The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poor Nekros 1

Scar.brother.help.me

I am sure someone's gonna defend it anyway, but generally everyone can agree that Soul Punch is just counter-productive and makes more harm and the only excuse for it's existence is a Helminth Slot and the latest attempt to add a low-hp-insta-kill effect proved that no one still cares.

Suggestion: delete Soul Punch and forget forever, add a new ability: whatever fancy ultra-violent name (ULTRAVIOLENCE)- debuff in the area for a bigger chance for affected targets to be dismembered (same thing that Amalgam Ripkas True Steel does but applied on affected targets so that it doesn't matter who does the kill)
Synergy to his Dessecrate - More parts - more loot

Possible Augment similar to Oberon, Frost, Ember, Volt - A team Buff to Slash damage (Yes, this is a very strong damage type, but why not tie it to Nekros?)  - besides a good buff it still goes well with the concept - more slash - more chance to dismember - more loot for everyone.

As a player on the newer side I’ve gotta jump on the defence slot because the soul punch execute has done wonders for me, sentinels for example are a pain to kill especially as they get weaker so the execute saves me the hassle in addition to a free zombie. The skill outside of that isn’t the best but instead of a whole rework on it, might I suggest that they add another debuff onto it one that allows nekros to choose target priority on his zombies, so if he uses his 1 on an enemy all the zombies will target it and swarm to it. A boost to the augment could be that “when used on an ally it will revive them, when used on an enemy it will increase damage taken from all sources” It’ll allow for more usage of nekros, the revive could get scrapped all together, turn that part into a “If soul punch is used on a zombie, the zombie is killed, it’s remaining health is distributed among all injured party members as healing” 

Single target CC. All criticism is invalid.

Kidding.

Nekros needs a rework. And his 1 would very much have to go.

I had the idea for an ability that siphons life from enemies and perhaps then let’s Nekros fuel his abilities, and perhaps even give him a way to directly and continuously scale up his shadows damage.

food for thought.

7 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I mean Nekros is in a good spot as he is, no idea how we'll buff him.

Even tho the new Warith WF is clearly Nerkos 2.0, hell slap one of Wairths new powers on Nekros and boom

I mean, scott outright took the ideas that were suggest for nekros and put them on Wraith with the only 2 parts of the OG concept being the dash in wraith form and the 4 using souls to charge up (its not even a cloak attack but pseudo rehashed valkyr claws using the old/nonjaggy animation pool and expanded n smoothed out).

9 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I am sure someone's gonna defend it anyway, but generally everyone can agree that Soul Punch is just counter-productive and makes more harm and the only excuse for it's existence is a Helminth Slot and the latest attempt to add a low-hp-insta-kill effect proved that no one still cares.

People will defend it because its not. Its trash as damage and should deal damage but it has a solid role in his kit (and back when he was designed, it actually did the damage role too because it was true damage), if anything the anti synergy from the execute that requires you to shoot the corpse post death to get a cut was what made it counter productive.

IMO how to buff/"""rework""" (even if its about as much of a rework as the plethora of titania fixes unless the 4 gets changed)

Nekros passive should be (some 0.1~0.05%) lifesteal.

Soul punch need to have trasxecute removed and instead deal % max hp true damage/hp removal (so that it actually scales AND goes back how it used to work when physics impact was a damage type which was essentially true damage for 99% of enemies) and ALWAYS cause the target to be body cut.
I personally find good benefits from a yeet from range and knockdown up close (or from high/low elevation respectively) but with how many people disagree and DE insisting on not putting it in the tips section i can see it being instead put as part of a 1 augment/wouldnt mind as long as he has a weapon and gamestate independent source of good damage.

Terrify needs to slow baseline with fear portion of terrify only applying to enemies that have direct LOS to nekros (aka enemies that cant fight dont run, but all are slowly creeping around playing into the horror trope genre of people being stupid and slowly creeping to be caught by the monster instead of guns blazing; with the augment turned it being a enemy resistance reduction instead and a P&P toggle ability (no channel, energy cost per enemy feared but permanently emitting slow)

Desecrate just needs to have its on cast 10 energy removed to work the same as with despoil, maybe share the passive lifesteal to all allies in aoe

Shadows need full change either in giving players a ui to control shadow priority and ability to blacklist units from being added to shadow pool (seriously, game already has a shadow priority list which the devs manually update as seen with OV and Deimos updates) while also doing a AI override (like arena units, demo units in disruption vs out of disruption and on old events and crossfire missions get) with 3-4 options along with a UI indicator for shadow health (as posted before) OR just given a big exalted scythe he can cast with his hp that auto body cuts and depending on augment summons as many shadows as you can sustain from kills or gives him full iron skin cc immunity and a fake hp pool that degenerates with time that is based on some small base value, but adds % of killed enemies hp to itself (or just the lifesteal/heal amount if his passive is given a proper mid combat use instead of less effective and non-build synergetic win more).

P.S. In addition to being a innate effect of over 50% slash physical damage component weapons, chance to dismember is based on bodypart hit and some weapons and stances very likely have a innate hidden bonus to do so (e.g. maim modded akstiletto quite reliably do center body cuts more often than a gram prime with CW), so im not sure how effective the slash aug would be for that part compared to just a augment or peculiar mod with the ripkas effect, tho it sure as hell would give him a mega meta position for pre insanely high level endurance... which he already has.

41 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

I mean, scott outright took the ideas that were suggest for nekros and put them on Wraith with the only 2 parts of the OG concept being the dash in wraith form and the 4 using souls to charge up (its not even a cloak attack but pseudo rehashed valkyr claws using the old/nonjaggy animation pool and expanded n smoothed out).

Yup

With enough threads about Nekros, we'll probably make a difference! I sorta came to terms that our necromancer will stay untouched for many more years to come though (I'll gladly be wrong.)

But Nekros' 1. Honestly, if Marked for Harvest proc lasted a bit longer, I'll be happy. I actually find myself using his 1 more often; I see a heavy gunner, it's free real estate. 

9 hours ago, DaMasque said:

But Nekros' 1. Honestly, if Marked for Harvest proc lasted a bit longer, I'll be happy. I actually find myself using his 1 more often; I see a heavy gunner, it's free real estate. 

I mean, its better that it doesnt last long to be able to use the cc bit of SP as intended and to actually fully cycle shadows than get them 1 by 1 and even later on when its good to have at least one weak/early killed shadow to have 4 heal at start, its of relatively little use (especially since execute kills that dont get killed by base damage dont get put in the next to spawn shadow pool/arent treated as kills).

Or for short, the name marked for harvest is extremely ironic as it removes the ability for a target to be "harvested" as a shadow.

Archived