both have means to deal with it we can either ignore talkative types or engage chat conversation with silent ones

I simply ask whats the problem in just having option to buy another copy of umbra like any other frame what harm it could cause?
The hell with the focus lens it just dont make sense that we can buy anything else just not that 1 thing
I could even wonder why we cant remove installed lens with one of a same type like we can do with forma

I brought another inaros because of same lens reason no problem there why im prohibited for doing exact same thing with umbra? Who or what would suffer if i and any1 else had option to do so?

If there was warning about not being able to remove lens and being stuck with focus waypoint ingame while installing lens i would not even make this thread i would not even try to engage with support but since there was no warning i feel cheated that i can fix that kind of mistake on any other frame but not just that

1 hour ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

you are not allowed dupes due to his singularity nature

With this kind of logic, only a single player should own Umbra (and have access to story missions, if we go that far).

So let's just pretend only a single Excal Umbra exists in the game (like we already do anyways), and have a chance to purchase additional ones purely for gameplay purposes.

1 minute ago, ZeroX4 said:

Just because something is not annoying or distracting for you does not mean it cant be annoying or distracting for others

Yes, my child. That's why I said twice that you find it distracting.

Thanks for agreeing with me that you find it distracting (??).

4 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Who or what would suffer if i and any1 else had option to do so?

Nobody, my child. That's why I said that I hope you get your second Excalibur Umbra. I said that because I don't think I would suffer in any way, dear.

And I do hope that you get it.

But I can't give it to you, my child, no matter how much I want. I am merely a fellow player who agrees with you.

And please don't write long passive-aggressive replies to people who say "I wish you'll get what you want". It is a bad look. You look like what you want is a fight and not a solution to your problems, my child.

The answer is that when Umbra was released, Simaris didn't sell old quest stuff, so there was no way to get something from a quest that you had sold if it wasn't available elsewhere. They wanted you to keep Umbra, so they made him unsellable. Then, later, when they put old quest stuff in Simaris' shop, they neglected to add Umbra because you couldn't sell him. It's an oversight.

1 hour ago, Xaero said:

With this kind of logic, only a single player should own Umbra (and have access to story missions, if we go that far).

So let's just pretend only a single Excal Umbra exists in the game (like we already do anyways), and have a chance to purchase additional ones purely for gameplay purposes.

Its almost end of 2nd page of this topic and just now someone noticed this is a game and not a story book

9 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Why is there always people that want the same thing in 153 copies?

You don't need another Umbra

Because some people want spares. Your views don't translate to how everyone else plays. It hurts nobody to have a way to gain duplicates of unobtainable or one-time equipment.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Because some people want spares. Your views don't translate to how everyone else plays. It hurts nobody to have a way to gain duplicates of unobtainable or one-time equipment.

That's why I asked, I don't get that

I'm only playing a frame one way or two ways max, take Umbra for exemple, I have my base build that I use when fighting Sentients, & a second build when I use my Necramech so he can follow me & not die easily on his own

If I want another way to play, I take another frame, there're so many that I don't need 78 different builds for one frame

33 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

That's why I asked, I don't get that

I'm only playing a frame one way or two ways max, take Umbra for exemple, I have my base build that I use when fighting Sentients, & a second build when I use my Necramech so he can follow me & not die easily on his own

If I want another way to play, I take another frame, there're so many that I don't need 78 different builds for one frame

Some players just like to really optimize different loadouts. I have 2 Saryn Primes. One is for DPS/Buffing/other stuff, and the other one is for Profit-Taker. This is because my Profit-Taker loadout has 2 Umbral Forma and about 3 or 4 Vazarin polarities. You simply can't fit a normal Saryn build on that kind of config.

Having the availability for spares is a perfectly reasonable request and I do hope they make sure every item has a way to be obtained more than once.

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Some players just like to really optimize different loadouts. I have 2 Saryn Primes. One is for DPS/Buffing/other stuff, and the other one is for Profit-Taker. This is because my Profit-Taker loadout has 2 Umbral Forma and about 3 or 4 Vazarin polarities. You simply can't fit a normal Saryn build on that kind of config.

Having the availability for spares is a perfectly reasonable request and I do hope they make sure every item has a way to be obtained more than once.

I was mostly referring to the guy claiming to have 12 Saryns, read my post right above yours, I quoted it 

10 hours ago, Uan91 said:

the starving man is not paying, most of us are paying for a good product

LOL. Nonsense. 

If the f2p model from mobile games holds up, a vast majority of us aren't paying. Furthermore, those of us who do pay, typically get what we paid for, when we pay for it. You show me the cheques you paid, or the receipts you got for paying for umbral sentience for all warframes and you will have made a case. Until then you are just whistling Dixie, and don't even have half a loaf of bread to tide you over. 

🙄

6 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Other than that, in what world do you need 12 Saryns? If you can convince me, maybe I could agree with you:

There are many players who use different frames and don't pick a favorite one. And there are many players who have one (or sometimes more) favorite pick.

And there are some players like myself who picked a favorite frame and find joy in playing this frame exclusively.

VE7DACC.png

ezgif-3-ef4d82d4fd1a.gif

(ignore different frames at the bottom line, they are just for articulas)

Spoiler

cYEhG7i.png

Ability infusion helps this playstyle a lot.

But different builds require different mods and different polarities. For example, I can't perfectly fit a stealth farming build without hurting tanky or damage-focused one.

ezgif-3-bf126290c915.gif

And I obviously need more than just 6 builds. Maybe I won't ever need 12 Umbras for that, but just one is definitely not enough. I have to use regular Excalibur for the other builds, but regular Excal is an inferior frame version.

And there's no way for me to apply a unique Umbra look to every loadout slot I use him in. Imagine how many different looks I had to delete already. Regarding fashionframe, I don't think even 12 Umbras would be enough for me.

ezgif-3-06756a558b45.gif

23 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

And imagine i need that feature only because i cant remove that bloody lens from my umbra
I even contacted support willing to do whole quest from the scratch or whatever else i would need to do rank it up forma it again whatever anything just remove that god damn lens
But support dont provide such service and im left with a problem and imagine my pain when i see umbral mods but no umbra parts for sell at simaris

Uh, as far I recall you can replace Lens right?..

42 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Uh, as far I recall you can replace Lens right?..

Yep but asyo u see in the part you quoted i care to REMOVE it not REPLACE
Its not a big deal but would be cool not to have additional waypoint popping in mission and me realizing i was going opposite way to focus WP instead of the WP i should
Just QoL change

1 hour ago, Xaero said:

Nvidia overlay recorder, then converted to gif.

I was afraid u say that i hate that overlay well even so i have it well whatever thx

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'd say the reason why Umbra isnt on Simaris is because he is sentient and unique, all other frames are just meatbag assembly line copies. And since there is no way to sell him they can stick to the lore. Same deal with Skiajati.

NOT AN ATTACK
Just an observation

People like you forget we are playing a GAME we are not reading a BOOK nor is it a MOVIE

With same logic we can start to argue why necramechs are able to spawn only on orphix venom event but cant spawn on regular mission with exact same titleset
Or how we are able to fight same bosses over and over repeat same quests eq 2nd dream
Where is your lore now?

Again not an attack just an observation

10 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

NOT AN ATTACK
Just an observation

People like you forget we are playing a GAME we are not reading a BOOK nor is it a MOVIE

With same logic we can start to argue why necramechs are able to spawn only on orphix venom event but cant spawn on regular mission with exact same titleset
Or how we are able to fight same bosses over and over repeat same quests eq 2nd dream
Where is your lore now?

Again not an attack just an observation

Some of us are still happy to get some form of immersion.

Necramechs are a WIP atm, Orphix is to test it out, DE have that straight up.

Bosses follow your regular supervillain 101 rule, they rarely die and we fight them over and over.

23 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

You seem to forget that this operation is also a test on how they are used in regular missions, so DE can fix the bugs or adjust the Mechs

How is that an argument for you?

Archived