Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations are amazing

Zeddypanda

No revives, enemy level is just enough that they're a danger but not sponges, rewards look solid, they rate at which they roll in is just right. Arbitration drones makes you pay attention and put effort in, but not in an obnoxious way.

It's been a while since I've had a big old grind plastered across my face playing this game, but when I died playing my half-effort usual style and got immediately slapped with a mission failure, I felt alive again. I went for multiple rounds of defense! I never go for multiple rounds of defense! I usually don't even go for one.

Just wanted to say thanks for this mode. You did a solid.

22 minutes ago, Bronze_Pleb said:

You mean the gamemode where you can't use your warframe abilities and just spam melee with a tanky frame? Ye it's alright when a good one rotates in cause being able to play what you want when you want doesn't sit well with DE.

wuuuh? I can't decide if you are confused about what OP means, or if you just don't have either the skill or decent mods that would allow you to play arbitration comfortably with any frame.

There is arbitration and then there is arbitration 🙂. What I mean is that doing 5 minutes and then extracting is technically "arbitration", but it really isn't. The first rotation C drop is at 25 minutes, so if you go for a "balanced" arbitration that is 30 minutes (which gives you two rewards from each: AABBCC).

And then there are the missions, which are easier or harder (and more or less effective) depending on if you go with friends/pre-def squad, randoms or solo. Extractions are a blast with the right team, infested survival is easiest to solo (at least it feels that way to me, at least up to 60 minutes).

But I agree with the OP, giving us 1 life only and protecting the enemies against abilities/damage keeps us on our toes in a way very much different from "normal missions".

57 minutes ago, Bronze_Pleb said:

You mean the gamemode where you can't use your warframe abilities and just spam melee with a tanky frame?

I don't know that mode, I'm afraid. I've played the mode where Limbo turns a defense mission into an exterminate mission, the mode where Vauban frantically jumps between interception nodes to plant traps to maintain control while surviving, and the mode where Frost uses all of his abilities and weapons to defend excavators.

3 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

There is arbitration and then there is arbitration 🙂. What I mean is that doing 5 minutes and then extracting is technically "arbitration", but it really isn't.

I get you, though just extracting is pretty good too! 50k credits is pretty helpful for ranking up factions for me right now and I just can't stomach the index. I am, however, looking forward to getting the squad together for some longer runs.

2 hours ago, Bronze_Pleb said:

You mean the gamemode where you can't use your warframe abilities and just spam melee with a tanky frame? Ye it's alright when a good one rotates in cause being able to play what you want when you want doesn't sit well with DE.

Oh no, you need to use a weapon against one specific enemy type after which you can continue using warframe abilities like normal.

6 hours ago, Graavarg said:

There is arbitration and then there is arbitration 🙂. What I mean is that doing 5 minutes and then extracting is technically "arbitration", but it really isn't. The first rotation C drop is at 25 minutes, so if you go for a "balanced" arbitration that is 30 minutes (which gives you two rewards from each: AABBCC).

And then there are the missions, which are easier or harder (and more or less effective) depending on if you go with friends/pre-def squad, randoms or solo. Extractions are a blast with the right team, infested survival is easiest to solo (at least it feels that way to me, at least up to 60 minutes).

But I agree with the OP, giving us 1 life only and protecting the enemies against abilities/damage keeps us on our toes in a way very much different from "normal missions".

It's been a good while since there were no revives. Your teammates are burdened with reviving you, with little choice if they want to continue, now.

I wish there were no revives the way it used to be, separate the wheat from the chaff (and yes we all have bad days where we bungle things and die but I rather liked the risk.)

Survivals are a waste of time, imo, you can earn a lot more rotations in less than 5 minutes on some of the endless missions. Excavation used to be the go to, I forget what is in vogue atm. 

Things ramp up faster than with normal missions, which they added later, because the lack of increased difficulty at a faster pace made them kind of slow in general.

But really, with the currency dropping from mobs, as well, even a survival will do. The survivals just bore me, personally. 

Also, I have never seen anyone finish an arbitration after 5 mins in a survival or similar with other endless missions unless the team was full of screw ups. There isn't much reward to that. Why would anyone do it?

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Also, I have never seen anyone finish an arbitration after 5 mins in a survival or similar with other endless missions unless the team was full of screw ups. There isn't much reward to that. Why would anyone do it?

I see it all the time in survival, 5 , 10, 15 minutes, now and then even 20 minutes, but then they are all gone. I don't get why they don't stay for a few C-drops, it's not like the mission is even close to failing. And I've been doing a lot of 50-60 minutes arbi survivals during the pandemic (last time I checked the inventory I had over 1500 Vitus, this without any dedicated farming), because a one-hour slot is quite common for online meetings and Warframe arbi survival is a perfect "second multitask" for boring meetings. It's just mindless kill, kill, kill... 🙂

On 2021-02-06 at 5:48 AM, Bronze_Pleb said:

I use frames with abilities all the time in arbitration. It's only cowards who bring Wukong and Inaros and run around meleeing because they're afraid to die. The saddest thing is when Nidus players come in and die. Typical frames I bring into Arbitration include Saryn, Wisp, Nova, Gara and Khora. I don't even play Wukong and Inaros, I've never used them in Arbitration.

My biggest problem with Arbitration is that pub teams want to leave after three rotations and I'm just like...what did you even come in here for? Why are you wasting my time like this? Granted, even when I have no problem killing enemies or surviving I get a bit bored after an hour or so, but fifteen minutes is a terrible attention span.

Also I'm glad there is a revival mechanic, and I am very rarely the one who needs revived. It makes it feel more hectic when I have to pick up seed things and have my health lowered, trying to revive my teammates. Breaks up the monotony.

Am 6.2.2021 um 23:59 schrieb Graavarg:

I see it all the time in survival, 5 , 10, 15 minutes, now and then even 20 minutes, but then they are all gone. I don't get why they don't stay for a few C-drops, it's not like the mission is even close to failing. And I've been doing a lot of 50-60 minutes arbi survivals during the pandemic (last time I checked the inventory I had over 1500 Vitus, this without any dedicated farming), because a one-hour slot is quite common for online meetings and Warframe arbi survival is a perfect "second multitask" for boring meetings. It's just mindless kill, kill, kill... 🙂

I think it's because many doesn't know that the abritation rotation is AABBCC...CCC... and not AABC...CCC... I myself didn't know it either. (btw. thank you @Graavarg^^) Luckily it doesn't matter for me, because if I do abritation I go for ~60min.

Am 6.2.2021 um 14:26 schrieb Zeddypanda:

No revives, enemy level is just enough that they're a danger but not sponges, rewards look solid, they rate at which they roll in is just right. Arbitration drones makes you pay attention and put effort in, but not in an obnoxious way.

Damm and I try to kill myself, because Steelpath enemies aren't dangerous enough. 😅😅😅

Archived