Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give completionists a chance to hit the cap of current Nightwave

Radu10

21 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

So casuals beated each weekly act, and also farmed a ton of standing from the other sources?

No, just did the daily/weekly acts. On most weeks, beating all the daily/weekly tasks should take you around 2-4 hours total (the "kill a Lich" act is the only exception I can think of - taking significantly longer than other acts). As you pointed out several times, this would put them at around rank 151 right now (say 130-150 , allowing for some missed tasks).

24 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

How do you call people who can't even beat a weekly and they barely reach rank 30/180 when series ends?

Some of them would be called "new players" - players who started Warframe this season and still find a lot of these tasks challenging.

Others would be called "players who did not participate in Nightwave this season" - since by now you'd get to rk. 30 by completing a bunch of tasks completely accidentally (weekly tasks like "do 3 exterminates" or "forma something" or "do 8 fissures").

32 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Me and some others were sure this series would be made similar to other seasons,

Seasons 1 and 2 lasted 3 months each. Season 3 lasted 8 months. It was pretty clear that any estimates would be wildly off - just from how different the seasons are!

36 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Also in other series people who wanted could manage to farm all missing ranks in last weeks

In both cases, that was tied to the final act of the series. We've had the last act of Glassmaker (Nihil fight) since October, at it's been clear since then that we were not getting a catchup mechanic this time.

42 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

not possible now 'cause those cephalites are made so u can get 150 every 25 minutes, so it's a lot more time consuming, and that time is not enough anyway...

That time is not enough if you start today. If you started earlier - there would be plenty of time.

43 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

You just seem be one lucky one who will maybe manage get 180, so watch out before calling other casuals, i found more people agreeding with me, and you are the first one saying u will maybe reach it, not enough to convince me otherwise

There is a very good summary of the problem with the argument you've just made right here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

At the end of the day, rank 30+150 is reachable - that's just a fact (whether you like it or not). The fact that you or other people agreeing with you were not able to reach that rank does not disprove it.

1 hour ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

That time is not enough if you start today. If you started earlier - there would be plenty of time.

So if you would had to farm those 'cause you got unlucky during the season, you would spent hundreds of hours in open world maps farming them, (I showed how much time it took to get 5 waves spawned)

You would have been ok with that farm? After you played the other seasons? I bet you would have come complain about it on forums

At the end of the day, rank 30+150 is reachable - that's just a fact (whether you like it or not). The fact that you or other people agreeing with you were not able to reach that rank does not disprove it.

Yeah maybe you will prove it is possible, but I want DE see how many will reach it compared to past series...
You are saying all people who completed previous seasons are still "casuals" like you just called me, 'cause they managed do reach cap on old series but not in this one, and yo can't just admit DE made this too tedious this time (just because "maybe" you will get it, I wonder what you had to say if you were in same situation tho).

Go farm those 5k standing and come here tell me how much time you spent on doing it ( I posted how much it took to just get 750)

Some of them would be called "new players" - players who started Warframe this season and still find a lot of these tasks challenging.

Others would be called "players who did not participate in Nightwave this season" - since by now you'd get to rk. 30 by completing a bunch of tasks completely accidentally (weekly tasks like "do 3 exterminates" or "forma something" or "do 8 fissures").

Yeah so removing those, completionists are left lol

I made this post, Survey about average Nightwave S3 rank - Missions & Levels - Warframe Forums

Go post your 180 when u get it

No. Not realistically.

Absolute maximum gains from tasks and Episode bonuses equates to 164.45 ranks  This leaves 155,500 expected from purely Glass Fissures.

Not counting the apparent 'skip cycle' where fissures fail to spawn once every few times, that's ~25 minutes per Fissure and (up to but not quite guaranteed) 150 per fissure.

That's 1037 fissures, that's 432 hours. Any amount of that could be lingering until the November date where January was specified as the intended (still not absolutely guaranteed, DE style) ending period.

Up to 432 hours in the space of two months and change - let's call it 2.5 even though the reality is less generous - is 24% of a person's entire sum total of time in that period; a holiday period also including an event which absolutely does not contribute to glass spawns.

It's even approximately 7% of the entire sum total of time this season will run for, spent on grinding something with no ingame tracker whatsoever.

That is not acceptable. Nightwave is architectured for playing smarter, not harder, to which this is polar opposite.

Just because some people AFK-farmed a hundred superfluous hours of Steel Path while it was exploitable does not make that a reasonable expectation for the general playerbase.

28 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

No. Not realistically.

Absolute maximum gains from tasks and Episode bonuses equates to 164.45 ranks  This leaves 155,500 expected from purely Glass Fissures.

Not counting the apparent 'skip cycle' where fissures fail to spawn once every few times, that's ~25 minutes per Fissure and (up to but not quite guaranteed) 150 per fissure.

That's 1037 fissures, that's 432 hours. Any amount of that could be lingering until the November date where January was specified as the intended (still not absolutely guaranteed, DE style) ending period.

Up to 432 hours in the space of two months and change - let's call it 2.5 even though the reality is less generous - is 24% of a person's entire sum total of time in that period; a holiday period also including an event which absolutely does not contribute to glass spawns.

It's even approximately 7% of the entire sum total of time this season will run for, spent on grinding something with no ingame tracker whatsoever.

That is not acceptable. Nightwave is architectured for playing smarter, not harder, to which this is polar opposite.

Just because some people AFK-farmed a hundred superfluous hours of Steel Path while it was exploitable does not make that a reasonable expectation for the general playerbase.

I agree, he can't represent the whole completionists players category and assume every player is in his same situation and rank and wrongly define them "casuals" if they're not.

With this post I am just try proving majority of completionists people are not satisfied 'cause lots of them will not reach cap rank ( and it's not their fault)

14 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Yeah so removing those, completionists are left lol

No! You asked me what I call players who only got to rk 30 this season - my claim was that they are either new or don't care about NW. There are plenty of active Warframe players outside those two categories - but they would have gotten much more 30/180.

23 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

ou would spent hundreds of hours in open world maps farming them

Why do you concentrate so much on open world maps? Glass fissures appear in almost every map in the game. I'm pretty sure the only mission type I haven't seen glass fissures in is the index (maybe also Rathuum - don't really play it)!

28 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

You are saying all people who completed previous seasons are still "casuals" like you just called me

What does completing previous seasons have to do with anything? Did you think that was a big achievement? What do you think doing so proves?

28 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

That "survey" has exactly the methodology issue I was warning you about about! What you neglected to ask is if the people were trying to get to the rank cap. If they were not trying to do it in the first place - then their answer does not mean anything for what you are attempting to prove here!

I could  go on that page and correct all the instances of you misrepresenting what I said, but I'll leave that on your conscience.

33 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Why are all of you fixated on the "November" date? the season started in May! Nobody said that the cap was achievable if you only started gaining standing in November!

37 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Nightwave is also not architectured for everyone to reach the level cap - that's why the unique rewards end at rank 30, not 180.

The design idea behind it is for you to reach rank 30 and get the final "big" reward there. Everything else is just frosting on the cake. And you can easily do that by "playing smarter, not harder". If you want to go beyond that - then you may be asked to work for it (consistently and long-term). Welcome to the grind!

1 minute ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Why are all of you fixated on the "November" date? the season started in May! Nobody said that the cap was achievable if you only started gaining standing in November!

Nightwave is also not architectured for everyone to reach the level cap - that's why the unique rewards end at rank 30, not 180.

The design idea behind it is for you to reach rank 30 and get the final "big" reward there. Everything else is just frosting on the cake. And you can easily do that by "playing smarter, not harder". If you want to go beyond that - then you may be asked to work for it (consistently and long-term). Welcome to the grind!

Previous Seasons and Intermissions allowed players to reach the cap through tasks. That's why the November date is important, because it's the only arguable date from which projected calculations could be made to determine task-based standing and the eventual cap. Even then, it wasn't a hard deadline. It was a vague intention, and we all know about how those usually turn out with DE - stands to reason we might have pushed through February before the end actually arrived.

Doing every task, every week, including dailies is putting the work in for it. Because the game doesn't track Fissure cycling, you are not expected to know when they will spawn, and every extraction between missions is a potential ~25 minute time loss if it just happened to cover the spawn window. Even the external timers aren't fully reliably accurate, and don't track the skip.

I might have spent over 400 net hours playing the game this season and yet I figure I've only gotten 100 equivalent hours of Glassed enemies. The abysmal value of the spawns and the untracked global time-gating make them absolutely unreasonable to expect any given amount killed. They are strictly superfluous and cannot be reasonably required for the cap.

40 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

With this post I am just try proving majority of completionists people are not satisfied 'cause lots of them will not reach cap rank ( and it's not their fault)

Except most people hit the cap 3 times already. 60, 90 and 120, each time people complained that their standing was going to waste, asking for endless ranks. Unreachable max is pseudo infinite,  whether completionists like it or not. 

From the evidence I've seen in this discussion 180 is reachable when focusing from the start, yet will be tough when done from the cap increase. It still sounds possible, yet difficult, and that difficult is what true completionists would've been able to reach.

4 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Never even considered lifting a finger to specifically farm for glassed enemies. If they spawn in a mission I'm in - they die (unless they hide in a corner I wasn't planning to go to). But I've never actually sought them out.

And while I (obviously) don't have any official data, I have seen a LOT of people in public squads who had the Nightwave lander before I did. And while that was quite early in the season, I have no reason to believe that they all stopped getting any NW standing immediately after - meaning that most of them should be at around the same rank as me (or higher) right now.

Hmm that is interesting. Since you are near the end with regular steady play throughout the season and no specific farming, it looks like those that are up in arms now have simply joined later or waited and tried to settle for minimum effort. This would explain the difference between what you have left to grind and what they have left, since you've killed glass mobs doing your thing each week, while they've crammed up several weekly acts, meaning in some cases several are solved at once, which equals less time spent in missions and less chance glass enemies spawn.

And to add to this. The ranks from the math you provided are also not the only free ranks this seasons from simply doing the NW series, since we also got 7k (?) per CSI job, which is another 35k standing. This means over the whole season around 7k from glass enemies per week would be needed. I dont think that is too much to ask if someone is really a completionist.

56 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Hmm that is interesting. Since you are near the end with regular steady play throughout the season and no specific farming, it looks like those that are up in arms now have simply joined later or waited and tried to settle for minimum effort. This would explain the difference between what you have left to grind and what they have left, since you've killed glass mobs doing your thing each week, while they've crammed up several weekly acts, meaning in some cases several are solved at once, which equals less time spent in missions and less chance glass enemies spawn.

I do have to admit that I've been playing more warframe this year than is healthy - but it's just the kid of year it's been (Covid, effectively 9 months in lockdown, etc.). but yes, I have just been constantly doing the weekly acts as well as just playing some more Warframe outside of the "do current Nightwave" sessions. Did not stop doing the acts whenever I reached the intermediate caps, but never purpose-farmed the standing either.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

And to add to this. The ranks from the math you provided are also not the only free ranks this seasons from simply doing the NW series, since we also got 7k (?) per CSI job, which is another 35k standing.

Noticed that after I posted the calculation too, but decided not to bother with it - since this adjustment only strengthens my point, not weakens it.

1 hour ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Previous Seasons and Intermissions allowed players to reach the cap through tasks. That's why the November date is important, because it's the only arguable date from which projected calculations could be made to determine task-based standing and the eventual cap. Even then, it wasn't a hard deadline. It was a vague intention, and we all know about how those usually turn out with DE - stands to reason we might have pushed through February before the end actually arrived.

Doing every task, every week, including dailies is putting the work in for it. Because the game doesn't track Fissure cycling, you are not expected to know when they will spawn, and every extraction between missions is a potential ~25 minute time loss if it just happened to cover the spawn window. Even the external timers aren't fully reliably accurate, and don't track the skip.

That's your problem: you should not be bothering with "projections" and "external timers" - you should be just playing the game! That seems to work much better in the long run!

1 hour ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

They are strictly superfluous and cannot be reasonably required for the cap.

Nothing is "required for the cap"! Players are not generally expected to reach the cap! Players are expected to be able to reach rank 30 (THIRTY) - that is why the last of the unique rewards is exactly there! The rest are "prestige ranks"! You get as many of them as you get! You are not meant to get all of them!

Now, if you decide to call yourself a "completionist" and try to max out those ranks - then be prepared to go the extra mile! And that my or may not require farming the randomized spawns. And don't expect DE to make it easy for you - this game is already easy enough as it is!

45 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

You might want to have a look at his answer to my follow-up question (same thread).

Hint: that follow-up question needed to be included in the "survey" for the response data to actually mean anything!

Yeah good point I forgot to ask that, we'll see if others will pop-up and if they tried and wanted hit the cap. Would really help me if you find other peopl that will and want hit this series cap rank if possible.

Still me and the other guy got a lot less glass spawns, 'cause I personally played since this series dropped everyday, and not just for doing nightwaves and close game. I can say an average of 4 hours a day.
So why some people has to farm those glass enemies to "cover" up the difference between them and some other players that somehow get more spawn 'cause they played an unhealthy amount of time or just get luckier?

Like you said you didn't do anything "better" or "more than us, 'cause we both cleared all weekly nws and played during the series, so we should have been at similar rank.

It's not our fault if this series and how they managed it brought up such a disparity!

2 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Except most people hit the cap 3 times already. 60, 90 and 120, each time people complained that their standing was going to waste, asking for endless ranks. Unreachable max is pseudo infinite,  whether completionists like it or not. 

From the evidence I've seen in this discussion 180 is reachable when focusing from the start, yet will be tough when done from the cap increase. It still sounds possible, yet difficult, and that difficult is what true completionists would've been able to reach.

So we either needed predict this would happen from the start, or play and insane amount of time and also be lucky to get them spawn, 'cause you can skip those spawn with normal 15/20 minutes missions, we all had to play more missions longer than 25 minute to get that glass spawns

That's your problem: you should not be bothering with "projections" and "external timers" - you should be just playing the game! That seems to work much better in the long run!

Nothing is "required for the cap"! Players are not generally expected to reach the cap! Players are expected to be able to reach rank 30 (THIRTY) - that is why the last of the unique rewards is exactly there! The rest are "prestige ranks"! You get as many of them as you get! You are not meant to get all of them!

Now, if you decide to call yourself a "completionist" and try to max out those ranks - then be prepared to go the extra mile! And that my or may not require farming the randomized spawns. And don't expect DE to make it easy for you - this game is already easy enough as it is!

He just told you in 400 hours he only got 100 hours worth of time glass fissures, you in same amount of time probably got 300/400 worth of standing hours. It's lucky based on when you extract each misson. (and you can't argue with data, I showed yall that in 3 hours max you can get if lucky to not missing any spawn is 750 standing, please take a second reading this)

I personally invested time last days in trying understand how those spawns worked, and we can clearly affirm it's lucky based! And probably average players who may or may not wanted reach the cap are in the same situation.

I may not be able to talk representing a big portion of "completionists" but you can't do that as well

32 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

So why some people has to farm those glass enemies to "cover" up the difference between them and some other players that somehow get more spawn 'cause they played an unhealthy amount of time or just get luckier?

Because we are NOT MEANT TO reach the rank cap! From the way the cap' been raised, it looks like it was always meant to be ""so high nobody reaches it" - those ranks were meant to be effectively unlimited.

But then things got delayed, and people started reaching the cap. Then Intermission 2 was going on for so long DE had to actually raise the cap to make sure people were still getting something  (other than annoyed) from the system. Then season 3 lasted so long they had to raise the cap two more times!

If whoever at DE chose the latest rank cap sees this thread, they won't be annoyed that you are claiming the cap is unreachable - they'll be annoyed that I'm about to reach it!

10 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Because we are NOT MEANT TO reach the rank cap! From the way the cap' been raised, it looks like it was always meant to be ""so high nobody reaches it" - those ranks were meant to be effectively unlimited.

But then things got delayed, and people started reaching the cap. Then Intermission 2 was going on for so long DE had to actually raise the cap to make sure people were still getting something  (other than annoyed) from the system. Then season 3 lasted so long they had to raise the cap two more times!

If whoever at DE chose the latest rank cap sees this thread, they won't be annoyed that you are claiming the cap is unreachable - they'll be annoyed that I'm about to reach it!

So you confirm you actually just got luckier, or played way too much to reach it? Unless DE says "we want the cap unreachable", I can't take your opinion on that, 'cause if they increased the cap on 210 for the same reason in that case it would been clearly meaning cap has not be reached. 180 is a meh halfway, you can't understand if they wanted it reachable or not.

Also posting a comment made by someone who clearly wanna reach the cap but will not be able unless he farms the 40k standing left for 160 hours (and no with "just playing" he will not be able if he gets unluck to skip their spawn during extractions). He had to farm those the hard way, and that proves you just got a lot more luckier than others and that doesn't mean you can assume how players had to play or why DE made such a decision.

unknown.png?width=1025&height=193

Just now, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

...that said, I'm REALLY tempted to farm to 30+150, take a screenshot of the last rank unlocked, photoshop an umbral forma into the last reward card and post that image on these forums.

...and watch the world burn!

You are not helping at all, I really hope for you DE doesn't put such an RNG and insane time required farm to get stuff you wanna get in a limited time and without having a chance to plan it, 'cause it has to be unexpected. I'm REALLY tempted to see what you will say when such a thing will happen ;)

2 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

So you confirm you actually just got luckier, or played way too much to reach it? Unless DE says "we want the cap unreachable", I can't take your opinion on that, they could increase the cap on 210 for the same reason and in that would been clearly meaning cap has not be reached. 180 is a meh halfway, you can't understand if they wanted it reachable or not.

Also posting a comment made by someone who clearly wanna reach the cap but will not be able unless he farms the 40k standing left for 160 hours (and no with "just playing" he will not be able if he gets unluck to skip their spawn during extractions). He had to farm those the hard way, and that proves you just got a lot more luckier than others and that doesn't mean you can assume how players had to play or why DE made such a decision.

All I can say is exactly what I've been saying all along: rank 30+150 is reachable, and I am very likely to reach it by the end of next week. I have not been force-farming standing or doing anything in particular to reach it - I just kind of got there. I do play a lot of Warframe, but so do a lot of people. I strongly doubt that I've been consistently very lucky with glass spawns over the entire 8 months - basic probability says that it should have evened out by now. I don't know how it happened and I haven't been logging enough data to figure it out (even if I wanted to).

If DE raise the cap to 210 - not reaching it will not bother me in the slightest. Although I might then try to farm up to 181 (just to be annoying)

1 minute ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

All I can say is exactly what I've been saying all along: rank 30+150 is reachable, and I am very likely to reach it by the end of next week. I have not been force-farming standing or doing anything in particular to reach it - I just kind of got there. I do play a lot of Warframe, but so do a lot of people. I strongly doubt that I've been consistently very lucky with glass spawns over the entire 8 months - basic probability says that it should have evened out by now. I don't know how it happened and I haven't been logging enough data to figure it out (even if I wanted to).

If DE raise the cap to 210 - not reaching it will not bother me in the slightest. Although I might then try to farm up to 181 (just to be annoying)

At 210 we all could be sure it was meant be "unreacheable" like you said you are, but nope we got 180 and we cna't be sure about DE's reasons behind it.

You didn't collected data but I did, I never make a post without data on hands and facts to begin with. I can assure you, you either played really too much and at same time got most of the glass enemies spawns that would be possible in that amount of time, You have been above the average on that, but you also aren't a completionist better than us, 'cause you did nothing extra in this series, on the other hand we tried farming those glass enemies to manage recover that difference and we failed at that for the first time. So everything I said, every data and screenshots and examples I gathered 'till here, count also the data from that other guy. We have all the rights to made this post on forum and expect DE at least notice it. Then I will be happy to know if they didn't wanted make it reachable or just didn't thought this when they added last cap

You can't have anything against that

6 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

You didn't collected data but I did, I never make a post without data on hands and facts to begin with. I can assure you, you either played really too much and at same time got most of the glass enemies spawns that would be possible in that amount of time, You have been above the average on that, but you also aren't a completionist better than us, 'cause you did nothing extra in this series, on the other hand we tried farming those glass enemies to manage recover that difference and we failed at that for the first time. So everything I said, every data and screenshots and examples I gathered 'till here, count also the data from that other guy. We have all the rights to made this post on forum and expect DE at least notice it. Then I will be happy to know if they didn't wanted make it reachable or just didn't thought this when they added last cap

If believing this makes you happy - go for it! This really isn't a topic I care all that much about.

I'll just go start photoshopping that umbra forma reward card!

Archived