Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

CvE9SEVUMAAiWiy.jpg:large

Welcome Tenno to the Umbra Discussion and Appreciation Thread [old V1 here ]

Feel free to join the >>Discord Server<<

• This Main Post contains items that have been discussed at length in the thread (old and new), items are condensed for quick access to allow those new to the content to quickly catch up on the basic topics discussed. Please review the content before posting, if your still unclear on some subjects please inquire in the thread or in a DM
  • Topics have been split and categorized in a section that can be opened via the spoiler button, so you can read its contents and sub section(s) at your convenience. 
  • Console players please note the topics can be spoiler heavy as can discussions, please keep this in mind when participating

Umbra Pol [FAQ:12/1/21[Read Before Posting]

Spoiler

Please keep all discussions civil and respectful Tenno.

If you have any new [info/videos /pictures] on the subject please submit it to the discord/dm me/ or the thread.

if you're unsure of your source's origins, please send it either one of the moderators or admins, or myself before posting 

Note: info provided must be authentic, please do not start/spread/discuss misinformation or datamined/hacked info

A reminder to everyone, to not troll or spread mis-information on Excalibur Umbra. We understand you want him. However, spreading mis-information will only lead to posts being removed, please refer to the forum code of conduct:

"2a) LEAKED/DATA-MINED CONTENT- Please do not promote or share leaks or data-mined information in the forums. If you are concerned about leaks, please PM the DE staff. Continued posting of leaks/rumors will result in a warning point if the action continues after initial contact. We want to assure all Tenno are able to share in the excitement of new content when it is released to public. Addressing speculation and rumors takes attention away from the crucial content, changes, and fixes that are prioritized to further improve the game."~NovusNova

Spoiler

unknown.png

Excalibur prime is the prime variation of Excalibur warframe, but its restricted specifically to founders, the founders' program is no longer available and will not be returning due to exclusivity of the founders' content.  

However, the general public will be able to obtain Excalibur Umbra an available variation parallel to the prime on completion of the sacrifice quest.

What is Excalibur Umbra 

Spoiler

Excalibur Umbra is an Excalibur variant based on "Shadow Sanctuary Sword Prime", otherwise known as Umbra Excalibur Prime, a founder's pack exclusive in Star Armor: WARFRAME, the Chinese version of Warframe. It is not a skin for Excalibur, but an entirely separate Warframe with its own stats and polarities, similar to how Prime variants have their own stats and polarities. the chinaframes founder system unlike globals is an ever-open system available [examples below]

5SXHPKd.jpg

IRLU0QO.png

http://i.imgur.com/5SXHPKd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IRLU0QO.png

How do I obtain my Excalibur Umbra?

Spoiler

You must complete all mainline quests prior to it, an example path is

natah->The second dream->the war within-> the chains of harrow->apostasy prologue-> the sacrifice

Will more Umbras come besides Excalibur umbra?

Spoiler

YES more will come , eventually

Devstream 58 it was stated that "UMBRAS ARE COMING TO GLOBAL, STARTING OFF WITH EXCALIBUR UMBRA" 
Devstream 125 confirmed more umbra warframes would be coming to warframe in the future, currently discussed is non lore deployment "We have had internal discussions about creating new Umbra Warframes, but there are no plans yet! It isn’t likely that any new ones would be lore dependent like Excalibur Umbra."
Devstream 152 umbra's are shelved for now as other tasks/projects have a higher priority at this time, as of now none are in development stages, but they are still in the plans for the games future 

the description of frames to follow Excalibur Umbra are called the Umbra Warframes

A darker side to the Prime Warframes ,  Lore connections: (Warped version of Warframes) (this might not happen lore wise now)
It was initially discussed that the umbra frames would be a limited series (Every Frame will get a prime someday, but not all frames will get an umbra)
it was stated Umbra warframes would be a limited series, some will get Umbra variants but not all, this has not been reconfirmed however, so hopefully umbra will become a thing like primes

Didn't DE say that Excalibur Prime would never return?

Spoiler

Excalibur Prime is not returning.

Umbra Excalibur Prime has different stats from the global builds Excalibur Prime, and is limited to the Chinese version of Warframe which for all intents and purposes is an entirely different game.

Excalibur Umbra itself is going to be a direct upgrade to the standard Excalibur warframe that will be available to all tenno new and old 

excalibur umbra is not the same as its china counterpart as its free to all in the global build while excalibur umbra prime  is only available to founders of star armor 

the character models however are the same

[Is Excalibur Umbra just a Reskin?]

Spoiler

Per [DE]Danielle:

Hey Tenno, 

Although we appreciate the intrigue we have shared all available plans for Excalibur Umbra at this time on the Forums and in Devstreams #58, #61, #64, and #65. Simply put, we do not want to release Umbra as a reskin. Instead, we are focused on giving it systemic depth and integrating it as a unique component to the game. 

We will continue to update you here on the Forums and in the devstreams as we work to develop Umbra's overall concept. 

Thank you ^.^
also 

How do we get More Umbra Frames?

Spoiler

at this time you can only get Excalibur Umbra , and he cannot be traded or deleted from your inventory, Excalibur umbra is acquired via The Sacrifice Quest

in theory we have disscused 

the Umbra system was initially discussed by DE on this topic

This is referring to the actual implementation of how we of the global will obtain umbra(s) in game, similar to how we acquire prime parts in the void and derelict (via relics) or possibly via a quest like inaros and titania. 
Currently how we obtain the other umbras is not known at this time

Regarding to The Scarf Cosmetic]

Umbra Pol[Log&Index]

Spoiler

The main post is Updated routinely and is peer-reviewed to make sure all content is current and valid

This Log describes whats been changed in the thread by mako 

LOG:5/27/2022

[ The purpose of this thread is to help those new to the umbras concept, or looking for more info to easily get involved and prevent more Umbra question post/threads from appearing, keeping all info in one easy to access location]

I personally hope the devs can pull from the discussion(s) for ideas and gain new concepts for the further development of Warframe

~ Best Regards

Mako

5a73450f 0d04 4cf8 b5e0 102c7faf9620

Changyou post translated

Spoiler

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3908840845?pn=0&

On the international forums, there has been a discussion led by Rebecca with regards to the Chinese warframe. This discussion has lead to confusion over what the Umbra Excalibur, Nikana, etc etc. Therefore, we have had a discussion with DE in that effect.

As Rebecca has mentioned, we will be releasing a series of Umbra warframes (not skins), it is possible that there will be an umbra Excalibur as the first of the umbra series however the "Originator's" (which means founder) umbra Excalibur prime will not be commonly available. The Umbra Excalibur Prime is an exclusive warframe developed by DE for the Chinese version of warframe and is only available to "Originators". This warframe will not appear in game to purchase under the market nor will it drop-in game. We (Changyou) and DE has finalized and agreed on this and will not be changing our position on this.

In other developments, the Prime (samurai blade or Nikana) and Prime (drill/screw Kunai) will not be on sale in the market and neither will it drop for China warframe players. These weapons are also exclusive to China warfame "Originators". On the international side however, these weapons will be released under an unknown format (might be event? market? Prime Access or anything that DE can think up of) after China warframe's Originator's pack sale have concluded

Appreciation art [Mega thread milestones]

Umbra Pol[News]Umbra Pol2/26/2021

Spoiler

headerBG.jpg

Umbra News:

• Echos of the Umbra has been shelved for now (possibly being implemented later in new way?) 
  • with the release of NIGHTWAVES players are able to obtain Umbra Forma from this system (only way currently)
  • with release of EMPYREAN railjack players can earn umbra forma blue prints from railjack missions
  • Devstream 58 it was stated that "UMBRAS ARE COMING TO GLOBAL, STARTING OFF WITH EXCALIBUR UMBRA" 
  • Devstream 125 confirmed more umbra warframes would be coming to warframe in the future, currently discussed is non lore deployment "We have had internal discussions about creating new Umbra Warframes, but there are no plans yet! It isn’t likely that any new ones would be lore dependent like Excalibur Umbra."
  • Devstream 152 umbra's are shelved for now as other tasks/projects have a higher priority at this time, as of now none are in development stages, but they are still in the plans for the games future 

Pablo Interview (china build)

Question 3:

My favorite warframe is Excalibur Umbra. I'm curious about the next Umbra warframe will be, and what forms the Umbra series is going to be unveiled?

Pablo:

We don't really have plans for more Umbras at the moment. Excalibur Umbra is pretty special in the way that we did it. Like you know, there was a story behind it and obviously a request for sacrifice, it's all revolving a big kind of the origins of Excalibur Umbra.

So, never say never, but at this point we don't really have plans to go further into now making... you know, we have 49 warframes, so you know making 48 more Umbras is kind of daunting.

• as per 152 devstream team is still working on a lot of projects and backlog (both and probably due to covid and tencent buyout changes "imo" ) they are as of yet still a future content to be determined at this time , did get info that if 48+ are considered , then umbras probably wont be a limited series in number 

Umbra Pol[Umbra Warframes & Info]

Spoiler

[Umbra Warframes]

Spoiler
  1. dark and twisted versions of the warframes we know
  2. at this time dev 58, 125, 152 has confirmed that more umbras would come to warframe, in the future 

Umbra Polarity

The umbra warframes have their own specific polarity, Umbra - U (Anti-Sentient Mods) Umbra Pol 

these mods are equitable on other frames but it seems only umbra frames innately have this polarity (to gain this polarity on normal frames & weapons it requires an UMBRA FORMA)

The Umbra warframes , what are they? 

• to our best understanding these are the Sentient Slayer Strain, the darker side to the primes that are built to have an advantage against sentients 
  • at this time the Umbra frames have Innate UMBRA polarities  
  • the Excalibur variant has an AI specter feature when in operator mode (we dont know if this extends to other umbras yet) (echos of umbra was to give this to normal frames per item)
  • Umbra frames possess an Innate debuf to sentients it seems via a special alternative power in their power set (in Excalibur Umbras case it is radial howl)
  • the weapons of umbras also contain umbra polarities built in (as in skijati)

How did umbras start?

Spoiler

"How was the "umbra" series designed in the first place? what was the inspiration?"

"With Excalibur Prime on Founders lockdown in the Global build, we were tasked to create a version of Excalibur Prime for the China PC build...but it had to be different. Our Prime Warframes varied in Light and Dark colour schemes, so Mynki thought a dark version of Excalibur Prime would be cool. At the time, we were also working on PBR and newer cloth physics, and Umbra was an early test of that with extra shiny trim and a flowing syandana. The result was Excalibur Umbra. However,...the concept for Umbra's design is not nearly as intriguing as our plans for it in the future. - Dave, Producer!"

Umbra Frames (list)

Spoiler

Excalibur Umbra (june 2018) 

Spoiler
  • revealed in stararmor as Excalibur umbra prime per their founders program, it made its way to the global build as "Excalibur Umbra" the 1st of the Umbra warframe line
  • Excalibur Umbra was originally a human, an Orokin Dax soldier who was punished by Ballas for attempting to interfere with his betrayal. The soldier was deliberately exposed to the Infestation to become an anti-Sentientweapon, a "miracle" that requires "sacrifice", then psychologically tortured into rote obedience by forcing him to kill his son, Isaah.
  • As a result of Umbra's torment, he retains most of his sentience and is capable of acting on his own without the Tenno's control, even initially rejecting the Operator's Transference and going rogue. Umbra also carries the memories of his final moments before transforming into a Warframe, which the Operator discovers to contain codes that unlock Ballas's Vitruvian recordings of the Sentient's betrayal, the creation of Warframes, and the Tenno.
  • After seeing all of Umbra's memories, the Operator reassures Umbra that they will fight Ballas together. Upon seeing this act of compassion, Umbra calms down and finally accepts the Operator's Transference.
  • comes pre -equipped with Umbral Intensify, Umbral Fiber, and Umbral Vitality 
  • unlike the other excaliburs with Radial Blind, Umbra has Radial Howl, which not only blinds enemies, but also removes any active damage resistances from Sentient units and Shadow Stalker within range. However, this comes at the cost of having a longer casting animation.
  • excalibur umbra also has a unique exalted sword model 

ExaltedBladeR.png

ExaltedBladeU.png

new

Videos: Featured on tenncon 2017, e3 2018 and pcgaming show 2018 and the quest "the Sacrifice" 

TBD?

Umbra Pol [Discussions ]

Spoiler

Adacafa2 6a23 470e bcc2 1015eb5145d3

Please NOTE all concepts provided are conjecture and speculations which are theorized by participants of the thread/reddit/twitter.discord this is not solid info at this time, all info that has been provided by DE can be found in the [News] section & when it is made available

Most topics here are a generalization of many repeated topics discussed in this threads prior incarnations. V1, V2 V3(current), there has been a LOT of topics, so these generalized version of the disscusions 

spoilers due to discussions 

Current Speculation(s)

Spoiler

Part (A)

• to the current understanding of umbras, they were a branch off from the primes
  • per the vitruvian many people were turned into warframes, those became the primes , this was stimulated from the "infected gardens" as well as test subjects (volunteer or not) 
  • the resultant warframes were created as an attempt to use these altered/mutated warriors in combat for the orokin against sentient
  • However, they all turned on the orokin, and were sealed away
  • Per (rhino prime codex) it was only the act of a crazy scientist, who realized that transference could be used to control the warframes, and using tenno as the pilots (while dreaming) our minds calmed and soothed them making them usable 
  •  All frames to our understanding are clones,  via some original person who was turned by the Helmith strain Virus
  • the foundry is able to perfectly replicate frames and even those with memories such as umbra,  so it should be thought that all frames are a clone (prime) and an altered clone(non prime frames)
  • we've seen orokin have clone tech via grineer, but unlike the grineer (built to be flawed) the bodies of frames or cloned flesh is perfectly replicated along with memories
  • it seems operators, even unconscious, could eliminate these frames madness or bad memories. as see in the rhino p lore and the sacrifice, when awake operators can choose to keep or remove memories from frames to calm and subjugate them.
  • this is probably what led to mass frame production once enough units were made passive and controllable 

Vitruvian References:

Spoiler

69odAWm.png?width=1083&height=610r8aTaRN.png?width=1083&height=6108lXJlmR.png?width=1083&height=61080F6D5p.pngDit6nJn.png?width=1083&height=610

Rhino Prime Codex:

Spoiler

Red lights flashing on stark, white walls. Davis is running ahead of me, dropping his notes. We're running for our lives. The fear gives me a strange perspective - I'm out of my body. I've forgotten how I got here. I don't recognize this place.
Davis and I slam pinned against a cell door and he shouts at me. I give him a dumb look. I can't hear him, the sirens, anything, only the muffled throb of terror in my head. I turn away from Davis down the hall and I see it. The hulking mass, flickering red, glinting like steel and fresh blood. Its skin changes, flowing like mercury when I'm blinded by the sudden muzzle-flashes. They do no good. The beast surges forward and the security men become crimson mist and gore.

I'm a statue, a cornered animal. A gate opens inside me and recognition floods in. I have seen this monster before. I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers. I have given it pain and measured its response. I have crafted then rejected countless like it. But I've never seen this beast so close, without the shield, without restraints. I have never seen it... free.

I know I will die so I just watch with curious acceptance. The beast squats down, shovelling a heap of gore into its mouth. It is watching me with vague eyes, a sense of recognition, ancestral memory. It knows who I am and what I've done. It rears up like a bear and roars, shattering the lights and casting us into darkness. I can hear it lumbering toward me, its metal fingers rending the walls, but I know I am dead. I close my eyes and stand ready to pay.

I feel the pull on my arm and realize Davis got the cell open. He tugs me into the cell beyond and I fall on my back. I see Davis standing at the open door, waiting, as the monster tears towards us.

Suddenly I could live through this I shout, "Davis, close the goddamn door!" - But he shakes his head eyes wide as moons. He shouts, "Watch!" over the roaring and rending of metal.

Then silence. Davis is panting, laughing? The beast fills the doorway, inches from him, dripping in blood, but still without violence. It stands there, looking at its hands. Davis whispers, "No one would have believed me."

I crawl up the wall to stand, opposite the door. I've never seen this cell, a cold place with an array of shelves. A morgue? "Where are we, Davis?"

"This is where they keep them. The ones from Zariman." I'm thrown, what was the Zariman? The ship that never returned? "Davis, what's going on?"

Davis turns to me, a smile forming - "What's going on is..." he turns back to the beast now silent and calm.

"...big, fat promotions."

Part (B) the Umbra strains possible creation concept 

Now the umbras themselves where it seems a side project that ballas was looking into, frames more specialized in sentient takedown, as we saw with Excalibur umbra the body developed a weapon and umbra mods unique to it so perhaps the growth of new mods was goal as well given, we have prime mods (perhaps this is how mods are made?)

the current Excalibur umbra was test subject 9 that we can see per his lore loadscreen  , and was fitted with a transference bolt so ballas could speak to him mind to mind. the creation of the memory so umbra retained his mind was Key to making it through the changes that are described later.

let's call primes batch A, the virus that turns people into warframes

Now if you dont know a virus can inject and rewrite dna to say another's, though usually the viruses dna/rna, but in this case its an altered specified dna , this is something modern science is trying to use) 

now Batch B is the umbras , we've taken the strain specifically from a Batch A unit and tweaked it to be more specialized for sentient combat , this modified batch B probably is lower on success then A, as it require compatibility with the A warframes genetics, injecting failed at least 8 times before current Excalibur umbra candidates possibly and then succeeded due to the memory and possibly a kinship to the original Excalibur prime , as his dna accepted the changes but retained his mind, meaning his dna was close enough to the changed dna it accepted the dna edits naturally as its similar  

so then Excalibur Umbra was created by altering an Excalibur primes genetic code to be geared to fight sentients more effectively , subject 9 retaining his sense of self and not being consumed by this foreign DNA restructure , merged with his own dna and created what we call the Batch B warframes aka the Umbras (sentient slayer specific frames) given this methodology it matches umbras were in production to make more derived batch B genetics, but then we will have to find them , by which either a full umbra or someone who can become one by injecting with a serum of batch B altered virus that are a close enough of a match to the original human turned into the prime variant or vanilla 

Spoiler

unknown.png

Part (C)

•  as seen in the sacrifice: a medical apparatus is used to pump the umbra strain of the infected virus into the dax and as it empties, he becomes a warframe 
  •  another concept we have had is the Vitruvian we obtained in The Sacrifice will be used to unlock more info about the other umbra strain and synthesis or perhaps their possible location / obtainment 

Vitruvian & Medical Apparatus:

Spoiler

YU9NmDX.jpg

Q46UG5y.jpg

Man in the wall (wally) changes

Spoiler

man in the wall changes refrence images 

TSD

maxresdefault.png?width=1164&height=655

on completion of chains of harrow, they appear as a separate entity that vanish when looked away, most notably though the eyes are more intense and they appear randomly about the Liset doing various actions

hNgKBAH.png?width=1237&height=656

during chimera prologue the twin has the lotus helm so we cannot see its eyes but emits dark energy effects and spawns shadows of the lotus similar to rells shadows in chains of harrow

03a81913 0f2a 48c3 b319 cd1bb1c92102

Old Speculations (archived) 

Spoiler

Theories: frequently brought up ideas

There have been ample theories posted and discussed, these are condensed variations of the more frequently proposed theories 

• Lost Warframes

This Concept came to light as a result of the second war within trailer

in the trailer we see a lone operator climbing the steps of an old stone/snow covered temple (similar to inaraos in some ways) 

in this theory the Umbra series are frames that were sealed away due to their unstable powers, and due to the war within we possibly require their power to aide us in the coming battle

thus, we strike out to find them, maybe losing our current frame in the process making it more a necessity to locate the umbra frame(s) so that we may survive the coming battle 

some ideas of this are that the umbras frames are

• power suits operator wears
  • autonomous (like a specter)
  • (Based on rhino primes lore) is savage and requires taming 

Black ops Theory 

This theory revolves around the idea that the umbras are in fact black ops type frames developed by the orokin for doing missions that were to be covert 

Suggested concept is that the Umbra Warframes would be the "new" Frames discovered by quest and do not have an Immortal skin such as Mirage, Limbo, Chroma, etc. They had jobs that took them out from the war glory that Mag, Volt, and the rest did. They were not immortalized but live in the shadows until we the tenno rediscover them. as the umbra line is limited it would be a squadron dedicated to carry out these tasks  

Possibly this would allow for a new series of trials of becoming Umbra

• . Metamorphosis Theory 

there have been a few variations on this concept, discussed early on and recently, the common premise is that a warframe (vanilla) changes to the umbra variation 

permanent change is the premises, but a temporary variation was also discussed, some variations include

1. a story line quest that triggers the metamorphosis (specific to equip the vanilla variant) 
  2. a series of trials (in stages) that must be completed in order to acts as a catalyst to morph the standard to the umbra variant (discussion of equipping an umbra catalyst "item" like inaros urn in trials)
  3. in mission trigger (enemy, boss) that causes the change via cinematic change and battle 
  4. a sequence of events that lead to a rebirth 
  5. utilizing sentient Tech or combining it with orokin tech to create umbras
    reverse engineered prime orokin technology 
  6. with this concept in mind, instead of grinding for parts of umbra variants, it allows for player an engaging trial to achieve the umbra variant.
  7. which may make it more fun/worthwhile while also removing the need to delete vanilla variations many currently poses, and use them to gain the umbra variation.
  8. thus, limiting them to gain one per the standard variation used in the trial/mission/quest. thus, further allowing for expansion of umbra warframe pool to be brought on as trials are discovered, revealed 

Transference Theory

there have been many speculations revolving around the link between operator and warframe

some have theorized that the umbras are an autonomous warframe variations like the stalker , others have thought the frame is wild , or that they could be something new all together

either way the concepts relies on the basics of the transference theory

per emptydevil 

Transference and link system: 

So, what would happen to the operator's "consciousness" if their own body was lost while in link to a warframe

as we understand it the standard transference works as such

Standard Transference

operator body <neural interface> Surrogate body

this system is best displayed in the movie "avatar" featuring similar surrogate body manipulation

with this we can still access the original body and even control the warframe while awake (second dream operator is awake/aware and controls frame from orbiter) 

now let us reflect on a subject of the how an autonomous warframe would be possible

Full Transference(Forced full integration of operator consciousness into surrogate body) 

operator body <neural interface> Surrogate body

U19 Silver Grove info

The very first tests of Transference probably resulted in some Tenno/people having their minds permanently stuck into the surrogate body. Which prompts Margulis to make something to keep the remnants from affecting the future users of the tech:

"This will stop the voices from taking hold. You will have to dream, my angel..."

Another interesting bit, is the presence she felt when she transferred her mind into Titania:

"These past weeks, I've been secretly testing Transference on myself. I can only survive short bursts - linking to Titania the way only Tenno can stand. I've never felt anything like it. A tortured presence, like an evil ink, staining my mind. But... it worked. I'm going to use this wrong to make right."

It is likely that Stalker's Operator is trapped in its Warframe body with the original body being lost. The Stalker may have been one of the original test subjects for Transference as per the silver grove info

this may partially answer the stalker and hunhow discussion in the second dream

"All your dread-long life, you've waited for this moment. But you're asking yourself, 'Was I one of these wretched things?' You know the answer. You still hate them. You still hate yourself."

http://i.imgur.com/y02qlAz.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/mkjeBQX.jpg

Umbra Pol[The Vault]

Spoiler

This is a storage vault for images/video/ect reference for participants of the thread and others to use

The Sacrifice 

Spoiler

olj4jt.gif

unknown.pngVitruvian_Ballas.pngDe3Gh2EXcAE1NK2.pngimageproxy.pngimageproxy.pngWarframe7839.png

tz0mCML.png?width=1138&height=641r8aTaRN.png?width=1138&height=6418lXJlmR.png?width=1138&height=64169odAWm.png?width=1138&height=64180F6D5p.pngDit6nJn.png?width=1138&height=641MXVzxIB.png?width=1138&height=641

[Stalker And Umbra ]

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/SLLnEC4.jpg

Due to many Discussion this has images and reference sources 

One of the biggest topics discussed in the thread is the Stalker in relation (directly or indirectly) to Excalibur Umbra

U18 info

Exaclibur Umbra prime and Shadow Stalker design similarity

has been noticed by many Tenno, with slight changes in the ornamental parts 

some discussion on the stalker being an umbra base, prototype, or that the "Umbra Excalibur" might very well be a playable stalker warframe were discussed

possibly redemption or salvation of the stalker was also discussed

http://i.imgur.com/zAYEexc.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nwoFJmO.jpg7e931c8ef19267e8458106dbc3b2516e.png

http://i.imgur.com/jaSkKJA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BrTmoyz.png 

http://i.imgur.com/TujemYN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qBopGEI.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2zob584.png

Umbra Pol [Misc ]

Spoiler

Video

Art Gallery 

Spoiler

tumblr_o50kswtou71u51xn4o1_1280.jpg

By SlendyNamemie aka prime day

http://i.imgur.com/o97SiHX.jpg

http://static2.changyou.com/act/wf/201507/presell/pc/img/light/Warframe0383.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/8QHYEnv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Yfq3sDB.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/zQCMPe9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jBS29UF.jpg

Edited by (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako
thread bug fixes
  • Like 4

Hello All!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for a moderating/server mix-up that occurred earlier this morning. During a routine merge, a server hiccup interupted the process and ownership of the original Umbra Megathread was changed to @Dark5eiD, whose thread I was attempting to merge. Mistakes were made and I am grateful that this thread's OP was so understanding. 

Needless to say, sometimes a refresh is needed and although it was never intended to serve as such, I hope that this thread will be used just as well as its predecessor. Please join me in congratulating EternalDrkMako on his continued dedication to Warframe, its community, and for making this remarkable thread.

Thanks and apologies once more,

[DE]Aidan

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

well we were at 100 ... so technically 300 pages ...so 350

aka 50 pages xD

Your dedication is, if nothing else, admirable.

Here's hoping it'll come through for you in due time.

Good luck with the reboot.

So we all know we got that dope teaser at the end of the last devstream and that got me thinking how this could be applied to Umbra with a sacrifice. 

So what is an Umbra? we know it will be a new frame variant so what about its history? Im thinking that UmbraFrames are completely new unlike PrimeFrames. These would be the newest model created by some powerful force such as a Sentient or another living Orokin.

And now how does this fit with the concept of a sacrifice? I personally think that Helminth and that part in the back of his room will the sacrifice. I think that the UmbraFrames will be so different that the Tenno can not actually use one and through some conflict requiring the control of one the Tenno has to turn to Helminth to reprogram Him/Her/It biologically to be compatible with the UmbraFrames causing an alter in our mental state, physical state, or both.

Edited by KubrowTamer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KubrowTamer said:

So we all know we got that dope teaser at the end of the last devstream and that got me thinking how this could be applied to Umbra with a sacrifice. 

So what is an Umbra? we know it will be a new frame variant so what about its history? Im thinking that UmbraFrames are completely new unlike PrimeFrames. These would be the newest model created by some powerful force such as a Sentient or another living Orokin.

And now how does this fit with the concept of a sacrifice? I personally think that Helminth and that part in the back of his room will the sacrifice. I think that the UmbraFrames will be so different that the Tenno can not actually use one and through some conflict requiring the control of one the Tenno has to turn to Helminth to reprogram Him/Her/It biologically to be compatible with the UmbraFrames causing an alter in our mental state, physical state, or both.

this sounds like a lot more plausible umbra theory than another thread i was just in. I feel Helminth will have a big role. And it could very well be a role in umbra content. it may not be in the manner stated above, but its a good guess.

i'm still unsure of whether or not umbra will be shown at tennocon.

8 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Also consider that this teaser may not be related to Umbras.

Its just a loose theory on how the trailer could be applied to Umbra

In all honesty my first thought is that it could be a teaser for day night cycles and dynamic lighting / weather changes. Idk why but that is what i thought at first. In all honesty it could be anything but considering people think its umbra and there is some evidence to support that a theory or two is not harming anyone.

Edited by KubrowTamer

I heard that Void Glitch's account got nuked, if that's a sign for anything. It means that the SPOILER must already be in the global build, and DE doesn't want Void to find out, datamine it, and then release to the public. 

THE HYPE IS REAL #UMBRAISCOMING

That's why I changed my username recently. 

16 minutes ago, Umbrapocalypse said:

I heard that Void Glitch's account got nuked, if that's a sign for anything. It means that the SPOILER must already be in the global build, and DE doesn't want Void to find out, datamine it, and then release to the public. 

THE HYPE IS REAL #UMBRAISCOMING

That's why I changed my username recently. 

Hehe, it is inevitable :3