Jump to content

Why Would You? Put Warframe Down


(XBOX)DarknessZeref
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just to clear the air on the title- no this isn't about optic health and taking breaks between gaming sessions although you should totally do that if you don't already, this is about why any single Tenno would stop walking their path.

More and more games, growing through life and gaining new perspective really highlighted what I used to believe was a positive when beginning Warframe- that still is positive in a sense, that's skewing the game's direction unintentionally. Grind.

What a Free-To-Play game needs is content, plain & simple. Under promise, over deliver and reap the rewards every time. Warframe has tons and tons and tons of content. To complete it all under the guidelines set forth sounds crazy, kinda because it is. I mean plenty of us have overpowered characters across games, right? GTA, DD: Dark Arisen, Dauntless, MHW, etc. etc. So when did it become normal to use every little thing you could use? Warframe has brilliantly made the game seem longer than it is by forcing you to care about things we traditionally don't care about in late-game tracks.

In ANY VIDEO GAME all you need to do to be "good" is research your personal ideal path to comfortable play at the highest or near-highest level. You grind out a specific set, 1 weapon and equip your pet then are capable of achieving as many feats as you're capable including the game's finale and endgame. This applied to Warframe means 1 Warframe, primary, sec, Melee, pet, AW, etc. When you finish grinding enough content to reach what you need to be truly endgame, MR 16 with a full forma'd build on at least 1 item per category & at least a fully ranked Zenurik Energizing Dash you realize nothing can really handle you.

Here's the turning point,

All continued builds you make are purely to accomplish more and more obscure tasks as you treck your way to True master, but your proficiency with each degrades as the collection increases as is human nature. Therefore it can be said that the game is designed for you NOT to grind it and become a master in your niche frame, weapon combo- whose to say? But the lack of challenge leaves the question of what else is there to do but grind?

Raise your hand. MR16 fully 5 forma necramech fully modded, AW, RJ, etc. Rivens. These Tenno are the most interesting, by far. 

Why We feel this way;
Right now the squad and I are off because there's nothing to do but grind or pre-grind. We've been grinding through life, so it's the same redundancy that forced me to stop playing Bully: Scholarship Edition while a College Sophomore. I said "I gotta get to class" on mic & our Co-Founder said "You mean real life or the game?" I said "Both" Didn't pick it up til postgrad. Don't make Warframe a job, make it fun!

MHW has our attention now for two reasons, challenge & fun. Applied the same methodology there, got me a raging brachy glaive x gauntlets x greaves, Teo Head x Chest x waist and I'm having a ball just playing the game at its high-ish level. Contracts are not guaranteed successes at all, whereas you're highly unlikely to fail in Warframe outside Arbitrations and each fight is just so different, breathtaking and engaging. Warframe has everything it needs to rewire the progression system's priorities to generate that type of reward from a fight with Profit Taker. To simply redefine the motivation for the fight would position it as a "I want to fight Profit Taker" moment, or "I wanna go Tricap" moment as opposed to "I need to do Profit Taker" moments we currently get. Everything placed behind the grind lens makes the Warframe journey feel like a swamp adventure.
 

Conclusion
Focus must shift from "Let's introduce more content" to "Lets introduce more challenging gameplay" and "Let's introduce more continuous gameplay"
Now that we have people on Warframe there's time to introduce endgame continuity before the next wave of new players realize the same conundrum. I want to hop on Warframe just because that _______ fight was so epic & I wanna do it again, not because a new weapon came out.

Suggestions

Spoiler

Imagine each player achieves your ideal state of a full weapon/Warframe build and test for combat difficulty both at that level and with a version of build maximized to simulate Veteran perspective and take note of the statistic gap. That is your "Steel Path" multiplier, if you will. Successful franchises introduce enemies weighted levels +10 character level at max gear, with New game+ modes offering deeper gaps and better gear. Analysis will reveal Warframe's best "Met your match" scenarios and that's what'll take Warframe into its golden age. Simaris could host anti-warframe/weapon scenarios based on sanctuary onslaught data, adding physical shields to the new lichs and adding lichs to Steel Path would be an amazing first taste- but focusing on "What does great combat look like?" will go so so so far in Warframe's development.  Also, most of our flying enemies are drones- or generally uninteresting/unimpactful. An area of EZ opportunity. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're in luck because I'm not just an mhw day one adopter, but I'm also a long time monster hunter veteran.

Btw I'm mr16 fully 5 forma necramech fully modded aw rj although i haven't gone into rivens. Just played warframe for couple of months.

Basically u can say that we're the same person, just started on the opposing timeline.

 

Mh and warframe are very similar, yet can't be more different. Mh is a Japanese thing: it's a pursuit of perfection. That's why you will never achieve it, and just play mh forever.

The first time you took down a deviljho, you couldn't be prouder. Then you do it again and again until you're very proficient in doing it. You realize that in every run there's always something that you could've done better, one move that should've been faster, so you keep doing it. Until you go to youtube and team darkside did it in 1 minute. Here we go again, let's make the set that they wear. The quest to perfection never ends. There'll always be better methods in mh, that's what keeps it interesting.

To be honest, warframe doesn't even have a chance to come close to mh. Fundamentally mh is a skill-based game, while warframe is a stat-based game. If you give me decent weapon and pit me naked no armor skills with deviljho, i can still win. Because i know how to dodge him and how to consistently land my hits. There's an old saying in mh forums when rookies asks how to defeat x monster, people like to joke "Don't get hit. Hit it till it dies" which just a different version of "git gud" but in mh it's actually true. If you learn how to dodge, you will live. If you learn how to land hits, the monster will eventually die. While in warframe? Good luck shooting profit taker with an mk1 braton forever.

Honestly i start playing warframe because it feels like the older mh games before mhw. It's doing terrible job at explaining itself, most systems are too convoluted for its own good, and QOL does not exist, but the potential are limitless. Come on, you can build a spaceship?!?!

Mhw is -that good- after sucking for many many years. Mh was never popular in the west, yet the Japanese are always crazy about it. Mhw is only this famous because ryozo and his team willing to change some serious fundamental stuff. Know that when mhw was announced, veterans was worried crazy because of the changes and basically just wrecked havoc wherever they commented.

So warframe will always be like this, like warframe. Veterans will be bored, it's inevitable. I got bored with even mhw, that's why i try warframe. If we want fundamental changes to get rid of warframe's biggest problems, our best bet might be Warframe II (should it ever happen).

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-01-12 at 5:30 PM, (XBOX)DarknessZeref said:

When you finish grinding enough content to reach what you need to be truly endgame, MR 16 with a full forma'd build on at least 1 item per category & at least a fully ranked Zenurik Energizing Dash you realize nothing can really handle you.

Not quite.... There's plenty that can handle you if you only have one Great Item per Category.... 

This is because Different content Benefits Different Warframe's... 

And there's definitely no Single build that lets you Curb Stomp all the content...

On 2021-01-12 at 5:30 PM, (XBOX)DarknessZeref said:

Conclusion
Focus must shift from "Let's introduce more content" to "Lets introduce more challenging gameplay" and "Let's introduce more continuous gameplay"

As far as I can tell... It seems like they are aware of this and are trying to make Warframe more engaging.... When it comes to Warframe's... I think they're succeeding.... But as far as Weapons, Missions and Events go it's a complete bust.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-01-14 at 3:07 AM, Soy77 said:

The first time you took down a deviljho, you couldn't be prouder. Then you do it again and again until you're very proficient in doing it. You realize that in every run there's always something that you could've done better, one move that should've been faster, so you keep doing it. Until you go to youtube and team darkside did it in 1 minute. Here we go again, let's make the set that they wear. The quest to perfection never ends. There'll always be better methods in mh, that's what keeps it interesting.

To be honest, warframe doesn't even have a chance to come close to mh. Fundamentally mh is a skill-based game, while warframe is a stat-based game. If you give me decent weapon and pit me naked no armor skills with deviljho, i can still win. Because i know how to dodge him and how to consistently land my hits. There's an old saying in mh forums when rookies asks how to defeat x monster, people like to joke "Don't get hit. Hit it till it dies" which just a different version of "git gud" but in mh it's actually true. If you learn how to dodge, you will live. If you learn how to land hits, the monster will eventually die. While in warframe? Good luck shooting profit taker with an mk1 braton forever.

"Perfection", heh. In reality, it's just the same as in every game with enemies that have patterns: You learn the fight, find the easiest/fastest way to cheese all the difficulty from it, and do it until you get all the stuff you need. This is how it is for most people.

Really, knowing basic mechanics like dodging and not commiting to an attack in a bad spot isn't exactly rocket science. It is the basic and most obvious thing, and if someone couldn't do that much, then they would have gotten stuck on the first monster while playing solo. Which is to say, "advice" like that is more so you can laugh at them than actually giving them anything that might help. "Git gud" isn't any more true in MH than dark souls, or any other game.

Edited by (PSN)Yggranya
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

"Perfection", heh. In reality, it's just the same as in every game with enemies that have patterns: You learn the fight, find the easiest/fastest way to cheese all the difficulty from it, and do it until you get all the stuff you need. This is how it is for most people.

Really, knowing basic mechanics like dodging and not commiting to an attack in a bad spot isn't exactly rocket science. It is the basic and most obvious thing, and if someone couldn't do that much, then they would have gotten stuck on the first monster while playing solo. Which is to say, "advice" like that is more so you can laugh at them than actually giving them anything that might help. "Git gud" isn't any more true in MH than dark souls, or any other game.

It's a little bit different in monster hunter communities.

In mh, you don't just "do it until you get all the stuff you need". Veteran hunters actually doing the same thing over and over again because playing the game is fun, not just to get the prize. They probably already have infinite amount of the rewards. They just want to be half second faster every run, use one less item every run, land one more critical hit every run.

If you ever watch The Last Samurai, when tom cruise just arrived in village, he's amazed at how people there devoted everything to making tea, forging sword, or just harvesting crops. That's basically the real monster hunter community. People who devoted everything into each hunts just so it can be slightly even more perfect than the previous hunt.

 

Just like how japan is different and interesting for some people, MH is a different kind of cult, that's why i brought it up as an example. 

Dark soul players give their all to learn and defeat a boss. Then after they do, they never go near it ever again. Monster hunter players give their all to learn and defeat a monster, only to do it a thousand times more.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

It's a little bit different in monster hunter communities.

In mh, you don't just "do it until you get all the stuff you need". Veteran hunters actually doing the same thing over and over again because playing the game is fun, not just to get the prize. They probably already have infinite amount of the rewards. They just want to be half second faster every run, use one less item every run, land one more critical hit every run.

If you ever watch The Last Samurai, when tom cruise just arrived in village, he's amazed at how people there devoted everything to making tea, forging sword, or just harvesting crops. That's basically the real monster hunter community. People who devoted everything into each hunts just so it can be slightly even more perfect than the previous hunt.

 

Just like how japan is different and interesting for some people, MH is a different kind of cult, that's why i brought it up as an example. 

Dark soul players give their all to learn and defeat a boss. Then after they do, they never go near it ever again. Monster hunter players give their all to learn and defeat a monster, only to do it a thousand times more.

I doubt even half the players cared about some speedrunner BS as long as the monster died. Unless there was a strict time limit.

And hey, in dark souls i did bosses hundreds of times as i helped people get through it as a phantom. It is the same, wether you want to admit it or not since you can do them again and again in both games. Why do you try to glorify MH so much anyway? Especially the players, which i seriously doubt were any different unless they were even worse. Your "real" community is like PvP communities in games that are designed for PvE, a tiny minority. You can't learn a boss or monster by playing it once anyway, unless you spend most of the fight dodging insted of fighting. Especially since i vividly remember bosses saving attacks until i was fighting it the 20-100 time. Like a combo that has two attacks until it suddenly has a third attack. Just waiting till you were low on health and though you were safe. Then down you go.

Edited by (PSN)Yggranya
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Why do you try to glorify MH so much anyway? 

Wow, brother... We need to calm down and restart. Take a sip of coffee, or tea. I don't mean to "glorify" mh, i was simply explaining what it is. Because not many people know it. Imagine you explaining warframe to someone else, they might not get it because they don't experience warframe like we have. Well, I happen to have experienced mh that might interest OP since he's just getting into it.

Replaying the same quest over and over again is not for everyone. Mh is tedious. Boring. And you're absolutely right!! most of the majority casuals just play it until they get to the ending, and sell the bluray disc in ebay. But the real mh veterans, the people who lurks in forums like we do now for warframe, people who knows builds, answers questions, and criticize capcom for things that they don't like, etc. they are the one that i was describing. The fewer but active core community just like we are in here.

==========

I have nothing about dark souls, i finished 2 & 3 and it was great! Just so you know, i put sekiro under dark souls series in my personal list 😉

Before mhw, mh was so bad. The community (mostly Japanese) had to come out with various things to keep the game interesting, and one of the main thing that they found was that "quest to perfection". They replayed the same thing over and over again just to be better. This is a foreign concept for anything outside speedrun communities, so of course when mh got accepted in the west, people thought of it the way that you do "who cares about speedrunners bs?". Time is one aspect of perfection, but it's far from everything.

Games like dark souls don't need to struggle with those kind of stuff. Dark souls have an amazing lore!!! Mh's story was notoriously laughable, players had to find another source of entertainment from the game.

53 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

unless you spend most of the fight dodging insted of fighting. 

🤣 hold up brother. I actually laughed pretty hard when i read this. BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!!!

Remember don't get hit and hit it till it dies i told you earlier? I didn't make it up, i bet you can google it right now.

Anyway, as I've said, it's partly a joke. But in forums, it'll usually followed by real advices to help rookie hunters who asked. If you don't believe me, go to any big mh forums right now, and make a thread about how you can't dodge certain monster's attack. I swear to god every veteran hunter will advise you to start a hunt, but don't fight the monster!!! Just try to dodge for a couple of minutes. After that, pull out your weapon and continue dodging. When you feel comfortable, they'll tell you to start landing one or two hits. And so on. After that just abandon the quest.

I'm not lying to you my man. Go to any respectable mh forums and i swear they will tell you exactly that.

Real mh is the journey, not the reward. You are actually playing monster hunter even when you abandon the quest and didn't get any items. Of course majority casuals will never not understand this, just like majority casuals in warframe still using platinums to speed up foundry -the waiting management is actually part of warframe, right?

==========

All in all, I'm sorry for my wall of text. I'm actually here to chat with people and get to know what others are thinking

I hope it clears the air between you and monster hunter (some monsters do have attacks that are triggered by special conditions, like dps or time check), and me. I promise i mean absolutely no harm to other games, especially actual great games like dark souls (which i love!)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-01-19 at 4:34 AM, Soy77 said:

Wow, brother... We need to calm down and restart. Take a sip of coffee, or tea. I don't mean to "glorify" mh, i was simply explaining what it is. Because not many people know it. Imagine you explaining warframe to someone else, they might not get it because they don't experience warframe like we have. Well, I happen to have experienced mh that might interest OP since he's just getting into it.

Replaying the same quest over and over again is not for everyone. Mh is tedious. Boring. And you're absolutely right!! most of the majority casuals just play it until they get to the ending, and sell the bluray disc in ebay. But the real mh veterans, the people who lurks in forums like we do now for warframe, people who knows builds, answers questions, and criticize capcom for things that they don't like, etc. they are the one that i was describing. The fewer but active core community just like we are in here.

Calm down indeed...

I wonder why most people have some obsession with the "casuals" and "veterans"? If the game was boring, they wouldn't play it regardless. Unless they enjoy boredom. Are you bored when you play games? If so, well... I guess that's your business. MH is the perfect example of game developers refusing to upgrade their game to try new things because the fans are obsessed with the original and if it's different, it's not the same and always worse. Cue MHW and "veterans" reaction.

On 2021-01-19 at 4:34 AM, Soy77 said:

Games like dark souls don't need to struggle with those kind of stuff. Dark souls have an amazing lore!!! Mh's story was notoriously laughable, players had to find another source of entertainment from the game.

What, you think nobody has done speedrunning BS in dark souls? Heh. Every game will eventually lose its luster no matter what it is, and then people need to come up with their own thing to chase. MH sure as hell isn't special in this. Lore is not even close enough to sustain a game on its own. If the gameplay sucks, then the game is dead. I remember the first MH years ago. I only got to the desert boss when i decided not to bother. Since MH didn't die, i wonder how it got such a cult following? Maybe MHW was different since the series was on its last leg.

 

On 2021-01-19 at 4:34 AM, Soy77 said:

🤣 hold up brother. I actually laughed pretty hard when i read this. BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!!!

Remember don't get hit and hit it till it dies i told you earlier? I didn't make it up, i bet you can google it right now.

Yeah, imagine fighting the boss, instead of spending time waiting for it to do things so you KNOW what it does, instead of fighting and reacting to what they do. All the AoE and hitbox #*!%ery means you need to know it all before you even see the boss. You can avoid dying the first time, but that's only because you got pockets full of healing. You don't need to tell me how the game works, but as i said, that's just the same as it is in dark souls. There is no difference.

 

On 2021-01-19 at 4:34 AM, Soy77 said:

Anyway, as I've said, it's partly a joke. But in forums, it'll usually followed by real advices to help rookie hunters who asked. If you don't believe me, go to any big mh forums right now, and make a thread about how you can't dodge certain monster's attack. I swear to god every veteran hunter will advise you to start a hunt, but don't fight the monster!!! Just try to dodge for a couple of minutes. After that, pull out your weapon and continue dodging. When you feel comfortable, they'll tell you to start landing one or two hits. And so on. After that just abandon the quest.

I'm not lying to you my man. Go to any respectable mh forums and i swear they will tell you exactly that.

I don't need to, since there are always people who go and search any guestion someone might ask, and post "git gud" and leave or continue to mock them for whatever enjoyment they get from it. Someone else might help, but those people sure won't. Which is to say, they are a-holes in-game and outside of it. So, like it is in every game, especially the forums. Warframe forum has those people too.

 

On 2021-01-19 at 4:34 AM, Soy77 said:

Real mh is the journey, not the reward. You are actually playing monster hunter even when you abandon the quest and didn't get any items. Of course majority casuals will never not understand this, just like majority casuals in warframe still using platinums to speed up foundry -the waiting management is actually part of warframe, right?

Yes, "casuals" are the reason why there is complaining. Until things change and the "veterans" lose all their marbles.

 

On 2021-01-19 at 4:34 AM, Soy77 said:

All in all, I'm sorry for my wall of text. I'm actually here to chat with people and get to know what others are thinking

If so, why do you want to quit when i state my opinion and views? You shouldn't try to project some imaginary anger that i supposedly have. There is no air to clear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Calm down indeed...

I wonder why most people have some obsession with the "casuals" and "veterans"? If the game was boring, they wouldn't play it regardless. Unless they enjoy boredom. Are you bored when you play games? If so, well... I guess that's your business. MH is the perfect example of game developers refusing to upgrade their game to try new things because the fans are obsessed with the original and if it's different, it's not the same and always worse. Cue MHW and "veterans" reaction.

What, you think nobody has done speedrunning BS in dark souls? Heh. Every game will eventually lose its luster no matter what it is, and then people need to come up with their own thing to chase. MH sure as hell isn't special in this. Lore is not even close enough to sustain a game on its own. If the gameplay sucks, then the game is dead. I remember the first MH years ago. I only got to the desert boss when i decided not to bother. Since MH didn't die, i wonder how it got such a cult following? Maybe MHW was different since the series was on its last leg.

 

Yeah, imagine fighting the boss, instead of spending time waiting for it to do things so you KNOW what it does, instead of fighting and reacting to what they do. All the AoE and hitbox #*!%ery means you need to know it all before you even see the boss. You can avoid dying the first time, but that's only because you got pockets full of healing. You don't need to tell me how the game works, but as i said, that's just the same as it is in dark souls. There is no difference.

 

I don't need to, since there are always people who go and search any guestion someone might ask, and post "git gud" and leave or continue to mock them for whatever enjoyment they get from it. Someone else might help, but those people sure won't. Which is to say, they are a-holes in-game and outside of it. So, like it is in every game, especially the forums. Warframe forum has those people too.

 

Yes, "casuals" are the reason why there is complaining. Until things change and the "veterans" lose all their marbles.

 

If so, why do you want to quit when i state my opinion and views? You shouldn't try to project some imaginary anger that i supposedly have. There is no air to clear.

Okay you do you lol

Good luck

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

i would put down warframe when all my freiends leave it coz then i usaly wind up not getting squads for missions and am practicly solo if i wanted to trudge through large open maps all by myself i would play halo but that got lonely and for some other games i got it got creapy (map gets empty but your still there all alone) so to avoid the just plain sadness i play this coz OMG real players but....as people leave its starting to feel like a solo game almost getting to the point where i need to deploy specters to feel like im playing a mission not just by myself

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Le 12/01/2021 à 16:30, (XBOX)DarknessZeref a dit :

MHW has our attention now for two reasons, challenge & fun. Applied the same methodology there, got me a raging brachy glaive x gauntlets x greaves, Teo Head x Chest x waist and I'm having a ball just playing the game at its high-ish level.

 


Maybe you're really skilled at mhw, but even if it is the case, you should get back to it; I have the intuition that you missed a whole lot :). Your set is what most people build their first hour after the shara ishvalda ending and it is very far from high ish level. (in terms of character power level but also challenge/skill requirement for the player)

You can't compare both games and considering your analysis I think that you mistake completing storylines and getting good at a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-01-13 at 8:07 PM, Soy77 said:

You're in luck because I'm not just an mhw day one adopter, but I'm also a long time monster hunter veteran.

Btw I'm mr16 fully 5 forma necramech fully modded aw rj although i haven't gone into rivens. Just played warframe for couple of months.

Basically u can say that we're the same person, just started on the opposing timeline.

 

Mh and warframe are very similar, yet can't be more different. Mh is a Japanese thing: it's a pursuit of perfection. That's why you will never achieve it, and just play mh forever.

The first time you took down a deviljho, you couldn't be prouder. Then you do it again and again until you're very proficient in doing it. You realize that in every run there's always something that you could've done better, one move that should've been faster, so you keep doing it. Until you go to youtube and team darkside did it in 1 minute. Here we go again, let's make the set that they wear. The quest to perfection never ends. There'll always be better methods in mh, that's what keeps it interesting.

To be honest, warframe doesn't even have a chance to come close to mh. Fundamentally mh is a skill-based game, while warframe is a stat-based game. If you give me decent weapon and pit me naked no armor skills with deviljho, i can still win. Because i know how to dodge him and how to consistently land my hits. There's an old saying in mh forums when rookies asks how to defeat x monster, people like to joke "Don't get hit. Hit it till it dies" which just a different version of "git gud" but in mh it's actually true. If you learn how to dodge, you will live. If you learn how to land hits, the monster will eventually die. While in warframe? Good luck shooting profit taker with an mk1 braton forever.

Honestly i start playing warframe because it feels like the older mh games before mhw. It's doing terrible job at explaining itself, most systems are too convoluted for its own good, and QOL does not exist, but the potential are limitless. Come on, you can build a spaceship?!?!

Mhw is -that good- after sucking for many many years. Mh was never popular in the west, yet the Japanese are always crazy about it. Mhw is only this famous because ryozo and his team willing to change some serious fundamental stuff. Know that when mhw was announced, veterans was worried crazy because of the changes and basically just wrecked havoc wherever they commented.

So warframe will always be like this, like warframe. Veterans will be bored, it's inevitable. I got bored with even mhw, that's why i try warframe. If we want fundamental changes to get rid of warframe's biggest problems, our best bet might be Warframe II (should it ever happen).

I'm so sad you're on PC 😪 glad you shared this, thank you! You're dope, gold star. High quality person

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-01-31 at 2:17 PM, Galuf said:


Maybe you're really skilled at mhw, but even if it is the case, you should get back to it; I have the intuition that you missed a whole lot :). Your set is what most people build their first hour after the shara ishvalda ending and it is very far from high ish level. (in terms of character power level but also challenge/skill requirement for the player)

You can't compare both games and considering your analysis I think that you mistake completing storylines and getting good at a game.

Now I've got a Safi's Shatterspear Awakened 25, 2 piece Rag Brachy, 2 Golden lune & I switch Kulve, Furious Rag, Brachy greaves. Killed Alatreon and the only things I haven't gotten to are Brute Tigrex, Fatalis & scarred Yian Garuga. Hopped onto Warframe and got all that so I've just been deco farming so I'm not wasting my time with Fatalis. I'm not exactly in a rush lol I know once I 100% mhw there's pretty much no reason to revisit it without being prompted by friends. And unironically Fatalis gear isn't necessary for killing every available monster in-game. 

You definitely get the experience of variety, conquest and difficulty long before becoming a master hunter. I got that set mentioned in OP after resuming my HR 9 character on a Friday night -> Sunday night. 3 nights of gameplay.

The one thing Warframe can take from them is expeditions, mission continuity. Let's stay in, restock, save progress and switch gear without having to load between every word.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-01-30 at 12:13 AM, lowgrav said:

i would put down warframe when all my freiends leave it coz then i usaly wind up not getting squads for missions and am practicly solo if i wanted to trudge through large open maps all by myself i would play halo but that got lonely and for some other games i got it got creapy (map gets empty but your still there all alone) so to avoid the just plain sadness i play this coz OMG real players but....as people leave its starting to feel like a solo game almost getting to the point where i need to deploy specters to feel like im playing a mission not just by myself

Bump

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-01-17 at 10:13 PM, Lutesque said:

Not quite.... There's plenty that can handle you if you only have one Great Item per Category.... 

This is because Different content Benefits Different Warframe's... 

And there's definitely no Single build that lets you Curb Stomp all the content...

As far as I can tell... It seems like they are aware of this and are trying to make Warframe more engaging.... When it comes to Warframe's... I think they're succeeding.... But as far as Weapons, Missions and Events go it's a complete bust.

 

Yeah, but let's be completely honest - what if you got 2 great items per category? OR better, you got an item for every relevant category in the game? I mean between Ivara, Mesa and Inaros - that's the entire game you could complete. Between a rifle, shotgun, sniper and bow - that's every sortie you could attempt. There is a finite amount of necessary grind that exists and the rest is just optional fluff. 

I agree they're talking about engagement, but that's how we design mission mechanics, not entire events or enemies! That's so important! I want to be engaged with my objective, and challenged by my enemies. The separation prevents confusion. Weapons are officially back-of-mind now that you can overcap MR30 and get to it easier without doing sections of the game- people have and will continue growing to have the weapons they like using for the longhaul, new weapons aren't a motivating factor for a returning player.

They need to take a hard look at enemy units and what they can do, how they interact with one another for Corpus & Grineer especially, add a few more and generally give me something that doesn't literally disintegrate before my eyes making me wonder if I ever saw it.

OV is stale and hard to play, couldn't be paid to care about achieving a high score and winning 1-200 more phasic cells (Yay! Says nobody). They adjusted the clan trophy reward levels on console by recognizing the spawn rate, but not the phasic cell prices or many other occurrences of the same paradox across bounties & missions making them unplayable in many cases. Scarlet Spear was fun for me, but still lacked an actual engagement within the mobile defense of it all. We haven't really had an interesting fight since the Wolf of Saturn Six and he was just health on top of health with a hammer. 

Enemy me please

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Il y a 2 heures, (XBOX)DarknessZeref a dit :

Now I've got a Safi's Shatterspear Awakened 25, 2 piece Rag Brachy, 2 Golden lune & I switch Kulve, Furious Rag, Brachy greaves. Killed Alatreon and the only things I haven't gotten to are Brute Tigrex, Fatalis & scarred Yian Garuga. Hopped onto Warframe and got all that so I've just been deco farming so I'm not wasting my time with Fatalis. I'm not exactly in a rush lol I know once I 100% mhw there's pretty much no reason to revisit it without being prompted by friends. And unironically Fatalis gear isn't necessary for killing every available monster in-game. 

You definitely get the experience of variety, conquest and difficulty long before becoming a master hunter. I got that set mentioned in OP after resuming my HR 9 character on a Friday night -> Sunday night. 3 nights of gameplay.

The one thing Warframe can take from them is expeditions, mission continuity. Let's stay in, restock, save progress and switch gear without having to load between every word.

Nah you missed the arch tempered fights as well. MHW devs got a lot of backlash from the community, there are only 2 fights atm in the game that provide kind of a challenge and the rest is too easy, especially if you use SOS or grop plays. Fatalis level gear is necessary for arch tempered velkhana actually, you can go there without it obviously but with no source of high elderseal everything os you after 5mn of fighting.

Edited by Galuf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...